Eric Cantor lost his seat

Why wouldn't they? Don't you guys have the best platform? The best plan for the country forward and all? Surely the hard-working, socially conservative Mexicans (which are legion) should relate to that message...right? So why are you predicting not getting their vote?

Got news for you. 90% of the LEGAL MEXICAN AMERICANS are conservative and HATE the shit that goes on at the border.

I work with a legal immigrant (naturalized citizen) who says all illegals should be rounded up and shot!

yea the Mexicans i worked with had kinda the same attitude but not shooting them just sending them back......but like i said,they dont like how some on the right has made this a racial thing....instead of a bunch of people doing what they have been allowed to do by both parties for decades.....cross the border and stay....

This is the first thing I've ever seen literally every person be happy about on this board. Eric Cantor: Bringing Americans together.

while i don't think much of eric cantor, i'm not happy about this. frankly, i think the threat of being primaried from the right is one of the reasons the House has become as insane as it has. GOP representatives are terrified of the wackadoodles. that makes them obstructionist and stupid.

Not sure about your assessment of wackadoodles, and stupid, but they do force an actual 2 party system. Hell, sometimes you can't tell the difference between the two.
With the teaparty, it forces actual diversity between the two.

Cantor-v-Dave.jpg

Who does Brat put first - America or himself?

What an asshole question. Who does Obama put first, America or Mexico?

there is no politician in either party that puts America ahead of their precious little party or themselves....

Why wouldn't they? Don't you guys have the best platform? The best plan for the country forward and all? Surely the hard-working, socially conservative Mexicans (which are legion) should relate to that message...right? So why are you predicting not getting their vote?

The vast number who simply go on welfare will, of course, vote to CONTINUE AND EXPAND said welfare...but you know that!

i live in the midst of Hispanics....Illegals and Legals.....dont know any on welfare....everyone is working,some 2 jobs...a lot of the woman work too....

The hardest working people I have ever seen.

They work much harder than most Americans.

So, the GOP is surrendering CO, NM, and NV to Democrats in 2016, giving Dems the edge in FL, and making TX, GA, and AZ competitive four years earlier than they would have been (TX and GA-2024 to 2020 and AZ-2020 to 2016)? I'm fine with that.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

So, the GOP is surrendering CO, NM, and NV to Democrats in 2016, giving Dems the edge in FL, and making TX, GA, and AZ competitive four years earlier than they would have been (TX and GA-2024 to 2020 and AZ-2020 to 2016)? I'm fine with that.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Exactly what I was thinking.

If Republicans don't support immigration reform, they are going to get killed in 2016.

Every month 50,000 Hispanic American citizens turn 18.

Not an argument, a statement as to the wisdom of replacing members of Congress with seniority, and knowledge of legislation, with wet behind the ears newcomers. The ELECTORATE'S DECISION ALWAYS. To expand, new viewpoints are always good for Congress, no member should OWN a seat, but with an influx of new members, there will always be a training period.

It was a stupid statement to say the least.
Even a "Joe the Plumber" should have a chance at politics. Even if at the expense of experience.

Well to be fair usually you start at a state legislator level or at least city council or something. Brat is literally starting from scratch....at the US House of Representatives...

meaning he aint tainted......yet....

It was a stupid statement to say the least.
Even a "Joe the Plumber" should have a chance at politics. Even if at the expense of experience.

Well to be fair usually you start at a state legislator level or at least city council or something. Brat is literally starting from scratch....at the US House of Representatives...

meaning he aint tainted......yet....

It is to be hoped the early primary will be an advantage, gives him time to learn the ropes before November. Our state primary isn't until late August.

Brat will most likely win, a brand new member who has never held office. Learning the Rules of Order, and pending legislation, will take up half his term. "What is a Bill? "How do you propose to an amendment? If you don't propose to it, why is the word used anyway"?

i think these people don't understand the benefits of seniority. they would, of course, if they were interested in governing. but they aren't interested in governing, they're interested in obstructing. seniority is irrelevant if your goal is to tear down and not build.

i suspect many of these people will lose in the general election. they can't control what comes out of their mouths and they're so extreme that normal people who come out to vote in the general (as opposed to "the base" that comes out in primaries, especially off year primaries) will be grossed out by them.

What I think you don't understand Jillian, is that the fact that there is a benefit to seniority, other than gaining greater experience, is part of the problem.

you mean like getting too comfortable and forgetting why your there.....enjoying the perks to much....

Got news for you. 90% of the LEGAL MEXICAN AMERICANS are conservative and HATE the shit that goes on at the border.

thats true Randall....but....they also dont like the way a lot of the right categorizes them.....i worked with a Mexican guy who was harsher than most about Illegals but he said ...."fuck them white fuckers....they think im an Illegal just because im a fucking Mexican"....and i witnessed some dumbass white kid say to him...."well you people come here to leach off this Country".....:lol:....last time he said that....

People are stupid. ALL people are stupid. Perhaps that dumbass white kid had friends who lost out on jobs to wetbacks. Who knows.

I don't know about "how the right categorizes them". I have seen (myself included) characterize them as "wetbacks" and "illegals" - which they are. Contrary to popular belief, the term "wetback" was from the "wetback law" in the 50s.

I have seen leftists raise holy hell about losing jobs to those who stand outside a Home Depot and cut the wages of men who are trying to feed their families.

Lose a job to someone who is in this country illegally, welcomed by the Nazi Left and the idiot right, who is on Welfare, food stamps, gets medical care at OUR Emergency rooms, drives a dangerous car without insurance, pays his way with wads of cash and lives under the radar while you are paying state taxes, local taxes, federal taxes, paying for your insurance out of your paycheck, trying to put YOUR kids through College, while HE gets in-state tuition and merely leaves the country when the drunken fool kills YOUR wife and is uninsured (but given drivers licenses by the state) and then tell me that he is "just an immigrant looking for the American dream".

It's Bullshit. They want nothing to do with the US - other than to take what they can get. They RAN from their own country, but continue to DEMAND that we celebrate THEIR customs. It is bullshit.

One of my best friends is Latino. I have known him for 40 years. Born and raised in America to Americans. We BOTH subscribe to the "America first" ideology. I am NOT "African- American". I AM AMERICAN. Never been to Africa. My Friend is NOT "Mexican-American" HE IS AMERICAN.

This bullshit lie about "immigration reform" is nothing more than a lie, perpetrated by the left, the right and the Chamber of Commerce to appease those who want low-wage jobs to be the "norm" in this country. Every time an illegal takes a job from an American, they are lowering wages for everyone else.

ENFORCE OUR IMMIGRATION LAWS.

This was basically a vote against any kind of co-operation with Democrats. All Cantor wanted to do was pass sensible immigration reform. A bill where Democrats gave the house away to the GOP and included ALL the stuff they wanted, from having to wait in the back of the line, pay fines, learn English, etc.

Even though the GOP got everything they wanted in that bill, the hard right wants no part of it, and if you work with President Blackenstein on anything, we'll throw you out.

That's what happened tonight. The Tea Party failed almost unilaterally down the line on all these primaries, but tonight they knocked off a big fish.

In the end, it's good for the Democratic candidate in that district, who only needs to hang back and let the Tea Party wacko talk himself straight into defeat.

thats true Randall....but....they also dont like the way a lot of the right categorizes them.....i worked with a Mexican guy who was harsher than most about Illegals but he said ...."fuck them white fuckers....they think im an Illegal just because im a fucking Mexican"....and i witnessed some dumbass white kid say to him...."well you people come here to leach off this Country".....:lol:....last time he said that....

People are stupid. ALL people are stupid. Perhaps that dumbass white kid had friends who lost out on jobs to wetbacks. Who knows.

I don't know about "how the right categorizes them". I have seen (myself included) characterize them as "wetbacks" and "illegals" - which they are. Contrary to popular belief, the term "wetback" was from the "wetback law" in the 50s.

I have seen leftists raise holy hell about losing jobs to those who stand outside a Home Depot and cut the wages of men who are trying to feed their families.

Lose a job to someone who is in this country illegally, welcomed by the Nazi Left and the idiot right, who is on Welfare, food stamps, gets medical care at OUR Emergency rooms, drives a dangerous car without insurance, pays his way with wads of cash and lives under the radar while you are paying state taxes, local taxes, federal taxes, paying for your insurance out of your paycheck, trying to put YOUR kids through College, while HE gets in-state tuition and merely leaves the country when the drunken fool kills YOUR wife and is uninsured (but given drivers licenses by the state) and then tell me that he is "just an immigrant looking for the American dream".

It's Bullshit. They want nothing to do with the US - other than to take what they can get. They RAN from their own country, but continue to DEMAND that we celebrate THEIR customs. It is bullshit.

One of my best friends is Latino. I have known him for 40 years. Born and raised in America to Americans. We BOTH subscribe to the "America first" ideology. I am NOT "African- American". I AM AMERICAN. Never been to Africa. My Friend is NOT "Mexican-American" HE IS AMERICAN.

This bullshit lie about "immigration reform" is nothing more than a lie, perpetrated by the left, the right and the Chamber of Commerce to appease those who want low-wage jobs to be the "norm" in this country. Every time an illegal takes a job from an American, they are lowering wages for everyone else.

ENFORCE OUR IMMIGRATION LAWS.

characterize them as "wetbacks" and "illegals"

some of the righties here call them some nice colorful metaphors.....they are all crooks and rapist.....Katz says they are ALL even the legal ones lowlifes.....she said they change their identities every month....the ones i have known here for years now still have the same names....when you have righties as stupid as that flapping their lips.....how do Republicans expect them to want to be a part of them?....the Democrats they dont respect because they know they are looked at as votes not people....but to them they are the so called "lessor of 2 evils"....so they go with them....but they know....

The vast number who simply go on welfare will, of course, vote to CONTINUE AND EXPAND said welfare...but you know that!

i live in the midst of Hispanics....Illegals and Legals.....dont know any on welfare....everyone is working,some 2 jobs...a lot of the woman work too....

Where do these RW radicals get these MYTHS from?

I personally don't know of any Mexicans on public assistance myself.

Never even heard of one.

I don't know many people personally on public assistance to begin with.

The ones that I do know, have legitimate reasons for it.

This was basically a vote against any kind of co-operation with Democrats. All Cantor wanted to do was pass sensible immigration reform. A bill where Democrats gave the house away to the GOP and included ALL the stuff they wanted, from having to wait in the back of the line, pay fines, learn English, etc.

Even though the GOP got everything they wanted in that bill, the hard right wants no part of it, and if you work with President Blackenstein on anything, we'll throw you out.

That's what happened tonight. The Tea Party failed almost unilaterally down the line on all these primaries, but tonight they knocked off a big fish.

In the end, it's good for the Democratic candidate in that district, who only needs to hang back and let the Tea Party wacko talk himself straight into defeat.
Well, this Bart fellow just got shot into infamy. We'll find out a LOT about him between now and November.

He doesn't LOOK wacko, even the few things I've heard him say, which was just tonight mind you, but...we'll see.

[MENTION=36645]Interpol[/MENTION]

I believe Cantor is the only Jewish Republican in Congress, compared to about 21 Jewish Democrats.

Including the disproportionately large number in the Senate it's actually 32 Democrat Jews in congress currently.

...to 1 GOP Jew who will be leaving at the end of this year.

Who cares? Anyone who votes for a person base on their race or ethnic background is an idiot, and shouldn't be voting.... Although there's a lot of idiots in this country. Which is how we got Obama.

Where do these RW radicals get these MYTHS from?

I personally don't know of any Mexicans on public assistance myself.

Never even heard of one.

I don't know many people personally on public assistance to begin with.

The ones that I do know, have legitimate reasons for it.

Same here, a few I know, I believe take it for granted; still public assistance properly spent goes into the economy. It isn't much in Florida, that is certain. Never a big worry of mine. I know bigger drains on the public through schemes that irk me. Fighting tooth and nail for a fortune if a county needs an easement over their property, one they will also use. Most want the property undervalued for tax purposes, when it comes to a drainage ditch, that property has pots of gold on it.

Forum List

Back