Erik Erikson's RED STATE disinvites Trump after "blood" comments about Megyn Kelly

Screen-Shot-2015-07-12-at-10.24.42-PM1.png

Trumpenstein: Conservatives reap what they sow.

Last edited:
Any rational thinking person can see what this is all about. This is about the establishment stopping at nothing to get Bush the Republican nom. This was all supposed to be a Clinton/Bush showdown and its going oh so horribly wrong [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

I am so entertained over this whole thing. Zero fucks given over him being disinvited to this oh so important gathering ;) Lets see what kind of bump the clown car gets while Trump continues to pull away from the field.
You know, I respect your opinion on this.

But outside of the 25-30% of Republicans who want him, he is tanking badly with Independents/Moderates. In matchups against HRC, he is roughly 20 points behind her, Sanders or even Biden. I've seen national candidates overcome an 8-10 deficit between the year before an election and the election itself, but I have never seen a candidate overcome a 20 point deficit as consistent as this one. You make a point that you think Fox was trying to do a hit job on Trump and yet, now that I have watched 1/2 of the debate, they were every bit as hard with the other candidates

Furthermore, the way Trump ran his mouth after the debate is his own self-inflicted wound. No one forced him to do that. Trump digs his own grave with his own yap.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

My bottom line (For whatever that's worth ):

I don't want a POTUS who pops off his mouth like that.
I agree. What other candidates have to take from the Trump Effect is that candidates would be better off saying what they really think instead of being pc. People want a no nonsense kind of president that is strong.
No, that is not the answer in YouTube America

Everything you say turns up in a sound bite. Look at Mitt Romney and his 47% comments. Spouting any offensive thought under the pretext of "telling it like it is" will bury you
Especially stuff that is crafted to be as offensive as possible.

I guess it just depends on how much substance versus entertainment value you demand.
Blame the media, not Trump. He's added plenty of substance.

I'm sorry, i'm just way over the "it's the media" defense for saying stupid stuff.
You're misunderstanding me. I'm saying the media chooses to ONLY focus on the incendiary things rather than his policies.

I understand what you are saying. I am saying I disagree. I heard what he had to say and I saw the opportunities he had. Crying about "the meeedddiiaa" z-zzzzzz-zz

Why?

I think it's dangerous. If you're into isolationism, no problem I guess. But I support maintaining friendships abroad.
And he talks without thinking. He is too thin skinned.
Better put, Trump exacts revenge without thinking.

If republicans had a bit more sense and a lot less hatred, they'd go with Kasich.
I think Kasich is a good choice, too. It's nice to see a liberal with an open mind.
He's not insane. that puts him head and shoulders above most of the rest of the republican field.
And this is coming from the neurotic Clinton side, where she is a congenital liar?
i'm not wild about clinton, but let's say we accept that she's a "congenital liar"

i still consider her sane. she isn't pretending that she could force mexico to pay for and build a wall on our southern border. she isn't pretending that a president could somehow "assert" a fetus' fifth and 14th amendment rights and put an end to abortion. she isn't saying that she would never raise taxes, under any condition, and she isn't comparing international diplomacy with iran to shoving jews into ovens.

the republican field right now has a lot of crazy in it - and there will be more to come. kasich doesn't seem so ideologically driven that he is blinded from reality like a lot of the others. maybe i'll change my mind on him as time goes on, but right now he seems like a reasonable candidate.

Any rational thinking person can see what this is all about. This is about the establishment stopping at nothing to get Bush the Republican nom. This was all supposed to be a Clinton/Bush showdown and its going oh so horribly wrong [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

I am so entertained over this whole thing. Zero fucks given over him being disinvited to this oh so important gathering ;) Lets see what kind of bump the clown car gets while Trump continues to pull away from the field.
If Trump was smart, he would buy tv time at the same time the Red State affair is going on and have half an hour of nothing but his views without the caustic questions that are going to be levelled against him in another Establishment venue. ;)
I like ;)

Notice nobody picked up on his brilliant policy on healthcare, nor bothered to get his opinion on the Iran deal during the debate? Pundits are more focused on bullshit rather than substance and yes Trump has put forth a lot of substance. If people really bothered to listen to him speak rather than forming their opinions on soundbites the msm plays they'd learn something about him. There's a reason Trump is killing in the polls and it's not because of his boorish behavior.
Again, and I hate to burst your bubble, Trump is doing well with circa (maximum) 30% of the GOP electorate. But among Indies he's already cooked to a crisp, stick a fork in him.

Hell, Clinton even beats Trump in the rural vote.

When was the last time you saw a Democrat winning by +20 in National polling?

I agree. What other candidates have to take from the Trump Effect is that candidates would be better off saying what they really think instead of being pc. People want a no nonsense kind of president that is strong.
No, that is not the answer in YouTube America

Everything you say turns up in a sound bite. Look at Mitt Romney and his 47% comments. Spouting any offensive thought under the pretext of "telling it like it is" will bury you
Romney did not explain the context of that comment. He didn't handle it well, because he was PC.
He did explain the context and dug a deeper hole

While Conservatives rail about PC and its affect on free speech, free speech never meant there are no consequences for what you say
:clap:

If republicans had a bit more sense and a lot less hatred, they'd go with Kasich.
I think Kasich is a good choice, too. It's nice to see a liberal with an open mind.
He's not insane. that puts him head and shoulders above most of the rest of the republican field.
And this is coming from the neurotic Clinton side, where she is a congenital liar?
I love when libs try to tell us who our best candidate is.......and then insinuate they might actually vote for them........good humor

I can't help but wonder if this is a way for deep pocket Republican operatives like the Kochs, Murdoch, or Adelson to start a deconstruction campaign on Donald Trump. Let's face it, the man behind this summit. Erick Erickson, is a misogynist himself, recall the time he called Wendy Davis "abortion Barbie?" or the time he attacked the children of gay parents? Why would a man like that get all politically correct all of a sudden?
Indeed, Erik Erikson is himself no saint. But his Red State project is growing in power and influence from year to year.

I can't help but wonder if this is a way for deep pocket Republican operatives like the Kochs, Murdoch, or Adelson to start a deconstruction campaign on Donald Trump. Let's face it, the man behind this summit. Erick Erickson, is a misogynist himself, recall the time he called Wendy Davis "abortion Barbie?" or the time he attacked the children of gay parents? Why would a man like that get all politically correct all of a sudden?
Good post! I didn't know about Erickson's behavior, but the fact that the disinvite happened I would say is a 90% chance it is orchestrated by the Establishment.
The only problem with that is that Erikson hates the GOP establishment. So, why would he assist them?

Trump had plenty of opportunity to provide lots of specifics. He just blew a bunch of smoke. I guess that's enough for his base.
No, he had to respond to the questions and there wasn't any time for his own views.
He was asked to provide specifics on his claim that the Mexican government is intentionally sending murderers and rapists to our country. He ultimately responded some guys at the border told him
Lots of depth, what?

I love when libs try to tell us who our best candidate is.......and then insinuate they might actually vote for them........good humor
i bet you think some of us are more liberal than we actually are

Forum List

Back