Emmett till accuser dies today

Now today with people like yourself and Democrats trying to push this false narrative that American history was “evil and racist” without talking about world history, that’s a bad narrative it doesn’t get anyone any help, it doesn’t give us good jobs it creates distrust in America, it creates anger it does nothing good. It is a net negative.

Systematic racism is part of our history. They did it too is not a defense.
America embraced slavery and lost 600,000 lives resolving the issue. No other nation can say the same.
Even after ending slavery, we set up a system of second class citizenship that was legally enforced along with outright terrorism to keep blacks in their place
Emmet Till is part of that legacy. The men that tortured and killed him were quickly acquitted

What is all the phony outrage about?

In the 1950’s, a black kid makes lewd comments and grabs a white woman. People were outraged and rightfully so. The men went too far in what they did perhaps, but that is not the fault of the woman. All she did was report it. Was she supposed to stay silent? What happened to must believe all women? There is zero proof she lied about the incident. The men who were accused of killing Till were acquitted of the charges by a jury. Even the attempt to charge her later on never made it past a grand jury it was so absurd.

Till was just born in the wrong times. He could easily assault and rape white women in this day and age. He’d be praised for it.
The racist white woman would be canceled for refusing.

I’m an Independent and while I care about the world, I don’t use that as an excuse to not acknowledge or try to right the wrongs in my own country because that’s where you need to start.

I agree on the first few points but not on the last. “Most free and liberal” for whom? Not Emmett Till. Many Black singers, musicians, artists etc. went to France because they could not get a venue here. Was France more free and liberal? Certainly for them.

What you are essentially saying is other countries do bad things too and that’s a reason we should disregard it here. I don’t agree.

I thought you said you were a Democrat?

All of what I said this is relevant including the fact that black Africans sold black slaves to white slave masters.

Even more relevant that in the USA the black middle-class was stronger in the middle 20th century as was the white middle-class. And that was during the so-called times of this “extreme racism” that many Americans on the left would wrongly say occurred in American history.

I am pointing out your commit is wrong. America didn’t have a racist or imperial evil history. It had a history that was on course for the entire world… slavery was accepted by many Christians , the Bible was pointed to as why slavery was kept up. Jews argued that there should be slavery because it said so in the Torah. There were those in the American Civil War many Christians who pointed to the gospels and said that’s why there should be no slavery

You brought up black musicians having to go to France it is all the more of a great example of a country that was built on warfare in constant battles with England throughout history, that’s the history of France. And France and America were allies in the American revolution the very war that helped to make our country.

The French were criticized for their conduct in the Algerian War of independence by the way…. does that mean we should constantly talk about the bad parts of French history?

So I think your direction is bad for America and dangerous and it certainly does nothing for a good job in this country…. having teachers lecture American kids about how evil America was when most Americans of the past were not racist. In American history it was the elites probably that would be the same people that are on the far left today that were the most racist. Elite white people who did view blacks as inferior but of course that did not represent the American population all throughout our entire history my friend. Many white Americans would have definitely welcome the black baseball player in the 1920s and 1930s there was actually two black brothers who played on a major league roster in The 19th century … decades before Jackie Robinson. But it was the CEOs that had made that decision it was the leader ship class if you will they made that decision to exclude black baseball players from the mlb …. that is not a representation of the average white man’s opinion that’s for sure it’s a representation of the corporate elite of the time.

On the other hand Henry Ford one of the most elite rich Americans to ever live believed in equality between Black people and white people which would explain that Ford motor company had a very high black employment rate in it’s history.

Slavery was still going on in Ethiopia in the 1920s by the way over 60 years after it had ended in America.

My grandfather grew up in the 1950s had had a black boss at his steel plant… if young kids especially young black kids are brought up in America to believe America had a racist history that made things horrible for Black people that will lead young Black people to go on criminal rampages like we have seen in Chicago and in many major cities where they form flash mobs and terrorize communities causing physical pain to many people.

The black middle-class in America was perhaps stronger than every black middle-class in all of Africa and South America in the middle of the 20th century. That argument supports everything that I’ve been saying which is simply in line with American patriotism and respecting history have a mutual respect for white people, for Indians and for Black people. I don’t know if you have that for white people I think you might but you’re only talking about the bad things whites have done …not good things. You’re not talking about the fact that Black people owned slaves and sold slaves to white slave masters.

Last edited:
You "know" that how?

Not condoning his murder, but as far as I know, SHE did nothing wrong.
She did nothing wrong?
:slap:

She made up a lie that a black boy made advances to her
She told her husband he needed to defend her honor
She stood by as her husband and friends went out, abducted, tortured and killed a child

She did nothing wrong?
:slap:

She made up a lie that a black boy made advances to her
She told her husband he needed to defend her honor
She stood by as her husband and friends went out, abducted, tortured and killed a child
I don't know that there is any truth to any of your claims.

Is there any other 70 year old crime that occupies your mind?

was accepted by many Christians , the Bible was pointed to as why slavery was kept up. Jews argued that there should be slavery because it said so in the Torah. There were those in the American Civil War many Christians who pointed to the gospels and said that’s why there should be no slavery
No. It was CHRISTIANS who led the fight to end slavery.

I'm just adding an interesting fact to the thread, and it in no way meant as an indictment of Emmet Till, as this has nothing to do with Emmit Till.

There were 96 soldiers convicted of rape and murder who were sentenced to death and had these sentences not commuted. One of those executed was Louis Till, who along with Fred McMurray, committed two rapes and one murder of a pregnant woman, Anna Zanchi, in her home northwest of Rome in a coastal city named Civitavecchia.

Till ended up beating a Navy sailor and stole his .45, trying to shoot him only see to the weapon jam and the sailor escape. This was in July of 1944. On July 2nd, 1945, McMurray was hanged. On July 11, 1945, Till has hanged.

I'm just adding an interesting fact to the thread, and it in no way meant as an indictment of Emmet Till, as this has nothing to do with Emmit Till.

There were 96 soldiers convicted of rape and murder who were sentenced to death and had these sentences not commuted. One of those executed was Louis Till, who along with Fred McMurray, committed two rapes and one murder of a pregnant woman, Anna Zanchi, in her home northwest of Rome in a coastal city named Civitavecchia.

Till ended up beating a Navy sailor and stole his .45, trying to shoot him only see to the weapon jam and the sailor escape. This was in July of 1944. On July 2nd, 1945, McMurray was hanged. On July 11, 1945, Till has hanged.

Yep, if you ask me, Emmitt got what he deserved. Emmet Till’s father, was found guilty of raping two Italian women and murdering one of them in 1944. The Army hanged him for it. Seems like a sexual assault trait was passed down from the father to the son.

Yep, if you ask me, Emmitt got what he deserved. Emmet Till’s father, was found guilty of raping two Italian women and murdering one of them in 1944. The Army hanged him for it. Seems like a sexual assault trait was passed down from the father to the son.

What part of the actual story do you not understand? The woman made up her accusations.

Emmitt Till did not do one thing to that woman. There was no sexual assault. There was no whistling.

Because they supported blacks?

That, as well as because they were Catholics or Jews most times.

What, are you actually surprised by that?

Are you not even aware of things like "Mississippi Burning", a movie based on the real life 1961 murders of Andrew Goodman, Michael Schwerner, and James Chaney?

The 1999 Reseda Jewish Daycare Shooting? Where Buford Furrow attacked a preschool for Jewish families, killing 1 and wounding 5 others?

Or ironically, the late husband of Mr. Furrow's girlfriend. Who created a group he called "The Order" from a racist book (the same one that inspired Tim McVeigh), and in addition to a string of armored car robberies assassinated radio host Alan Berg in 1984.

And those are just the ones that came immediately to mind. Of course, I also consider the entire Oklahoma City bombing to have been racially motivated. You can't tell me that somebody that not only sold "The Turner Diaries" and conducted an attack that killed 168 people based upon that book was not a racist.

Forum List

Back