Feb jobs report

Since most dims don't work - they just live off other people - what do they care?
Why do you tell lies? Why do you think of the best jobs are in blue states? Why do you think red states are such economic basketcases? If they weren’t able to get rid of EPA regulations and live in filth they wouldn’t even be economically viable.
You know these facts for truth.
Why, when you pick your nose, does your head cave in?

Housing starts up 18+%...

Mixed news. Should be better, but it's not a horror show at this time.

‘Don’t hit panic’ — economists find the jobs report wasn’t as bad as 20,000 headline suggests
This is the "Your wife left you & ran away with the banker, she drained your accounts, took your kids, took a sledge hammer to your truck, ran over your dog but she left you your golf clubs." response?
It was my "this is my profession, and wingers are silly" and my "I'm not a party-over-country, partisan zombie, thankfully" response.

‘Don’t hit panic’ — economists find the jobs report wasn’t as bad as 20,000 headline suggests

Seems traders are not taking his advise

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
I'm not worried about hourly moves in the market.

Or daily. Or weekly. Or monthly. They mean nothing.

Either way, I'll continue to hope for the best, regardless of the politics.

We are 410 days into a period of stagnation. How many more days till it is a concern for you?

This is the "Your wife left you & ran away with the banker, she drained your accounts, took your kids, took a sledge hammer to your truck, ran over your dog but she left you your golf clubs." response?
It was my "this is my profession, and wingers are silly" and my "I'm not a party-over-country, partisan zombie, thankfully" response.
So, the next time we get a good jobs report, you will not say much except "housing starts are down"?

We already have more jobs available than people to fill them. How many more jobs do we need created over and above the labor pool?

■ 20,000 jobs were added last month. Analysts had expected a gain of about 175,000, according to MarketWatch. It was the 101st straight month of job gains, but the weakest report since September 2017.

■ The unemployment rate was 3.8 percent. It was 4 percent in January.

■ Average hourly earnings rose by 0.4 percent after growing by 0.1 percent in January. The year-over-year gain is now 3.4 percent.

Putting the weakness in perspective
January’s payroll gains were exhilarating. February’s numbers were disappointing. Together they offer a potent reminder that each monthly employment report from the Labor Department captures just a moment in time. Longer-term trends are what matter, and the streak of job growth continues to set records.

Still, as Carl Tannenbaum, chief economist of Northern Trust in Chicago, said: “This is a disappointing report. I don’t think there’s any way to sugarcoat it.” Rising wage growth is good for workers, but combined with soft payroll growth, he said, “it’s a signal we need to be cautious with the U.S. economic outlook.”

The sluggish job growth was in stark contrast to the two preceding months, both of which look even stronger after revisions announced on Friday. January’s gains were revised to 311,000 and December’s final estimate was 227,000.

We are 410 days into a period of stagnation. How many more days till it is a concern for you?

Do you work?

So, the next time we get a good jobs report, you will not say much except "housing starts are down"?
You sure as hell won't.

Do you work?

Sure do, someone has to pay taxes so you can get your welfare checks

■ 20,000 jobs were added last month. Analysts had expected a gain of about 175,000, according to MarketWatch. It was the 101st straight month of job gains, but the weakest report since September 2017.

■ The unemployment rate was 3.8 percent. It was 4 percent in January.

■ Average hourly earnings rose by 0.4 percent after growing by 0.1 percent in January. The year-over-year gain is now 3.4 percent.

Putting the weakness in perspective
January’s payroll gains were exhilarating. February’s numbers were disappointing. Together they offer a potent reminder that each monthly employment report from the Labor Department captures just a moment in time. Longer-term trends are what matter, and the streak of job growth continues to set records.

Still, as Carl Tannenbaum, chief economist of Northern Trust in Chicago, said: “This is a disappointing report. I don’t think there’s any way to sugarcoat it.” Rising wage growth is good for workers, but combined with soft payroll growth, he said, “it’s a signal we need to be cautious with the U.S. economic outlook.”

The sluggish job growth was in stark contrast to the two preceding months, both of which look even stronger after revisions announced on Friday. January’s gains were revised to 311,000 and December’s final estimate was 227,000.
You forgot to mention the real unemployment rate is about 41% according to trump and there are 101 million people not working.

Since I have to take this stuff seriously, my level of concern rarely changes.

This is all just partisan noise.

I'll just point out the big picture, as I always do.

And no doubt some winger won't like that. As usual.

Forum List

Back