Fans "boo" moment of national unity

The incident was particularly striking because it was meant as a show of unity rather than any kind of protest with players, both black and white, linking arms.

“Some NFL fans booing the players for standing and locking arms in a moment of silent unity proves that for them the ‘standing for the flag’ was always about perpetuating white supremacy,” wrote Kansas City councilman Eric Bunch on Twitter.

What do these meatheads want ? A protest to celebrate inequality ?

Maybe they just wanted to watch some football and not a political statement...

View attachment 387193
Just as an aside; both those USA guys were drug cheats. The lad who ran second is an Aussie; he should have got the Gold.

Just sayin'!!!!

Greg

The incident was particularly striking because it was meant as a show of unity rather than any kind of protest with players, both black and white, linking arms.

“Some NFL fans booing the players for standing and locking arms in a moment of silent unity proves that for them the ‘standing for the flag’ was always about perpetuating white supremacy,” wrote Kansas City councilman Eric Bunch on Twitter.

They prefer violence.

They sure hate peaceful protest.

The fans have every right to peacefully protest then have that protest peacefully shoved down their metaphorical throats.

The old days are gone forver.
By the same token, the players and the league have every right to peacefully protest then have that protest peacefully shoved down their metaphorical throats. The old days are still here.
Only the fool thugs of the Trump right think that.

Think what? I made two comments; which one are you referring to?

In any case, either side has the right to peacefully protest and either side has the right to disagree and express it. Both sides have and both sides will continue to do so. So "The old days are gone forver [sic]" is not quite apt.
Of course they are. The white privilege cultural imperative of 1975 is gone.

It's been gone for some time.
Nope, its heels are still drumming in the dirt, as yours and others posts clearly reveal.

They prefer violence.

You mean like Portland, Seattle and Kenosha's peaceful protests?

They prefer violence.

The neo-fascist right Proud Boys sure hate peace.

I'm not a sports fan myself, but my guess would be is that what they want is to be able yo enjoy watching a football game without a bunch of irrelevant and offensive political bullshit being injected into it.

"Peaceful protest". That's what Trump and his supporters claim they wanted. You are showing that was another lie.

We are happy that the players managed to not attack the fans.

We still are unhappy that they are insulting the nation and it's citizens, at a sporting event.

That you find this confusing, is because of problems in your head, not ours.

There we go. You were offended over a show of unity. As I said.........not happy.

When you support the narrative that the nation is systemically wacist, you insult the nation and it's citizens, at least the white ones.

Doing that, is not a "show of unity" but a divisive political statement and an insult to the fans.

None of those fans, should ever return to that stadium.

Don't. That's their right. Telling others to shut up though is not.

Correct. The League has the Right to say what they want.

If they want to insult the nation and it's citizens, and their fans, that is their right.

Nothing I said, indicated that I thought they should be deprived of their right to speech.

My point was, that the op was wrong. The fans were not booing a "show of unity" but booing a divisive political statement that was very insulting to them.

Would you like to address my comment about the op? Or is that not the type of shit that interests you?

It's sad that you see unity as political.

Who were the ones who made it political first by kneeling or remaining in the locker room for the National Anthem?

You can't have it both ways. If you're going to bring attention to an injustice with political speeches and gestures then you can't very well complain if the response to that is political.

I'm not a sports fan myself, but my guess would be is that what they want is to be able yo enjoy watching a football game without a bunch of irrelevant and offensive political bullshit being injected into it.

"Peaceful protest". That's what Trump and his supporters claim they wanted. You are showing that was another lie.

We are happy that the players managed to not attack the fans.

We still are unhappy that they are insulting the nation and it's citizens, at a sporting event.

That you find this confusing, is because of problems in your head, not ours.

There we go. You were offended over a show of unity. As I said.........not happy.

When you support the narrative that the nation is systemically wacist, you insult the nation and it's citizens, at least the white ones.

Doing that, is not a "show of unity" but a divisive political statement and an insult to the fans.

None of those fans, should ever return to that stadium.

Don't. That's their right. Telling others to shut up though is not.

Correct. The League has the Right to say what they want.

If they want to insult the nation and it's citizens, and their fans, that is their right.

Nothing I said, indicated that I thought they should be deprived of their right to speech.

My point was, that the op was wrong. The fans were not booing a "show of unity" but booing a divisive political statement that was very insulting to them.

Would you like to address my comment about the op? Or is that not the type of shit that interests you?

It's sad that you see unity as political.

Who were the ones who made it political first by kneeling or remaining in the locker room for the National Anthem?

You can't have it both ways. If you're going to bring attention to an injustice with political speeches and gestures then you can't very well complain if the response to that is political.

Do you have any clue when it was that Kaepernick started kneeling? 9/16 under Obama. He was sitting before that, under Obama.

And? Kaepernick conveyed his disdain for America when he started kneeling. Whoever is/was the current sitting president is irrelevant.

I didn't see politics mentioned at all last night. Did you?

Whatever happened last night, you made the discussion political when you brought up Trump and his supporters.

I quote: "Peaceful protest'. That's what Trump and his supporters claim they wanted. You are showing that was another lie."

You made it political before Correll did.

What did I say wrong there? The accusations was that last night's show of unity was political. Point it out.

Problem is, you made your remark about Trump and his supporters BEFORE Correll made his remark about the display being a political statement.

I did. That doesn't make the display political.

If the display was not political then what did it have to do with Trump or his supporters?

I explained that.

You explained what it had to do with Trump? When?

I don't believe you've explained anything. What you did was assume that all the booers and those who support them are Trump supporters and in turn assume that they booed because they're Trump supporters.

There are two primary reasons people are criticizing these displays:

1.) They do not agree that expressing disdain for your country is the right way to highlight an injustice.

2.) They do not want to see or hear social justice displays or speeches or alternative anthems when they came to watch a sports event.

As for peaceful protests, conservatives want peaceful protests and they are right to do so. This does not mean they want to see a protest at a football game, even if it is peaceful.

By all means, protest peacefully. But keep it in the streets where it belongs (but not blocking traffic).

The NFL approved it so it belongs. All the same you don't have to get permission to protest.

It doesn't belong just because they approved it. And they only approved it because they didn't want everyone calling them racists. And people would have.

A lot of this crap with the NFL and other associations and corporations getting on board the Racial Justice Crazy Train is because they got shamed into it and they didn't want to lose customers.

Here's a problem that a lot of critics of the racism mania have: While some officers shoot suspects unjustifiably, most do. And the ones that shoot unjustifiably do not necessarily do so because they're racist. Also, stats show that blacks are more likely to get shot. I don't doubt that. But while racism may be a factor in some cases, the one glaring major contributing factor that SJWs overlook is the number of crimes blacks commit.

I posted a table in a discussion the other day from an FBI site citing murder statistics. For the year 2016, whites committed 3,156 murders and blacks committed 3,196. Think about that: Whites are 76% of the population and blacks are 13% but blacks only committed 40 fewer murders than whites for that year out of a total of 6,676 murders between them (the actual total number of murders is slightly higher but the others were committed by Hispanics and other non-white/non-African Americans and the difference is negligible).

Has it not occurred to anyone on the left that this might be a factor as to why blacks have more encounters with police? Has it not occurred to anyone on the left that black suspects are more likely to resist arrest? Has it not occurred to anyone on the left that the current anti-cop attitude being pushed on us may also be a factor? And don't tell me they're not anti-cop, they're just anti-bad-cop when you have mothers coaching their elementary school-age children to chant "Fuck the police".

Blacks could commit every single crime and it wouldn't excuse a police officer when they commit one.

No, it wouldn't. But would it excuse people willfully overlooking that factor when an officer shoots justifiably but they want to hang him anyway before they get the facts and details of the case? In case you hadn't noticed, that is exactly what's happening and has been happening ever since the Michael Brown shooting.

The very first thing these people want to do when there's a police shooting is hang the cop and loot a Target.

My niece's husband is black and happens to be a police officer in a medium sized southern city. We were discussing the issue of black crime one day and he said that the majority of their calls during the day involve black suspects.
Sooner or later people are going to have to face this uncomfortable truth. Sadly, they likely won't face it until after they get everything they want for the black community but then find that gangs are still slaughtering each other and indiscriminately killing children bystanders.

I'm really not interested in being unified by a "higher power". Hitler did that. I dont have trouble getting along with people of diffe re

Most on the right – Trump supporters in particular – maintain the wrongheaded notion that there is no inequality.

So, removed on your spin, you admit that the act was not meant to be a show of national unity.

And that is the point. This is about pandering or kowtowing to the racist Right mob.
Corrected

What a liar, are you allowed to change what another poster posted? Might be a violation of the TOS. Might want to check into it.

Sometimes people just want to watch a game or a movie or a concert without being preached to.

When I go to a concert the last thing I want is someone preaching to me. I paid to hear a band play music not to give me some sermon

I agree, I go to get away from issues and to have a couple hours of fun. I am well aware of the worlds problems and well aware of things I worry about. Just want some peace for the time I have paid to to have peace.

They prefer violence.

The neo-fascist right Proud Boys sure hate peace.

What makes you think that a lot of people- or any people for that matter- are both KC Chiefs season ticket holders and member of the "Proud Boys" outfit?

Ghost of a Rider is offended by a show for national unity.

If I truly thought that's what it was, I wouldn't be offended.

Anti-racism is the new religion of the masses and has become a moral litmus test for people too fucking lazy to actually take an objective look at someone's character. I rejected religion for that reason (among others) and I reject the current anti-racism Inquisition for the same reason.

What always happens without fail when a mania like this takes hold of a country or culture is that inevitably, the founding principles are forgotten and the tenets become a weapon to be used against anyone who doesn't think like them. The principles of the anti-racism movement have already been forgotten. The movement has become a movement for its own sake and has become a parody of itself.

Do you, Ghost, run with the neo-fascists?

That's a stupid question. What do neo-fascists have to do with this discussion?

I read the booing started when “Black Lives Matter” rolled across the Jumbotron video. The BLM organization does not want unity and the booing fans know it. People are tiring of the BLM organization’s support of riots, looting, violence and intimidation of people minding their own business. By their own words, BLM leaders are trained Marxists. That’s what they want.

I'm really not interested in being unified by a "higher power". Hitler did that. I dont have trouble getting along with people of diffe re
Well I saw black and white youngsters standing together in unity. And in the background I could hear the bestial screaming of old trumpers losing their grip on sanity.

We want the game without any political activism.

Well I saw black and white youngsters standing together in unity. And in the background I could hear the bestial screaming of old trumpers losing their grip on sanity.
you just disproved your narrative and shown what a duplicitous POS you are in a single post,,,

Tommy....they have been putting children together for over a half century. There comes a point when people get with the program or not.

Forum List

Back