🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Every pre-born baby is conceived by, loved by, and wanted by God. The “choice” is His.

You just aren't happy with being able to follow your religion of choice. Why? Why do you believe you have the right to force your religion on complete strangers and the rest of our nation?

I'm not forcing my religion on anyone. I'm of the opinion to "live and let live", until it adversely affects a third person. And abortion most definitely and adversely affects a third person. That's where I draw the line.

Then apply that to you only.

There are millions of us that don't have your beliefs.

You based that belief on your religion which is your right but it's not your right to force that belief on those of us who don't believe it.

My faith is different from yours and by you expecting to have the right to force yours on me violates my right to freedom of religion. That first amendment doesn't mean you have the right to force your faith on anyone but your own self.

If that's a line for you you fine. Don't cross it. Don't have an abortion. Or if you're a man, keep your pants zipped or use a condom. Stop causing abortions by having unprotected sex or not keeping it in your pants.

That's not a line for me. It's not a line for millions of Americans and you have no right to force your lines on me or anyone else.

My line is when people like you believe you have the right to force your beliefs on our nation and people who don't share your beliefs. People like you who want to cause thousands of women to die each year because her pregnancy went wrong. People like you who barge into a total stranger's life to tell them what to do with their own body which is a violation of the constitution.

By the way, the bible isn't law in America. The constitution is. The constitution says everyone, including women, have privacy in their body. The constitution says everyone, including women, have the right to freedom of religion. You seem to believe that only applies to you and people who agree with your views.

So if you don't believe in abortion fine. Don't have one. But stop violating people's rights and the constitution by trying to force your beliefs on other people.

If you spent your time advocating for birth control and proper sex education then I would believe you had some respect and actually walked the walk you talk about. If you didn't like abortion you would be insisting that all forms of birth control are free and handed out on street corners. Yet you do the exact opposite. You support closing PP clinics that 97% of their work is preventing abortion by providing reliable birth control to women and men. You support employers not including birth control in their insurance benefits. You even don't want insurance companies to provide that birth control free. Even though the insurance companies want to and it's a good compromise to employers who don't want to include it in their insurance benefits. You cheer people being able to deny women birth control and want to close the very clinics that do the most to prevent abortions.

So I don't really buy your line about abortion. If you actually believed what you say, you would do all you can to prevent unwanted pregnancies. You do the opposite.

You would be surprised at the number of people that do support choice. These people have seen the repercussions of women that have had children and then severely neglected or abused them because they didn't want them in the first place.This is not a choice that I had to make. It's not a choice that many on this board have ever had to make. Yet, it is a free will/choice.This is used as a wedge issue.
`
In real time, I've seen arguments about this issue turn violent. I know this is a very HOT topic button with some people, so I generally avoid it all together. I just don't have a deep emotional connection to this controversy. Yes, it is very much a wedge issue.

It is indeed a great undertaking to assume to know what the Supreme One wills.

Thou shall not kill.
Be fruitful and multiply.

You just aren't happy with being able to follow your religion of choice.

Why?

Why do you believe you have the right to force your religion on complete strangers and the rest of our nation? Believe in your god all you want. No one is stoping you. However you're trying to stop me and other people who aren't christians from having the same rights as you and follow our religion of choice.

There are millions of Americans who aren't christians. We are so tired of only christians having the right to freedom of religion. For your information we who aren't christians have that exact same right and you have no right to force your religion on us.

So why not be happy to have the right to follow your faith? Stop trying to take that right from everyone else.

I don't believe in your bible. I don't believe in your god. So stop forcing it on me and millions of other Americans. We are so sick and tired of it.

No one is forcing you or anyone else to have an abortion. Why are you trying to force women to carry a pregnancy that they don't want?

And by the way, tell me what life is in an ectopic pregnancy.

I bet you don't even know what an ectopic pregnancy is and that there are only 2 outcomes to that situation. Either the woman has an abortion and lives or no abortion is performed and she dies. Over 65 thousand American women each year face an ectopic pregnancy. I guess you want all of them to die.

If you want to spend your life pregnant go for it but I have a feeling if you were a woman you wouldn't want to do that. I wouldn't be surprised if you're a man. It's easy for a man to say those things. You don't have to carry the pregnancy to term then raise that child.

Go pray in your church and follow your faith all you want. Stop forcing it on me and the rest of the nation.

Abortion is not a Christian issue, so your bigotry is completely unnecessary on this thread. There are plenty of prolifers who are atheist, agnostic or nonChristian. The fact that you seem unaware of that just shows how outdated the proabort opinions are, in addition to being extremely selfish and amoral.

Thou shall not kill.

Why?

Why do you believe you have the right to force your religion on complete strangers and the rest of our nation? Believe in your god all you want. No one is stoping you. However you're trying to stop me and other people who aren't christians from having the same rights as you and follow our religion of choice.

There are millions of Americans who aren't christians. We are so tired of only christians having the right to freedom of religion. For your information we who aren't christians have that exact same right and you have no right to force your religion on us.

So why not be happy to have the right to follow your faith? Stop trying to take that right from everyone else.

I don't believe in your bible. I don't believe in your god. So stop forcing it on me and millions of other Americans. We are so sick and tired of it.

No one is forcing you or anyone else to have an abortion. Why are you trying to force women to carry a pregnancy that they don't want?

I bet you don't even know what an ectopic pregnancy is and that there are only 2 outcomes to that situation. Either the woman has an abortion and lives or no abortion is performed and she dies. Over 65 thousand American women each year face an ectopic pregnancy. I guess you want all of them to die.

If you want to spend your life pregnant go for it but I have a feeling if you were a woman you wouldn't want to do that. I wouldn't be surprised if you're a man. It's easy for a man to say those things. You don't have to carry the pregnancy to term then raise that child.

Go pray in your church and follow your faith all you want. Stop forcing it on me and the rest of the nation.

Abortion is not a Christian issue, so your bigotry is completely unnecessary on this thread. There are plenty of prolifers who are atheist, agnostic or nonChristian. The fact that you seem unaware of that just shows how outdated the proabort opinions are, in addition to being extremely selfish and amoral.

I was replying to a person who's only post was 2 bible verses. I was replying to that person. That post. Not every person on the planet and certainly not you.

Bigotry isn't telling someone that it's fine for them to have the beliefs they have which is what I did. Bigotry isn't saying if that's your beliefs go for it. Which is what I did.

Bigotry is not tolerating other views. Bigotry is not tolerating other races. Bigotry is not tolerating other faiths.

Which is what the you and person I was replying to did.

I'm the person who accepts other faiths and don't expect them to follow mine. But I also expect that those who don't follow mine to have some respect for me, my faith and our constitution.

From what I can see you're the bigot who lied about my post.

Thou shall not kill.

Why?

I was replying to a person who's only post was 2 bible verses. I was replying to that person. That post. Not every person on the planet and certainly not you.

Bigotry isn't telling someone that it's fine for them to have the beliefs they have which is what I did. Bigotry isn't saying if that's your beliefs go for it. Which is what I did.

Bigotry is not tolerating other views. Bigotry is not tolerating other races. Bigotry is not tolerating other faiths.

I'm the person who accepts other faiths and don't expect them to follow mine. But I also expect that those who don't follow mine to have some respect for me, my faith and our constitution.

Bigotry is murdering the unborn. Stay downwind of me, ok?

For Planned Parenthood to defy Him is demonic and diabolical evil.

Then why does God kill 1/3 of his creations? Why do those who don't believe in God or that he cherishes every unborn child (there is ZERO evidence that he does and much that HE gave women choice, and for good reasons), hjave to follow what YOU believe.

Thou shall not kill.

Well first off the Bible is pretty clear that killing a fetus in utero isn't "murder", and that God thought much less of the unborn that today's Republicans. In the Bible, murder is punishable by death. But if a man injures a woman who is with child, and that child is stillborn, then the perpetrator must pay a fine to the husband for his loss. So the loss of a child is not "murder" according to the Bible.

Last but not least, if every zygotte is precious is His eyes, why do women miscarry? He COULD have made it so every fetus grows to term and is born healthy, but that doesn't happen. 1/3 of all pregnancies do not result in a live birth, naturally. This is evidence that God understood that there are times when having a baby isn't a good idea, and so he gave women an "out". God gave women choice. Only an idiot Republican would take it away.

the death of social conservatism. The remaining social conservatives could fill a Denny's in Dubuque, maybe.

Thou shall not kill.

Why?

Sigh. First of all, it’s a big fat lie that I don’t tolerate other faiths. I may not agree with all their beliefs, but I always respect when people acknowledge God, even if they are of a completely different religion. So don’t try to turn this around on me. I’m not the one writing long hateful rants about other religions.

My point stands, abortion is not a Christian issue, and someone posting a couple Bible verses isn’t forcing you to do anything. And making it strictly a Christian issue is akin to a strawman argument, as well as a way to deflect from the actual debate. Maybe a different messenger will be better for you? Here you go:

4870-A632-65-D8-454-D-A208-0-A4-D234-DBBFE.jpg

E480-C81-C-955-F-48-B8-BEA1-1-CF9-B22-F4-BCF.jpg

if this is so ...why does the bible give instructions on how to abort?

Where does it do that?

It's funny how many who profess to be christians and followers of that god, don't know what's in the book they claim their god wrote. Even though it was written by humans.

Read the book of Numbers for heaven's sake. I used to be a christian and have read that book from cover to cover a few times. Though it was in the early 70s. I know what's in that book For instance the book of Genesis says when the christian god believes life starts. Which it's when air is taken through the nose, not when an egg is fertilized.

I know that in the book of Numbers 5:11 to 5:31 your god tells you how to perform an abortion. Here it is since you're too lazy to read the book you believe your god wrote and is his words:

11 Then the Lord said to Moses, 12 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘If a man’s wife goes astray and is unfaithful to him 13 so that another man has sexual relations with her, and this is hidden from her husband and her impurity is undetected (since there is no witness against her and she has not been caught in the act), 14 and if feelings of jealousy come over her husband and he suspects his wife and she is impure—or if he is jealous and suspects her even though she is not impure— 15 then he is to take his wife to the priest. He must also take an offering of a tenth of an ephah[a] of barley flour on her behalf. He must not pour olive oil on it or put incense on it, because it is a grain offering for jealousy, a reminder-offering to draw attention to wrongdoing.

16 “‘The priest shall bring her and have her stand before the Lord. 17 Then he shall take some holy water in a clay jar and put some dust from the tabernacle floor into the water. 18 After the priest has had the woman stand before the Lord, he shall loosen her hair and place in her hands the reminder-offering, the grain offering for jealousy, while he himself holds the bitter water that brings a curse. 19 Then the priest shall put the woman under oath and say to her, “If no other man has had sexual relations with you and you have not gone astray and become impure while married to your husband, may this bitter water that brings a curse not harm you. 20 But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”— 21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the Lord cause you to become a curse among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell. 22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.”

“‘Then the woman is to say, “Amen. So be it.”

That's not an abortion. You're also referring to the old testament which is under law. Your quotes from the bible are completely out of context. I actually feel embarrassed for you.

for your OP to be correct, you have to prove there is a god
and don't do the stupid crap ''prove there isn't''

if this is so ...why does the bible give instructions on how to abort?

Where does it do that?

It's funny how many who profess to be christians and followers of that god, don't know what's in the book they claim their god wrote. Even though it was written by humans.

Read the book of Numbers for heaven's sake. I used to be a christian and have read that book from cover to cover a few times. Though it was in the early 70s. I know what's in that book For instance the book of Genesis says when the christian god believes life starts. Which it's when air is taken through the nose, not when an egg is fertilized.

I know that in the book of Numbers 5:11 to 5:31 your god tells you how to perform an abortion. Here it is since you're too lazy to read the book you believe your god wrote and is his words:

11 Then the Lord said to Moses, 12 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘If a man’s wife goes astray and is unfaithful to him 13 so that another man has sexual relations with her, and this is hidden from her husband and her impurity is undetected (since there is no witness against her and she has not been caught in the act), 14 and if feelings of jealousy come over her husband and he suspects his wife and she is impure—or if he is jealous and suspects her even though she is not impure— 15 then he is to take his wife to the priest. He must also take an offering of a tenth of an ephah[a] of barley flour on her behalf. He must not pour olive oil on it or put incense on it, because it is a grain offering for jealousy, a reminder-offering to draw attention to wrongdoing.

16 “‘The priest shall bring her and have her stand before the Lord. 17 Then he shall take some holy water in a clay jar and put some dust from the tabernacle floor into the water. 18 After the priest has had the woman stand before the Lord, he shall loosen her hair and place in her hands the reminder-offering, the grain offering for jealousy, while he himself holds the bitter water that brings a curse. 19 Then the priest shall put the woman under oath and say to her, “If no other man has had sexual relations with you and you have not gone astray and become impure while married to your husband, may this bitter water that brings a curse not harm you. 20 But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”— 21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the Lord cause you to become a curse among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell. 22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.”

“‘Then the woman is to say, “Amen. So be it.”

Sorry, but you are absolutely wrong, and if you were a Christian you should have known that if something seems strange, always go to the original texts. God is not telling people how to perform an abortion, and that passage has nothing to do with abortion.

You are using one of the worst translations, which changed the entire meaning by using the word “miscarriage” which is not what it said in the original language. If you look at Numbers 5:21, in just about every bible version, the word “miscarriage” is not used. Only in the NIV and a couple other modern translations... which is why you’re supposed to cross reference and look at all the translations, especially with something like this.

The passage does talk about what will happen if the wife indeed was guilty of adultery, but it’s not about abortion or miscarriage.

You can read more here: Is Numbers 5:11-31 referring to God causing an abortion? What was the jealousy offering?

Now let’s go to a passage that truly reflects the heart of God, when it comes to the pre-born:

Psalm 139:13-16

For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.

My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.

Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.​

There are others too, but it shouldn’t even need to be posted because the issue of abortion is not a religious one. It’s about when human life begins, and that is a scientific matter which is absolutely undeniable.

Last edited:
The end of suffering, however, is guaranteed.

Not according to the Bible Thumpers. Man, you die, and God is just getting started on torturing your ass. If you didn't follow the right religion that 99% of us don't follow....

For Planned Parenthood to defy Him is demonic and diabolical evil.
I am god and just because you can screw and get a pregnancy does not mean I wanted it! That is your foolish ignorant thought.

That makes zero sense. Unless one is mentally retarded, everyone knows that sex can lead to pregnancy. If you’re saying something completely different, then rephrase it, because what you said is nonsensical.

One of the downfalls of modern American Christianity is we have made it milquetoast.

No, that's not a "downfall". The Bible was written by savages for savages. God didn't change his mind on slavery or stoning your daughter to death for not having an intact hymen, so we changed ours.

One of the downfalls of modern American Christianity is we have made it milquetoast.

No, that's not a "downfall". The Bible was written by savages for savages. God didn't change his mind on slavery or stoning your daughter to death for not having an intact hymen, so we changed ours.

Right. If your non-intact hymen just happens to create a daughter, you can now waltz into a late-stage abortion clinic and have said daughter injected with poison so she will die in the womb, then have her limbs ripped apart piece by piece now.

This is called a "woman's choice", see, and you ghouls call is good. Even in the gross mischaracterization above, no one called any of this "good". But offing your baby? Oh, that's a "right". It's good. You march in the streets for it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back