Elizabeth Warren's DNA test results point to Native American heritage

Ask a native american, i believe it does. Lol, liberals cannot do anything right. You elected a negro that was half white.
I believe Trump calling her "Pocahontas" was insulting to Native Americans no matter if she is able to join a tribe or not.
Lol
Na, not really
She has to be an Indian for it to be insulted...
So shut the fuck up

checking what box on her application for the Harvard job? Did she check a box on her application for the Harvard job or NOT?

I'll answer that for you, Warren DID NOT check any box on her application for the Harvard professor position she applied for....to indicate she should get native American preference.

PLEASE STOP with your bull crap Frankie....
Pocahontas is a fraud she has no credibility
how is she a fraud???

explain this thinking

if only the rethuglican MOB cared even 1/64th as much about all the FRAUD in teflon don's orbit, huh?

chief warren did nothing fraudulent yet the MOB has been in hysterics over this for years...

team teflon should APOLOGIZE for all the INSULTS to Native American citizens and unwarranted ATTACKS AND BULLYING of VERY FINE PEOPLE.
1/1024 is not American Indian
She insults all American Indians

You insult the idea ogf honesty.

Warren never said what percent she was. Quit lying.

Nice attempt at goalpost-moving, but unfortunately, her heartbreaking story about how her parents had to elope because of racism against her mother's "Native American" blood is on Youtube. Her mother, according to that test, is whiter than I am.

that's gonna leave a mark.
Yep, The test proves that she is even less of the ratio that most Caucasians in this country are...
But she has high cheekbones
Proves her original story as written in her book about having a distant Grandmother who was native American is credible due to scienrific evidence.
Most Caucasians in this country have a higher ratio then she has, the Loopy kunt has no credibility
You are a liar and sore loser. Stop whining and crying on a public forum. You lost, be a man and accept it.

Unfortunately for you, victory is not defined by your ability to say you won. Elizabeth Warren is not entitled to call herself "Native American" by any calculation used in this country.

Since her first race for Senate in 2012, Republicans have attacked Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) over her Native American heritage. After Warren said publicly that her family told her she was of Cherokee decent and she was identified by previous employers as such — though a Boston Globe investigation last month found it played no role in her professional success — Trump belittled her as “Pocahontas.” On Monday, Warren released DNA evidence that her family was right — but the Trump administration quickly rejected the science.

Meanwhile, then-Republican Sen. Scott Brown (then of Massachusetts, later of New Hampshire, and now Donald Trump’s ambassador to New Zealand and Samoa) ran an ad attacking the claim and later demanded Warren take a DNA test. She defeated him 53 percent to 46 as Bay State voters largely shrugged off the controversy.

But after Warren emerged as a prominent critic of Donald Trump, he revived the issue. He attacked Warren at political rallies and slurred her as “Pocahontas” at least 26 times between 2014 and 2017. He even went on a diatribe against her at a November 2017 White House event honoring Navajo code-breakers.

This July, Trump again returned to the attack, offering a $1 millionpersonal donation to Warren’s favorite charity if she took a DNA test and it confirmed her Cherokee ancestry. “I will give you a million dollars to your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test and it shows you’re an Indian [sic],” he announced.

On Monday, Warren called Trump’s bluff and released a genetic analysis done by Stanford University geneticist Carlos Bustamante. “The facts suggest that you absolutely have a Native American ancestor in your pedigree,” the Ancestry.com and 23andMe adviser told the Massachusetts Democrat.

Still, the Trump administration responded in line with how it has approached most climate matters for the past two years: dismissing the science.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything.

All I'm doing is posting truths then watching the conservatives have melt downs, keep lying or come up with stupid excuses.

It's good for comic relief but sad to see so many Americans so full of hate and ignorance.

We saw lots of hate and ignorance during the Kavanaugh hearings. What we didn't see is people who check the box for Advantage without being qualified to do so. It's not the white Americans you have to worry about it will be the Indian Nation who will be standing at every campaign stop she makes with protest signs and now more than ever that she foolishly handed them the proof.

Jo
Oh? Why would the Indian Nation protest her now since she now has evidence of Natuve American Indian in her heritage?
lol That was 10 generations back. That's such a stupid claim she should be tested for Neanderthal DNA.

Obviously you have no clue on DNA testing. 23&Me does report on what percentage of Neanderthal one carries. And my research went back in my family history 12 + or - generations to the 1500's.
Obviously, you have no idea what DNA testing can show.

Several direct-to-consumer genetic testing companies report how much DNA a person has inherited from prehistoric humans, such as Neanderthals and Denisovans. This information is generally reported as a percentage that suggests how much DNA an individual has inherited from these ancestors. The percentage of Neanderthal DNA in modern humans is zero or close to zero in people from African populations, and is about 1 to 2 percent in people of European or Asian background. The percentage of Denisovan DNA is highest in the Melanesian population (4 to 6 percent), lower in other Southeast Asian and Pacific Islander populations, and very low or undetectable elsewhere in the world.

What does it mean to have Neanderthal or Denisovan DNA?

Your point is not proved in your link, and I have had my DNA researched by 32&Me and Ancestry.com. I did not make any comments nor did I do any exploration on the issue of Neanderthals, though I recall 232&Me reported out percentages much greater than what you source and you suggest.

From 23&Me:

"For many years, scientists were limited to scraping together clues from fragments of bones and other materials to discover who we are and where we come from. New techniques have allowed scientists to look even closer at DNA hidden within those bones. While the full picture of our past is still emerging, it is clear that as early as 50,000 years ago there were at least three different types of humans. Although only one of these groups (so-called "anatomically-modern humans") survived, we now know that they interbred with the other groups, including Neanderthals, along the way.

"23andMe customers with Neanderthal variants have a direct Neanderthal ancestor—a grandparent to the 2,000th degree. What that means is still uncertain, but it's fascinating to think that we may have inherited some of our traits and behaviors"

Your link is 4 to 5 years old, my quotes above were copied today, but no date for their report was included.

Elizabeth Warren has taken a DNA test.

The results show she wasn't lying.

trump and the republicans have been lying all this time.

The truth is that most American families that have been here for a long time have Native American Indian somewhere in the past in their families.

I do. Like Warren it was a long family story that many generations back someone married a Cherokee woman. I never believed it until I took a DNA test. There it was. Just like Warren, a very small part of my DNA has Native American Indian. Just like the family story, it's very small which means it's many generations back.

Just like most Americans.

So go ahead and call her names. You're only showing your hate and ignorance.

She really is pulling out all the stops to try and get this monkey off her back.
No...she's raising money for a charity of her choice...$1 Million I believe was the pledge.
*IF* she could *PROVE* during the debates she was.

she didn't.

she still hasn't with this test.
Want to be $2 million dollars?
Of course not.
No matter what she does they'll find a reason to reject the results.
"Oh sure...she drove to the testing clinic in a Prius...obviously a Liberal vehicle...the tests are bogus"

I wonder if it was rape, or accident, or marrage, or slave. The ME/To bunch might fit in.

th
th

The way she looks now....had to be RAPE ... and the Native American gene definitely got watered down...if not out completely! :p
Jesus H, you've been at it all day again since early this morning. You better take a break Tinkerbell or you're gonna blow a fuse.

Yep, The test proves that she is even less of the ratio that most Caucasians in this country are...
Proves her original story as written in her book about having a distant Grandmother who was native American is credible due to scienrific evidence.
Most Caucasians in this country have a higher ratio then she has, the Loopy kunt has no credibility
You are a liar and sore loser. Stop whining and crying on a public forum. You lost, be a man and accept it.

Unfortunately for you, victory is not defined by your ability to say you won. Elizabeth Warren is not entitled to call herself "Native American" by any calculation used in this country.
Why do you hate science so much?

The truth is that most American families that have been here for a long time have Native American Indian somewhere in the past in their families.

I do. Like Warren it was a long family story that many generations back someone married a Cherokee woman. I never believed it until I took a DNA test. There it was. Just like Warren, a very small part of my DNA has Native American Indian. Just like the family story, it's very small which means it's many generations back.

Sorry to burst your bubble but if we go 6 to 10 Generations back nearly half of The Americans on this continent will come up with the same results.

She actually did herself more harm than good with this test.

Jo
Where did you get that "statistic" from? I don't actually believe it. I've seen lots of those results and Native American is not as common as European and Asian.

https://www.cell.com/ajhg/fulltext/S0002-9297(14)00476-5#secsectitle0135

Most people whose families have been in North America any length of time contain traces of a variety of races and ethnicities. Your average American who claims European descent actually is about .18% Native American, although that obviously fluctuates according to where the family is from. Melting pot, remember?

Indeed. That's why this identity politics b'loney is such...b'loney.

How in the hell did this country loop around back to the "just one drop" attitudes of Jim Crow? I feel like I just woke up in some Bizarro World 1950.

She really is pulling out all the stops to try and get this monkey off her back.
No...she's raising money for a charity of her choice...$1 Million I believe was the pledge.

she didn't.

Of course not.
"Oh sure...she drove to the testing clinic in a Prius...obviously a Liberal vehicle...the tests are bogus"
go to a DNA testing facility and do the test. end of story.

but using her own test she fails miserably as the average european has twice the DNA for native american than she does.

but - no matter what the results say, you're going to say she's indian cause you just want to.

I'm 1/4 degree blood quantum and I also had to prove my lineage. My playground growing up was the Cherokee National Forest. It's a beautiful place. Cherokee Nation here...

It is NOT a quick task to prove your tribe.
Yep, They would run the loopy kunt right out of the TEpeeif she tried

she didn't.

Of course not.
The charity should probably not hold its breath for the $1 million. But at the very least, Warren has debunked yet another one of Trump’s thousands of false claims.

There are ZERO evidence that she has an Indian Ancestor back to the early 1800's

Her Genealogy records back to early 1800's shows ZERO evidence of an Indian Ancestor, plus she isn't recognized as a Cherokee by the Indian nations, thus NOT an Indian at all.

Elizabeth Warren's Ancestry - Part 1

Elizabeth Warren's Ancestry - Part 2

"Now we are seeing a very clear pattern develop. We are back to the great great grandparent generation, and Ms. Warren's ancestors are still only being found as white in the documents. On the other hand, Chief Baker's ancestors are found as Cherokee Indians. And notice that even though Sarah Harlin was born in 1834 and Indian, there are plenty of records to document both her existence and the fact she was Cherokee. We have 6 sources for her and all verify she is Cherokee even though many people wrongly assume records are harder to find if your ancestor was Indian/Cherokee.

Since the forced removal of the Cherokees was in 1838, we have gotten back to that time with both families. Preston H. Crawford was born approximately fourteen years before the forced removal and Sarah Harlin was born about four years before the removal.

The Crawford family was always listed as white in the records and remained in the east after the forced removal of the Cherokees. The Harlin family was always living among Cherokees and always listed as Indians. These two families are clearly found listed differently in the records.

In Elizabeth Warren's family, we have gotten to approximately 1824, fourteen years prior to the removal of the Cherokees from the east and there is no indication of Indian blood or association with the Cherokees through her Crawford line, the line she claims to be Cherokee through. That means we have gone back about 188 years and still not found a Cherokee. "
That is inconclusive, it only accounts for one great-grandfather, with very little information about his wife, and none about the other six great-grandparents. That blog also has links to Breitbart and similar sites.

I'll post it later, but, at best her DNA allegedly shows she has American Indian DNA 6 TO 10 GENERATIONS AGO! She has no business passing herself off as American Indian!
Bullshit. And Trump owes her $1 million dollars.

Alert the media. President Donald Trump has lied again.

Trump denied making a statement that he did, in fact, make -- despite knowing there is documentation to the contrary.

Trump denies that he ever said he’d donate $1 million to charity if she took a DNA test and it showed she had Native American ancestry.

The quote: “I will give you a million dollars to your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test and it shows you’re an Indian”

Why didn't she do Ancestry or 23 and me? Why a private lab? Trump should make her go to a lab and make sure she provides the sample

Not sure if you know it but the Ayers aka weather hero Underground fucked up Venzuela

she didn't.

Of course not.

but using her own test she fails miserably as the average european has twice the DNA for native american than she does.

but - no matter what the results say, you're going to say she's indian cause you just want to.
Trump is the Chief Liar here not Ms. Warren.

So, this was a real deep dive into her DNA. I imagine that the normal test showed 0% Indian DNA, so they had to do the deep dive to find a trace or possible Indian DNA 10 generations ago.

she didn't.

Of course not.

Why would I say she's an Indian?
She never has.

No. She paid some Stanford liberal to find she may be 1.56% Indian. LOL! What a FRAUD!

The test result page does say that the person working on the sample did not know the identity of the sample donor at the time the work was done. Absent any proof otherwise, I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

However, if you read all the way down to the bottom of the report, you find this interesting segment: "For Native American references, we used sample within the 1000 Genomes project of Native American ancestry; these samples come from Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. (It is not possible to use Native American reference sequences from inside the United States, since Native American groups within the US have not chosen to participate to participate in recent population genetics studies.)"

So she had her DNA tested to prove her tale of Native American ancestry - which has always focused on US Native Americans - by a group whose reference samples don't actually include any US Native Americans.

And at that, her claim to "Native American" is actually about half what your average white American can claim. Hell, I'M more Native American than she is, and you don't see ME going to around claiming to be one. You certainly don't hear me telling tall tales about how "my parents had to elope to escape racism because my mother was Native American" or asking my employers to list me as Native American ethnicity.

What about this story?

Or this one?

During her academic career as a law professor, she had her ethnicity changed from white to Native American at the University of Pennsylvania Law School, where she taught from 1987 to 1995, and at Harvard University Law School, where she was a tenured faculty member starting in 1995. (She was a visiting professor at Harvard during the 1992-1993 academic year.)

Elizabeth Warren releases results of DNA test on Native American ancesty - The Boston Globe

Her ethnicity is no more "Native American" than is the vast majority of white people in this country, or even a large percentage of black people in this country. She's actually LESS Native American than most of us, if you're not the Boston Globe and carefully talking only about white people in Utah.

No. She paid some Stanford liberal to find she may be 1.56% Indian. LOL! What a FRAUD!

The test result page does say that the person working on the sample did not know the identity of the sample donor at the time the work was done. Absent any proof otherwise, I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

However, if you read all the way down to the bottom of the report, you find this interesting segment: "For Native American references, we used sample within the 1000 Genomes project of Native American ancestry; these samples come from Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. (It is not possible to use Native American reference sequences from inside the United States, since Native American groups within the US have not chosen to participate to participate in recent population genetics studies.)"

So she had her DNA tested to prove her tale of Native American ancestry - which has always focused on US Native Americans - by a group whose reference samples don't actually include any US Native Americans.

And at that, her claim to "Native American" is actually about half what your average white American can claim. Hell, I'M more Native American than she is, and you don't see ME going to around claiming to be one. You certainly don't hear me telling tall tales about how "my parents had to elope to escape racism because my mother was Native American" or asking my employers to list me as Native American ethnicity.

What about this story?

Or this one?

During her academic career as a law professor, she had her ethnicity changed from white to Native American at the University of Pennsylvania Law School, where she taught from 1987 to 1995, and at Harvard University Law School, where she was a tenured faculty member starting in 1995. (She was a visiting professor at Harvard during the 1992-1993 academic year.)

Elizabeth Warren releases results of DNA test on Native American ancesty - The Boston Globe

Her ethnicity is no more "Native American" than is the vast majority of white people in this country, or even a large percentage of black people in this country. She's actually LESS Native American than most of us, if you're not the Boston Globe and carefully talking only about white people in Utah.

The elopement story is bogus since the event in question was clearly a depression era marriage:

When Is An Elopement Not An Elopement?

Elizabeth's mother LIED about her wedding (the one she was supposed to elope for) which is very revealing.

Elizabeth Warren's Mother Lied

Elizabeth Warren and her mother LIED about the same wedding event.

Forum List

Back