EU May Declare Lithium a Hazard to Humans

There was no error. The North Pole is isolated from warmer marine currents. That’s a fact. What circulation it does receive is what is keeping the northern hemisphere from experiencing glacial conditions at the present temperature.

If I recall plate tectonics shows that in the future Siberian region will cover most of where the existing Arctic Ocean is now the planet will be in a permanent glaciation for a long time.

There was no error.

Landlocked vs "mostly" landlocked. Isolated vs having actual currents that connect the water bodies.

You lose.

The North Pole is isolated from warmer marine currents.

I showed you how that was wrong. Want me to show you again?

graphics-To_IMS-ArcticCurrentsMap.jpg

That’s a fact.

A "ding fact" which means it's wrong.

What circulation it does receive is what is keeping the northern hemisphere from experiencing glacial conditions at the present temperature.

LOL. Keep trying.

If I recall plate tectonics shows that in the future Siberian region will cover most of where the existing Arctic Ocean is now the planet will be in a permanent glaciation for a long time.

It would be fun to see where you got that information.

Considering that the Arctic is effectively where the N. Am plate and the Eurasian plates meet I'm not certain when Eurasia is going to be parked over the arctic. Wouldn't be surprised if sometime it wound up there, but just not sure where you get your "geologic information".

Also: where do you get the idea that if Eurasia is parked over the North Pole that it would cause "permanent glaciation for a long time" (can I also tell you how funny that phrase is?)

Then you should probably stop arguing against it.

I'm not arguing against it. IN fact I've invoked it a number of times in my posts on the earth's climate history.

But you either didn't read the posts or didn't understand them.

One of your biggest problems apart from being an uneducated troll trying to fake his way in a science conversation is that you are DEMONSTRABLY WRONG OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Here you go, dumbass. More times when YOU WERE WRONG:

Times when I explicitly agreed that plate tectonics has played a role in earth's climate:

I think the key is that plate tectonics cannot be used to explain the warming we are seeing now. They just operate at too slow a rate to have caused that.

But you don't understand ANY of this so you think that you have found something meaningful. But you haven't because you don't even MARGINALLY understand plate tectonics. LOL.

Landlocked vs "mostly" landlocked. Isolated vs having actual currents that connect the water bodies.

You lose.

I showed you how that was wrong. Want me to show you again?

graphics-To_IMS-ArcticCurrentsMap.jpg

A "ding fact" which means it's wrong.

LOL. Keep trying.
Isolated from warmer marine currents with northern hemisphere glaciation only occurring in the last 3 million years. I win.

Never before in the history of the planet has glaciation occurred at the North Pole.

#winning

Isolated from warmer marine currents with northern hemisphere glaciation only occurring in the last 3 million years. I win.

Then explain the currents I found and showed you now twice.

Just tell me why those don't count?

Just for once talk technically about SOMETHING.

Just once.

plate tectonics cannot be used to explain the warming we are seeing now.
Didn’t say it did. Plate tectonics set the conditions for earth’s climate. Of which the planet is uniquely configured for bipolar glaciation, colder temperatures and climate fluctuations.

Correlation does not prove causation. The geologic record is littered with warming and cooling trends that were not driven by CO2 or orbital forcing.

Well there's this:

"Prior to the Oligocene, and into the Mesozoic, the world had little or no polar ice (there is still debate as to the exact measure of ‘little or no’). Probably, there were small amounts of ice at least part of the time, for even in the late Cretaceous..." (SOURCE) (Again, you'll have to look up how long ago the Cretaceous was because you don't know any geology).

And then there's the Huronian "Snowball Earth" in the late Proterozoic (I will let you google how long ago the Proterozoic was).

Unlike you I'm not going to make sweeping generalizations because I know science is much more nuanced than that. Yes, it appears that most of what we know about the dynamics of the polar ice goes back mostly the last 15 million years. But clearly there's evidence that polar ice may have existed long before that.

Don't make sweeping positive claims you don't understand.

Then explain the currents I found and showed you now twice.

Just tell me why those don't count?

Just for once talk technically about SOMETHING.

Just once.
Those currents keep the ice from advancing by bringing in heat to the North Pole. Just like the currents around Antarctica keep the ice from advancing in the South Pole.

If there was no land around the arctic circle there would be no ice at the North Pole.

Well there's this:

"Prior to the Oligocene, and into the Mesozoic, the world had little or no polar ice (there is still debate as to the exact measure of ‘little or no’). Probably, there were small amounts of ice at least part of the time, for even in the late Cretaceous..." (SOURCE) (Again, you'll have to look up how long ago the Cretaceous was because you don't know any geology).

And then there's the Huronian "Snowball Earth" in the late Proterozoic (I will let you google how long ago the Proterozoic was).

Unlike you I'm not going to make sweeping generalizations because I know science is much more nuanced than that. Yes, it appears that most of what we know about the dynamics of the polar ice goes back mostly the last 15 million years. But clearly there's evidence that polar ice may have existed long before that.

Don't make sweeping positive claims you don't understand.
There was no ice at the North Pole during snowball earth.

Those currents keep the ice from advancing by bringing in heat to the North Pole.

:auiqs.jpg: You said it was ISOLATED from those currents. LOL.

Keep your story straight bub.

If there was no land around the arctic circle there would be no ice at the North Pole.

Remember when you said the Arctic was "landlocked"? LOL. That was hilarious!

You really are a treat. But I shouldn't laugh at someone who is so woefully unfamiliar with even basic GEOGRAPHY!

What a buffoon.

:auiqs.jpg: You said it was ISOLATED from those currents. LOL.

Keep your story straight bub.

Remember when you said the Arctic was "landlocked"? LOL. That was hilarious!

You really are a treat. But I shouldn't laugh at someone who is so woefully unfamiliar with even basic GEOGRAPHY!

What a buffoon.
There you go again arguing against plate tectonics driving the planet’s climate.

Forum List

Back