Father kills gay son

There are orders of magnitude more people struck by lightning every year than effected by the issue you're raising. With virtually every person in this nation having no issue practicing their faith and conducting commerce.

Ah.. well since I'm still up with the pain, I'll put it this way (I'm about to go full nerd here):

Lightning hits the Earth an estimated 8.6 million times a day or 100 times per second (or 3.1 billion times a year) with 20 percent of those strikes being cloud to ground. Out of all the lightning strikes in the world, the US accounts for 20 million of them. The point being, lightning can strike anytime, anywhere, and anyone.

As of 2011, there were 11,844,600 or 3.8% of US citizens (311,700,000 in 2011) who identified as gay or lesbian. Given the passage of time since then, that number has likely risen. But the risk of the occurrence I described happening still exists, much like the risk of being struck by lightning. It can happen anytime, anywhere, and to anyone.

Lightning can strike anyone anywhere. But it almost never does. In the entirety of the United States only 50 people or so a year are killed by lightning strikes.

The situation you described is even less likely. Again, its happened less than 10 times in the last half decade. Your 'risk to religious liberty' is grotesquely overstated, as virtually no one in the country faces the conflict you described. To give you a scale of how rare it is and how minute the risk is....there are literally orders of magnitude more risk of being struck by lightning. Or of winning the lottery.

Its the fallacy of wedge issues: they require ludicrous degrees of exaggeration to even be credibly discussed.

It doesn't matter how often it happens, we shouldn't dismiss it. It effects our lives in more ways than one. It took only two nuclear weapons to bring the once mighty Japanese Empire to her knees. Thusly it only takes one or two examples to bring an entire religion into the cross hairs. Christian entrepreneurs and little girls beware.

In terms of credible risk, how often it happens absolutely matters. You're describing a scenario that is so fantastically rare that it almost never happens. Demonstrating that the risk of its occurrence is ludicrously low. Literally orders of magnitude less than winning the lottery or being struck by lightning.

Where by your own admission being gay happens millions and millions of times a day in this country. Demonstrating that the risk to religious liberty posed by gay people is virtually non-existent....even by your own standards.

I grew up in an orthodox family, and know of children being killed or arrested for being gay.

Surely that would have been newsworthy where you came from. Can you show us a snippet from the paper or a link to an article proving your experience?
The only child I heard of killed because he was gay was Lawrence King. He tormented Brian McInerney so much that the boy could no longer stand it. Complaints to the school and calling the police wouldn't stop King's unending harassment. So Brian shot him in the head.

I see. Perhaps I could dredge up the news story. Is this what you're referring to?

Boy Who Shot Classmate at Age 14 Will Be Retried as Adult

Lawrence King was openly taunting McInerney in front of his peers. He was making a public display of his homosexuality and causing unrest among the student population. Though King didn't deserve to have his brains blown out, this could have been stopped by the lesbian assistant principal. Why didn't she? Agenda perhaps?

The state of California could also be held liable, if it weren't for its discrimination law, the school could have stopped King from dressing like a woman at school. Problem solved. He was depriving his fellow students of their right to an education by acting as a distraction, though the punishment should have been detention, not a death sentence.

However, this doesn't demonstrate Aris' point about Christians murdering people because they are gay. McInerney was a miscreant, and was far from being a Christian. You don't have to be a Christian in order to oppose homosexuality.
Same case. What you posted didn't go into detail. I followed this case extensively and heard Brian's mother speak on her son's behalf. King made Brian's life hell on earth. King was actually transferred out of other schools because he would fixate on another boy. The school referred to this as harmless flirting and told Brian to not let it bother him. If it has been a boy mercilessly sexually harassing a girl would it have been handled differently?

Homophobic, transphobic parents make abusive homes ...
www.theguardian.com › Opinion › LGBT rights
The Guardian
Jan 5, 2015 - Homophobic, transphobic parents make abusive homes. Let's help LGBT kids get out. Jessica Valenti. We know that conversion therapy is ...

Rejecting Homosexual Children Results in Disastrous ...
scienceblogs.com/.../2009/.../rejecting-homosexual-children...
ScienceBlogs
Jan 7, 2009 - Illicit drug use, substance abuse disorders, and risky sexual behaviors are also ... So to the parents of homosexual parents an appeal. ... I have gotten into the area of internalized homophobia and minority stress research.
Ricky Gervais slams homophobic parents making anti-gay ...
www.dailymail.co.uk/.../Ricky-Gervais-slams-homophobic-pa...
Daily Mail
Feb 17, 2012 - 'People who make anti-gay comments to their youngsters are child abusers': ... Strong views: Ricky Gervais spoke out against homophobic parents on Piers .... teaching your child that homosexuality is a sin with child abuse!

Family Rejection of LGBT Youth Is No Joke | Wind Youth ...
www.windyouth.org/.../family-rejection-lgbt-youth-...
WIND Youth Center
Jun 13, 2011 - Particularly alarming was his statement that, if his son were gay, he would ... tell horrifying stories of violent abuse and rejection from their parents. ... out a piece of his scalp, and screaming homophobic abuse as her child fled.
The answer is that homosexual children should not be inflicted on normal families. They need to be taken and put somewhere that they can deal with their mental illness. They are no different than anyone else with an unacceptable compulsion. They could be child molesters, animal rapists, any kind of destructive aberrant behavior. Accommodating them isn't helping them.

There's nothing 'unacceptable' about homosexuality. Its just a sexual orientation. And murdering these children isn't helping them.

Thankfully, your perspective is becoming less prevalent as your generation shuffles off.

Homosexuals are freaks. They are a very small minority of deranged and depraved members of the underbelly of mankind.

Those are human beings......... You do not have the honor to be called human being. You deserve to be in the pig pen.

They are perverts. They are freaks. If you are one of them then you are a pervert and a freak. All are created either male or female.

You are a hater. You hate Americans because of who they are. A hundred years ago you would have been saying the same thing about the Jews or the Irish. 50 years ago about African Americans.

Same bigots. Different bigotries.

I've known Christians who are no better when they find out their kids are LGBT

We aren't talking about Christians now are we? Persecution of Homosexuals is far more prevalent in Islam. Yet you only focus on Christians. The worst most of us do is oppose it. We don't channel our inner Schutzstaffel and go on gleefully killing people because they are gay. Your "oh but Christians do it too!" argument pretty narrow minded if you ask me. It signifies you lack an argument.

But we are talking Christians.

This was a family of Christians- not Muslims.

Homophobic, transphobic parents make abusive homes ...
www.theguardian.com › Opinion › LGBT rights
The Guardian
Jan 5, 2015 - Homophobic, transphobic parents make abusive homes. Let's help LGBT kids get out. Jessica Valenti. We know that conversion therapy is ...

Rejecting Homosexual Children Results in Disastrous ...
scienceblogs.com/.../2009/.../rejecting-homosexual-children...
ScienceBlogs
Jan 7, 2009 - Illicit drug use, substance abuse disorders, and risky sexual behaviors are also ... So to the parents of homosexual parents an appeal. ... I have gotten into the area of internalized homophobia and minority stress research.
Ricky Gervais slams homophobic parents making anti-gay ...
www.dailymail.co.uk/.../Ricky-Gervais-slams-homophobic-pa...
Daily Mail
Feb 17, 2012 - 'People who make anti-gay comments to their youngsters are child abusers': ... Strong views: Ricky Gervais spoke out against homophobic parents on Piers .... teaching your child that homosexuality is a sin with child abuse!

Family Rejection of LGBT Youth Is No Joke | Wind Youth ...
www.windyouth.org/.../family-rejection-lgbt-youth-...
WIND Youth Center
Jun 13, 2011 - Particularly alarming was his statement that, if his son were gay, he would ... tell horrifying stories of violent abuse and rejection from their parents. ... out a piece of his scalp, and screaming homophobic abuse as her child fled.
The answer is that homosexual children should not be inflicted on normal families. They need to be taken and put somewhere that they can deal with their mental illness. They are no different than anyone else with an unacceptable compulsion. They could be child molesters, animal rapists, any kind of destructive aberrant behavior. Accommodating them isn't helping them.

There's nothing 'unacceptable' about homosexuality. Its just a sexual orientation. And murdering these children isn't helping them.

Thankfully, your perspective is becoming less prevalent as your generation shuffles off.

Homosexuals are freaks. They are a very small minority of deranged and depraved members of the underbelly of mankind.

Those are human beings......... You do not have the honor to be called human being. You deserve to be in the pig pen.

They are perverts. They are freaks. If you are one of them then you are a pervert and a freak. All are created either male or female.
I get it now. Your nic is an attempt at Irony. You are not really a human being.

I
They are mentally ill. The manifestation of mental illness is homosexuality, but not the only one. That's why they commit suicide, they exhibit in other ways.

Yet most gays don't commit suicide.

Your thesis is faulty because you posit that all gays are mentally ill- and thats why they commit suicide- yet the vast majority of homosexuals never commit suicide.

You have decided that homosexuals are mentally ill- because of your biases. Not because of evidence.

You are a hater. You hate Americans because of who they are. A hundred years ago you would have been saying the same thing about the Jews or the Irish. 50 years ago about African Americans.

Same bigots. Different bigotries.
Be fair. The Irish had it coming.

I've known Christians who just told their kids to get out when they turned 18. Not killed them. One friend was completely supportive of her son. He ran off and became a drug addict and prostitute in Miami. No different than kids thrown out of the house.

They are mentally ill. The manifestation of mental illness is homosexuality, but not the only one. That's why they commit suicide, they exhibit in other ways.
I'm sure you say the same thing about all the military and cops committing suicide too.

That once you get past their sexual orientation, they're nothing particularly unique about them as a group. They're people.

Agreed. I know I wear this out a lot, but I do have gay friends. I broke bread with one of them at a pizzeria downtown a few years ago. I get it. They are in fact people, with rights.

But let's pose a scenario, purely fictional.

In a galaxy far, far away there is a random family of law abiding Christians living in the town of Nowhere, in the State of Absent, America. The members of this family all oppose homosexuality. The father is a small town business owner who is vehemently so, who's struggling to keep his business and his family afloat. The father happens to own a Christian themed bakery in that town of Nowhere. One day, a gay couple comes in and says, "bake us a cake with the gay pride flag, with two men standing atop of it. We want it delivered and prepared at our wedding." The father, due to his religious beliefs says "I'm sorry, please do business elsewhere."

The gay couple sues under State of Absent's anti-discrimination statutes, accusing them of discrimination, and wins. The ensuing national firestorm and $130,000 fine,

No different than if the 'family of law abiding Christians' tell a Jew or a Mexican or an African American that due to his religious beliefs "I'm sorry please do business elsewhere'.

If you are a business, you are required to follow the laws regulating your business.

Don't want to be in a position to sell a custom wedding cake you don't agree with- then don't sell Custom wedding cakes- so you are not in a position to have to sell a wedding cake for a Jewish, or African American or Mexican wedding.

[. Thusly it only takes one or two examples to bring an entire religion into the crosshairs. Christian entrepreneurs and little girls beware.

Since Christians customers are actually protected more completely by these laws than gay customers I think Christian entrepreneurs will do just fine.

Why little girls have to worry about a Christian bakery being required not to discriminate against Customers because they are black or Mexican or Jewish or Gay- I have no idea.

I grew up in an orthodox family, and know of children being killed or arrested for being gay.

Surely that would have been newsworthy where you came from. Can you show us a snippet from the paper or a link to an article proving your experience?
The only child I heard of killed because he was gay was Lawrence King. He tormented Brian McInerney so much that the boy could no longer stand it. Complaints to the school and calling the police wouldn't stop King's unending harassment. So Brian shot him in the head.

I see. Perhaps I could dredge up the news story. Is this what you're referring to?

Boy Who Shot Classmate at Age 14 Will Be Retried as Adult

Lawrence King was openly taunting McInerney in front of his peers. He was making a public display of his homosexuality and causing unrest among the student population. Though King didn't deserve to have his brains blown out, this could have been stopped by the lesbian assistant principal. Why didn't she? Agenda perhaps?

The state of California could also be held liable, if it weren't for its discrimination law, the school could have stopped King from dressing like a woman at school. Problem solved. He was depriving his fellow students of their right to an education by acting as a distraction, though the punishment should have been detention, not a death sentence.

However, this doesn't demonstrate Aris' point about Christians murdering people because they are gay. McInerney was a miscreant, and was far from being a Christian. You don't have to be a Christian in order to oppose homosexuality.
Same case. What you posted didn't go into detail. I followed this case extensively and heard Brian's mother speak on her son's behalf. King made Brian's life hell on earth. King was actually transferred out of other schools because he would fixate on another boy. The school referred to this as harmless flirting and told Brian to not let it bother him. If it has been a boy mercilessly sexually harassing a girl would it have been handled differently?

Frankly some school districts don't handle sexual harrassment(or bullying) as well as others.

Not knowing the details but I think most of us would agree that no student deserves to be harrassed, stalked or bullied in school, and that schools have an obligation to investigate and act when the issue is brought to their attention.

And for those who haven't followed this thread since the OP- the family discussed in the OP is not Muslim, but instead are Christians.

I

Your thesis is faulty because you posit that all gays are mentally ill- and thats why they commit suicide- yet the vast majority of homosexuals never commit suicide.

You have decided that homosexuals are mentally ill- because of your biases. Not because of evidence.
The same kind of mental illness doesn't manifest in everyone in exactly the same way. All gays do not have to commit suicide for homosexuality to be a mental illness. Some people who are bi polar or schizophrenic commit suicide. That they all do not attempt suicide doesn't mean that these conditions aren't forms of illness.

In this case something caused this gay son to destroy his home so badly it had to be rebuilt. Something more than homosexuality had the parents put the house up for sale to get away from this crazy man and who killed Mom? It wasn't dad with a shotgun.

North Hills Father Charged With Murder for Allegedly Shooting Son Because He Was Gay

The son was probably being obnoxious and badgering his father demanding dad meet his demands. The old man couldn't take it any more.

You seem to go to great pains to excuse murder.

When a girl is raped by her father- do you presume that she was just being to sexually provocative and he couldn't take it any longer?
Do you think the crazy son was trying to get dad to have sex with him?

I

The same kind of mental illness doesn't manifest in everyone in exactly the same way. All gays do not have to commit suicide for homosexuality to be a mental illness. Some people who are bi polar or schizophrenic commit suicide. That they all do not attempt suicide doesn't mean that these conditions aren't forms of illness. .

So exactly what do you base your diagnosis that every gay person is mentally ill upon then- since it isn't that they commit suicide?

Your hunch? That you find them 'icky'?

The father said that they were again arguing over son's sexuality, which might mean that the son was demanding acceptance and father was planning on moving away. Son attacked with a knife and the father blew him away with a shotgun. The police found mother's body. She had been stabbed numerous times.

So yes if a girl was upset that her father wasn't having sex with her and attacked him with a knife, sure. Blow the bitch away.

Who killed Mom?

Is being gay a license to kill?

I

In this case something caused this gay son to destroy his home so badly it had to be rebuilt. Something more than homosexuality had the parents put the house up for sale to get away from this crazy man and who killed Mom? It wasn't dad with a shotgun.

'Something'

So you really are determined to speculate and ask us to create a fiction that supports your fantasies?

Forum List

Back