Explain to us Libs, what is a living wage?

You know you cannot have an adult conversation with some on this message board. This thread is not about child labor laws and how a living wage would effect those minors

This thread was about working people and what they get paid as a living wage, at no time was this intended to be about child labor laws.
If any of you think they should make the same as a an adult, fine. To be honest I never gave it any thought as there are already laws in place that minimize the times minors work as well as the hours they work. Any-way you feel like they should the same as a person who is an adult and longer goes to school that's fine with me
I do not know of any LPNs in hi school, nor do I know any-one who works in a grocery store in hi. school who also does other things than entry level work

Why is this so difficult for you to grasp? NEWS FLASH: Kids in high school do work hourly jobs. I did growing up. I don't have a reason to lie here JRK. I was hired at the same time for the same job (cashier) as another woman in her late 20's to early 30's with a couple of kids. Now according to you even though we were hired at the same time to do the same work, she should be paid more than me for no other reason than she needs the money to live off of and I don't. Either admit it or modify your position, but this doesn't have shit to do with child labor laws.

This thread was about working people and what they get paid as a living wage, at no time was this intended to be about child labor laws.
If any of you think they should make the same as a an adult, fine. To be honest I never gave it any thought as there are already laws in place that minimize the times minors work as well as the hours they work. Any-way you feel like they should the same as a person who is an adult and longer goes to school that's fine with me
I do not know of any LPNs in hi school, nor do I know any-one who works in a grocery store in hi. school who also does other things than entry level work

Why is this so difficult for you to grasp? NEWS FLASH: Kids in high school do work hourly jobs. I did growing up. I don't have a reason to lie here JRK. I was hired at the same time for the same job (cashier) as another woman in her late 20's to early 30's with a couple of kids. Now according to you even though we were hired at the same time to do the same work, she should be paid more than me for no other reason than she needs the money to live off of and I don't. Either admit it or modify your position, but this doesn't have shit to do with child labor laws.

Thats not what I meant you fucking race baiters
fuck you too, I have no respect for you either anymore and nothing else to say to you or any body else who thinks what I meant was 17 year old kids should be performing LPN duties and get m7.00 and hour
Your an idiot to even think that

I have nothing else to say to you

fuck you too, I have no respect for you either anymore and nothing else to say to you or any body else who thinks what I meant was 17 year old kids should be performing LPN duties and get m7.00 and hour

RACE? I don't believe race has been a factor in any post in this thread until you brought it up just now. Look, those on this thread who call for a "living wage" do so saying that people should be able to work at any job and make enough to "live" off of......which they say isn't the minimum wage Then it starts getting fuzzy. No one is talking about LPN's which take training and skill. They say any job. Most minimum wage jobs are low to no skill jobs that teenagers, retired people or second incomers take for a little spending cash. This includes stuff like sacking groceries, taking tickets at the theater, working at fast food, etc. The folks calling for a living wage think that a 25, 30 or 45 year old working at one of those jobs should make a living wage because it is "fair" and they "deserve" it. Some put that wage anywhere from $11 to $35. Don't get butt hurt over the discussion. Some of us have been arguing these points for several days with folks who have nothing more than fair and deserved as their reasoning.

RACE? I don't believe race has been a factor in any post in this thread until you brought it up just now. Look, those on this thread who call for a "living wage" do so saying that people should be able to work at any job and make enough to "live" off of......which they say isn't the minimum wage Then it starts getting fuzzy. No one is talking about LPN's which take training and skill. They say any job. Most minimum wage jobs are low to no skill jobs that teenagers, retired people or second incomers take for a little spending cash. This includes stuff like sacking groceries, taking tickets at the theater, working at fast food, etc. The folks calling for a living wage think that a 25, 30 or 45 year old working at one of those jobs should make a living wage because it is "fair" and they "deserve" it. Some put that wage anywhere from $11 to $35. Don't get butt hurt over the discussion. Some of us have been arguing these points for several days with folks who have nothing more than fair and deserved as their reasoning.

So what are suppose to do? every time we have a conversation about chickens we bring in a turkey so we can later say "gotcha?"
Fair?
Deserve it?

close to 50% of the people in this country are getting some sort of help from the tax payer AND are paying no taxes
whats fair about that? Have you ever thought about what a real living wage for an ADULT might do for our deficit?

So what are suppose to do? every time we have a conversation about chickens we bring in a turkey so we can later say "gotcha?"
Fair?
Deserve it?

close to 50% of the people in this country are getting some sort of help from the tax payer AND are paying no taxes
whats fair about that? Have you ever thought about what a real living wage for an ADULT might do for our deficit?

What's fair about that? That it's not true.

The 50% do pay Payroll Taxes, which are not taken into account when citing that 50% statistic.

The 50% statistic refers ONLY to Federal Income tax. Not state. Not SSI. Not medicair.

Hey dick head, that's not the same thing, you went straight to the top of my shit list bud. This was an adult conversation about what we pay adults trying to make a living out here and you fucking race baited me and you know it
Never respond to one of my threads again scum bag

I "race baited" you? I never mentioned race. I simply quibbled with your claim that it was fair to pay a teenager less than a high school graduate who were doing the exact same job.

Fair?
Deserve it?

There are over 550 post in this thread. You jumped in at the end. No one is throwing in a turkey in a thread about chickens.

Fair?
Deserve it?

There are over 550 post in this thread. You jumped in at the end. No one is throwing in a turkey in a thread about chickens.

HMMMMM
would you please look at the threads authors name?
THIS MY THREAD DUMBASS

The only fair thing to do would be for 50% of the people in the country send me $1. Wouldn't hurt them one bit.

Hey dick head, that's not the same thing, you went straight to the top of my shit list bud. This was an adult conversation about what we pay adults trying to make a living out here and you fucking race baited me and you know it
Never respond to one of my threads again scum bag

I "race baited" you? I never mentioned race. I simply quibbled with your claim that it was fair to pay a teenager less than a high school graduate who were doing the exact same job.

you are a world class race baiter, this thread which I BEGAN was never intended to be about teenagers
I dont care bud, you now and I know what you did, the only question is yours to answer is why?

Fair?
Deserve it?

What's fair about that? That it's not true.

The 50% do pay Payroll Taxes, which are not taken into account when citing that 50% statistic.

The 50% statistic refers ONLY to Federal Income tax. Not state. Not SSI. Not medicair.

You sir are incorrect. The 50% stat is most usually identified as income tax. The payroll taxes are something entirely different. They are programs a person pays into today to fund benefits later in life. If you have a job.......any job, regardless of what it pays, your employer is required by law to withhold those. Income tax is a whole different animal and is what funds government and it's myriad entitlement programs. People receiving welfare, food stamps, etc. are not paying a dime in income tax while the other 50% are paying the income tax that funds these programs. I passed the OWS 99 in my truck last night on the way home from work. Those who claim to be part of the 99 and protesting the 1% are made up largely of the 50% who pay 0. In thruth, the 1% make 18% of the wealth in this country, yet they are paying 39% of the taxes. The 50% who call themselves the 99, are paying 0. You know, if I were them, I don't think I'd be calling so much attention to myself. When people start figuring out that this ungrateful people are biting the hand that feeds them, they might start having demands placed on them to put a little skin in the game.

Fair?
Deserve it?

HMMMMM
THIS MY THREAD DUMBASS

You do realize that you don't own the thread just because you started it, correct asswad? Threads grow from the OP and you have no control over that. Go ahead, try to delete it, lock it, etc.

This really is a valid point. If we base wages on who NEEDS to make more money than somebody else, that puts the employer in the role of social worker for which he likely has neither the training nor the inclination to be. Once women were paid less than men for the same work on the theory that they had a husband to support them and therefore didn't NEED to make as much. But as Americans almost always do, they eventually got around to seeing that as the indefensible position that it was and have mostly corrected it.

The fact is, a given job has a given value to the employer. ANYBODY doing that job, unless it is a benevolent apprentice or intern position just to help somebody gain knowledge and experience to get a real job, should be paid the specified wage for doing that job. If the job allows for some 'extra credit' so that the employee can make himself more valuable than just doing the job description, so much the better. That will usually allow him or her to merit additional pay, bonuses, perks etc.

Some jobs are pretty dead end jobs though. The best we can hope for from those are to do them so well, efficiently, and competently that we will merit a promotion and more responsiblity that comes with better pay. Otherwise, if we want more money than our job is likely to be worth to our employer, we better be studying, learning, educating, or training ourselves to qualify for something better.

Those unwilling to do that pretty well deserve exactly what they get paid.

Go play that game you chicken shit. no body here said that. All anyone here is asking you to do is clarify what you DID mean. Because right now, whether you think so or not, what it is sounding like is, regardless of the job, LPN or mcdonalds burger flipper, if 2 people are hired for the same job at the same time, the person who needs the income to live off of should be paid a living wage, while the person who does not can be paid less. It's a pretty fucking simple question; Should two people hired at the same time for the same job be paid differently based on their income needs? Yes or No.

HMMMMM
THIS MY THREAD DUMBASS

You do realize that you don't own the thread just because you started it, correct asswad? Threads grow from the OP and you have no control over that. Go ahead, try to delete it, lock it, etc.

kwc, your avatar looks alot like Dabs', ...with shorter teeth and less makeup...

Forum List

Back