Father of Newtown Victim Heckled

An M-16 is actually an AR-15, so they are military grade.

An M16 is not an AR15. Some of the parts are interchangeable but an AR15 to be legal has no M16 parts and cannot fire in full auto.

Both are weak weapons with very little stopping power. If you want to do some damage I'd perfer an AK47 or a shotgun.

The only difference between an AR-15 and the M-16 is the sear.

That's it.

Wrong......Google it.
All you'll do is empty the whole mag.

Last edited:
It's funny, on other forums, Conservatives seem to be condemning the hecklers. They acknowledge that although there may be no 'Constitutional' rule about compassion and appropriateness at a public hearing, nothing is gained by the despicable behavior at that hearing by those heckling the victims father. Conservative elsewhere seem to understand that it's one of those unwritten rules about civility and not crossing a 'Westboro' line of common decency.

It's only here on USMB that I've seen right-leaning folks actually continue to attack the father who lost his son. Not his position or opinion, but attack him as a father.

I guess 'funny' isn't the right word. Sickening maybe.

Why? Because I would respect the rights of a father whose 6 year old son was brutally murdered by letting him speak his peace without heckling him?

Assuming this was a gun control hearing his "rights" to express himself is not anymore important than anyone elses. This wasn't a memorial for his son. In fact I bet he was demanding that the hecklers rights to own guns be infringed on. All based on raw emotion.

I am the father of two grown children. I can't imagine the pain that man is going through. If you can't at least defend his right to speak his mind without being heckled, then don't try to lecture anyone about rights.

Someone with a different point of view has an equal right to state their views. But heckling someone tells me that person has no respect for anyone else's rights.

Oh blow it out your ass. People have protested and heckled since the dawn of civilization. Only now does it bother you because you agree with the agenda on the one being heckled.

Was it distasteful? Perhaps
Is it something new? Fuck no
Does it matter? Only to the thin skinned who can't support their position without first pointing at others.

This wasn't a funeral or memorial. The father was USING his dead son to further an agenda based on RAW EMOTIONS

the scotus has already said gun laws are perfectly constitutional.

did they say that making swiss cheese out of children is perfectly constitutional?

NO

And we have plenty of gun laws already.

You still have not told me how my owning a weapon is responsible for anyone's death.

I wouldn't call that heckling.

Then again I wouldn't use a dead kid as a prop to pass laws that deny others their rights either.

Rights for what? Please show me exactly where the Constitution gives us the "Right" to own military assualt weapons.

I do support the idea that the 2nd gives us the right to conceal carry. But if you concede that it does not give us the "Right" to own say....Rocket Propelled Grenades then you agree that a line must be drawn somewhere, right?

And BTW.....if that was MY child or grandchild pictured in that casket I would stick that picture in your face.
Show where a "military assualt weapon" was used by Lanza, please.

The only difference between an AR-15 and the M-16 is the sear.

That's it.

Wrong......Google it.

Don't have to, I'm armorer qualified.

So everyone else is wrong and you're right?
All you'll do is empty the mag with one pull of the trigger. I would hardly call that an efficient way to kill people.

And from what i'm reading you need a pre 1986 model. And those aint cheap or easy to come by.
And even those would take more to convert then what you are claiming.

Im no expert and dont claim to be. But after a quick search it's pretty clear that it takes more then filing down the sear.

Last edited:
Bunch of damned cowardly animals. They remind me of those Westboro idiots.

I feel for the gun and the protesters should have given him the respect that he deserves and been silent. I couldn't imagine the pain and sorrow he is going to. Shame on them. HOWEVER, this wasn't a memorial service. This wasn't a place to necessarily greive. It was a hearing on infringement of people's constitutional rights.

How many times are we going to have to hear abou the AR-15 in Newtown? It has already been CORRECTLY reported that Lanza left the AR-15 in the trunk of the car and only carried in hand guns!

Leftist against the heckling, question for you. What if this greiving father came to the hearing and demanded an explanation why teachers can't carry guns or why there are no armed guards like David Gregory and Michael Bloomberg's children's school's have? Leftist would heckle the shit out of him and even take it a step further. Would you approve or give those hecklers a pass? A honest leftist would say of course!

You on the right dont have a legal leg to stand on under the laws in this country.

the people can deside to not allow these types of guns to be manufactured or sold in this country.

that is perfectly constitutional.

YOU do not have the right to snuggle a man killer gun because you are affraid of everyone.

All parents have the right to snuggle live children.

that is perfectly constitutional

People do not own guns because they are afraid of everyone.People own guns for all kinds of different reasons.

Yet you on the left think it is OK to abort live babies growing inside of you.

We who want our guns feel just as strongly about or our Constitutional rights as those of you who want abortions.

You don't want abortions to go away and gun rights activates do not want our semi automatic weapons to go away.

Both kill our children.

Yet law abiding gun owners do not kill our children.
We need to make laws that stop people who do this.

The people of this counrty said the same thing about abortions at one time too TM.
The majority of the people decided at one time in this counrty that abortion was illegal.

While this does seem distasteful on the surface I would have to hear what the father was saying while holding his dead sons photo. Was he using his child as a ploy to play on peoples emotions? Making decisions based on emotions rarely ends up a smart decision.

No, he wasn't. He was standing holding his sons pic and giving him tribute, then they cut to him seated and his saying, "....not one person can answer that question - something inaudible"...then some in the room answered him.

It wasn't heckling. :eusa_hand:

Assuming this was a gun control hearing his "rights" to express himself is not anymore important than anyone elses. This wasn't a memorial for his son. In fact I bet he was demanding that the hecklers rights to own guns be infringed on. All based on raw emotion.

I am the father of two grown children. I can't imagine the pain that man is going through. If you can't at least defend his right to speak his mind without being heckled, then don't try to lecture anyone about rights.

Someone with a different point of view has an equal right to state their views. But heckling someone tells me that person has no respect for anyone else's rights.

Oh blow it out your ass. People have protested and heckled since the dawn of civilization. Only now does it bother you because you agree with the agenda on the one being heckled.

Was it distasteful? Perhaps
Is it something new? Fuck no
Does it matter? Only to the thin skinned who can't support their position without first pointing at others.

This wasn't a funeral or memorial. The father was USING his dead son to further an agenda based on RAW EMOTIONS

I am going to provide a list of new words that you were never taught. Look them up.

Respect
Human decency
Morals
Ethics
Compassion
Empathy

On the list of tragedies that can befall any one of us in this lifetime, having your 6 year old child, your own flesh and blood brutally murdered isn't even on a list, because no parent would even dare to imagine that possibility. It is a separate category worse than any evil the mind can imagine. As a parent, I would sacrifice my life for any of my children without blinking an eye.

You are the devil's child, you are an empty vessel filled with bile and excrement. You fall well below any human standards accepted as even decent.

You bring out your dead child as a reason to remove or limit my rights when I have done nothing wrong, then I have the right to question your integrity, honesty, Morales, and respect for the one who died.

You bring out your dead child as a reason to remove or limit my rights when I have done nothing wrong, then I have the right to question your integrity, honesty, Morales, and respect for the one who died.

You don't have rights to kill a six year old with assault weapons and clips..

Idiot.

We have a cancer in this country, and they are armed.

628x471.jpg

Neil Heslin, father of 6-year-old Newtown shooting victim Jesse Lewis, was heckled at the Connecticut State Legislature as he testified Tuesday in hearings on the aftermath of the Newtown massacre. Gun enthusiasts shouted “the Second Amendment!” several times while Heslin, holding a picture of his son, wondered why Bushmaster assault-style weapons such as the one shooter Adam Lanza used should be sold in the state. “There are a lot of things that should be changed to prevent what happened,” Heslin said. Around 1,500 people—both pro-gun and anti, who all had to pass through metal detectors—attended the hearings at the Connecticut capitol under heightened security. Hundreds testified, with one lawyer insisting “the local and national debate has been co-opted by the anti-gun agenda.”

Read it at Connecticut Post

January 29, 2013 7:05 AM

Sorry kids... Once Mr. Heslin chose to politicize his child's death, he doesn't get a pass to dictate removal of people's Constitutional Rights without recourse from those who oppose the loss of their Freedoms.

It is not about our children, not about our citizens, not about our communities, not about our society, not about our country...it is about YOU.

Thank you for clarifying. You right wing scum need to keep running on these positions. As a liberal, I would love to see every right winger run out of Washington and every state house in the union.

I thought it would be impossible. But now I see it is becoming likely. Turds always sink to the bottom of the toilet. All we will have to do is flush.

You don't have rights to kill a six year old with assault weapons and clips..

Idiot.
He wasn't killed with an assault weapon, Moonbat!

Christ, if you loony idiots are going to make a statement, at least know what the hell you're talking about.

It is not about our children, not about our citizens, not about our communities, not about our society, not about our country...it is about YOU.

Thank you for clarifying. You right wing scum need to keep running on these positions. As a liberal, I would love to see every right winger run out of Washington and every state house in the union.

I thought it would be impossible. But now I see it is becoming likely. Turds always sink to the bottom of the toilet. All we will have to do is flush.

You seem to think all these people are mutually exclusive, they are not. Liberals are all about self interest, so I see your problem.

Rights for what? Please show me exactly where the Constitution gives us the "Right" to own military assualt weapons.

I do support the idea that the 2nd gives us the right to conceal carry. But if you concede that it does not give us the "Right" to own say....Rocket Propelled Grenades then you agree that a line must be drawn somewhere, right?

And BTW.....if that was MY child or grandchild pictured in that casket I would stick that picture in your face.

#1 An AR is not military grade.. if this were about M-16s or M-60s or AT-4s, I would partially concede your point

(And an AR is manufactured for one reason. To kill as many people as fast as possible. It has no real hunting value.)

#2 I think where the line needs to be drawn is on the person, not the weapon

(I can agree up to a point. But the NRA opposed legislation that would keep guns out of the hands of people who are mentaly ill and opposed legislation to increase background checks to keep guns out of the hands of criminals. They also oppose registration that helps catch criminals.)

#3 There is nothing I am hearing on this in truthful detail except what we hear from wingers.. which makes it very suspect

If you can show where the information is wrong in the OP then please do.

BULLSHIT

It is manufactured for one reason and one reason only.. to fire projectiles at the designed rate and velocity.. your 'to kill as many people as possible' statement is pure BULLSHIT.. if that were the case, the weapon design would be MUCH different... as for no real hunting value, that is also pure bullshit... as I have hunted with mine many times... great varmint gun and I have hunted deer effectively as well. It is all about how you use it, how comfortable you are with it, etc....

The NRA will oppose many things.. some I agree with and some I do not... but you best watch the blanket statements and look at everything that was in the bills that were opposed

Forum List

Back