Eric Cantor lost his seat

Really, Peach....this is your arguement? :eusa_eh:

Not an argument, a statement as to the wisdom of replacing members of Congress with seniority, and knowledge of legislation, with wet behind the ears newcomers. The ELECTORATE'S DECISION ALWAYS. To expand, new viewpoints are always good for Congress, no member should OWN a seat, but with an influx of new members, there will always be a training period.

It was a stupid statement to say the least.
Even a "Joe the Plumber" should have a chance at politics. Even if at the expense of experience.

Well to be fair usually you start at a state legislator level or at least city council or something. Brat is literally starting from scratch....at the US House of Representatives...

Not an argument, a statement as to the wisdom of replacing members of Congress with seniority, and knowledge of legislation, with wet behind the ears newcomers. The ELECTORATE'S DECISION ALWAYS. To expand, new viewpoints are always good for Congress, no member should OWN a seat, but with an influx of new members, there will always be a training period.

Even a "Joe the Plumber" should have a chance at politics. Even if at the expense of experience.

Well to be fair usually you start at a state legislator level or at least city council or something. Brat is literally starting from scratch....at the US House of Representatives...
So what? He'll have plenty of competent aides to help with his vision.

Really, Peach....this is your arguement? :eusa_eh:

Your input is noted *BEEP*

conmutiny.jpg

Brat will most likely win, a brand new member who has never held office. Learning the Rules of Order, and pending legislation, will take up half his term. "What is a Bill? "How do you propose to an amendment? If you don't propose to it, why is the word used anyway"?

i think these people don't understand the benefits of seniority. they would, of course, if they were interested in governing. but they aren't interested in governing, they're interested in obstructing. seniority is irrelevant if your goal is to tear down and not build.

i suspect many of these people will lose in the general election. they can't control what comes out of their mouths and they're so extreme that normal people who come out to vote in the general (as opposed to "the base" that comes out in primaries, especially off year primaries) will be grossed out by them.

This is the first thing I've ever seen literally every person be happy about on this board. Eric Cantor: Bringing Americans together.

while i don't think much of eric cantor, i'm not happy about this. frankly, i think the threat of being primaried from the right is one of the reasons the House has become as insane as it has. GOP representatives are terrified of the wackadoodles. that makes them obstructionist and stupid.

Brunswick. You must understand something. Both parties have an anti-establishment wing. And when the establishment on either side gets punched in the face, they all cheer. All of them.

Brat will most likely win, a brand new member who has never held office. Learning the Rules of Order, and pending legislation, will take up half his term. "What is a Bill? "How do you propose to an amendment? If you don't propose to it, why is the word used anyway"?

i think these people don't understand the benefits of seniority. they would, of course, if they were interested in governing. but they aren't interested in governing, they're interested in obstructing. seniority is irrelevant if your goal is to tear down and not build.

i suspect many of these people will lose in the general election. they can't control what comes out of their mouths and they're so extreme that normal people who come out to vote in the general (as opposed to "the base" that comes out in primaries, especially off year primaries) will be grossed out by them.

What I think you don't understand Jillian, is that the fact that there is a benefit to seniority, other than gaining greater experience, is part of the problem.

This is the first thing I've ever seen literally every person be happy about on this board. Eric Cantor: Bringing Americans together.

while i don't think much of eric cantor, i'm not happy about this. frankly, i think the threat of being primaried from the right is one of the reasons the House has become as insane as it has. GOP representatives are terrified of the wackadoodles. that makes them obstructionist and stupid.

Bingo.

All pro amnesty traitors and neo-cons, be forewarned, you are on the chopping block. If you want to surrender this country's sovereignty, you will be forced to surrender your senatorial and congressional seats through the ballot box.

Like passing immigration reform wouldn't doom the party. You think a majority of those new Hispanic voters are going to vote Republican?
Why wouldn't they? Don't you guys have the best platform? The best plan for the country forward and all? Surely the hard-working, socially conservative Mexicans (which are legion) should relate to that message...right? So why are you predicting not getting their vote?

Got news for you. 90% of the LEGAL MEXICAN AMERICANS are conservative and HATE the shit that goes on at the border.

thats true Randall....but....they also dont like the way a lot of the right categorizes them.....i worked with a Mexican guy who was harsher than most about Illegals but he said ...."fuck them white fuckers....they think im an Illegal just because im a fucking Mexican"....and i witnessed some dumbass white kid say to him...."well you people come here to leach off this Country".....:lol:....last time he said that....

Like passing immigration reform wouldn't doom the party. You think a majority of those new Hispanic voters are going to vote Republican?
Why wouldn't they? Don't you guys have the best platform? The best plan for the country forward and all? Surely the hard-working, socially conservative Mexicans (which are legion) should relate to that message...right? So why are you predicting not getting their vote?

The vast number who simply go on welfare will, of course, vote to CONTINUE AND EXPAND said welfare...but you know that!

i live in the midst of Hispanics....Illegals and Legals.....dont know any on welfare....everyone is working,some 2 jobs...a lot of the woman work too....

What you really mean is that the more seniority you have, the more you tax and spend. That's what libturds mean by "governing." It's a liberal euphemism meaning "tax and spend."

And, yes, the only thing I'm interested in is tearing down all those bureaucracies in Washington. I want private citizens to build, not politicians.

That's music to my ears. I hope they are terrified. I how they shake like a paint mixer at the thought of granting amnesty or raising my taxes.

Forum List

Back