Escaping Christianity

I was raised in church, married a Christian, raised my kids in church and currently teach Bible at a Christian school. At the end of this school year (May 2020) I plan to resign as a teacher and stop attending church for one full year. At the end of that year I plan to have my name removed from the church role and afterwards make my atheism public. I love the philosphy, ethics and the culture surrounding Christianity. I just can't live a lie any more. It just can't be healthy. This invisible and silent God dude offers me nothing. I love the Bible and learn a lot from it but the God dude in that book either doesn't exist or has no interest in me. Church attendance is more burdensome than it used to be. I learn more from the Bible studying independently. Kindergarten might be fun for a 6 year old but is painfully boring to a 40 year old.

Any questions? I have lots more to say but I already feel like the post was too long.

Was this a Christian church or a Mormon church?

BTW you dont have to escape "Christianity"....you are free to leave anytime, unlike islam and scientology.

I was raised in church, married a Christian, raised my kids in church and currently teach Bible at a Christian school. At the end of this school year (May 2020) I plan to resign as a teacher and stop attending church for one full year. At the end of that year I plan to have my name removed from the church role and afterwards make my atheism public. I love the philosphy, ethics and the culture surrounding Christianity. I just can't live a lie any more. It just can't be healthy. This invisible and silent God dude offers me nothing. I love the Bible and learn a lot from it but the God dude in that book either doesn't exist or has no interest in me. Church attendance is more burdensome than it used to be. I learn more from the Bible studying independently. Kindergarten might be fun for a 6 year old but is painfully boring to a 40 year old.

Any questions? I have lots more to say but I already feel like the post was too long.

You are talking about a time period of 40 years but let me try my best.

Separate Baptist First 14 years or so
Southern Baptist last 4 years of childhood
Not much church First 4 years in the Marine Corps
Southern Baptist 16 years
Freewill Baptist 2 years

No Mormonism involved. I have met with 4 sets of Mormon missionaries on probably about 10 occassions. I told them that I just wanted their secret powers. I read the entire Book of Mormon cover to cover but I never was involved in Mormonism as a religion. I never attended a service or anything.

Freewill Baptist 2 years

No Mormonism involved. I have met with 4 sets of Mormon missionaries on probably about 10 occassions. I told them that I just wanted their secret powers. I read the entire Book of Mormon cover to cover but I never was involved in Mormonism as a religion. I never attended a service or anything.
Mormons have secret powers???

Freewill Baptist 2 years

Yes. Did you ever see their temples?

Their empire is less than 200 years old. Christian organizations are splintered and then splintered and then splintered. Super mega churches have nothing on Mormonism.

Freewill Baptist 2 years

Yes. Did you ever see their temples?

Their empire is less than 200 years old. Christian organizations are splintered and then splintered and then splintered. Super mega churches have nothing on Mormonism.
I lived in Idaho for a long time and yes I have seen what they build. I have a really cool story about my first encounter with Mormons when I was young and made my first trip to/through Salt Lake City. From what I have experienced some are good people and some not so good. Special powers though, nah. I will say every door gets knocked on and so the Kingdom has door knockers on earth as in heaven if yah know what I mean.

Freewill Baptist 2 years

If I had know you had a Southern Baptist background, I would have advised you to Run, not walk away. These were the people I grew up with in the South who used to preach that segregation was god's plan, which is why he put different races on different continents. Apparently, god had not anticipated ships.

Does god have his own cot or does he hop from cot to cot?
Maybe you will get to find that out.
Heaven has cots?
Maybe you’ll find out.
We all go to the same place, there's no proof otherwise.
There's no proof for what you're saying either.
I'm saying that there's no proof for 2 different places, but you're right there could be 100... or 1... No proof of anything yet. But it seems likely that we all go to the same place.

Does god have his own cot or does he hop from cot to cot?
Maybe you will get to find that out.
Heaven has cots?
Maybe you’ll find out.
We all go to the same place, there's no proof otherwise.
You have no proof that we don’t.

Being an asshole is a suckers bet.
You make the claim for judgement and different places, it's up to you to prove it.

Trust me, pal. You are going to feel wonderfully free when you do this. I speak from experience.
That must explain why you are in an online forum reading posts about religion.

Because your life is so wonderful.

Is that s bad as being in an online forum trying to convince people that your religious decisions are the only right ones?
It would be if that were the case. But it’s not.

I couldn’t care less what you believed.

You couldn't care less? That's odd considering you certainly seemed to care in your previous post.
How so?

Sorry, but if you can't remember what you wrote, it's not my job to keep a running tally.

Freewill Baptist 2 years

If I had know you had a Southern Baptist background, I would have advised you to Run, not walk away. These were the people I grew up with in the South who used to preach that segregation was god's plan, which is why he put different races on different continents. Apparently, god had not anticipated ships.

It is a little known fact that the Southern Baptist Convention was founded on the issue of Pro Slavery. The Southern Baptist Convention doesn't hide this information at all. You can access all of their minutes from their annual convention all the way back to 1838.

The Bible I read is an HCSB. Most of the translators were Southern Baptist. I find it comical that the word slave is used in place of servant in the HCSB in comparison to the KJV. Traditions are passed on and passed on without it really being noticed that those traditions are part of a holistic philosphy that is no longer in use. Personally I don't believe slavery is wrong and I think it could be some of things I was taught in church. Of course I am against slavery just because everybody else. It still just makes me a little ashamed that as a human I am that impressionable.

We have visible doctors where I live. They actually help people. A large percentage of those visible doctors are atheists too. God doesn't cure anybody. He never has. Be honest. You know this.
Do you think those doctors arent using their God given talent to make people better?

Nope. It takes 8+ years to become a doctor. They earn these skills Don't discredit the medical profession. They deserve praise and recognition. Your God deserves jack squat until He actually does something. Anything. Anything. Honestly. Anything.

Thank you. I'm going to be praying to God, who does listen and answer, that if He wills, this attitude you have toward Him WILL be revealed. I could be wrong, but I don't think He wants someone like you teaching children about Him, so I lay good odds on that prayer being heard.

God can do whatever He wants. He doesn't need you to boss Him around. Do you really feel like God owes you something?

Dear Father,

Please remove this man from his position in front of Your precious children, if it be Your will. I pray that you will protect his family and his heart in the meantime. In Jesus' Name, Amen
God knows what to do...

And your job is to bring him back to the Lord, instead of smiting him.

it is you who have abandoned the path to the Everlasting by a belief in a false messiah imaged through a book of selfserving forgeries, the christian bible.
Really? I am sure you have in your own wretched mind that what you twist around and say is true. Just exactly what sort of "path to the Everlasting" do you think that there is? I mean I would maybe even entertain reading something you have other than that same old shit you post time and time again but you haven't shown me anything other than your discontent for people believing in a Holy Spirit that guides them and confirms what they have experienced or have seen with a Book and many other writings that were written for that purpose of edifying the Holy Spirit in them. If you have something show it. Otherwise piss off as I am unwilling to waste my time reading your crap.
Just exactly what sort of "path to the Everlasting" do you think that there is?

the religion of antiquity as prescribed by the Almighty - the triumph of good vs evil - the religion abandoned by all three desert religions.
You really aren't saying anything here as you appear to be a clueless whiner from everything you have already posted. Evil would have no place in you if you would not let it in or do things that open you up to it. Destroying evil is what both Jewish and Christian religions are about regardless of peoples erroneous perceptions now or in the past that have used religion for divisive and wicked purposes. To have Jesus Christ is to be anointed with the salvation of Jehovah 'the existing One'. Without that you really have nothing; You are merely an Adam/human asleep in the dust of the earth (as the dead, already in a carnal grave).
To have Jesus Christ is to be anointed with the salvation of Jehovah 'the existing One'.

your false religion of a messiah is simply a 4th century political document disguised as a religion collated by the crucifiers that have yet to be brought to justice, people like you r and your unrepentant history of persecution and victimization of the innocent.

Destroying evil is what both Jewish and Christian religions are about regardless of peoples erroneous perceptions now or in the past that have used religion for divisive and wicked purposes.

their volumes are the serpent in the garden -

rather than embrace the religion of antiquity all three desert religions have diverted through their unsubstantiated text selfserving fallacies to satisfy their own personal gains.

That must explain why you are in an online forum reading posts about religion.

Because your life is so wonderful.

Is that s bad as being in an online forum trying to convince people that your religious decisions are the only right ones?
It would be if that were the case. But it’s not.

I couldn’t care less what you believed.

You couldn't care less? That's odd considering you certainly seemed to care in your previous post.
How so?

Sorry, but if you can't remember what you wrote, it's not my job to keep a running tally.
It’s not what I wrote that’s the problem it’s your inference that’s I care that he believes in God from what I wrote that is the problem.

And since you can’t explain why you believe I care about his beliefs, even you don’t understand why you wrote that I did.

BreezeWood You are on permanent ignore for repeating your same old boring accusations. So don't bother to quote me or try to draw my attention to your crap.

No one gives a damn what you will do. Least of all God.

Forum List

Back