Father of Newtown Victim Heckled

Rights for what? Please show me exactly where the Constitution gives us the "Right" to own military assualt weapons.

I do support the idea that the 2nd gives us the right to conceal carry. But if you concede that it does not give us the "Right" to own say....Rocket Propelled Grenades then you agree that a line must be drawn somewhere, right?

And BTW.....if that was MY child or grandchild pictured in that casket I would stick that picture in your face.

#1 An AR is not military grade.. if this were about M-16s or M-60s or AT-4s, I would partially concede your point
#2 I think where the line needs to be drawn is on the person, not the weapon
#3 There is nothing I am hearing on this in truthful detail except what we hear from wingers.. which makes it very suspect

An M-16 is actually an AR-15, so they are military grade.

No.. they are not.. but nice try

It would take me about 60 seconds with a decent rasp to make an AR-15 full auto.

And you would be breaking the law in doing so.

Just because you would break the law does not mean others should have to pay the price for your crime.

So the fact that modifying an AR-15 is illegal means criminals won't do it?

Got it. :lol:

So you fully admit criminals do not follow gun laws.. and will get a hold of or modify to meet their needs... glad you understand that and that banning these 'assault weapons' (designated by appearance only) will do nothing but limit the law abiding while the criminal still does what they want

You bring out your dead child as a reason to remove or limit my rights when I have done nothing wrong, then I have the right to question your integrity, honesty, Morales, and respect for the one who died.

You don't have rights to kill a six year old with assault weapons and clips..

Idiot.
He wasn't killed with an assault weapon, Moonbat!

Christ, if you loony idiots are going to make a statement, at least know what the hell you're talking about.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_2TjisqPqA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_2TjisqPqA[/ame]

Transcript: Connecticut State Police briefing on the Sandy Hook shooting on Dec. 16, 2012

Partial transcript of press conference remarks by Connecticut State Police Lt. Paul Vance on the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting on Dec. 16, 2012:

State Police Lt. Paul Vance: The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner has provided us with information relative to the last two deceased.

The female that was found in the secondary location at 36 Yogananda Street in Newtown has been positively identified as Nancy Lanza. Her birthday is Sept. 6, 1960. Her cause of death is multiple gunshot wounds and the death has been ruled a homicide.

The male subject identified as the shooter at Sandy Hook Elementary School has been positively identified as Adam Lanza. He resided at that resident. His cause of death was gunshot wound. His death has been ruled a suicide.

There’s been questions about the weaponry and I’d like to take a minute to discuss with you briefly – very superficially – some of the information that we can release at this time.

The weapon that was utilized most of the time during this horrific crime was identified as a Bushmaster AR-15 assault type weapon. It had high-capacity magazines.

In addition to that, the subject had in his possession a Glock 10mm, a Sig Sauer 9mm – both weapons – all weapons had multiple magazines and additional ammunition.

The fourth weapon recovered was a shotgun that was recovered from the suspect’s vehicle that was parked outside the school.

That weaponry, as I said, is going to be completely examined in the forensic laboratory. It’s going to be historically searched so we can attempt to determine every path that those weapons took since they were manufactured, every time that they were used, and as much information as possible that we can obtain relative to each and every one weapon.

The last thing is I’d like to re-state what we stated this morning about anyone that harasses, threatens, or intimidates, or interferes with the investigation, utilizing any social media of any type relative to this horrific crime will be fully investigated and fully prosecuted to the extent of the law. We’re talking about harassment includes in-person contact but also contact on the Internet, social media, telephone, and any other means of communication.

We again are asking and imploring members of the media to please respect the families’ privacies. We are continuing to staff a trooper as a conduit or a line of communication to assist the families – all 26 families in this incident – and we’ll do so per the Colonel of the State Police indefinitely.

I’ll take a couple of questions, again, understanding that there are certain things that we still cannot answer, that we cannot discuss.

Press briefing Q&A:

Question: [inaudible]

State Police Lt. Paul Vance: I do not know the weapon that Nancy Lanza was shot with. I simply don’t know that. The Bushmaster was used, as was explained yesterday, in the school in its entirety and the handgun was used to take his own life.

I wouldn't call that heckling.

Then again I wouldn't use a dead kid as a prop to pass laws that deny others their rights either.

I do support the idea that the 2nd gives us the right to conceal carry. But if you concede that it does not give us the "Right" to own say....Rocket Propelled Grenades then you agree that a line must be drawn somewhere, right?

Conceal carry is actually the most dangerous by far. Handguns are responsible for far, far, far, far, far, far more murders then all other guns in this country, and the reason people can carry them without anybody knowing.

People don't walk around in public carrying assault weapons because they are not conceable like handguns.

If we really want to cut down on murders handguns need to be the first thing we ban.

Idiot.

Christ, if you loony idiots are going to make a statement, at least know what the hell you're talking about.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_2TjisqPqA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_2TjisqPqA[/ame]

Transcript: Connecticut State Police briefing on the Sandy Hook shooting on Dec. 16, 2012

Partial transcript of press conference remarks by Connecticut State Police Lt. Paul Vance on the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting on Dec. 16, 2012:

State Police Lt. Paul Vance: The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner has provided us with information relative to the last two deceased.

The female that was found in the secondary location at 36 Yogananda Street in Newtown has been positively identified as Nancy Lanza. Her birthday is Sept. 6, 1960. Her cause of death is multiple gunshot wounds and the death has been ruled a homicide.

The male subject identified as the shooter at Sandy Hook Elementary School has been positively identified as Adam Lanza. He resided at that resident. His cause of death was gunshot wound. His death has been ruled a suicide.

There’s been questions about the weaponry and I’d like to take a minute to discuss with you briefly – very superficially – some of the information that we can release at this time.

The weapon that was utilized most of the time during this horrific crime was identified as a Bushmaster AR-15 assault type weapon. It had high-capacity magazines.

In addition to that, the subject had in his possession a Glock 10mm, a Sig Sauer 9mm – both weapons – all weapons had multiple magazines and additional ammunition.

The fourth weapon recovered was a shotgun that was recovered from the suspect’s vehicle that was parked outside the school.

That weaponry, as I said, is going to be completely examined in the forensic laboratory. It’s going to be historically searched so we can attempt to determine every path that those weapons took since they were manufactured, every time that they were used, and as much information as possible that we can obtain relative to each and every one weapon.

The last thing is I’d like to re-state what we stated this morning about anyone that harasses, threatens, or intimidates, or interferes with the investigation, utilizing any social media of any type relative to this horrific crime will be fully investigated and fully prosecuted to the extent of the law. We’re talking about harassment includes in-person contact but also contact on the Internet, social media, telephone, and any other means of communication.

We again are asking and imploring members of the media to please respect the families’ privacies. We are continuing to staff a trooper as a conduit or a line of communication to assist the families – all 26 families in this incident – and we’ll do so per the Colonel of the State Police indefinitely.

I’ll take a couple of questions, again, understanding that there are certain things that we still cannot answer, that we cannot discuss.

Press briefing Q&A:

Question: [inaudible]

State Police Lt. Paul Vance: I do not know the weapon that Nancy Lanza was shot with. I simply don’t know that. The Bushmaster was used, as was explained yesterday, in the school in its entirety and the handgun was used to take his own life.
Thanks for verifying that an assault weapon wasn't used......A semi-automatic rifle was.

You bring out your dead child as a reason to remove or limit my rights when I have done nothing wrong, then I have the right to question your integrity, honesty, Morales, and respect for the one who died.

Idiot.

What about the kid who had been hit 11 times, what do you suppose caused that?

Just stfu. Nobody wants to hear your excuses.

Idiot.

Blow it out your fat ass, Moonbat.

What caused the kid to be hit 11 times?......A handgun, or semi-automatic rifle, obviously.

There were ZERO assault weapons found on scene, nor is there any evidece that an assault weapon was used, dumbass.

Ya' might want to know what the hell you're talking aboout, before opening that typically loony liberal mouth....or, simply, stfu.

What caused the kid to be hit 11 times?......A handgun, or semi-automatic rifle, obviously.

There were ZERO assault weapons found on scene, nor is there any evidece that an assault weapon was used, dumbass.

Ya' might want to know what the hell you're talking aboout, before opening that typically loony liberal mouth....or, simply, stfu.

I do know what your justification is and it's really just semantics. Those poor babies were overkilled and you're arguing whether what was used was an actual assault weapon?

Pathetic.

If that's the case maybe we do need to ban all of them.

Uh oh, turns out the "heckling" was a crowd response to a question.

“I ask if there’s anybody in this room that can give me one reason or challenge this question … why anybody in this room needs to have one of these assault-style weapons or military weapons or high-capacity clips. [Pause, waiting for response.] Not one person can answer that question.”

Audience members: ”[Unintelligible] Second Amendment shall not be infringed”

Public official: “Please no comments while Mr. Heslin is speaking. Or we’ll clear the room. Mr. Heslin please continue.”

How is it heckling when he asks a question?

We have a cancer in this country, and they are armed.

628x471.jpg

Neil Heslin, father of 6-year-old Newtown shooting victim Jesse Lewis, was heckled at the Connecticut State Legislature as he testified Tuesday in hearings on the aftermath of the Newtown massacre. Gun enthusiasts shouted “the Second Amendment!” several times while Heslin, holding a picture of his son, wondered why Bushmaster assault-style weapons such as the one shooter Adam Lanza used should be sold in the state. “There are a lot of things that should be changed to prevent what happened,” Heslin said. Around 1,500 people—both pro-gun and anti, who all had to pass through metal detectors—attended the hearings at the Connecticut capitol under heightened security. Hundreds testified, with one lawyer insisting “the local and national debate has been co-opted by the anti-gun agenda.”

Read it at Connecticut Post

January 29, 2013 7:05 AM

Some people (and by some people, I mean the hecklers) just need an ass-whoopin' in order to learn what is and isn't acceptable public behavior in certain situations.

I do know what your justification is and it's really just semantics. Those poor babies were overkilled and you're arguing whether what was used was an actual assault weapon?

Pathetic.

Overkilled?? Overkilled?? Is that somehow worse than killed??

This is probably the dumbest thing you have ever posted... and that is saying a lot

Uh oh, turns out the "heckling" was a crowd response to a question.

“I ask if there’s anybody in this room that can give me one reason or challenge this question … why anybody in this room needs to have one of these assault-style weapons or military weapons or high-capacity clips. [Pause, waiting for response.] Not one person can answer that question.”

Audience members: ”[Unintelligible] Second Amendment shall not be infringed”

Public official: “Please no comments while Mr. Heslin is speaking. Or we’ll clear the room. Mr. Heslin please continue.”

How is it heckling when he asks a question?

Because it was not following the political theater script.

We have a cancer in this country, and they are armed.

628x471.jpg

Neil Heslin, father of 6-year-old Newtown shooting victim Jesse Lewis, was heckled at the Connecticut State Legislature as he testified Tuesday in hearings on the aftermath of the Newtown massacre. Gun enthusiasts shouted “the Second Amendment!” several times while Heslin, holding a picture of his son, wondered why Bushmaster assault-style weapons such as the one shooter Adam Lanza used should be sold in the state. “There are a lot of things that should be changed to prevent what happened,” Heslin said. Around 1,500 people—both pro-gun and anti, who all had to pass through metal detectors—attended the hearings at the Connecticut capitol under heightened security. Hundreds testified, with one lawyer insisting “the local and national debate has been co-opted by the anti-gun agenda.”

Read it at Connecticut Post

January 29, 2013 7:05 AM

Some people (and by some people, I mean the hecklers) just need an ass-whoopin' in order to learn what is and isn't acceptable public behavior in certain situations.

Let me get this straight. You're against violence to the point you will fight someone. Clearly your moron license is in no danger of expiring.

Idiot.

Seeing as the shooter didn't have an assault weapon, but a semi automatic, I'd say you owe someone an apology Sarah.

Let me get this right.... This guy asked a question and saying The second amendment shall not be infringed is heckling???? You fucking fascists know no boundaries.

Answering a question is expressly forbidden in the Constitution?

When you express a point of view, expect the opposing point of view to reply.

Pathetic.

Overkilled?? Overkilled?? Is that somehow worse than killed??

This is probably the dumbest thing you have ever posted... and that is saying a lot

2over·kill noun \ˈō-vər-ˌkil\
Definition of OVERKILL
1: a destructive capacity greatly exceeding that required for a given target
2: an excess of something (as a quantity or an action) beyond what is required or suitable for a particular purpose <publicity overkill> <an overkill in weaponry>
3: killing in excess of what is intended or required

Pretty common term.

Forum List

Back