Elizabeth Warren slams JPMorgan Chase...

Maybe you ought to put TARP into perspective:

Troubled Asset Relief Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Consider, Obama had been President for 60 days and the worlds economy was in crisis, a crisis only second to the Great Depression. And consider, there was no play book, no roadmap and TARP was signed into law by G. W. Bush.

When the vote was taken Obama had been in office for two years, and the R's had won a big victory in Nov 2010. By then they had spent two years rewriting history and blaming Obama for everything but the attack on Pearl Harbor. Hence, they didn't want the economy to recover, not until they returned to power and that was their entire focus and has been since they got badly beaten in the 2008 election.

Maybe you can tell us why the DOJ isn't prosecuting anyone in the banking scandals.

The short story?

Those guys made the mess and knew how to clean it up.

Putting them in the klink would have been satisfying, but it would have closed down the Financial Sector.
So, it's the Republicans fault for not prosecuting and letting illegal activity go and to reward the Chase CEO, however it is prudent for the Democrats and the DOJ not to do anything.

So blame Republicans, give pass to the Democrats.

This thread is eight pages in and it's still none of Fauxcohantas's business what a private company pays it's employees. When is this blowhard douchebag going to start representing her constituents and stop representing herself? ........ :eusa_whistle:

Did Senator Warren say what she thought they could be paid or what they should be paid? In other words was she advocating for setting a ceiling on CEO salaries or was she making a statement about the corporate culture where incompetence is rewarded. Do you think incompetence should be rewarded? I trying to decide how big of a cake to buy you.

Hold your breath waiting for her to make a statement about corrupt liberal politics, you know, her own "profession"? Obviously idiots like Warren and you think incompetence should be rewarded, you both happily endorsed a known liar and incompetent Barack Obama. With that said, it's still none of her business what JP Morgan pays it's employees, it's her business to tell the truth about the ACA though, how about she starts there and stops with deflections like this crap?...... :eusa_whistle:

I'm trying to decide how much sheep feed to buy you.... :thup:

The sad thing is you don't know how truly ignorant you are. You really believe your opinions have merit when in fact they were formed not by facts and cognitive reflection, but by lapping up propaganda and repeating its themes ad nausea.

Maybe you can tell us why the DOJ isn't prosecuting anyone in the banking scandals.

The short story?

Those guys made the mess and knew how to clean it up.

Putting them in the klink would have been satisfying, but it would have closed down the Financial Sector.
So, it's the Republicans fault for not prosecuting and letting illegal activity go and to reward the Chase CEO, however it is prudent for the Democrats and the DOJ not to do anything.

So blame Republicans, give pass to the Democrats.

Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act - House Vote: On Passage | Campaign Contributions By Vote | MapLight - Money and Politics

Dodd?Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There's no need to blame Republicans, their efforts are duly noted in the links above. See how many voted to reform efforts to curtail the greed of Wall Street and how many did not.

Add in that Bush starved regulators of cash and brought down interest rates to zero to fuel a housing bubble.

And that's while cutting taxes on the rich and running up the national credit card.

That guy made such a mess, it's a no wonder conservatives rarely mention him.

How much has the national credit card been run up since Bush left? :eusa_whistle:

How much do you cheer the guy running it up currently? ..... :lol:

Who warned a bunch of ignorant, arrogant democrats about Fannie and Freddie? ......

Check the news.

Deficit's going down.

Swallow has another "if you like your plan you can keep it" moment. You need to get your terminology straight first, when you say "running up the national credit card", any idiot knows that's referring to debt. By the time Obama's two terms are up, he'll have reduced the debt from 9 trillion to 20 trillion..... :thup:

Now if you want to talk "budget deficit" everyone knows repubs had to drag your punk asses into the sequester kicking and screaming. Now you want to turn and claim deficit reduction. Then on top of that, frame it as Obama is not growing the debt an alarming pace. No wonder you assholes can't be trusted, see my sig line, it's referring to jizzum heads like you....... :thup:

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

Last edited:
And yet her Republican colleagues in the Senate voted down an extension of the minimum wage law.
Extension of the minimum wage law? That seems to be implying that the minimum was going to come to a end something I have not heard about.

What she is is a lying bitch who lied to 'game' the system at Harvard. She knew exactly what she was doing. When Harvard proudly told the world they had hired the "First Native American Indian" she was more than happy to let the lie continue.
That's the same sort of bullshit that Obama has been using his entire life to 'game' the system. Birds of a fucking feather.
That makes them liars IMO.

She 'gamed' the system to get into Harvard? She was one of the most qualified people, in many ways, to come to Harvard's doors at the time. Or did she game the system as an attempt to show solidarity for a people? Given her nature I would go for the second. While you ponder those most difficult questions I have another. Why is it that all of those people standing on corners waving Brown signs and doing the Ingin chop stop that literally overnight? Why is it only the most hard-core sheep keep spouting that talking point and everyone else shut up about it?
At least you have the moral integrity to admit, as you say, she "gamed" the system. Gold star! You then go on to prove what a fool you are by attempting to 'spin' her lie into "she did it to show solidarity for a people". For that bit of bullshit your Gold star is revoked. Wake up pal. So in your world it's OK to lie if you are doing it to further your agenda? Your mommy should have spanked that bit of LIB-pussy thinking out of you when your were four.

Indian giver.

And yet her Republican colleagues in the Senate voted down an extension of the minimum wage law.
Extension of the minimum wage law? That seems to be implying that the minimum was going to come to a end something I have not heard about.

I corrected the post to reflect an extension of Unemployment Insurance for long term unemployed. Please try to keep up.

Now, I've posted some data which reflects the known truth on the issue of Sen. Warren's Ancestry, and how the GOP is opposed to regulating 'wall street'*** and consumer protection is not their priority.

Most of this thread is little more than personal attacks on Sen. Warren, Democrats and me. The lessen is pretty simply, those on the right have no proof to support any of their allegations, but sure have lots of hate.

http://maplight.org/us-congress/bill/111-hr-4173/439074/contributions-by-vote

*** I use single quotes and lower case letters to reflect 'wall street' as the entire financial services industry and not the New York Stock Exchange.

Last edited:
Consumer protection.

Laughable.

A company is not responsible for the stupidity of people.

I corrected the post to reflect an extension of Unemployment Insurance for long term unemployed. Please try to keep up.
Try getting your facts straight before clicking submit reply and your OP still says minimum wage law you might consider correcting that as it is the first one people see.

Maybe you ought to put TARP into perspective:

Troubled Asset Relief Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Consider, Obama had been President for 60 days and the worlds economy was in crisis, a crisis only second to the Great Depression. And consider, there was no play book, no roadmap and TARP was signed into law by G. W. Bush.

When the vote was taken Obama had been in office for two years, and the R's had won a big victory in Nov 2010. By then they had spent two years rewriting history and blaming Obama for everything but the attack on Pearl Harbor. Hence, they didn't want the economy to recover, not until they returned to power and that was their entire focus and has been since they got badly beaten in the 2008 election.

None of which changes the fact that TARP happened because of D support.

Thanks for proving my point.

Of course it had Democratic support.

Democrats have no interest whatsoever in destroying America.

Well...

One, that doesn't change the fact that old Wry suggested TARP did NOT have Democrat support. I was simply pointing out his ignorance. Thanks for backing me up on that.

Two, if you take a look at our debt and unfunded liabilities which have most certainly been brought about by both parties, you'd see that your claim that the Dems don't want to destroy America is a steaming pile of shit lie.

They don't want to destroy America today. Future generations that will eventually feel the pain of this kind of debt? Fuck them.

Last edited:
A tool of the corporatist international banking elites (Elizabeth Warren,) criticizing a tool of the corporatist international banking elite (Wall Street.)

And surprised surprise, it has everyone at each others throats. Ah, they are perfect at what they do, aren't they?

masons2.jpg

Let me quote a small section from Article One, section eight. Though I just don't think statists really care, and Keynesian apologists will just make some excuses. The obtuse among you won't really understand the bearing upon this conversation.

Section 8: Powers of Congress
Enumerated powers

Main article: Enumerated powers

Congress's legislative powers are enumerated in Section Eight:

The Congress shall have power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common defence[note 1] and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish a uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current coin of the United States;

So who, honestly, is regulating the value of our currency and for whose benefit? The elites benefit or the working man's benefit? I submit to you that congress, the people's representatives no longer regulate the value of the currency. If they did, the value of the dollar would not have plummeted like this.

Those who are familiar with the dates of First Bank of the United States, the Second Bank of the United States, the Federal Reserve, and when Nixon unhinged the gold standard, will probably find this chart interesting.
WebDollarDropAndSupply.jpg

Let's just say, her whining is a distraction, and she'll never be a Ron Paul.

She 'gamed' the system to get into Harvard? She was one of the most qualified people, in many ways, to come to Harvard's doors at the time. Or did she game the system as an attempt to show solidarity for a people? Given her nature I would go for the second. While you ponder those most difficult questions I have another. Why is it that all of those people standing on corners waving Brown signs and doing the Ingin chop stop that literally overnight? Why is it only the most hard-core sheep keep spouting that talking point and everyone else shut up about it?
At least you have the moral integrity to admit, as you say, she "gamed" the system. Gold star! You then go on to prove what a fool you are by attempting to 'spin' her lie into "she did it to show solidarity for a people". For that bit of bullshit your Gold star is revoked. Wake up pal. So in your world it's OK to lie if you are doing it to further your agenda? Your mommy should have spanked that bit of LIB-pussy thinking out of you when your were four.

Indian giver.

I looked up that term just to see how it was defined. The sources I found have it incorrect. The term refers to when the white man would trade one hundred rifles for all of Oklahoma or something like that. The rifles would be rusty and bent. When the Indians figured out what was actually traded they would want to return the rifles and get their land back. They were called 'Indian givers' because the Indians had made a deal and then wanted to get back what they had given in the exchange. It is a term which is an insult to white people and brings up extreme pain in Native Americans.

Last edited:
Did Senator Warren say what she thought they could be paid or what they should be paid? In other words was she advocating for setting a ceiling on CEO salaries or was she making a statement about the corporate culture where incompetence is rewarded. Do you think incompetence should be rewarded? I trying to decide how big of a cake to buy you.

Hold your breath waiting for her to make a statement about corrupt liberal politics, you know, her own "profession"? Obviously idiots like Warren and you think incompetence should be rewarded, you both happily endorsed a known liar and incompetent Barack Obama. With that said, it's still none of her business what JP Morgan pays it's employees, it's her business to tell the truth about the ACA though, how about she starts there and stops with deflections like this crap?...... :eusa_whistle:

The sad thing is you don't know how truly ignorant you are. You really believe your opinions have merit when in fact they were formed not by facts and cognitive reflection, but by lapping up propaganda and repeating its themes ad nausea.

The salary of employees at a private company is none of Warren's business, that fact will not change no matter how much propaganda you spew or how many commies you worship..... :thup:

The salary of employees at a private company is none of Warren's business, that fact will not change no matter how much propaganda you spew or how many commies you worship..... :thup:

Is bailing out banks any of Warren's business?

A tool of the corporatist international banking elites (Elizabeth Warren,) criticizing a tool of the corporatist international banking elite (Wall Street.)

And surprised surprise, it has everyone at each others throats. Ah, they are perfect at what they do, aren't they?

masons2.jpg

Let me quote a small section from Article One, section eight. Though I just don't think statists really care, and Keynesian apologists will just make some excuses. The obtuse among you won't really understand the bearing upon this conversation.

Section 8: Powers of Congress
Enumerated powers

Main article: Enumerated powers

Congress's legislative powers are enumerated in Section Eight:

The Congress shall have power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common defence[note 1] and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish a uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current coin of the United States;

So who, honestly, is regulating the value of our currency and for whose benefit? The elites benefit or the working man's benefit? I submit to you that congress, the people's representatives no longer regulate the value of the currency. If they did, the value of the dollar would not have plummeted like this.

Those who are familiar with the dates of First Bank of the United States, the Second Bank of the United States, the Federal Reserve, and when Nixon unhinged the gold standard, will probably find this chart interesting.
WebDollarDropAndSupply.jpg

Let's just say, her whining is a distraction, and she'll never be a Ron Paul.

So, what I've read is a personal attack on Sen. Warren with an allegation she is, " A tool of the corporatist international banking elites" sans any proof. Do you have any idea of her background, education and experience? Without proof you've posted nothing but an effort to assassinae her character and that alone makes you incredulous.

Last edited:

Is bailing out banks any of Warren's business?

No, it's not the governments business to bail out any business.

Ouch, the RED SCARE. driveby seems stuck on stupid.

Forum List

Back