Exactly Why the Democrats Go Down in Flames in 2014

WelfareQueen

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2013
Uranus
Okay Kids,

Here is exactly what happens to the Democrats in 2014. There are two options. Each one is a disaster. Both involve Obamacare.

Option 1. Obama enforces the employer mandate. If this happens it could save Obamacare. Without the employer mandate the risk pool sucks, there is no evolution to single payer, and Obamacare is economically unsustainable.

The bad news. Roughly 100 million Americans lose their employer based insurance. Both HHS and the Justice Dept are already estimating half to 2/3 of employer based insurance goes away immediately. If this happens the mid term election is an historic bloodbath for Democrats (if it is not already).

Option 2. King Obama decides he will not enforce the employer mandate for yet another year. Roughly 100 million Americans get to keep their employer based insurance. Dems will obviously do better in the mid term elections.

The bad news. Another year long delay in the employer mandate means Obamacare likely collapses under it own weight due to a very poor risk pool that will not be filled with working folks and their families with money, but instead filled with the old, sick, poor and unemployed (i.e. no people who can go into the exchanges and actually buy something).

So Dems, those are your choices. Enforce the employer mandate and potentially save Obamacare, but lose massively in the mid term election (and many elections thereafter).

Or, delay the employer mandate yet again, and probably kill Obamacare. What do you do?

Okay Kids,

Here is exactly what happens to the Democrats in 2014. There are two options. Each one is a disaster. Both involve Obamacare.

Option 1. Obama enforces the employer mandate. If this happens it could save Obamacare. Without the employer mandate the risk pool sucks, there is no evolution to single payer, and Obamacare is economically unsustainable.

The bad news. Roughly 100 million Americans lose their employer based insurance. Both HHS and the Justice Dept are already estimating half to 2/3 of employer based insurance goes away immediately. If this happens the mid term election is an historic bloodbath for Democrats (if it is not already).

Option 2. King Obama decides he will not enforce the employer mandate for yet another year. Roughly 100 million Americans get to keep their employer based insurance. Dems will obviously do better in the mid term elections.

The bad news. Another year long delay in the employer mandate means Obamacare likely collapses under it own weight due to a very poor risk pool that will not be filled with working folks and their families with money, but instead filled with the old, sick, poor and unemployed (i.e. no people who can go into the exchanges and actually buy something).

So Dems, those are your choices. Enforce the employer mandate and potentially save Obamacare, but lose massively in the mid term election (and many elections thereafter).

Or, delay the employer mandate yet again, and probably kill Obamacare. What do you do?

Pretty much nailed it.

Wow, you guys are delusional.

Most employer programs ALREADY meet the mandate. This is kind of what you don't get, is that unilke individual plans, the pools for employers are large enough to spread the risk around.

Now, yeah, here's the number you keep taking out of context that every year, the old plans are cancelled and they have to come up with new plans that are usually 90% the same as the old one.

I think what you guys are a bit confused about is that there is a plan called "ObamaCare" that is actually paying out money. There really isn't. It's just an expansion and mandates on existing plans.

Okay Kids,

BWA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!! BWA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
My sides !!! My sides !!!!! :lol::lol::lol: republicans are sitting at a 26% reelection percentage and the dems at a 49% reelection percentage ...... talk about wishful thinking :9:

Most employer programs ALREADY meet the mandate. This is kind of what you don't get, is that unilke individual plans, the pools for employers are large enough to spread the risk around.

Now, yeah, here's the number you keep taking out of context that every year, the old plans are cancelled and they have to come up with new plans that are usually 90% the same as the old one.

I think what you guys are a bit confused about is that there is a plan called "ObamaCare" that is actually paying out money. There really isn't. It's just an expansion and mandates on existing plans.

Joe,

Try reading it again, more slowly. The Obama Administration is saying half to 2/3 of all employer based insurances goes away immediately when the employer mandate kicks in. This was filed by the Justice Dept as a finding of fact submitted in a legal brief to a Federal Court. I am not saying this....Obama is saying it.

Joe,

Try reading it again, more slowly. The Obama Administration is saying half to 2/3 of all employer based insurances goes away immediately when the employer mandate kicks in. This was filed by the Justice Dept as a finding of fact submitted in a legal brief to a Federal Court. I am not saying this....Obama is saying it.

Guy, you keep taking that out of context, but, no, not really.

I mean, I know you really, really, really need to believe this....

I'm just not sure why the thought of poor people getting health insurance horrifies you so much.

Oh, yeah... because "Freedom" or something.

Okay Kids,

BWA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!! BWA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
My sides !!! My sides !!!!! :lol::lol::lol: republicans are sitting at a 26% reelection percentage and the dems at a 49% reelection percentage ...... talk about wishful thinking :9:

Girlfriend, The numbers you pulled out of your ass are cute....but sadly not real. I never make shit up. Here's a link to the Generic Congressional ballot. The Dems had +9 lead over Republicans before the Obamacare rollout. That lead is gone. The last two polls show Republicans up +1 and +3. Try again. :)

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Generic Congressional Vote

Okay Kids,

Forget to take your meds this morning, billy?

Joe,

I'm just not sure why the thought of poor people getting health insurance horrifies you so much.

Joe...do you understand this, yes or no? According to the Obama Administration, half to 2/3 of all employer based insurance get cancelled or termed as soon as the employer mandate gets enforced. This point is not debatable. It is fact...per the Obama Administration. :)

Last edited:

Joe,

I'm just not sure why people buying their own insurance as opposed to buying it from the government horrifies you so much.

Oh, yeah, because you "like to help the poor" or something. Gee, how does buying a plan more expensive than the one you just got kicked off of because Democrats "like helping the poor" helping the poor, exactly?

Give me an effing break.

[

Joe...do you understand this, yes or no? According to the Obama Administration, half to 2/3 of all employer based insurance get cancelled or termed as soon as the employer mandate gets enforced.

Guy, I understand you don't have God's first fucking clue as to how group plans work.

I know you DESPERATELY need people to be in a panic about this, because, honestly, panic is all you guys have.

Okay Kids,

they say it is all good

--LOL

[

I'm just not sure why people buying their own insurance as opposed to buying it from the government horrifies you so much.

Oh, yeah, because you "like to help the poor" or something. Gee, how does buying a plan more expensive than the one you just got kicked off of because Democrats "like helping the poor" helping the poor, exactly?

Give me an effing break.

Probably because having been FUCKED IN THE ASS by a big insurance company because I had some silly idea that when I paid into an insurance plan and worked for insurance coverage, I wouldn't lose my job after I made a claim.

Here's the thing. The Insurance industry are a real bunch of lying, cheating scumbags, every last one of them. But you clowns on the right INSISTED that instead of going to a cheaper, more efficient and more equitable SINGLE PAYER plan like every other country has gone to, we just HAD to preserve private insurance's slice of the pie.

"Oh, my God, we can't cheat our customers anymore?"

[

Joe...do you understand this, yes or no? According to the Obama Administration, half to 2/3 of all employer based insurance get cancelled or termed as soon as the employer mandate gets enforced.

Guy, I understand you don't have God's first fucking clue as to how group plans work.

I know you DESPERATELY need people to be in a panic about this, because, honestly, panic is all you guys have.

Firstly, that's coming from someone who advocates a government who has not the slightest clue as to how to code a healthcare website properly.

Secondly, when 5.5 million people get kicked off of their insurance because you 'like helping the poor get health insurance' there is bound to be panic, dontcha think?

Do you have any fucking clue how the health insurance industry works?

Last edited:

Joe,

thats because 2/3 of those policies ether will have the ability to raise your rates when you get ill, or cancel you because of a preexisting condition that you forgot to report ... or they really don't cover anything at all ... right now those policy don't fit the health care requirements ... so their provider has to bring it up to the standard of health care ... what they will find out is the company will pay less money for more coverage ... many company who have gone ahead and sign up for the new plans have discovered this... the republican party has left that tiny piece of info out... I wonder why...

P.S.
obama isn't saying this the justice dept is ...

Last edited:
[

Joe I have been a healthcare provider for over 25 years and did Hospital and Physician contracting and Provider relations for United Healthcare for over 8 of those years. I know exactly what I'm talking about.

Quote from the Obama Justice Dept.

The words of the Justice Department lawyers are unmistakable.

“It is projected that more group health plans will transition to the requirements under the regulations as time goes on … Defendants have estimated that a majority of group health plans will have lost their grandfather status by the end 2013.”

The legal brief was filed before Obama decided not to enforce the employer mandate, Here's a link to the full story.

The lying continues as Obamacare has group insurance policies cancelled | Washington Times Communities

[

Give me an effing break.

Probably because having been FUCKED IN THE ASS by a big insurance company because I had some silly idea that when I paid into an insurance plan and worked for insurance coverage, I wouldn't lose my job after I made a claim.

Here's the thing. The Insurance industry are a real bunch of lying, cheating scumbags, every last one of them. But you clowns on the right INSISTED that instead of going to a cheaper, more efficient and more equitable SINGLE PAYER plan like every other country has gone to, we just HAD to preserve private insurance's slice of the pie.

"Oh, my God, we can't cheat our customers anymore?"

Oh dear. You just don't grasp it, do you? How can you advocate one group of 'lying cheating scumbags' in the government trying to put another group of 'lying, cheating scumbags' in their place?

Do you not see the conundrum here? First, I would like to know how a plan under Obamacare is 'cheaper', second, I would like to know why we must be 'like every other country'?

"Oh, my God, I JUST LOST MY INSURANCE! Thank you Obamacare!"

[

Joe I have been a healthcare provider for over 25 years and did Hospital and Physician contracting and Provider relations for United Healthcare for over 8 of those years. I know exactly what I'm talking about.

I have to dip my toe in that stuff occasionally and holy crap, I don't know how you folks do it. My best friend is a VP with a medical billing software company, and he says it's a massive clusterfuck. The rules keep changing, there ARE no rules yet in some cases, and it's costing his company BIG.

No surprise, of course, but I hate to see him going through this. He's just this side of a basket case right now.

Forum List

Back