Ending health insurance for 13 million to pay for tax cuts for the wealthy?

SPENDING in excess of revenue causes deficits.

That is the only thing that causes deficits.

You and I agree here. But first you said the. Following with which I do not agree.

And it is the SPENDING that causes the deficits.

Since you obviously missed my red highlighted narrative preceding your strange admonishment, here it is again:

Spending more money than you take in causes a deficit. The first 7 words in that sentence is crucial to understanding what causes decicits. Spending is fine as long as you don't spend more than you are taking in.
You can spend until you are blue in the face; and you'll never see a deficit as long as incoming revenue covers it.

You and I agree here. But first you said the. Following with which I do not agree.

Since you obviously missed my red highlighted narrative preceding your strange admonishment, here it is again:

Spending more money than you take in causes a deficit. The first 7 words in that sentence is crucial to understanding what causes decicits. Spending is fine as long as you don't spend more than you are taking in.
You can spend until you are blue in the face; and you'll never see a deficit as long as incoming revenue covers it.

The mortgage industry is calling on line two...

That is not the way it works in Trumpland. Even if it did work that way, everything turns out alright, because Trump declares bankruptcy, and the courts work out a settlement with the debtors, in which they have to take a reduced settlement, then the deficit disappears.

Not necessarily...there are countries that have a system that covers everyone, but there are private options for those that can afford it.

But my point is that's not single payer...single payer means one payer.....
But why do they have private options, what is the point for that?
Because people who can afford it ought to be allowed to choise other care if they want. Ok not single payer but coverage for everyone.

Ok, so universal coverage....to you it may be a small detail, but it's an important distinction......we have medicare and Medicaid.....and private options......so I'm not sure what the issue is. I'm for universal coverage, but I am not for forcing it on them. If they don't want it, they don't have to take it.

If they don't want it they end up pushing their costs onto us. They don't have to see a doctor, that is their choice but they need the means to cover it when they do imo.
See this is where we have a fundamental difference

Ah so you agree, insurance and affordability isn't the real issue. it's the some people don't want it....That's the crux. and because we have to treat them even if they don't have insurance it does drive up costs.
Do you know how to increase coverage without mandates? Without forcing people by law?

Really simple, make it so people can be turned away without insurance......then a few people will try and test it, they will be turned away and the rest will sign up fast.....

voila.....it's about choice, but showing people choices have consequences.........let them do what they want, but don't let them off the hook.
This is not a good solution for the self described best and richest country in the world. But I do suspect it to be the secret plan of many conservative politicians. I sometimes wonder why they don't advertise it more.

The working poor don't have the immediate luxury of covering all of their needs so they make sacrifices based on risk and priority. It might not be the case if more employers offered cheap health care coverage in this tier of jobs.

We should take the most agreeable approach to covering near everyone. It's not just a moral argument. A healthy workforce would be a boon to our economy and a huge savings on the federal entitlements. If from young adulthood, we encouraged and improved the relationship people had with their health care provider, we could prevent a host of chronic conditions and dependencies. This would also require improved health education and I think also some pressure on the products that hurt our health.

That is not the way it works in Trumpland. Even if it did work that way, everything turns out alright, because Trump declares bankruptcy, and the courts work out a settlement with the debtors, in which they have to take a reduced settlement, then the deficit disappears.
I wasn't talking about Trump's personal spending.

I wasn't talking about Trump's personal spending.

I know you wern't. I am just talking about his conception of economics.

This is yet another example of how pathetic the Republican Party has become. Trump was already this pathetic.

Ending the mandate will cause 13 million to no longer be insured. The Republicans will save the money that would be spent on health insurance subsidies. Where do they think these people will get healthcare? Using the system without paying. More children on CHIP ( If Republicans decide to renew it at current levels). Who pays for that? We do.

Trump & the Republicans want to save money by reducing the number signing up for health insurance on the exchanges.

Chickenfuck Trump cut the enrollment period & reduced the outreach to help people get insurance. The same practice these pathetic assholes use to depress the vote.

Republicans keep to their traditions: Keep handing rich people & corporations money & making the middle class pay for it.

Ryan said SS, Medicare & Medicaid is next. After adding a trillion to the deficit, they will cry about debt & blame it on these programs.

The fact is that Republicans suck big slimy moose dick.,
:CryingCow:

:fu:

If the OP wasn't bad enough... this might even be sicker.
Disgusting!

IMG_0643.JPG

/——-/ Out of the 500 businesses that Trump owns, how many went Chapter 11 and what is his success rate? I’ll give you time to check your notes and do the math.
500 business
Organization. The Trump Organization is the collective name of approximately 500 business entities of which Donald Trump is the sole or principal owner.

But my point is that's not single payer...single payer means one payer.....
But why do they have private options, what is the point for that?
Because people who can afford it ought to be allowed to choise other care if they want. Ok not single payer but coverage for everyone.

Ok, so universal coverage....to you it may be a small detail, but it's an important distinction......we have medicare and Medicaid.....and private options......so I'm not sure what the issue is. I'm for universal coverage, but I am not for forcing it on them. If they don't want it, they don't have to take it.

If they don't want it they end up pushing their costs onto us. They don't have to see a doctor, that is their choice but they need the means to cover it when they do imo.

Ah so you agree, insurance and affordability isn't the real issue. it's the some people don't want it....That's the crux. and because we have to treat them even if they don't have insurance it does drive up costs.
Do you know how to increase coverage without mandates? Without forcing people by law?

Really simple, make it so people can be turned away without insurance......then a few people will try and test it, they will be turned away and the rest will sign up fast.....

voila.....it's about choice, but showing people choices have consequences.........let them do what they want, but don't let them off the hook.
This is not a good solution for the self described best and richest country in the world. But I do suspect it to be the secret plan of many conservative politicians. I sometimes wonder why they don't advertise it more.

The working poor don't have the immediate luxury of covering all of their needs so they make sacrifices based on risk and priority. It might not be the case if more employers offered cheap health care coverage in this tier of jobs.

We should take the most agreeable approach to covering near everyone. It's not just a moral argument. A healthy workforce would be a boon to our economy and a huge savings on the federal entitlements. If from young adulthood, we encouraged and improved the relationship people had with their health care provider, we could prevent a host of chronic conditions and dependencies. This would also require improved health education and I think also some pressure on the products that hurt our health.
/----/ "so they make sacrifices based on risk and priority." Actually the main reason they are poor is that they make bad money decisions often based on instant gratification and not priority.

This is yet another example of how pathetic the Republican Party has become. Trump was already this pathetic.

Ending the mandate will cause 13 million to no longer be insured. The Republicans will save the money that would be spent on health insurance subsidies. Where do they think these people will get healthcare? Using the system without paying. More children on CHIP ( If Republicans decide to renew it at current levels). Who pays for that? We do.

Trump & the Republicans want to save money by reducing the number signing up for health insurance on the exchanges.

Chickenfuck Trump cut the enrollment period & reduced the outreach to help people get insurance. The same practice these pathetic assholes use to depress the vote.

Republicans keep to their traditions: Keep handing rich people & corporations money & making the middle class pay for it.

Ryan said SS, Medicare & Medicaid is next. After adding a trillion to the deficit, they will cry about debt & blame it on these programs.

/----/ Allowing people to keep more of their own money has nothing to do with the failure known as Obozocare.

/----/ "so they make sacrifices based on risk and priority." Actually the main reason they are poor is that they make bad money decisions often based on instant gratification and not priority.
I did not attempt to explain how they have become working poor, so your "actually" comment looks pretty dumb right about now. Are you projecting your 3rd hand assumptions onto me?

My loose definition of working poor is a working person that cannot afford to pay for all of their(family's) basic needs, has no savings for emergency, and/or is in unmanageable debt. You can write these people off as hard, fast, and happily as you'd like but they exist in a not insignificant number and are surely being mischaracterized by more of the fun 3rd hand assumptions.

/----/ Allowing people to keep more of their own money has nothing to do with the failure known as Obozocare.
Congress is delegated the power tax, to provide for the general welfare. Healthcare provides for the general welfare. It is up to Congress, to come up with something that works.

Congress is delegated the power tax, to provide for the general welfare. Healthcare provides for the general welfare. It is up to Congress, to come up with something that works.
/----/ That's just your wishful and lopsided thinking

Why do you believe it doesn't benefit our general welfare?

/——-/ Look at the disaster at the VA, the government can’t do anything well. The private sector ran healthcare for 100 years just fine until politicians saw it as a means to build their power base. Now it’s a mess.

/——-/ Look at the disaster at the VA, the government can’t do anything well. The private sector ran healthcare for 100 years just fine until politicians saw it as a means to build their power base. Now it’s a mess.

...and yet, my Medicare is about as good a health care plan that I have ever had, and I spent my career as a health insurance executive. Imagine that........

How many people had access to healthcare for the last one hundred years, and why?

Group health insurance started during the WW2 years as a way for industry to attract employees during the war years wage freeze. In short, health insurance began in my lifetime, and has all but failed within my lifetime. Medicare began in 1966 and has been a complete success for beneficiaries, even when Baby Bush added RX to it, which increased claims by about 6%, without his increasing premiums. In fact, in 2018, benefits were significantly increased in other areas as well. A major reason for the success of Medicare is due to the government opening up a market to private insurers for Medicare members in the private Medicare Advantage plans. making Medicare available and mandatory for all ages would be incredibly easy, and successful, but the RIGHT will have nothing to do with that, because they are convinced that your medicare doctor will make you drink fluoridated water, or something.

Forum List

Back