Father of Newtown Victim Heckled

We have a cancer in this country, and they are armed.

628x471.jpg

Neil Heslin, father of 6-year-old Newtown shooting victim Jesse Lewis, was heckled at the Connecticut State Legislature as he testified Tuesday in hearings on the aftermath of the Newtown massacre. Gun enthusiasts shouted “the Second Amendment!” several times while Heslin, holding a picture of his son, wondered why Bushmaster assault-style weapons such as the one shooter Adam Lanza used should be sold in the state. “There are a lot of things that should be changed to prevent what happened,” Heslin said. Around 1,500 people—both pro-gun and anti, who all had to pass through metal detectors—attended the hearings at the Connecticut capitol under heightened security. Hundreds testified, with one lawyer insisting “the local and national debate has been co-opted by the anti-gun agenda.”

Read it at Connecticut Post

January 29, 2013 7:05 AM

Some people (and by some people, I mean the hecklers) just need an ass-whoopin' in order to learn what is and isn't acceptable public behavior in certain situations.

Let me get this straight. You're against violence to the point you will fight someone. Clearly your moron license is in no danger of expiring.

I didn't say I was against violence. There are clearly times when violence is an appropriate response to someone who is intentionally pushing your buttons. I don't think it's a frequent occurrence, but it DOES happen. But I should qualify the statement. I firmly believe a warning should be issued first so the person is clearly on notice that his behavior is unacceptable and it will not be allowed to continue...one way or another. The choice is his on whether he stops his behavior or faces the consequences of that behavior. And there are degrees of violence, of course. Throwing someone out of a public place (expelling them, if you prefer) is a form of violence. An ass-whoopin' is merely the most flagrant example. And to qualify further, very often the threat of an ass-whoopin' is ALL it will take to get someone to straighten up and fly right because most people on the receiving end don't really want to take it that far...especially if and when they know that you are perfectly willing to do it if they don't stop their behavior.

Some people (and by some people, I mean the hecklers) just need an ass-whoopin' in order to learn what is and isn't acceptable public behavior in certain situations.

Let me get this straight. You're against violence to the point you will fight someone. Clearly your moron license is in no danger of expiring.

I didn't say I was against violence. There are clearly times when violence is an appropriate response to someone who is intentionally pushing your buttons. I don't think it's a frequent occurrence, but it DOES happen. But I should qualify the statement. I firmly believe a warning should be issued first so the person is clearly on notice that his behavior is unacceptable and it will not be allowed to continue...one way or another. The choice is his on whether he stops his behavior or faces the consequences of that behavior. And there are degrees of violence, of course. Throwing someone out of a public place (expelling them, if you prefer) is a form of violence. An ass-whoopin' is merely the most flagrant example. And to qualify further, very often the threat of an ass-whoopin' is ALL it will take to get someone to straighten up and fly right because most people on the receiving end don't really want to take it that far...especially if and when they know that you are perfectly willing to do it if they don't stop their behavior.

Fair enough, in that case all you left wing loons are on notice.

The AR 15 is merely a semiautomatic rifle not unlike any other semiautomatic rifle??? :cuckoo:
I thought you said to cut the bullshit. :cool:

If you would do a little research and not buy into all the BS, then you would know that the AR 15 is merely a semiautomatic rifle not unlike any other semiautomatic rifle. If you fail to do the research your paranoia will make you believe the AR15 is a scary black gun, that just by touching it will fry you mind and turn you into a killing machine

Uh oh, turns out the "heckling" was a crowd response to a question.

“I ask if there’s anybody in this room that can give me one reason or challenge this question … why anybody in this room needs to have one of these assault-style weapons or military weapons or high-capacity clips. [Pause, waiting for response.] Not one person can answer that question.”

Audience members: ”[Unintelligible] Second Amendment shall not be infringed”

Public official: “Please no comments while Mr. Heslin is speaking. Or we’ll clear the room. Mr. Heslin please continue.”

How is it heckling when he asks a question?

Changes the whole story.

This story is not how it went down. If anyone cares to watch and listen to the UNEDITED tape he wasn't heckled. The question was asked and answered....twice. Fast Forward to the 15:10 minute mark. The media spins these things.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=R_wKQaWUMGE]Untitled - YouTube[/ame]

628x471.jpg

Neil Heslin, father of 6-year-old Newtown shooting victim Jesse Lewis, was heckled at the Connecticut State Legislature as he testified Tuesday in hearings on the aftermath of the Newtown massacre. Gun enthusiasts shouted “the Second Amendment!” several times while Heslin, holding a picture of his son, wondered why Bushmaster assault-style weapons such as the one shooter Adam Lanza used should be sold in the state. “There are a lot of things that should be changed to prevent what happened,” Heslin said. Around 1,500 people—both pro-gun and anti, who all had to pass through metal detectors—attended the hearings at the Connecticut capitol under heightened security. Hundreds testified, with one lawyer insisting “the local and national debate has been co-opted by the anti-gun agenda.”

Sorry kids... Once Mr. Heslin chose to politicize his child's death, he doesn't get a pass to dictate removal of people's Constitutional Rights without recourse from those who oppose the loss of their Freedoms.

Yea, but looking at that picture of him and his kid is nearly enough to bring me to tears. I am against what he was there to do, but silence and respect is what he deserved. Heckling wouldn't and didn't help anyways. Sometimes civility is the best method. If I was there my heckling would be crying like a baby! Not sure how any person could even have the ballz to insult this guy! This guy could have blamed it on the Jewish bankster and called for another Holocaust and I would still feel for him and say nothing while he spoke!

I wouldn't call that heckling.

Then again I wouldn't use a dead kid as a prop to pass laws that deny others their rights either.

"A dead kid". You've got to be kidding... How moronic.

December 11, 2012. On Tuesday, 22-year-old Jacob Tyler Roberts killed 2 people and himself with a stolen rifle in Clackamas Town Center, Oregon. His motive is unknown.

September 27, 2012. Five were shot to death by 36-year-old Andrew Engeldinger at Accent Signage Systems in Minneapolis, MN. Three others were wounded. Engeldinger went on a rampage after losing his job, ultimately killing himself.

August 5, 2012. Six Sikh temple members were killed when 40-year-old US Army veteran Wade Michael Page opened fire in a gurdwara in Oak Creek, Wisconsin. Four others were injured, and Page killed himself.

July 20, 2012. During the midnight premiere of The Dark Knight Rises in Aurora, CO, 24-year-old James Holmes killed 12 people and wounded 58. Holmes was arrested outside the theater.

May 29, 2012. Ian Stawicki opened fire on Cafe Racer Espresso in Seattle, WA, killing 5 and himself after a citywide manhunt.

April 6, 2012. Jake England, 19, and Alvin Watts, 32, shot 5 black men in Tulsa, Oklahoma, in racially motivated shooting spree. Three died.

April 2, 2012. A former student, 43-year-old One L. Goh killed 7 people at Oikos University, a Korean Christian college in Oakland, CA. The shooting was the sixth-deadliest school massacre in the US and the deadliest attack on a school since the 2007 Virginia Tech massacre.

February 27, 2012. Three students were killed by Thomas “TJ” Lane, another student, in a rampage at Chardon High School in Chardon, OH. Three others were injured.

October 14, 2011. Eight people died in a shooting at Salon Meritage hair salon in Seal Beach, CA. The gunman, 41-year-old Scott Evans Dekraai, killed six women and two men dead, while just one woman survived. It was Orange County’s deadliest mass killing.

September 6, 2011. Eduardo Sencion, 32, entered an IHOP restaurant in Carson City, NV and shot 12 people. Five died, including three National Guard members.

January 8, 2011. Former Rep. Gabby Giffords (D-AZ) was shot in the head when 22-year-old Jared Loughner opened fire on an event she was holding at a Safeway market in Tucson, AZ. Six people died, including Arizona District Court Chief Judge John Roll, one of Giffords’ staffers, and a 9-year-old girl. 19 total were shot. Loughner has been sentenced to seven life terms plus 140 years, without parole.

August 3, 2010. Omar S. Thornton, 34, gunned down Hartford Beer Distributor in Manchester, CT after getting caught stealing beer. Nine were killed, including Thornton, and two were injured.

November 5, 2009. Forty-three people were shot by Army psychiatrist Nidal Malik Hasan at the Fort Hood army base in Texas. Hasan reportedly yelled “Allahu Akbar!” before opening fire, killing 13 and wounding 29 others.

April 3, 2009. Jiverly Wong, 41, opened fire at an immigration center in Binghamton, New York before committing suicide. He killed 13 people and wounded 4.

March 29, 2009. Eight people died in a shooting at the Pinelake Health and Rehab nursing home in Carthage, NC. The gunman, 45-year-old Robert Stewart, was targeting his estranged wife who worked at the home and survived. Stewart was sentenced to life in prison.

February 14, 2008. Steven Kazmierczak, 27, opened fire in a lecture hall at Northern Illinois University, killing 6 and wounding 21. The gunman shot and killed himself before police arrived. It was the fifth-deadliest university shooting in US history.

February 7, 2008. Six people died and two were injured in a shooting spree at the City Hall in Kirkwood, Missouri. The gunman, Charles Lee Thornton, opened fire during a public meeting after being denied construction contracts he believed he deserved. Thornton was killed by police.

December 5, 2007. A 19-year-old boy, Robert Hawkins, shot up a department store in the Westroads Mall in Omaha, NE. Hawkins killed 9 people and wounded 4 before killing himself. The semi-automatic rifle he used was stolen from his stepfather’s house.

April 16, 2007. Virginia Tech became the site of the deadliest school shooting in US history when a student, Seung-Hui Choi, gunned down 56 people. Thirty-two people died in the massacre.

February 12, 2007. In Salt Lake City’s Trolley Square Mall, 5 people were shot to death and 4 others were wounded by 18-year-old gunman Sulejman Talović. One of the victims was a 16-year-old boy.

October 2, 2006. An Amish schoolhouse in Lancaster, PA was gunned down by 32-year-old Charles Carl Roberts, Roberts separated the boys from the girls, binding and shooting the girls. 5 young girls died, while 6 were injured. Roberts committed suicide afterward.

March 25, 2006. Seven died and 2 were injured by 28-year-old Kyle Aaron Huff in a shooting spree through Capitol Hill in Seattle, WA. The massacre was the worst killing in Seattle since 1983.

March 21, 2005. Teenager Jeffrey Weise killed his grandfather and his grandfather’s girlfriend before opening fire on Red Lake Senior High School, killing 9 people on campus and injuring 5. Weise killed himself.

March 12, 2005. A Living Church of God meeting was gunned down by 44-year-old church member Terry Michael Ratzmann at a Sheraton hotel in Brookfield, WI. Ratzmann was thought to have had religious motivations, and killed himself after executing the pastor, the pastor’s 16-year-old son, and 7 others. Four were wounded.

July 8, 2003. Doug Williams, a Lockheed Martin employee, shot up his plant in Meridian, MS in a racially-motivated rampage. He shot 14 people, most of them African American, and killed 7 before killing himself.

December 26, 2000. Edgewater Technology employee Michael “Mucko” McDermott shot and killed seven of his coworkers at the office in Wakefield, MA. McDermott claimed he had “traveled back in time and killed Hitler and the last 6 Nazis.” He was sentenced to 7 consecutive life sentences.

September 15, 1999. Larry Gene Ashbrook opened fire on a Christian rock concert and teen prayer rally at Wedgewood Baptist Church in Fort Worth, TX. He killed 7 people and wounded 7 others, almost all teenagers. Ashbrook committed suicide.

July 29, 1999. Mark Orrin Barton, 44, murdered his wife and two children with a hammer before shooting up two Atlanta day trading firms. Barton, a day trader, was believed to be motivated by huge monetary losses. He killed 12 including his family and injured 13 before killing himself.

April 20, 1999. In the deadliest high school shooting in US history, teenagers Eric Harris and Dylan Kiebold shot up Columbine High School in Littleton, CO. They killed 13 people and wounded 21 others. They killed themselves after the massacre.

628x471.jpg

where you been dude. The dude wasn't heckled. Bashir edited the tape

This is why I really dislike the mainstream media and politics. They pit us against each other...

As usual once the full facts are known another thread premise bites the dust. Sad part is the op and several others just won't admit the facts do not represent what was being portrayed here on usmb

Par for the course

If this has already been pointed out I apologize but this is just another case of liberal lying. Here is the unedited version in which the man asks a question and then chides the attendance into answering. When they do they are gaveled down and say nothing more. Really liberals you have to realize this is the information age and when you doctor things you are going to be found out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[

Let me get this straight. You're against violence to the point you will fight someone. Clearly your moron license is in no danger of expiring.[/QUOTE]

I think you miss the point, just as Muhammad Ali said about being drafted, he doesn't want to kill anyone just beat the sh.. out of them. (I doubt he really said that)

Any way the point being made was that obviously ass-whoopin' is acceptable public behavior.

628x471.jpg

Of course this is another libtard lie. He asked a question and the audience answered. Honesty escapes the liberal assholes.

I wouldn't call that heckling.

Then again I wouldn't use a dead kid as a prop to pass laws that deny others their rights either.

Rights for what? Please show me exactly where the Constitution gives us the "Right" to own military assualt weapons.

I do support the idea that the 2nd gives us the right to conceal carry. But if you concede that it does not give us the "Right" to own say....Rocket Propelled Grenades then you agree that a line must be drawn somewhere, right?

And BTW.....if that was MY child or grandchild pictured in that casket I would stick that picture in your face.
The whole second amendment was written to protect you against a tyrannical government not hunting. Libtards are unable to comprehend this. But then can they really even read?

No one heckled the father of a slain student. No one. This is a lie started by MSNBC and repeated throughout the rest of the media as though it were true. Here is what really happened: the father made the following comment which was actually in the form of a question:

“I ask if there is anyone who is in this room that can give me one reason or challenge this question: Why anybody in this room needs to have done of these assault-style weapons or military weapons or high capacity clips?” He then looked to his left where people were seated. He paused, and getting no response he then said, “Not one person can answer the question.”

At this point several people in the room gave a very brief response to the question.

No heckling. None. Just a polite answer to a question which they had been directly asked.

The problem is that MSNBC edited out the father's question, which made it appear like heckling. There is no doubt that MSNBC knowingly misrepresented the facts to smear gun owners.

The actual complete video can be seen at the following link.

MSNBC Caught Selectively Editing Another Clip ? This Time of Sandy Hook Victim?s Father | Video | TheBlaze.com

Now that you have "the rest of the story" you can make your own decisions. I did not hear anything I would classify as heckling. Instead, I felt the father asked a question hoping that no one could possibly answer. He intended to show that the failure to answer his question proved his point that there was no reason for "assault weapons" or high capacity clips. However, he did get an answer, but only after he persisted. The father made the mistake of assuming that everyone agreed with him.

The general rule is this: If you ask someone a question, expect an answer. The father asked the question and got an answer. No heckling.

MSNBC has shown - once again - they will distort the news to advance an agenda.

The audience was asked a question and they remained respectfully quiet until he made a statement following the question that no one could answer. That is when they decided it was time to answer. There were people who could provide a reason why they would want to own an AR-15. The father's assertion that no one could answer was answered.

This is not a case of heckling - unless it could be said that the father was heckling after he asked the question.

While I can empathize with his loss and resulting grief I think he asked for a confrontation on the point of his question. He also said that the mental health system needed to be strengthened but because of his loss he wanted to find something or someone to blame for his loss. He chose the gun rather than the person who used it.

My guns have not killed anyone and neither have I, I am not the one to punish for the killer's actions.

No one heckled the father of a slain student. No one. This is a lie started by MSNBC and repeated throughout the rest of the media as though it were true. Here is what really happened: the father made the following comment which was actually in the form of a question:

“I ask if there is anyone who is in this room that can give me one reason or challenge this question: Why anybody in this room needs to have done of these assault-style weapons or military weapons or high capacity clips?” He then looked to his left where people were seated. He paused, and getting no response he then said, “Not one person can answer the question.”

At this point several people in the room gave a very brief response to the question.

No heckling. None. Just a polite answer to a question which they had been directly asked.

The problem is that MSNBC edited out the father's question, which made it appear like heckling. There is no doubt that MSNBC knowingly misrepresented the facts to smear gun owners.

The actual complete video can be seen at the following link.

MSNBC Caught Selectively Editing Another Clip ? This Time of Sandy Hook Victim?s Father | Video | TheBlaze.com

Now that you have "the rest of the story" you can make your own decisions. I did not hear anything I would classify as heckling. Instead, I felt the father asked a question hoping that no one could possibly answer. He intended to show that the failure to answer his question proved his point that there was no reason for "assault weapons" or high capacity clips. However, he did get an answer, but only after he persisted. The father made the mistake of assuming that everyone agreed with him.

The general rule is this: If you ask someone a question, expect an answer. The father asked the question and got an answer. No heckling.

MSNBC has shown - once again - they will distort the news to advance an agenda.

Nice try, but herein lies your problem: The OP is not from MSNBC, it is a Connecticut Post. And there are numerous other publications reporting Neil Heslin was heckled. As a matter of fact those who shouted were warned by the chairman, who threatened to clear the floor.

There is no low that is too low for the right.

The audience was asked a question and they remained respectfully quiet until he made a statement following the question that no one could answer. That is when they decided it was time to answer. There were people who could provide a reason why they would want to own an AR-15. The father's assertion that no one could answer was answered.

This is not a case of heckling - unless it could be said that the father was heckling after he asked the question.

While I can empathize with his loss and resulting grief I think he asked for a confrontation on the point of his question. He also said that the mental health system needed to be strengthened but because of his loss he wanted to find something or someone to blame for his loss. He chose the gun rather than the person who used it.

My guns have not killed anyone and neither have I, I am not the one to punish for the killer's actions.

You right wing turds are the embodiment of victim-hood. The weapon used in this massacre has no place in our communities...NONE. They belong strictly on the battlefield.

Weapons have one purpose; to fire a projectile meant to kill or main.

Automobiles have a purpose other than to kill.

That was not my question.

Your question was based on a logical fallacy.
No it was not.

His question was based on the fact that we do not punish innocent people for the crimes of others.

Taking the guns away from people who have not committed any crimes with them is tantamount to punishing RAV4 owners by banning RAV4's because some drunk crashed into a mall and killed 20 kids.

It is not the car, the model of car that is the problem. It is the person driving the car. The same is said for the weapon. It is not the weapon, nor the model of the weapon that is the problem.

It is the person.

The logical fallacy is thinking that simply because a semi-automatic weapon can be modified, that is is some kind of military grade weapon. It is also a fallacy to wish to take away certain models of guns or clips because they look scary.

Banning weapons actually violates two Constitutional Principles. The Second Amendment, which gives us an unlimited right to bear arms, and The Sixth Amendment. If you wish to take My weapons, you must provide proof I have committed a crime, which means I get to face My accuser.

No place in our society?
They have been used to defend livelihoods in California riots, They are used in civilian markmanship contests, they are used to hunt with, they are used to control pests, and they are perfectly legal for any legal gun owner to have and use. The gun that was used in the grade school to kill children was under the control of a madman that killed his mother to get it. We, the legal gun owners, have committed no crimes and don't deserve to be treated like criminals for the actions of a deranged murderer. These guns wouldn't and shouldn't be on the battlefield. They don't have the rapid-fire capabilities of the guns used on the battlefield - they are semi-auto only. If you handicapped our soldiers with these weapons they wouldn't last very long in battle.

Forum List

Back