Father of Newtown Victim Heckled

We do have a cancer in our society. The cancer is you.

Why? Because I would respect the rights of a father whose 6 year old son was brutally murdered by letting him speak his peace without heckling him?

Assuming this was a gun control hearing his "rights" to express himself is not anymore important than anyone elses. This wasn't a memorial for his son. In fact I bet he was demanding that the hecklers rights to own guns be infringed on. All based on raw emotion.

It would take me about 60 seconds with a decent rasp to make an AR-15 full auto.

And you would be breaking the law in doing so.

Just because you would break the law does not mean others should have to pay the price for your crime.

So the fact that modifying an AR-15 is illegal means criminals won't do it?

Got it. :lol:

No the point other than the one on your head is that you don't deny rights to people who do nothing wrong in order to possibly stop one person from doing wrong.

Just like you haven't been thrown in jail if some other guy runs down an old lady in a car that is the same make and model as yours.

so why are you here trying to convice peopel to join your ideas?

I'm not.

I am merely pointing out the idiocy of denying law abiding citizens their rights in order to possibly prevent a criminal from doing harm.

Tell me if you drove a ford fiesta would you want it taken away because some guy drove the same model car into a bunch of kids on the playground?

And you would be breaking the law in doing so.

Just because you would break the law does not mean others should have to pay the price for your crime.

No the point other than the one on your head is that you don't deny rights to people who do nothing wrong in order to possibly stop one person from doing wrong.

Just like you haven't been thrown in jail if some other guy runs down an old lady in a car that is the same make and model as yours.

The point is that some question the wisdom of selling weapons that can so easily be turned into fully automatic.

I have no problem with gun rights, however the line has to be drawn somewhere, unless the individual believs it wise for citizens to be able to own fully atomatic weapons, artillery, etc.

I'm not.

I am merely pointing out the idiocy of denying law abiding citizens their rights in order to possibly prevent a criminal from doing harm.

Tell me if you drove a ford fiesta would you want it taken away because some guy drove the same model car into a bunch of kids on the playground?

Weapons have one purpose; to fire a projectile meant to kill or main.

Automobiles have a purpose other than to kill.

The point is that some question the wisdom of selling weapons that can so easily be turned into fully automatic.

I have no problem with gun rights, however the line has to be drawn somewhere, unless the individual believs it wise for citizens to be able to own fully atomatic weapons, artillery, etc.

It seems to be very safe to do so. Look at the number of legally owned weapons. Then look at murders committed by those legal gun owners. Very small number.

We do have a cancer in our society. The cancer is you.

Why? Because I would respect the rights of a father whose 6 year old son was brutally murdered by letting him speak his peace without heckling him?

Assuming this was a gun control hearing his "rights" to express himself is not anymore important than anyone elses. This wasn't a memorial for his son. In fact I bet he was demanding that the hecklers rights to own guns be infringed on. All based on raw emotion.

I am the father of two grown children. I can't imagine the pain that man is going through. If you can't at least defend his right to speak his mind without being heckled, then don't try to lecture anyone about rights.

Someone with a different point of view has an equal right to state their views. But heckling someone tells me that person has no respect for anyone else's rights.

The Ar 15 used in the recent shooting was not modified to be fully auto.

That has never been an issue in the debates.

bullshit, you dont like democracy either
so why are you trying to pretend what the people say matters?

Then you tell me how an AR 15 semiautomatic that shoots a .223 round is any different than my Ruger Mini 14 semiautomatic that shoots a .223 round other than cosmetics.

And again we live in a constitutional republic not a democracy.

nope we live in a democratic republic which is a democracy.

and you should NOT be trying to convince anyone to join you in your thoughts because you should NOT want the majority of people to agree with you because according to YOU the majority is NEVER NEVER correct

Tell us TM, where does it say in our Constitution a Democratic Republic?
We are a Republic.

What our Constitution says is
We are guaranteed a Republic form of Government.

I'm not.

That was not my question.

I am the father of two grown children. I can't imagine the pain that man is going through. If you can't at least defend his right to speak his mind without being heckled, then don't try to lecture anyone about rights.

Someone with a different point of view has an equal right to state their views. But heckling someone tells me that person has no respect for anyone else's rights.

This coming from you huh? Mkay...

I'm not.

That was not my question.

Your question was based on a logical fallacy.

I'm not.

No. Guns do not have just one purpose.
Have you never heard of, or been to a Gun Sporting show?
They shoot at targets and have competitions. They get money and awards.

Rights for what? Please show me exactly where the Constitution gives us the "Right" to own military assualt weapons.

I do support the idea that the 2nd gives us the right to conceal carry. But if you concede that it does not give us the "Right" to own say....Rocket Propelled Grenades then you agree that a line must be drawn somewhere, right?

And BTW.....if that was MY child or grandchild pictured in that casket I would stick that picture in your face.

#1 An AR is not military grade.. if this were about M-16s or M-60s or AT-4s, I would partially concede your point
#2 I think where the line needs to be drawn is on the person, not the weapon
#3 There is nothing I am hearing on this in truthful detail except what we hear from wingers.. which makes it very suspect

An M-16 is actually an AR-15, so they are military grade.

An M16 is not an AR15. Some of the parts are interchangeable but an AR15 to be legal has no M16 parts and cannot fire in full auto.

Both are weak weapons with very little stopping power. If you want to do some damage I'd perfer an AK47 or a shotgun.

I'm not.

No. Guns do not have just one purpose.
Have you never heard of, or been to a Gun Sporting show?
They shoot at targets and have competitions. They get money and awards.

Proven to be good investments for some too.

#1 An AR is not military grade.. if this were about M-16s or M-60s or AT-4s, I would partially concede your point
#2 I think where the line needs to be drawn is on the person, not the weapon
#3 There is nothing I am hearing on this in truthful detail except what we hear from wingers.. which makes it very suspect

An M-16 is actually an AR-15, so they are military grade.

An M16 is not an AR15. Some of the parts are interchangeable but an AR15 to be legal has no M16 parts and cannot fire in full auto.

Both are weak weapons with very little stopping power. If you want to do some damage I'd perfer an AK47 or a shotgun.

The only difference between an AR-15 and the M-16 is the sear.

That's it.

Our right to snuggle our living children outweights your right to snuggle a mankiller of a gun.

fist meet face

Both are Constitutional Rights TM.
Armed Guards for our Children to be safe.
Citizens rights to own guns.

The Constitution says we have the right for our Citizens (children) to be safe and our citizens to be armed.
It is not just one or the other.
It is not a a pick and choose situation.

the scotus has already said gun laws are perfectly constitutional.

did they say that making swiss cheese out of children is perfectly constitutional?

NO

You on the right dont have a legal leg to stand on under the laws in this country.

the people can deside to not allow these types of guns to be manufactured or sold in this country.

that is perfectly constitutional.

YOU do not have the right to snuggle a man killer gun because you are affraid of everyone.

All parents have the right to snuggle live children.

that is perfectly constitutional

Forum List

Back