Fatal shooting at Las Vegas restaurant, Walmart

You don't know much about the Supreme Court and its history of reversing prior rulings. As for its ambiguity I'd argue it was clear in the 18th Century and seriously seriously outdated in the 21st Century.

The closest thing we have to a legal militia today is the National Guard; the middle aged fat guys dressed in camouflage running around the woods are no different than a gang of crips running around the hood - dangerous, ill trained and socially deviant.

It is, nonetheless, the law and changing it will not change our world. I agree with you on the "militias", but they are a tiny minority and pretty much harmless. The gangs are a different story, but we create them with poor schools, poor economic practices and insange drug laws. Removing guns from people who don't commit crimes will not remove them from the hands of people who do. The solution is not stricter gun laws and I see no reason to support laws that will do no good.

I agree with much of your post; there is no effort (nor intent on my part) to take guns from law abiding citizens. I believe a sober, law abiding and sane citizen ought to be able to own, possess and have in his home or business a gun.

I don't believe anyone needs to parade around town with a gun and laws ought to prevent such activities, sans a license be issued for cause. If someone is too scared to go out in public unarmed they need to stay home and seek counseling.

Anyone who has been convicted of alcohol abuse, drug abuse, domestic violence, battery and all violent felonies ought to be denied the right to own, possess or have in his or her custody or control a firearm. Those whose Second Amendment rights have been revoked and are arrested or found to be armed with a gun should be charged with a felony and sent to prison.

They already are, you really need to research the law before posting....

Possession of a firearm by convicted felon: federal offense

Let me correct your first sentence: "Once again, from the slow and stupid..."

That obvious correction aside, in the DoI Jefferson wrote, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"; note he did not write about your right to own a gun, he wrote about a citizens right to live. Something morons like you never seem to understand, thus, my right to live supersedes your right to a gun.

Quite true. They wrote that into the Constitution, which is the law of the land, not the DoI, which is not.

And yet the Second Amendment is quite ambiguous. The District of Columbia v. Heller was decided on a partisan 5-4 vote. We might be living in a saner society had one vote changed.

The irony on the issue of guns in our society is quite striking, many on the same side argue for strict construction of the language in the Constitution, and even oppose Marbury v. Madison, yet cite Heller and other decisions that fit their agenda.
The Second Amendment is quite clear for those who can comprehend the language.

Before a LEO is put on the street s/he has had an extensive background check, including psychological evaluations and several interviews; s/he is generally on probation for one year under the mentorship of a field training officer who assists the trainees supervisor in monthly written evaluations. During such time the trainee can be terminated with no right of appeal.

Today, when any drunk or lunatic can easily obtain a gun and a couple of hundred thousands fools claim sovereign citizenship, its no wonder our streets are more violent and some innocents die. But executions don't occur in our country, every officer involved shooting is vetted by an outside agency and officers are pulled from the street during such investigations.

Occupations more dangerous than being a police officer:

Number of deaths per 100,000 employed Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics-Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries - 2012

Logging workers: 127.8
Fishermen: 117.0
Aircraft pilots: 53.4
Roofers: 40.5
Garbage collectors: 36.8
Electrical power line installation/repair: 29.8
Truck drivers: 22.8
Oil and gas extraction: 21.9
Farmers and ranchers: 21.3
Construction workers: 17.4
Police officers and Deputies: 14.9*
Taxi drivers: 14.9
Grounds maintenance: 13.9
Drinking establishment employees: 13.0
Welders: 10.5
Electricians: 8.3
Gas station attendant: 6.8
Auto mechanics: 5.0
Newspaper publishers: 4.8
Carpenters: 4.7
Janitors: 3.1
Retail sales: 1.5
All workers - 3.2

* A high percentage of police officers deaths are contributed to the police office not wearing a "seat belt" when involved in a traffic accident.

Brutality Archives - Cop Block

PoliceMisconduct.net | The Cato Institute's National Police Misconduct Reporting Project

Why cops shoot your dog

The Smell of Fear
By William Norman Grigg

October 24, 2013

Either as a result of their hyper-acute sense of smell, or an instinctive ability to decipher behavioral cues, dogs have an uncanny ability to detect fear. Owing to the relentless indoctrination they undergo regarding the primacy of “officer safety” and the supposedly all-encompassing threat environment in which they operate, cops exude a dense musk of fear that dogs can probably detect. This might help explain why casual encounters between dogs and cops frequently end with the dog being shot and left to die.

Why Do Cops Shoot Your Dog? ? LewRockwell.com

Google police brutality..or police corruption...see for yourself.

Who ya gonna call when shit hits the fan, Vigilante? People who do end up in cages exactly where they belong, or in coffins.

If I need a report written up of a burglary or property crime for insurance purposes,I'll have to call a cop.

Other than that there's no need.

When seconds count, the cops are MINUTES away.

I'll handle my own business.

You do that; LEOs have a use of force policy and extensive training. Best be prepared to hire an attorney ($10,000 ought to be enough for a plea deal, more if you go to trial) when you handle your own business.

I agree with much of your post; there is no effort (nor intent on my part) to take guns from law abiding citizens. I believe a sober, law abiding and sane citizen ought to be able to own, possess and have in his home or business a gun.

I don't believe anyone needs to parade around town with a gun and laws ought to prevent such activities, sans a license be issued for cause. If someone is too scared to go out in public unarmed they need to stay home and seek counseling.

Anyone who has been convicted of alcohol abuse, drug abuse, domestic violence, battery and all violent felonies ought to be denied the right to own, possess or have in his or her custody or control a firearm. Those whose Second Amendment rights have been revoked and are arrested or found to be armed with a gun should be charged with a felony and sent to prison.

Parading around with a gun is illegal in most states. Texas has a pretty stringent law against open carry. Concealed carry permits do require training (though very few states require any actual firearms training for it). I have no problems with background checks or gun registration. I think restrictions on magazine size are ridiculous, but I don't see that as a violation of the 2nd amendment. I often carry a concealed weapon, not because I am afraid but because I have reached an age where defending myself with my fists is no longer realistic. I don't expect to be attacked, but if I am I have no desire to be a helpless victim. You may not agree with that and that is your right, but it is my decision to make. Because I make that decision I spend several hours a month at a range practicing.

But all of that will have no impact upon the problem. All of the limitations you are talking about will change absolutely nothing. If you want to deal with the problem of violence, you address the source of the violence. You don't get bogged down in a debate over tools.

Maps | OpenCarry.org

I often carry a concealed weapon, not because I am afraid but because I have reached an age where defending myself with my fists is no longer realistic.

Oh great. Another old crackpot nutter, looking to blow someone away.

He clearly says it is for self defense.Your exaggeration and ad hom isn't "clever".

Are you not in favor of self defense?

Before a LEO is put on the street s/he has had an extensive background check, including psychological evaluations and several interviews; s/he is generally on probation for one year under the mentorship of a field training officer who assists the trainees supervisor in monthly written evaluations. During such time the trainee can be terminated with no right of appeal.

Today, when any drunk or lunatic can easily obtain a gun and a couple of hundred thousands fools claim sovereign citizenship, its no wonder our streets are more violent and some innocents die. But executions don't occur in our country, every officer involved shooting is vetted by an outside agency and officers are pulled from the street during such investigations.

Occupations more dangerous than being a police officer:

Number of deaths per 100,000 employed Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics-Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries - 2012

Logging workers: 127.8
Fishermen: 117.0
Aircraft pilots: 53.4
Roofers: 40.5
Garbage collectors: 36.8
Electrical power line installation/repair: 29.8
Truck drivers: 22.8
Oil and gas extraction: 21.9
Farmers and ranchers: 21.3
Construction workers: 17.4
Police officers and Deputies: 14.9*
Taxi drivers: 14.9
Grounds maintenance: 13.9
Drinking establishment employees: 13.0
Welders: 10.5
Electricians: 8.3
Gas station attendant: 6.8
Auto mechanics: 5.0
Newspaper publishers: 4.8
Carpenters: 4.7
Janitors: 3.1
Retail sales: 1.5
All workers - 3.2

* A high percentage of police officers deaths are contributed to the police office not wearing a "seat belt" when involved in a traffic accident.

Brutality Archives - Cop Block

PoliceMisconduct.net | The Cato Institute's National Police Misconduct Reporting Project

Why cops shoot your dog

The Smell of Fear
By William Norman Grigg

October 24, 2013

Either as a result of their hyper-acute sense of smell, or an instinctive ability to decipher behavioral cues, dogs have an uncanny ability to detect fear. Owing to the relentless indoctrination they undergo regarding the primacy of “officer safety” and the supposedly all-encompassing threat environment in which they operate, cops exude a dense musk of fear that dogs can probably detect. This might help explain why casual encounters between dogs and cops frequently end with the dog being shot and left to die.

Why Do Cops Shoot Your Dog? ? LewRockwell.com

Google police brutality..or police corruption...see for yourself.

Who ya gonna call when shit hits the fan, Vigilante? People who do end up in cages exactly where they belong, or in coffins.

If I need a report written up of a burglary or property crime for insurance purposes,I'll have to call a cop.

Other than that there's no need.

When seconds count, the cops are MINUTES away.

I'll handle my own business.

You do that; LEOs have a use of force policy and extensive training. Best be prepared to hire an attorney ($10,000 ought to be enough for a plea deal, more if you go to trial) when you handle your own business.

Yeah...we know all about how "well trained" they are in "use of force". :doubt:
They love showing people as often as they can, too.

No one will be charged in a case of self defense....counselor

No comments on brutality or corruption, I notice.

Last edited:
Quite true. They wrote that into the Constitution, which is the law of the land, not the DoI, which is not.

And yet the Second Amendment is quite ambiguous. The District of Columbia v. Heller was decided on a partisan 5-4 vote. We might be living in a saner society had one vote changed.

The irony on the issue of guns in our society is quite striking, many on the same side argue for strict construction of the language in the Constitution, and even oppose Marbury v. Madison, yet cite Heller and other decisions that fit their agenda.

The Second is quite clear? And yet Heller was decided 5-4, along partisan lines. For those with an open mind and the intelligence of a Border Collie it is not "quite clear". The right to own a fully automatic firearm is infringed by law, so is the right to own a surface to air missile, an RPG and dozens of other arms.

Parading around with a gun is illegal in most states. Texas has a pretty stringent law against open carry. Concealed carry permits do require training (though very few states require any actual firearms training for it). I have no problems with background checks or gun registration. I think restrictions on magazine size are ridiculous, but I don't see that as a violation of the 2nd amendment. I often carry a concealed weapon, not because I am afraid but because I have reached an age where defending myself with my fists is no longer realistic. I don't expect to be attacked, but if I am I have no desire to be a helpless victim. You may not agree with that and that is your right, but it is my decision to make. Because I make that decision I spend several hours a month at a range practicing.

But all of that will have no impact upon the problem. All of the limitations you are talking about will change absolutely nothing. If you want to deal with the problem of violence, you address the source of the violence. You don't get bogged down in a debate over tools.

Maps | OpenCarry.org

I often carry a concealed weapon, not because I am afraid but because I have reached an age where defending myself with my fists is no longer realistic.
Oh great. Another old crackpot nutter, looking to blow someone away.

He clearly says it is for self defense.Your exaggeration and ad hom isn't "clever".

Are you not in favor of self defense?
He believes that the state should be allowed to do as they please, for whatever reason they desire.

The Second is quite clear? And yet Heller was decided 5-4, along partisan lines. For those with an open mind and the intelligence of a Border Collie it is not "quite clear". The right to own a fully automatic firearm is infringed by law, so is the right to own a surface to air missile, an RPG and dozens of other arms.

it is decided. What is so difficult to understand....

It is very clear, and to cite a partisan court as proof that the language is ambiguous is laughable. People who follow and make decisions on the basis if political partisanship are not speaking to truth, but to their own power.

Have you even read the Virginia Institutes Primer on the Second? It quite clearly, and in language even a liberal can understand, explains exactly how the Second Amendment is worded, and how it works.

Look it up, or click the link and actually try reading it with an open mind, free of your political bias.

http://www.virginiainstitute.org/pdf/Right_to_Bear_Arms.pdf

it is decided. What is so difficult to understand....

Please try to keep up. If you can't follow the thread it's best not to comment.

See: District of Columbia v. Heller ? Case Brief Summary

One person killed, two police critically wounded so far. Early reports, the totals may change as more info comes in. The murderers shot two cops, took the cops' guns, and then shot at least one more person.

The murderers also killed themselves.

Would have been nice if they'd done that BEFORE shooting the others, instead of after.

-----------------------------------

3 dead in shootings at Las Vegas restaurant, Walmart, police say | Fox News

3 dead in shootings at Las Vegas restaurant, Walmart, police say

Published June 08, 2014

At least three people have been killed and two officers have been critically injured in shootings at a Las Vegas restaurant and Walmart, authorities say.

Las Vegas police spokesman Larry Hadfield told The Associated Press that the spree began around 11:30 a.m. Sunday when a man and woman walked into CiCi's Pizza restaurant on North Nellis Boulevard and shot two officers who were eating lunch.

The suspects took the officers' weapons and ammunition before storming out of the pizzeria, Assistant Sheriff Kevin McMahill told KVVU Fox 5.

The two suspects then fled to the Walmart across the street, where they shot a person inside and then killed themselves in an apparent suicide pact, Hadfield said. Police and a SWAT team were dispatched to the scene, KVVU Fox 5 reports.

(Reuters) - Two armed suspects shouting "this is a revolution" opened fire and wounded two Las Vegas police officers eating lunch in a pizza parlor on Sunday.

Sounds like some rightwing extremest nuts

You almost gotta laugh at the desperate left these days. While the vast left wing jihad is murdering women and children throughout the world and the memory of 9-11 is still fresh in our minds the radical left wants to turn every act of violence into a "right wing conspiracy". Every American mass shooter in modern history was a left winger or a crazy person protected by the left wing. Former revolutionary left wingers like Bill Ayers are movers and shakers in the democrat party while they still preach revolution and Walmart is high on the left wing hate list.

One person killed, two police critically wounded so far. Early reports, the totals may change as more info comes in. The murderers shot two cops, took the cops' guns, and then shot at least one more person.

The murderers also killed themselves.

Would have been nice if they'd done that BEFORE shooting the others, instead of after.

-----------------------------------

3 dead in shootings at Las Vegas restaurant, Walmart, police say | Fox News

3 dead in shootings at Las Vegas restaurant, Walmart, police say

Published June 08, 2014

At least three people have been killed and two officers have been critically injured in shootings at a Las Vegas restaurant and Walmart, authorities say.

Las Vegas police spokesman Larry Hadfield told The Associated Press that the spree began around 11:30 a.m. Sunday when a man and woman walked into CiCi's Pizza restaurant on North Nellis Boulevard and shot two officers who were eating lunch.

The suspects took the officers' weapons and ammunition before storming out of the pizzeria, Assistant Sheriff Kevin McMahill told KVVU Fox 5.

The two suspects then fled to the Walmart across the street, where they shot a person inside and then killed themselves in an apparent suicide pact, Hadfield said. Police and a SWAT team were dispatched to the scene, KVVU Fox 5 reports.

(Reuters) - Two armed suspects shouting "this is a revolution" opened fire and wounded two Las Vegas police officers eating lunch in a pizza parlor on Sunday.

You almost gotta laugh at the desperate left these days. While the vast left wing jihad is murdering women and children throughout the world and the memory of 9-11 is still fresh in our minds the radical left wants to turn every act of violence into a "right wing conspiracy". Every American mass shooter in modern history was a left winger or a crazy person protected by the left wing. Former revolutionary left wingers like Bill Ayers are movers and shakers in the democrat party while they still preach revolution and Walmart is high on the left wing hate list.

I do laugh at you, if you want to hear the truth. "left wing jihad" is nonsensical, a ridiculous pejorative used by partisan hacks. The "radical left", ill defined of course, is not a player in real politics. It's time in the sun passed with the demise of the SLA, the Weathermen and the SDS. Today the radical right, Sovereign Citizens, the NRA and the anti government crowd is the greatest threat to peace in our time.

I do laugh at you, if you want to hear the truth. "left wing jihad" is nonsensical, a ridiculous pejorative used by partisan hacks. The "radical left", ill defined of course, is not a player in real politics. It's time in the sun passed with the demise of the SLA, the Weathermen and the SDS. Today the radical right, Sovereign Citizens, the NRA and the anti government crowd is the greatest threat to peace in our time.
How so? How many have they killed compared to leftists going on temper tantrum shooting sprees, increasing the power and scope of government, turning us into subjects of the state and trying to take away our right of self defense?

How so? How many have they killed compared to leftists going on temper tantrum shooting sprees, increasing the power and scope of government, turning us into subjects of the state and trying to take away our right of self defense?

Define "leftist" and name those who went on temper tantrum shooting sprees.

As usual the left is over reacting. only .00003 guns in existence ever kills someone. yet libs want to go after all guns. libs want to pass laws that infringe on legal gun owners and they wonder why they get pushback. drunk driving kills more than guns. do we pass laws banning cars, alcohol or that limit what cars a legal driver can own? do we pass laws putting restrictions on legal drivers?

Government over reacting leads to disaterous results. a panicing public screaming for action results in disateous results. there wsa a time when americans were migrating west and citizens were alarmed they were being killed by indians. So they called for government to intervene and governmrnt did. they passed laws putting limits on indians. They wiped them out by the thousands. they destroyed a race. in total less than 300 civilians had ever been killed by indians. but over reaction by a paniced crowd and incompetent government lead to disaterous results

I bet these racist killers were of German ancestry!

Forum List

Back