EPA set to cut nearly 50% of staff in President Trump's first term

A little history lesson for that imbecile Buckeye who wants to cut the Endowment for the Arts....

When Winston Churchill was asked to cut funding to the arts in order to support the war effort in World War II, he responded “Then what would we be fighting for?”

Yeah, without government handouts, there would be no art. DERP!

Fuck you....let em go an SHRINK the government....I'm all for it.. Kill the National endowment of the arts too.
Since you probably never went to a museum or a classical concert in your deplorable life I can see you wanting to cut the National Endowment for the arts.

wow ive been to classical.music concerts, museums, art galleries, parks, zoos, local playhouses.

but you know what, people and in paeticular the arts cimmunity can support those things.
seaseme steet does not need govt funsing ans neither does crucifix in a jar of piss or Robert maplethorpes exhibit

you prob dont know what any of those? those re

A little history lesson for that imbecile Buckeye who wants to cut the Endowment for the Arts....

When Winston Churchill was asked to cut funding to the arts in order to support the war effort in World War II, he responded “Then what would we be fighting for?”

I see what you know about the arts can fit on the head of a pin.
The arts needs financial assistance to bring it to as many people as want to experience it.
And no it's just not Art It's the arts as a whole.
Talking to you about culture is like talking to-trump about intelligence briefs.

Fuck you....let em go an SHRINK the government....I'm all for it.. Kill the National endowment of the arts too.
Since you probably never went to a museum or a classical concert in your deplorable life I can see you wanting to cut the National Endowment for the arts.

wow ive been to classical.music concerts, museums, art galleries, parks, zoos, local playhouses.

but you know what, people and in paeticular the arts cimmunity can support those things.
seaseme steet does not need govt funsing ans neither does crucifix in a jar of piss or Robert maplethorpes exhibit

With the large amount of ridiculous misspellings in your post I'm sure the closest you ever got to art was in the coloring book section of Walmart.

The arts needs financial assistance to bring it to as many people as want to experience it.
Talking to you about culture is like talking to-trump about intelligence briefs.

culture, you prob support performce art, aka orgy on a stage

dont tell me about culture, if its good people will pay, if not, get your sick jollies off on some elses dime

so what did you think of the maplethorpe exihibit?

With the large amount of ridiculous misspellings in your post I'm sure the closest you ever got to art was in the coloring book section of Walmart.

And I'm sure you don't know any of those things.......culture for you is watching trailer park boys...

I've given you chances to add to this conversation, yet you don't,,,, like all you lefties...just toss out talking points and insults

dont tell me about culture, if its good people will pay, if not, get your sick jollies off on some elses dime

The Mapplethorpe exhibit was almost 30 years ago. I see the only thing you know about the art world is what your right wing sites tell you to be angry about.

Nothing, that's what I thought

The Mapplethorpe exhibit was almost 30 years ago. I see the only thing you know about the art world is what your right wing sites tell you to be angry about.
Nope, you still haven't said what you thought about it?

Why Are Americans So Hostile to State-Funded Art?

By contrast, private interest has always had a large stake in the cultural policy of the United States. Before the establishment of the NEA, arts and culture support remained the project of urban elites, business communities, and institutional philanthropy.

Art survived without government........it can again

You trolling people again You stupid fuck, what does that have to do with the EPA ?

stupid shit RW's want to cut anything they arent smart enough to understand, it makes their life simple.
Only a fucking moron would think that more laws and regulations makes life simple. You are one stupid motherfucker. LOL

Nothing, that's what I thought
Which exhibit? You do know he's done more than one don't you.
Knowing your mindset I can tell which one you're referring to.
But if you knew ANYTHING about art you would have chosen an exhibit from less than 30 years ago.
Robert Mapplethorpe was an extraordinary artist and the husband of rock's Patti Smith.
The exhibit you're obviously referring was meant to provoke and that it did.
Your culture free right wing media was provoked to outrage. I'm sure Mapplethorpe thanked them for bringing more attention to his work and making him more money.

Wouldn't that have been the crown supporting the arts?

There should never have been a national endowment for the arts. All it does is support that which should fail. The arts have always been supported by those who appreciate an artistic talent. It should have stayed that way.

IMG_0348.JPG

Forum List

Back