Entire county clerk office resigns over SSM

They have to misrepresent facts. Otherwise, upon what would they base their bigotry?

ROFLMNAO!

The coolest thing about the word "Bigotry" is that the use of the word is a classic demonstration of "intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself".
The definition is "extreme" intolerance. And I am not intolerant of your beliefs or those of the clerks. They did the right thing in resigning. Had they remained and refused to provide marriage license, they would have been the intolerant ones. They would have been the ones demanding that others adhere to their beliefs.
it may be just me, but I think if they would have remaind and refused to provide marriage license for "ssm" They would been fired

Last edited:
They have to misrepresent facts. Otherwise, upon what would they base their bigotry?

ROFLMNAO!

The coolest thing about the word "Bigotry" is that the use of the word is a classic demonstration of "intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself".
The definition is "extreme" intolerance. And I am not intolerant of your beliefs or those of the clerks. They did the right thing in resigning. Had they remained and refused to provide marriage license, they would have been the intolerant ones. They would have been the ones demanding that others adhere to their beliefs.
it may be just me, but I think if they would have remaind and refused to provide marriage license for "ssm" Theywould benn fired
Certainly should have been fired.

Or be part of the perversion.

I support Gay marriage. I see no big perversion either.

So support it, I don't and it is perversion, unnatural and abnormal.

Some heterosexual couples that are married join swing clubs or S&M clubs and some even claim to be religious, are they perverted and unnatural in what they do at those clubs?

Stupid people don't understand that constitutional right doesn't mean "not icky"

A "Constitutional Right", is one wherein protections for the means to exercise the right are enumerated in the Constitution.

There is no Constitutional Right to promote degeneracy... but that's only because the Framers of the US Constitution were not idiots, thus recognized what DEGENERACY is and given that the purpose of the Constitution is the antithesis of Degeneracy... they went the other way. Now part and parcel of the evidence of that, is the priority that they gave the free exercise of Religion. Which if you're keeping score... you will note that priority they placed on The Free Exercise of Religion... is

The right to equal protection is enumerated. The right to "liberty" is enumerated.

ROFLMNAO!

"Their Beliefs", which is less a belief and more a recognition of the obvious; thus the self-evident facts relevant to Nature's design of Humanity, which they believe is a demonstration of God's will.

That they believe that nature's design is God's will, does not discredit nature's design... or provide a justification for someone else to 'NOT BELIEVE IN' the obvious, self-evident facts intrinsic to nature's design of humanity and the critical nature that recognition of, respect for, and adhere to such plays in sustaining the viability of humanity.

I support Gay marriage. I see no big perversion either.

Some heterosexual couples that are married join swing clubs or S&M clubs and some even claim to be religious, are they perverted and unnatural in what they do at those clubs?

Stupid people don't understand that constitutional right doesn't mean "not icky"

A "Constitutional Right", is one wherein protections for the means to exercise the right are enumerated in the Constitution.

There is no Constitutional Right to promote degeneracy... but that's only because the Framers of the US Constitution were not idiots, thus recognized what DEGENERACY is and given that the purpose of the Constitution is the antithesis of Degeneracy... they went the other way. Now part and parcel of the evidence of that, is the priority that they gave the free exercise of Religion. Which if you're keeping score... you will note that priority they placed on The Free Exercise of Religion... is

The right to equal protection is enumerated. The right to "liberty" is enumerated.

Yes... and the natural LAWS of liberty establish responsibilities upon every individual to not exercise their rights to the detriment of the means of others to exercise their own rights.

It is the right of every individual to live in a sustainable culture... thus it is the responsibility of every individual to not behave in such a way that undermines individual, thus by extension collective viability.

Degeneracy undermines individual viability and by extension, degeneracy undermines collective viability... therefore there is no POTENTIAL for a right to promote Degeneracy.

Does it ennumerate just gay sex practitioners? Or does it include other kinks like polygamy and incest? And if not, why not? Why just gay sex as the Court's pet favorite?

Who is more important in marriage: 1. Adults or 2. The children that are formed there? And who decides between 1. or 2. ? What part of the Constitution did the Court interpret that children should not be considered in any decision about who may marry? Or, rather, what part of the Constitution says that the majority may not consent on such a vital institution as marriage where such a consent is set to drastically alter the future generations of children/society raised under the notion that "a father isn't vital/important" or "a mother isn't vital/important"? What part of the Constitution allows the Court to remove such a debate from the People, and instead decree what is essentially a royal-mandate on just some (but not all) of their favorite deviant sex behaviors?

Where has the authority now been placed to decide polygamy and incest marriage lawsuits? With the Governed or the Court?

This is taking a stance in your beliefs.

ENTIRE COUNTY CLERK OFFICE RESIGNS OVER SAME-SEX MARRIAGE

No same-sex marriage licenses are being issued in Decatur County, Tennessee, because the entire county clerk’s office has resigned following the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision that legalized same-sex marriage nationwide.

Decatur County Clerk Gwen Pope explained her decision to quit her elected post. “It’s for the glory of God. He’s going to get all the glory,” she told WBIR.

Pope asserted she would rather resign than submit to issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples. She and her two staff members, Sharon Bell and Mickey Butler, have all quit for the same reason. Their last day of work is July 14.

The TV station indicates the phone in the Decatur County Clerk Office “rang nonstop” as “[o]ver and over again, people praised the decision of the three workers who have decided to step down from their positions rather than hand out same-sex marriage licenses.”

Entire County Clerk Office Resigns Over Same-Sex Marriage - Breitbart
There will be plenty of people who will gladly take their jobs. Good luck to them finding a new one, especially now that their bias is becoming so well-known.

No same-sex marriage licenses are being issued in Decatur County, Tennessee, because the entire county clerk’s office has resigned following the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision that legalized same-sex marriage nationwide.

Decatur County Clerk Gwen Pope explained her decision to quit her elected post. “It’s for the glory of God. He’s going to get all the glory,” she told WBIR.

Pope asserted she would rather resign than submit to issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples. She and her two staff members, Sharon Bell and Mickey Butler, have all quit for the same reason. Their last day of work is July 14.

The TV station indicates the phone in the Decatur County Clerk Office “rang nonstop” as “[o]ver and over again, people praised the decision of the three workers who have decided to step down from their positions rather than hand out same-sex marriage licenses.”

There will be plenty of people who will gladly take their jobs. Good luck to them finding a new one, especially now that their bias is becoming so well-known.

You mistake bias for beliefs

That's fine....fair winds and following seas to them in their new endeavors.

Yes... and the natural LAWS of liberty establish responsibilities upon every individual to not exercise their rights to the detriment of the means of others to exercise their own rights.

It is the right of every individual to live in a sustainable culture... thus it is the responsibility of every individual to not behave in such a way that undermines individual, thus by extension collective viability.

Degeneracy undermines individual viability and by extension, degeneracy undermines collective viability... therefore there is no POTENTIAL for a right to promote Degeneracy.

Does it ennumerate just gay sex practitioners? Or does it include other kinks like polygamy and incest? And if not, why not? Why just gay sex as the Court's pet favorite?

Who is more important in marriage: 1. Adults or 2. The children that are formed there? And who decides between 1. or 2. ? What part of the Constitution did the Court interpret that children should not be considered in any decision about who may marry? Or, rather, what part of the Constitution says that the majority may not consent on such a vital institution as marriage where such a consent is set to drastically alter the future generations of children/society raised under the notion that "a father isn't vital/important" or "a mother isn't vital/important"? What part of the Constitution allows the Court to remove such a debate from the People, and instead decree what is essentially a royal-mandate on just some (but not all) of their favorite deviant sex behaviors?

Where has the authority now been placed to decide polygamy and incest marriage lawsuits? With the Governed or the Court?
There are child endangerment and child protection laws. This argument is a straw man and straw men tend to burn, but that is their purpose, eh?

These people should be able to sue the government for redress to replace the number of years they planned to be in their career. Full retirement and medical too. If the government wants to have a rainbow Whitehouse show, they damned sure should compensate Christians who don't want to be indocrinated in their newly sanctioned state-cult/religion of LGBT.

These people had no way of knowing when they took their jobs that they would be required to commit mortal sin (Jude 1) by the government no less, in order to keep their jobs. It wrecked 100s of careers across the country.

Pay up Uncle Sam. Put your money where your Whitehouse rainbow light display is..
Nope...they quit. They get nothing.

The right to equal protection extends to EVERYONE- not just your pet religions.
What part of this is so hard for you to understand.

Everyone has the right to own a gun. States however can limit that right for cause- i.e. forbidding violent convicted criminals from legally owning guns.

Everyone has the right to marriage. States however can limit that right for cause- i.e. polygamy and incest.

If you can't figure out a reason why States should be banning polygamous or sibling marriage- then that is your problem.
If you can't figure out a reason- why do you think they should be illegal?

You mistake bias for beliefs

8% unemployment in that county- they just made way for people who want to do the job.

Internet-Warrior.jpg

Says the scrawny little mod with the tough guy avatar.
sm0_zps2de1c26b.gif

Yeah, that's right....there isn't a pissant here, including your punk ass who'd say shit to me in person....
Ooooo...such a tough little boy you are.

LOL gotta love it when an 80 year old pussy calls a 44 year old man a coward.

Hey Bull, go call MDK a queer again, I know it makes you feel like a tough guy.

I'm 67 not 80 and I can no doubt still bench twice what you can and wax your ass in a 100m or 5K. Further, I had an encounter with two of you "bad ass" MPs at the LBJ...one of them shoved me into a cell...he got head-butted and hip thrown, KO. The other one ran for the cell-block door before I could catch him....their First Shirt told them "never mess with a LRRP" and apologized. I was released a couple hours later....brown bars thought I needed to hear the door clang closed is all.
Cool story, little boy.

Forum List

Back