Elections deniers could be the death of our democracy

Is having a drivers license, having insurance or inspections something protected by the Constitution?
No more than it requires you have them to vote.
Be honest, Candy. You have to have an ID to travel anywhere these days yet you really think poor people can't get one? Even if they're given out for free by Government? Or are you going to accuse me of "racism" because I think every adult should have a legal ID? I guess I have a higher opinion of minorities then you do! I think they're very capable of getting valid ID. To be honest with you? I think it's insulting that the Left thinks they're NOT!
Wow, could you imagine if I had made any of those arguments?

I think the point that you're missing, Chilly is that what's important isn't proving the last election was or wasn't fraudulent but rather restoring people's trust in our elections! Right now there isn't trust and that's a huge problem. Can we agree that we need to come up with ways to make people feel that their vote counts and isn't negated by a vote that shouldn't have been counted? Can we PLEASE get that done! That isn't a partisan thing...that's a save the country thing!
How do you restore people's trust in our elections when trump and his hand picked election deniers are trumpeting the Big Lie over and over and there is a significant percentage of the MAGA repubs out there who really, really believe that BS?

I truly feel sorry for the stupid people who still hang onto every trump lie. Reality has left them behind, all the while, trump grifts every penny he can out of these poor simple souls.

And you're the ones that rioted for MONTHS all across the country because you didn't get your way, Candy! So is a riot that didn't last 24 hours...one who's damage was so little that Congress was back in session the very next day...worse than riots that lasted for months and months and caused Millions in damages?

The BLM riots of the summer were not for political purposes.... the blob's riots were to change the outcome of an election.

You seem to overlook that.

You mean somewhere in the line that says "The MAGA repubs are now bringing destruction of our democracy to our doorstep"

Yea, save your BS.
Show it in court or shit the F up.....Lots of theories, just no evidence.

How do you restore people's trust in our elections when trump and his hand picked election deniers are trumpeting the Big Lie over and over and there is a significant percentage of the MAGA repubs out there who really, really believe that BS?

I truly feel sorry for the stupid people who still hang onto every trump lie. Reality has left them behind, all the while, trump grifts every penny he can out of these poor simple souls.
BetaJim, were you one of these deniers?

FLASHBACK: Just 18 Percent Of Democrats Said Bush Won ‘Fair And Square’ In 2000 Election​

Post-election Gallup polling shows 74 percent of Gore voters said it was”unfair” that Bush won the electoral college without winning the popular vote.

Almost 70 percent of African-Americans said they felt “cheated” by the election’s outcome, and 40 percent said they would not accept Bush as the legitimate president. Just seven percent of African-Americans said Bush won “fair and square.”

Among all Gore voters, 31 percent said Bush “stole” the election. That rate rose to 50 percent among African-American voters. 49 percent of Democrats said Bush “Won on a technicality.” Just 18 percent of Democrats said that Bush “won fair and square.”

Gallup polling conducted from December 15-17, 2000 — barely a month before Bush’s inauguration — showed that 30 percent of Gore’s voters still refused to accept Bush as a legitimate president.

No more than it requires you have them to vote.

Wow, could you imagine if I had made any of those arguments?
My point, Candy...that seemed to go right over your head was that the right to bear arms is something granted by the Constitution. A driver's license is not.

I can't imagine why anyone WOULDN'T make those arguments!

Remember this BetaJim?

Democrats challenge Ohio electoral votes​

Move delays official certification of presidential election​

Thursday, January 6, 2005 Posted: 7:08 PM EST (0008 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Alleging widespread "irregularities" on Election Day, a group of Democrats in Congress objected Thursday to the counting of Ohio's 20 electoral votes, delaying the official certification of the 2004 presidential election results.

The move was not designed to overturn the re-election of President Bush, said Ohio Rep. Stephanie Tubbs Jones and California Sen. Barbara Boxer, who filed the objection.

The objecting Democrats, most of whom are House members, said they wanted to draw attention to the need for aggressive election reform in the wake of what they said were widespread voter problems.

In a letter to congressional leaders Wednesday, members of the group said they would take the action because a new report by Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee found "numerous, serious election irregularities," particularly in Ohio, that led to "a significant disenfranchisement of voters."

"How can we possibly tell millions of Americans who registered to vote, who came to the polls in record numbers, particularly our young people ... to simply get over it and move on?" Tubbs Jones told reporters.

Remember this BetaJim?

Democrats challenge Ohio electoral votes​

Move delays official certification of presidential election​

Thursday, January 6, 2005 Posted: 7:08 PM EST (0008 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Alleging widespread "irregularities" on Election Day, a group of Democrats in Congress objected Thursday to the counting of Ohio's 20 electoral votes, delaying the official certification of the 2004 presidential election results.

The move was not designed to overturn the re-election of President Bush, said Ohio Rep. Stephanie Tubbs Jones and California Sen. Barbara Boxer, who filed the objection.

The objecting Democrats, most of whom are House members, said they wanted to draw attention to the need for aggressive election reform in the wake of what they said were widespread voter problems.

In a letter to congressional leaders Wednesday, members of the group said they would take the action because a new report by Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee found "numerous, serious election irregularities," particularly in Ohio, that led to "a significant disenfranchisement of voters."

"How can we possibly tell millions of Americans who registered to vote, who came to the polls in record numbers, particularly our young people ... to simply get over it and move on?" Tubbs Jones told reporters.
You know the looney left have selective memories.

For starters you don't waste time and inflame passions denigrating the people who felt the election was not on the up and up. Instead you fix the system with common sense things like requiring a valid ID to vote and setting time limits on when votes can still count. How anyone can think requiring a valid ID to vote is a bad thing baffles me.

BetaJim, were you one of these deniers?

FLASHBACK: Just 18 Percent Of Democrats Said Bush Won ‘Fair And Square’ In 2000 Election​

Post-election Gallup polling shows 74 percent of Gore voters said it was”unfair” that Bush won the electoral college without winning the popular vote.

Almost 70 percent of African-Americans said they felt “cheated” by the election’s outcome, and 40 percent said they would not accept Bush as the legitimate president. Just seven percent of African-Americans said Bush won “fair and square.”

Among all Gore voters, 31 percent said Bush “stole” the election. That rate rose to 50 percent among African-American voters. 49 percent of Democrats said Bush “Won on a technicality.” Just 18 percent of Democrats said that Bush “won fair and square.”

Gallup polling conducted from December 15-17, 2000 — barely a month before Bush’s inauguration — showed that 30 percent of Gore’s voters still refused to accept Bush as a legitimate president.
None of them began a movement where election deniers were ready to take over in SoS positions or in other elected positions. REALLY....18%? That is a block in Brooklyn. Compare that the 66% of repubs.

All because a fat POS cannot admit an old man from Delaware beat him in the election.

None of them began a movement where election deniers were ready to take over in SoS positions or in other elected positions. REALLY....18%? That is a block in Brooklyn. Compare that the 66% of repubs.

All because a fat POS cannot admit an old man from Delaware beat him in the election.
Theft is not a loss.

My side apparently is more likely to put action to words, than your beta side. Not surprising.

Forum List

Back