Elementary school shooting

:confused: Wasn't Columbine before 9/11?
Yes, it was. And, I don't know if anyone noticed, but for years after the 9/11 attacks, we didn't have any of this sort of shit. My take on that is that too many folks did not want to do something that was similar to what happened on 9/11.

Now, we have it again. This guy is 24...he was just a kid when 9/11 happened. What went wrong with his (or others who do the same) moral compass?

What do you mean? We have shootings every day... The only difference the ones that get the full attention of the media happen to be the ones that have scarier looking guns, Yet those guns function exactly the same as every other semi- automatic hunting rifle out there. It's about the gun control nuts targeting certain guns like the AR-15... Because they look scary. Nothing more than idiots playing on people's emotions to accomplish their tyrannical agenda... To disarm Law abiding citizens.

Untrue. The mass shootings get more attention, not the size of the gun.

Are you this stupid in real life?

ok before you gun grabbers go off on a tangent about being able to buy guns
The murderer was 20 years old
A 20-year-old man dressed in all black carrying two guns killed 26 people -- including his mother and 18 children -- during morning announcements at a Newtown elementary school on Friday, NBC has learned. The massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School is one the worst school shooting in American history.
26 Dead at Newtown School: NBC | NBC Connecticut

he used two hand guns
you cannot buy a handgun in Connecticut unless you are at least 21
What Are the Gun Laws in Connecticut?

Wont stop the gun law nuts from hammerring their k00k narrative. By tonight, it'll be in full swing.

I am not blaming it on anything...

i am pointing out that people with issues are exposed to ideas that may not have occurred to them before.... grander plans and such.

You're talking about human (or inhuman) nature. That's never going to change. People are always going to kill each other.

Enabling them by providing the tools is the problem, imo.
But ravi, decades ago we had less gun control laws - guns were much more readily available to persons...the tools were more available.

Now they are less available, yet we have more of this shit. I don't think it's the tools' availability that is the problem because the correlation is inverted.

Were they? Maybe rifles were more available, I know my dad always had them. But handguns? Decades ago we didn't have every other person owning a handgun or automatic weapon.

i am pointing out that people with issues are exposed to ideas that may not have occurred to them before.... grander plans and such.

You're talking about human (or inhuman) nature. That's never going to change. People are always going to kill each other.

I kind of hate engaging in this type of discussion so soon after the tragedy, but do we ban axes, hammers, baseball bats, cars, knives, ropes, screwdrivers, etc etc.... ?
All of the listed have been used to kill.
In fact baseball bats are the most popular murder weapon out there.

This is a tragic situation, but we can't act emotionally and pass more dumb laws.

Yup. Knee jerk reactionaries. The breed on message boards. I am still trying to understand the what and why.

:confused: Wasn't Columbine before 9/11?
Yes, it was. And, I don't know if anyone noticed, but for years after the 9/11 attacks, we didn't have any of this sort of shit. My take on that is that too many folks did not want to do something that was similar to what happened on 9/11.

Now, we have it again. This guy is 24...he was just a kid when 9/11 happened. What went wrong with his (or others who do the same) moral compass?

What do you mean? We have shootings every day... The only difference the ones that get the full attention of the media happen to be the ones that have scarier looking guns, Yet those guns function exactly the same as every other semi- automatic hunting rifle out there. It's about the gun control nuts targeting certain guns like the AR-15... Because they look scary. Nothing more than idiots playing on people's emotions to accomplish their tyrannical agenda... To disarm Law abiding citizens.
Bullshit. The attention is due to the fact that mass murder has happened....lots of folks randomly, or not so randomly, killed.

Who gives a shit what gun was used? I don't. The kids or movie goers are still dead.

It's a bit of a stretch to blame this on suicide bombers.

good to know you understand... its the people and not the guns.

A 20-year-old man dressed in all black carrying two guns killed 26 people -- including his mother and 18 children -- during morning announcements at a Newtown elementary school on Friday, NBC has learned. The massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School is one the worst school shooting in American history.

he used two hand guns

I believe he was 24, last stated.

And I agree that gun control laws don't help stop killings.

Of course they do numbskull, I'm talking about the media's knack for reporting gun violence when the term assault rifle can be freely be used... It gets more attention when an AK-47, or AR-15 is used regardless of how many victims there are. Got it pea brain?

he used two hand guns

Wont stop the gun law nuts from hammerring their k00k narrative. By tonight, it'll be in full swing.
of course they will

I kind of hate engaging in this type of discussion so soon after the tragedy, but do we ban axes, hammers, baseball bats, cars, knives, ropes, screwdrivers, etc etc.... ?

This is a tragic situation, but we can't act emotionally and pass more dumb laws.
Except for the fact that if this fucker didn't have the guns he wouldn't have been able to kill so many people.

But ravi, decades ago we had less gun control laws - guns were much more readily available to persons...the tools were more available.

Now they are less available, yet we have more of this shit. I don't think it's the tools' availability that is the problem because the correlation is inverted.

Were they? Maybe rifles were more available, I know my dad always had them. But handguns? Decades ago we didn't have every other person owning a handgun or automatic weapon.
This is from Mother Jones (ugh) about gun ownership since 1973....it has gone from 50% in 1973 to 30% in 2010. Dunno about hand guns, though. I'll keep looking.

he used two hand guns

I believe he was 24, last stated.

And I agree that gun control laws don't help stop killings.
I provide the source from NBC OR did you miss that part?
Anyway do you have supportive links to say otherwise?

Is that why the talking heads on the news are speculating about extended magazines when there is no evidence that they were even used in the shooting?

Decades ago we didn't have people owning automatic weapons???? You really are an idiot... Semi-automatic firearms have been in the public's hands long before you and I were around numbskull.

Yup. Knee jerk reactionaries. The breed on message boards. I am still trying to understand the what and why.
More like the straw that broke the camel's back.

If you don't support gun control, what is your answer to stop the ever more common mass killings? Don't be part of the problem, that isn't a way to solve anything.

Except for the fact that if this fucker didn't have the guns he wouldn't have been able to kill so many people.
Why does the numbers matter too you? One death is too many in a gun free zone. He was at a school with little children he could have silently killed more children with a knife.

Of course they do numbskull, I'm talking about the media's knack for reporting gun violence when the term assault rifle can be freely be used... It gets more attention when an AK-47, or AR-15 is used regardless of how many victims there are. Got it pea brain?
A simple yes to my question would have sufficed.

NEWTOWN, Conn.—At least 25 people, including 18 children, were shot and killed at a Connecticut elementary school on Friday, law-enforcement officials with knowledge of the matter said.

A single shooter, identified only as a 20-year-old man by a law-enforcement official, began shooting inside the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., at about 9:40 a.m.

Lt. J. Paul Vance, a spokesman for the Connecticut State Police, confirmed the shooter was dead inside the school building but declined to provide details on casualties, saying the priority was to first inform family members. A law-enforcement official said the suspect had a personal connection to the school, but wouldn't specify what it was.

Lt. Vance said the scene has been secured and that multiple law-enforcement agencies were engaged in "search warrant activity." At a news conference Friday afternoon, he said investigators were looking "both in and out of state" for information on the gunman but assured the public that they aren't at risk.

A law-enforcement official briefed on the matter said the shooter used at least one weapon: a high-powered .223-caliber assault rifle.

Dozens Killed in Newtown, Connecticut, School Shooting - WSJ.com

I can't disagree with ya on that Rav

Wish I could give ya a hug... I think you need one, I know I do.

A simple yes to my question would have sufficed.

Um... You started with the personal insults, so fuck off loon.

Forum List

Back