Exploitation

And the Republican Party itself says 1854, which means you're full of shit.
:cuckoo:

Do you mean that Jefferson and Madison did not found a Republican party in 1793?? and that the party they founded did not stand for freedom from big liberal govt??

Moreover Jefferson and Madison WERE Liberals.

you mean Classical liberals who stood for very very limited govt.

Here's a reading list to get you started:
Epstein’s most recent book, The Classical Liberal Constitution: The Uncertain Quest for Limited Government, seeks to explain and defend his theory of constitutional understanding.

I mean Liberals.

Apparently on the one hand you want "Liberal" to mean two different things in different times, yet you also want "Republican" to mean the same thing to two different parties.

Having it both ways: Wacko.

Furthermore you claimed they formed the Democratic-Republican Party (its actual name) to oppose Liberalism. They did not. They opposed Federalism.

None of which has jack squatsola to do with this fucking topic.

Moreover Jefferson and Madison WERE Liberals.

you mean Classical liberals who stood for very very limited govt.

Here's a reading list to get you started:
Epstein’s most recent book, The Classical Liberal Constitution: The Uncertain Quest for Limited Government, seeks to explain and defend his theory of constitutional understanding.

I mean Liberals.

Apparently on the one hand you want "Liberal" to mean two different things in different times, yet you also want "Republican" to mean the same thing to two different parties.

Busted.

Having it both ways: Wacko.

dear, I gave you a reading list to begin your lesson. Yes a word's meaning can change over time.

Whats really incredibly stupid is that you want Jefferson to be a liberal when he stood for very very very limited govt!! Its too stupid for words. Do you understand? You don't belong in American, you belong in Cuba. Do you see why liberals spied for the big liberal govts of Hitler and Stallin?

Wacko allowance exceeded. Unsubscribed.
You enjoy your mushrooms.

Whats really incredibly stupid is that you want Jefferson to be a liberal when he stood for very very very limited govt!! Its too stupid for words. Do you understand?

I'm new to the forum, and haven't gotten the general consensus of what kind of forum this is and which way it "sways". I lean more towards incorporating marxist ideas into my thoughts - so I'm hoping I don't get flamed.

This is more of a rant thread. Because there's one thing I seriously don't understand and it's mindless loyalty. I work for a large retail store which does about 100k+ in sales a day.
Forget about minimum wage workers, there is exploitation at every single solitary level - just the more money you have the less you care about being exploited.
I don't care if you're the store manager or the cashier. The store manager should think to themselves, wow there are 365 days a year, they paid my entire salary in about a day. The cashier should say - wow it took one order for them to pay me this hour. Same thing goes for a surgeon, a doctor - even though they're "rolling in the dough" someone is laughing all the way to the bank for their hard work.

Of course there is incentive to protect assets, because when the company does good, it doesn't go underground and therefore you have a job. Blah blah get more educated and you'll get a better job, the point here is that at every single level there is horrible exploitation, yet there is no serious rebellion. And the response is to get better educated. :eusa_wall:
Ok, I'm sure that that's all perfectly clear in your head, but you never explain exactly what you consider exploitation or why it's exploitative.

Always define your terms an explain your concepts. Never assume that people will understand your unstated assumptions.

Sorry, you're right I assumed.

In capitalism, a worker is exploited because their time and the work they perform is more valuable than what they are paid. Thus forth, it is exploitation. An employer in a for-profit place obviously does not hire a worker if they aren't worth it/or are equally worth it. because capitalism is all about profit.

My issue is why people are ok with this. I'm simply arguing that the contentment among individuals goes up as wages go higher, but the exploitation is still there because the person would literally not be there if they weren't being taken advantage of.

This is why the concept of a fair wage is ironic lol

Why are workers OK with the company they work for making a profit? They wouldn't have a job otherwise. That's why.

I'm new to the forum, and haven't gotten the general consensus of what kind of forum this is and which way it "sways". I lean more towards incorporating marxist ideas into my thoughts - so I'm hoping I don't get flamed.

This is more of a rant thread. Because there's one thing I seriously don't understand and it's mindless loyalty. I work for a large retail store which does about 100k+ in sales a day.
Forget about minimum wage workers, there is exploitation at every single solitary level - just the more money you have the less you care about being exploited.
I don't care if you're the store manager or the cashier. The store manager should think to themselves, wow there are 365 days a year, they paid my entire salary in about a day. The cashier should say - wow it took one order for them to pay me this hour. Same thing goes for a surgeon, a doctor - even though they're "rolling in the dough" someone is laughing all the way to the bank for their hard work.

Of course there is incentive to protect assets, because when the company does good, it doesn't go underground and therefore you have a job. Blah blah get more educated and you'll get a better job, the point here is that at every single level there is horrible exploitation, yet there is no serious rebellion. And the response is to get better educated. :eusa_wall:
Ok, I'm sure that that's all perfectly clear in your head, but you never explain exactly what you consider exploitation or why it's exploitative.

Always define your terms an explain your concepts. Never assume that people will understand your unstated assumptions.

In capitalism, a worker is exploited because their time and the work they perform is more valuable than what they are paid. Thus forth, it is exploitation. An employer in a for-profit place obviously does not hire a worker if they aren't worth it/or are equally worth it. because capitalism is all about profit.

My issue is why people are ok with this. I'm simply arguing that the contentment among individuals goes up as wages go higher, but the exploitation is still there because the person would literally not be there if they weren't being taken advantage of.

Why are workers OK with the company they work for making a profit? They wouldn't have a job otherwise. That's why.

No, we could have all non-profit organizations. With profit incentive comes innovative techniques, but we could get all the work we need to get done without making any profits. But why don't we? Even the non-profits are screwed up.

No, we could have all non-profit organizations. With profit incentive comes innovative techniques, but we could get all the work we need to get done without making any profits. But why don't we? Even the non-profits are screwed up.

In short, without profits you have communism and en mass starvation. Profits tell a society what works and what does not. Then the society knows where to invest, rather than waste, its very scarce resources.

Do you understand?

Forum List

Back