Exposing the lies about taxes

No, it's an understanding that we have an obligation to our elderly when they are no longer able to work.

It's what a civilized society does.

Frankly, what you guys want is all the advantages of living in a civilized society and none of the responsibilities.

The sooner the GOP tells you Libertarian loons to fuck off, the better.

If the crooks in the government let people keep the 15% of their income that is stolen for the slush fund then people would be able to take care of themselves without the government being involved.

And we can't have that now can we?

I keep a copy of my Q4 2008 401K statement as a reminder of how much the 'private sector' can be trusted to "take care" of me in my old age.

That's the one where the money I seeded into it over the previous six years vanished in about six months.

The only crooks I see are the 1%ers who whing about how much they are paying in taxes when they ride their dressage ponies.

That's your problem you expect other people to take care of you.

And stop whining about the stock market. You would be free to invest your 15% in US treasury bonds if you wanted to that way you could be assured of living just as impoverished as if you allowed the government to steal your money for SS.

Exposing the lies about taxes

Once again we see the parasite class is not paying their fair share while the upper class in this nation are burdened with paying damn near everything.

The bottom 50% earns 12% of the wealth but pays just 2% of the taxes. Meanwhile the top 1% earns 19% of the wealth but pays 37% of the taxes.

And?

And stop whining about the stock market. You would be free to invest your 15% in US treasury bonds if you wanted to that way you could be assured of living just as impoverished as if you allowed the government to steal your money for SS

If you did that, we would be taking care of you. Taxation is not theft. You are not right. This will not change. Move to another country with taxation more to your liking.

Social security is nothing but forced dependence on government, a fact that you sheep are too stupid to realize.

No, social security is a service that the government provides for you that allows you not to have to fuck with putting money aside, and managing it, etc., your whole working life. And they do it in a highly efficient manner.

I've been getting SS for a short time and it pays my bills. My 2 pensions pay for my fun. I am very thankful the government took that money out of every paycheck I ever earned.

Once again we see the parasite class is not paying their fair share while the upper class in this nation are burdened with paying damn near everything.

The bottom 50% earns 12% of the wealth but pays just 2% of the taxes. Meanwhile the top 1% earns 19% of the wealth but pays 37% of the taxes.

top10-percent-income-earners-6005.jpg

Would you care to tell us which of those groups you fall into?

No, it's an understanding that we have an obligation to our elderly when they are no longer able to work.

It's what a civilized society does.

Frankly, what you guys want is all the advantages of living in a civilized society and none of the responsibilities.

The sooner the GOP tells you Libertarian loons to fuck off, the better.

If the crooks in the government let people keep the 15% of their income that is stolen for the slush fund then people would be able to take care of themselves without the government being involved.

So you think that money management skills are something that the vast majority of Americans are good at eh? Got any proof of that. Or are you just dreaming?

My observations as a mortgage loan officer for 18 years were that the majority of citizens sucked at managing their money. But granted, I wan't talking to millions of Americans.

I am sure your experience is much different. What do you do that makes you think our fellow citizens are good at managing money?

It's not rocket science.

I can give you a list of hundreds of no load low cost mutual funds that have out performed the S&P for 20 years or better.

And why is it my responsibility if other people are too lazy or stupid to learn even the basics of handling their own money.

And if people are too stupid or too lazy to learn they can buy US treasury bonds and that way guarantee they will live in the same impoverished standard allowed by the current SS scheme while those who decide to be responsible and learn about investing will retire much wealthier.

Social security is nothing but forced dependence on government, a fact that you sheep are too stupid to realize.

No, social security is a service that the government provides for you that allows you not to have to fuck with putting money aside, and managing it, etc., your whole working life. And they do it in a highly efficient manner.

I've been getting SS for a short time and it pays my bills. My 2 pensions pay for my fun. I am very thankful the government took that money out of every paycheck I ever earned.

Efficient?

My ass. If you actually took the time to calculate how much money has been taken from you for Ss and then figure out what that money would be worth if you saved it yourself in a balanced portfolio you would be disgusted at how poorly the government handled your money

So you think that money management skills are something that the vast majority of Americans are good at eh? Got any proof of that. Or are you just dreaming?

My observations as a mortgage loan officer for 18 years were that the majority of citizens sucked at managing their money. But granted, I wan't talking to millions of Americans.

I am sure your experience is much different. What do you do that makes you think our fellow citizens are good at managing money?

It's not rocket science.

I can give you a list of hundreds of no load low cost mutual funds that have out performed the S&P for 20 years or better.

And why is it my responsibility if other people are too lazy or stupid to learn even the basics of handling their own money.

And if people are too stupid or too lazy to learn they can buy US treasury bonds and that way guarantee they will live in the same impoverished standard allowed by the current SS scheme while those who decide to be responsible and learn about investing will retire much wealthier.

Social Security buys treasury bonds.

I keep a copy of my Q4 2008 401K statement as a reminder of how much the 'private sector' can be trusted to "take care" of me in my old age.

That's the one where the money I seeded into it over the previous six years vanished in about six months.

The only crooks I see are the 1%ers who whing about how much they are paying in taxes when they ride their dressage ponies.

That's your problem you expect other people to take care of you.

And stop whining about the stock market. You would be free to invest your 15% in US treasury bonds if you wanted to that way you could be assured of living just as impoverished as if you allowed the government to steal your money for SS.

Or I can just be part of a civilized society.

YOu see, the problem with "investment' ist hat ALL I get is my 15%. With social Security, I get back everything I paid into it if I live to 72. If I live to 80, I'm coming out way ahead, laughing at the 1%ers when we raise the tax on those fuckers to keep the system afloat.

Skull Pilot, you and millions of others want to privatize your profit and socialize the risk on the rest of us.

Not going to happen.

What's the lie? I don't know of anyone denying that the richest Americans pay higher taxes than the poorest Americans.

It's not the amount it's the disproportionate percentage.

It's only in the top ten percent if you look at that chart and the only remedy would be to cut taxes for those ten percent and raise everyone else's,

including yours I'm guessing.

And stop whining about the stock market. You would be free to invest your 15% in US treasury bonds if you wanted to that way you could be assured of living just as impoverished as if you allowed the government to steal your money for SS

If you did that, we would be taking care of you. Taxation is not theft. You are not right. This will not change. Move to another country with taxation more to your liking.

Why should I move when I can work to change the taxes here?

Just because a sheep like you is too stupid to realize that the government does not have your best interests in mind does not mean I have to move

What's the lie? I don't know of anyone denying that the richest Americans pay higher taxes than the poorest Americans.

It's not the amount it's the disproportionate percentage.

It's only in the top ten percent if you look at that chart and the only remedy would be to cut taxes for those ten percent and raise everyone else's,

including yours I'm guessing.

Sorry to disappoint but I pay an effective tax rate of over 22%

Skull Pilot, you and millions of others want to privatize your profit and socialize the risk on the rest of us.

Not going to happen.

Wrong again.

I just want to be able to control the 15% of the money the government steals from me.

If you want to give yours to the inept crooks in DC then go ahead.

Efficient?

My ass. If you actually took the time to calculate how much money has been taken from you for Ss and then figure out what that money would be worth if you saved it yourself in a balanced portfolio you would be disgusted at how poorly the government handled your money

Here are the administrative costs of SS:

Social Security Administrative Expenses

All this chart shows is that the BOTTOM 50% of the people in this Nation are not making much of a PROFIT off of what they earn, and that's not surprising at all with the state of this economy.

those at the top should be counting their blessings that they were able to make these huge profits that were taxed...they still came out ahead of the other 50% in profit that year....

This is why I am a strong advocate of the Fair Tax Act. Not only does it tax everyone equally (the rich would still pay more in dollar amounts), it taxes the hidden incomes and removes the hidden taxes.

Between 20-25% of every dollar you spend is on taxes in each item you buy. Plus most workers pay 25% of their pay into taxes. Those who get big refunds are giving the gov't an interest free loan.

Forum List

Back