Eric Cantor lost his seat

So, the GOP is surrendering CO, NM, and NV to Democrats in 2016, giving Dems the edge in FL, and making TX, GA, and AZ competitive four years earlier than they would have been (TX and GA-2024 to 2020 and AZ-2020 to 2016)? I'm fine with that.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Exactly what I was thinking.

If Republicans don't support immigration reform, they are going to get killed in 2016.

Every month 50,000 Hispanic American citizens turn 18.
I will not vote for any one Republican or Democrat who will make it harder for poor Americans to find jobs. ie. anyone who won't seal the border and won't kick all the illegals out of our country. And I'm not the only one who feels that way.

This is the first thing I've ever seen literally every person be happy about on this board. Eric Cantor: Bringing Americans together.
You're right, but I get the impression that many on the right are not happy that the left is happy, although they themselves may be happy about this WHOPPING DEFEAT that House Majority Leader Eric Cantor got tonight.

To be honest, I believe the establishment Republicans, of which there are some fans here on USMB, are not too happy at all.

I've been watching FOXNEWS pretty much all night since the news came out, they're spinning like crazy. Trying to suggest to their audience that because the Democrats are rejoicing over this, it's not such a good thing. Although many of their guests, namely Laura Ingraham, Anne Coulter and Mark Levin are TOTALLY ECSTATIC about it.

This was basically a vote against any kind of co-operation with Democrats. All Cantor wanted to do was pass sensible immigration reform. A bill where Democrats gave the house away to the GOP and included ALL the stuff they wanted, from having to wait in the back of the line, pay fines, learn English, etc.

Even though the GOP got everything they wanted in that bill, the hard right wants no part of it, and if you work with President Blackenstein on anything, we'll throw you out.

That's what happened tonight. The Tea Party failed almost unilaterally down the line on all these primaries, but tonight they knocked off a big fish.

In the end, it's good for the Democratic candidate in that district, who only needs to hang back and let the Tea Party wacko talk himself straight into defeat.

Good. Seal the damn border first!

So, the GOP is surrendering CO, NM, and NV to Democrats in 2016, giving Dems the edge in FL, and making TX, GA, and AZ competitive four years earlier than they would have been (TX and GA-2024 to 2020 and AZ-2020 to 2016)? I'm fine with that.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

If Republicans don't support immigration reform, they are going to get killed in 2016.

I will not vote for any one Republican or Democrat who will make it harder for poor Americans to find jobs. ie. anyone who won't seal the border and won't kick all the illegals out of our country. And I'm not the only one who feels that way.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/358985-why-didn-t-george-w-bush-close-the-borders.html

[MENTION=49398]Slyhunter[/MENTION]

Brat will most likely win, a brand new member who has never held office. Learning the Rules of Order, and pending legislation, will take up half his term. "What is a Bill? "How do you propose to an amendment? If you don't propose to it, why is the word used anyway"?

i think these people don't understand the benefits of seniority. they would, of course, if they were interested in governing. but they aren't interested in governing, they're interested in obstructing. seniority is irrelevant if your goal is to tear down and not build.

i suspect many of these people will lose in the general election. they can't control what comes out of their mouths and they're so extreme that normal people who come out to vote in the general (as opposed to "the base" that comes out in primaries, especially off year primaries) will be grossed out by them.

Nice general statement with nothing to back it up. there's plenty of Brat stuff out their, if you find something you consider to be "wacko" post it, other than that you're just blowing hot air as usual. He's an economics professor, we could use a real economist in congress.

I personally don't know of any Mexicans on public assistance myself.

Never even heard of one.

I don't know many people personally on public assistance to begin with.

The ones that I do know, have legitimate reasons for it.

You really should leave the basement more often.
It's the attic [MENTION=31153]HenryBHough[/MENTION] , I stay in the attic.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/358985-why-didn-t-george-w-bush-close-the-borders.html

We can't live in the past. Deal with it and plan for the future. Seal the damn borders and export all the illegals.

We can't live in the past. Deal with it and plan for the future. Seal the damn borders and export all the illegals.
Can't deal with the past?

When the Republicans use this border issue as something to BLUDGEON Obama and/or the Democrats with then you HAVE to use the past, just to bring to light the FACT they THEY THEMSELVES had ample opportunity to do something about it.

The instant The Republicans STOP the political blame game, that will be the instant that the past won't be brought up.

Context matters [MENTION=49398]Slyhunter[/MENTION] , you know this.

Israel just lost one of their biggest supporters in Congress.

They have enough "support"( I assume you mean foreign aid we can't afford). We need someone that puts American interests abroad first and puts American workers first as David Brat does.

No room for any sort of ethnic diversity in that party anymore

Diversity or Community, take your pick. I want a nation, a true community, not a babylon of cultures and peoples that fit cosmopolitan liberal sensibilities.

This was basically a vote against any kind of co-operation with Democrats. All Cantor wanted to do was pass sensible immigration reform. A bill where Democrats gave the house away to the GOP and included ALL the stuff they wanted, from having to wait in the back of the line, pay fines, learn English, etc.

Even though the GOP got everything they wanted in that bill, the hard right wants no part of it, and if you work with President Blackenstein on anything, we'll throw you out.

That's what happened tonight. The Tea Party failed almost unilaterally down the line on all these primaries, but tonight they knocked off a big fish.

In the end, it's good for the Democratic candidate in that district, who only needs to hang back and let the Tea Party wacko talk himself straight into defeat.

"Sensible immigration reform" is a libturd code word meaning "amnesty." It doesn't matter how many conditions you put on it, it's still amnesty. Furthermore, there are no guarantees that the border will be sealed. The Dims don't want the border sealed and would vote against anything that was actually effective. They want to open the floodgates.

Forum List

Back