Erik Erikson's RED STATE disinvites Trump after "blood" comments about Megyn Kelly

I don't why Megan Kelly would agree to do something like this. People are pissed at her and she will probably now have to go join PMSnbc

Why do I have a sneaky suspicion that Hillary Clinton is....as we type here......writing a heartfelt "THANK YOU" note to Erik Erikson???

(mindful that driving Trump toward a 3rd party run is much appreciated by the DNC.)
I think she is writing the letter to Trump.

Trump won't run as a 'third party' candidate for president.

But the damage Trump is causing the GOP – and will continue to cause for the foreseeable future – will likely have almost the same adverse effect.

You all keep saying Trump is "damaging" the GOP, while the majority of the people I know are glad he's speaking out. It's a refreshing change and forcing others to confront the issues.
If only he could confront his own issues......

Donald Trump Megyn Kelly had blood coming out of her wherever - CNNPolitics.com

Donald Trump's latest controversial comment was so alarming that he's been disinvited from a conservative gathering Saturday in Atlanta.

At issue: Trump's comments on "CNN Tonight" about Fox News' Megyn Kelly, who moderated a GOP presidential candidate debate Thursday night. During the debate, she pressed Trump about misogynistic, sexist comments he made in the past.

Trump slammed Kelly, saying "she is a lightweight. I couldn't care less about her."

"You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes," Trump told CNN's Don Lemon on Friday night. "Blood coming out of her wherever."

That remark crossed the line, said RedState.com editor Erick Erickson. He disinvited Trump from the RedState Gathering, a conservative event featuring GOP presidential hopefuls this weekend in Atlanta.

"I have tried to give a great deal of latitude to Donald Trump in his run for the presidency," Erickson wrote.

"He is not a professional politician and is known for being a blunt talker. He connects with so much of the anger in the Republican base and is not afraid to be outspoken on a lot of issues. But there are even lines blunt talkers and unprofessional politicians should not cross. Decency is one of those lines."

For the unititiated, Red State Gathering is a pretty darned large event and Erik Erikson is a stalwart Conservative from a state in the Deep South.

You know that Donald Trump has trouble when even staunch Conservatives disinvite him.

Also being reported here:

Trump dumped from conservative event in Atlanta over inappropriate comments Reuters

And this is a fun quote:

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump was dumped from a prime speaking role to an important gathering of conservative activists on Friday for his criticism of Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly after a combustible debate performance.

Trump was scheduled to deliver the keynote address on Saturday night at a conference in Atlanta organized by Red State, an influential conservative group.

Red State chief Erick Erickson said he had disinvited Trump from the event because of what he described as "demeaning" remarks about Kelly who was one of three moderators during the first major Republican debate on Thursday night in Cleveland.

"While I have tried to give him great latitude, his remark about Megyn Kelly was a bridge too far," Erickson said, adding he had invited Kelly, one of Fox's highest profile anchors, to attend his conference in Trump's place.

Trump was unbowed by the dumping.

"This is just another example of weakness through being politically correct," his campaign said in a statement.

"For all of the people who were looking forward to Mr. Trump coming, we will miss you. Blame Erick Erickson, your weak and pathetic leader. We'll now be doing another campaign stop at another location."

I am on record saying Fox did a terrible job on the debates. It was an obvious attempt to eliminate Trump from running. However, Trump is giving the Establishment fodder for controversy and he has walked into the trap.

So, his mouth has been the reason he's been eliminated from the Red State Debate. It was the reason they conveniently used. And Trump should have been smarter than this. If he wants to have a serious chance of getting the nomination, he has to act presidential at the same time being a gentleman. If he can't do that, the voters should eliminate him, not the networks.

Ha more Big Government err uh, i mean 'Conservative' pussies. Most likely lame Jeb Bush buttsniffers. Who needs em? Go get em Trump!

Fox should come clean and admit they were fed those questions. Kelly should apologize in behalf of Fox. Republican leadership should stop trying to shoehorn Bush into the presidency.

Yeah cuz the whole world should play nice with Duh Donuld.

If this had been the Dems, you would all be saying that the president of the US should be able to handle what is thrown at him. That's what you've always said about Obama.

For example, when Bill O'Reilly would not let the president finish even one sentence, you hypocrites were on Fux's side.

Why do so many of you think Trump et al needs protection against questions? Why are you so afraid of actually putting any of them to a real test?

They're turning on their own.

It's a circular firing squad.
That's what struck me the most about the Republican debate. They turned on each other and Hillary and the Dems got off lightly

Wait until Bernie, Webb, and O'Malley turn on the hildebeast. Do you think they are going to kiss her fat ass?
I think the Democratic debates will be a love fest

Bernie will be an honest broker to force Hillary to the left

Yeah, right. Can I have some of what you are smoking?
They certainly will not be given questions like those from Fox.

I am unaware of any of the Democratic candidates who have called women fat pigs. They do not need to be challenged on it

Fox should come clean and admit they were fed those questions. Kelly should apologize in behalf of Fox. Republican leadership should stop trying to shoehorn Bush into the presidency.

If this had been the Dems, you would all be saying that the president of the US should be able to handle what is thrown at him. That's what you've always said about Obama.

For example, when Bill O'Reilly would not let the president finish even one sentence, you hypocrites were on Fux's side.

Why do so many of you think Trump et al needs protection against questions? Why are you so afraid of actually putting any of them to a real test?
It has little to do with Fox. Any moderator is going to challenge Trump to defend his extreme positions.

It is not going to get any easier

My bottom line (For whatever that's worth ):

I don't want a POTUS who pops off his mouth like that.
I agree. What other candidates have to take from the Trump Effect is that candidates would be better off saying what they really think instead of being pc. People want a no nonsense kind of president that is strong.

The same questions could be asked of Hillary Clinton. Why so thin-skinned and paranoid? What is she hiding? I actually think Trump handles the attacks very well. Much better than Hillary Clinton does.

Any rational thinking person can see what this is all about. This is about the establishment stopping at nothing to get Bush the Republican nom. This was all supposed to be a Clinton/Bush showdown and its going oh so horribly wrong :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am so entertained over this whole thing. Zero fucks given over him being disinvited to this oh so important gathering ;) Lets see what kind of bump the clown car gets while Trump continues to pull away from the field.

Backlash Erickson Disinvites Donald Trump from RedState Gathering - Breitbart

What I wrote on Breitbart: Shame. You can't complain about the left's PC (political correctness) Police and then use, against an adversary, "Political Correctness". The guy has brought to the forefront what many real conservatives see as important. Don't attack him, look at his message. And please, leave the PC Police at home.
And how decent was Fox to Trump? He only said what he said after he was verbally assaulted. We all saw it.
STAND YOUR GROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------

Let's see how many "up" votes I get.

-----------------------------

Conservatives Furious at Fox Say Trump Wasn t Treated Fairly

Donald Trump axed from event over Megyn Kelly blood comment - BBC News

----------------------------

And these Republicans. All their misogynist tendencies finally coming out.

Any rational thinking person can see what this is all about. This is about the establishment stopping at nothing to get Bush the Republican nom. This was all supposed to be a Clinton/Bush showdown and its going oh so horribly wrong :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am so entertained over this whole thing. Zero fucks given over him being disinvited to this oh so important gathering ;) Lets see what kind of bump the clown car gets while Trump continues to pull away from the field.
If Trump was smart, he would buy tv time at the same time the Red State affair is going on and have half an hour of nothing but his views without the caustic questions that are going to be levelled against him in another Establishment venue. ;)

My bottom line (For whatever that's worth ):

I don't want a POTUS who pops off his mouth like that.
I agree. What other candidates have to take from the Trump Effect is that candidates would be better off saying what they really think instead of being pc. People want a no nonsense kind of president that is strong.
No, that is not the answer in YouTube America

Everything you say turns up in a sound bite. Look at Mitt Romney and his 47% comments. Spouting any offensive thought under the pretext of "telling it like it is" will bury you

Forum List

Back