Fake Trump (Baldwin) goes to jail before Real Trump; Never thought Id type this

Charges have been announced and are imply awaiting the paperwork.

Indeed. But why would we jump right to 'going to jail' when they haven't even been charged. Nor is there any conviction.

Y'all might want to slow your roll a little.

The fact that the Fake Trump from SNL is actually going to jail before Real Trump blows my mind. Not saying Fake Trump shouldn’t be bc he shot someone but how can the DOJ still not charge Real Trump with all his crimes
why would they charge trump??
he didnt do anything other politicians have been doing for decades,,

The fact that the Fake Trump from SNL is actually going to jail before Real Trump blows my mind. Not saying Fake Trump shouldn’t be bc he shot someone but how can the DOJ still not charge Real Trump with all his crimes

As much as I dislike Alec Baldwin, it will be uphill battle in securing a conviction, and it's even less likely that he will see the inside of a jail.

The decision to file charges is more about setting an example than the actual facts. Baldwin is being charged because he is Alec Baldwin. It is an example of a prosecutor trying to make an example out of somebody who is famous and in the public eye. It is likely the prosecution will be able to prove that gun safety protocols were not followed on set, but that is a big leap to Alec Baldwin being personally responsible, criminally, for a homicide. Actors are not in charge of ensuring prop safety (for good reason), and the idea that they might be made responsible with inspecting their own equipment will never fly with SAG, nor should it. Would you want those nitwits checking the safety of that stuff?

The assistant director, David Halls, who admitted he didn’t properly check the gun, is facing a suspended sentence and six months probation after signing a plea agreement for negligent use of a deadly weapon. This kind of undermines the DA's criminal charges.

Right now, though, Baldwin's lawyers need to shut his fucking mouth. The more that idiot talks about the case, and he's done a lot of that, the worse he is going to make it for himself.

As much as I dislike Alec Baldwin, it will be uphill battle in securing a conviction, and it's even less likely that he will see the inside of a jail.

The decision to file charges is more about setting an example than the actual facts. Baldwin is being charged because he is Alec Baldwin. It is an example of a prosecutor trying to make an example out of somebody who is famous and in the public eye. It is likely the prosecution will be able to prove that gun safety protocols were not followed on set, but that is a big leap to Alec Baldwin being personally responsible, criminally, for a homicide. Actors are not in charge of ensuring prop safety (for good reason), and the idea that they might be made responsible with inspecting their own equipment will never fly with SAG, nor should it. Would you want those nitwits checking the safety of that stuff?

The assistant director, David Halls, who admitted he didn’t properly check the gun, is facing a suspended sentence and six months probation after signing a plea agreement for negligent use of a deadly weapon. This kind of undermines the DA's criminal charges.

Right now, though, Baldwin's lawyers need to shut his fucking mouth. The more that idiot talks about the case, and he's done a lot of that, the worse he is going to make it for himself.

I agree with you mostly. And I think the prosecutors are posturing on a case they'll likely lose.

But Alec being the executive producer on the project, in addition to an actor, might make arguments of criminal culpability slightly easier.

Baldwin might or might not go to jail but when you point a gun at someone and pull the trigger even if you were told it’s safe criminal charges and jail time is a real possibility. Some of the basic rules of gun safety are you never point a gun at someone no matter if it’s loaded or not and treat an unloaded gun as if it is loaded.

Baldwin might or might not go to jail but when you point a gun at someone and pull the trigger even if you were told it’s safe criminal charges and jail time is a real possibility. Some of the basic rules of gun safety are you never point a gun at someone no matter if it’s loaded or not and treat an unloaded gun as if it is loaded.

Its gonna make all the western shootouts far less interesting if no one can ever point a gun at someone else.

According to Brad Raffensperger, Republican Secretary of State of Georgia?

January 2nd, 2021

I'm pretty sure that's not something every politician does.
I see no threats in that case,,

why are you making shit up that never happened??

But a criminal one? Just don't see it.

Manslaughter is the unlawful killing of another person without mens rea (criminal intent).

It does, however, occur through reckless action or criminal negligence,

To prove manslaughter, the court will have to be persuaded that a reasonable person would not have perpetrated the acts that led to the death of that person.

Its gonna make all the western shootouts far less interesting if no one can ever point a gun at someone else.
They as I understand it were not filming at the time of the shooting they were still setting up at that point there is no reason to be pointing a gun at someone especially someone who is not an actor who would not be in the scene. There are several questions that need to be answered. How did live ammunition get in the gun? What was live ammunition even doing on set? What type of gun safety instructions if any was the cast given? If instructions were given were they being properly followed? If not why not? Last if proper instructions on gun safety were given and was not being followed what action was taken if any to correct this? It seems like a lot of people were asleep at the switch on this.

They as I understand it were not filming at the time of the shooting they were still setting up at that point there is no reason to be pointing a gun at someone especially someone who is not an actor who would not be in the scene. There are several questions that need to be answered. How did live ammunition get in the gun? What was live ammunition even doing on set? What type of gun safety instructions if any was the cast given? If instructions were given were they being properly followed? If not why not? Last if proper instructions on gun safety were given and was not being followed what action was taken if any to correct this? It seems like a lot of people were asleep at the switch on this.

They were setting up a POV shot where the gun was to be pointed at the camera. The gun fired as it was being lifted for the shot, and hit the assitant director, sitting right next to the camera.

They were setting up a POV shot where the gun was to be pointed at the camera. The gun fired as it was being lifted for the shot, and hit the assitant director, sitting right next to the camera.
That however does not answer the questions of why there was live ammunition in the gun or why the trigger was pulled. I have heard of instances of a loaded gun going off when tossed or dropped on the ground but never one doing so the way Baldwin said this one did. It seems like there was a lot of carelessness and unprofessionalism going on there.

I heard the call and he was never threatened,,

what was he threatened with??

Says you. The Secretary of State says differently.

You'll note the relative importance of your perspectives on the issue by who the grand jury asked to submit testimony.

It wasn't you.

Forum List

Back