Elementary school shooting

You're talking about human (or inhuman) nature. That's never going to change. People are always going to kill each other.

Enabling them by providing the tools is the problem, imo.
But ravi, decades ago we had less gun control laws - guns were much more readily available to persons...the tools were more available.

Now they are less available, yet we have more of this shit. I don't think it's the tools' availability that is the problem because the correlation is inverted.

Were they? Maybe rifles were more available, I know my dad always had them. But handguns? Decades ago we didn't have every other person owning a handgun or automatic weapon.[/QUOTE]
Come on ravi Automatic weapons?? You need a class III to own a automatic weapon. The only people with automatic weapons are criminals , police and Military.

Last edited:
But ravi, decades ago we had less gun control laws - guns were much more readily available to persons...the tools were more available.

Now they are less available, yet we have more of this shit. I don't think it's the tools' availability that is the problem because the correlation is inverted.

Were they? Maybe rifles were more available, I know my dad always had them. But handguns? Decades ago we didn't have every other person owning a handgun or automatic weapon.
This is from Mother Jones (ugh) about gun ownership since 1973....it has gone from 50% in 1973 to 30% in 2010. Dunno about hand guns, though. I'll keep looking.
That was a little confusing....:lol:

LanzaFull-500x281.jpg

Fox News has confirmed that the suspected shooter at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown Connecticut was 24-year-old Ryan Lanza (pictured above). He reportedly was from Newtown, but was living in Hoboken, N.J.

Fox News has learned that Lanza was a Newtown High School graduate in 2006 and an honor roll student there from 2004-06. It is believed he graduated from Connecticut’s Quinnipiac University in 2010

Were they? Maybe rifles were more available, I know my dad always had them. But handguns? Decades ago we didn't have every other person owning a handgun or automatic weapon.

Decades ago we didn't have people owning automatic weapons???? You really are an idiot... Semi-automatic firearms have been in the public's hands long before you and I were around numbskull.
Did I say that? Why, no, I didn't.

Piss off, moron.

So, decades ago when we had LESS gun laws, we didn't see this sort of thing.

Now, we have MORE gun laws and we see MORE of this sort of thing.

Is this a gun problem or a societal problem? I say the latter - too many folks are fucked in the head. Why?

When I grew up, these massacres were few and far between (Texas Tower). We had to contend with assasinations as a way for someone to gain infamy. JFK, MLK, RFK, John Lennon, Reagan, Ford, the Pope...

Now, when someone wants attention they pack as much ammo as they can and try to set a new record for massacres

LanzaFull-500x281.jpg

Fox News has confirmed that the suspected shooter at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown Connecticut was 24-year-old Ryan Lanza (pictured above). He reportedly was from Newtown, but was living in Hoboken, N.J.

Fox News has learned that Lanza was a Newtown High School graduate in 2006 and an honor roll student there from 2004-06. It is believed he graduated from Connecticut’s Quinnipiac University in 2010

good humor man slays 26

I kind of hate engaging in this type of discussion so soon after the tragedy, but do we ban axes, hammers, baseball bats, cars, knives, ropes, screwdrivers, etc etc.... ?
All of the listed have been used to kill.
In fact baseball bats are the most popular murder weapon out there.

This is a tragic situation, but we can't act emotionally and pass more dumb laws.
Except for the fact that if this fucker didn't have the guns he wouldn't have been able to kill so many people.

I can't disagree with ya on that Rav

Wish I could give ya a hug... I think you need one, I know I do.
Thanks....I started crying when I saw pics of those terrified kids outside and imagined my children in their place. Hugs to you, too.

I dont understand how the bloody liberals hate guns but support abortion.. RW is yelling killing kindergarteners and blah blah. What about before they are born? They have to be a certain age to matter? YALL STFU

People forget the gun control debates right now....this is sad....and Si modo and Syreen need to fuck off when they try making a case Muslims paved way for this, what two viciously bigoted individuals. Scum.

So, decades ago when we had LESS gun laws, we didn't see this sort of thing.

Now, we have MORE gun laws and we see MORE of this sort of thing.

Is this a gun problem or a societal problem? I say the latter - too many folks are fucked in the head. Why?

When I grew up, these massacres were few and far between (Texas Tower). We had to contend with assasinations as a way for someone to gain infamy. JFK, MLK, RFK, John Lennon, Reagan, Ford, the Pope...

Now, when someone wants attention they pack as much ammo as they can and try to set a new record for massacres

sad sad sad... i agree. Its that whole going out with a blaze thing.....

Well, the shooter got what he wanted. Two posters have either posted his picture or a link.

He wanted to be famous on his way out. He got it.

Hero teacher Kaitlin Roig tells ABC News that she barricaded her first grade students in classroom bathroom and locked the door when she first heard gun shots. “The kids were being so good. They asked: ‘Can we go see if anyone is out there? … I just want Christmas… I don’t want to die, I just want to have Christmas.’ I said, you’re going to have Christmas and Hanukkah.. I tried to be positive.

LIVE UPDATES: Newtown, CT School Shooting - ABC News

Lanza's mother worked as a teacher at the school. She is dead, the principal and school psychologist are dead, 18-20 students dead.

Regards from Rosie

I am not blaming it on anything...

i am pointing out that people with issues are exposed to ideas that may not have occurred to them before.... grander plans and such.

You're talking about human (or inhuman) nature. That's never going to change. People are always going to kill each other.

Enabling them by providing the tools is the problem, imo.

I kind of hate engaging in this type of discussion so soon after the tragedy, but do we ban axes, hammers, baseball bats, cars, knives, ropes, screwdrivers, etc etc.... ?
All of the listed have been used to kill.
In fact baseball bats are the most popular murder weapon out there.

This is a tragic situation, but we can't act emotionally and pass more dumb laws.

What you are failing to understand is that axes, hammers, baseball bats, cars, knives, ropes, screwdrivers etc etc all serve a useful purpose other than to kill something.

Guns are used to kill and serve no other purpose.

Forum List

Back