Federal court upholds Texas social media law, clearing way for users to sue over censorship

They were not pressuring anyone. These state AGs are nothing but crooks. The Biden Administration has free speech rights as well and they have every right to urge social media companies to be responsible.
^ Dangerously stupid & fascistic anti-free speech comments.

Not even when they work with government? LOL!
This is a particularly odious end-run around the Constitution, but what does one expect from deranged shitlibs/Democrats?

Also, private companies cannot legally censor/silence free speech in public areas they maintain, with or without government urging.

This is a particularly odious end-run around the Constitution, but what does one expect from deranged shitlibs/Democrats?

Also, private companies cannot legally censor/silence free speech in public areas they maintain, with or without government urging.

The restrictions on free speech apply only to the government. You are arguing to make Facebook, etc a government entity.

😄

What public areas do Facebook or Twitter maintain?

You going to file the case? No lawyer will take it. No money in it.

Dummy.

Never heard of LegalZoom?

Easy money, and really all I want to do is help you all shut down all these small sites since that is your end game.

It's not even a lie, it's just plain stupid. If a space is owned by a private entity then that space, by definition, isn't public.

They think that the space in front the doors at a WalMart is a public areas they own/maintain. And I can guarantee you that WalMart does indeed censor what is said there.

They think that the space in front the doors at a WalMart is a public areas they own/maintain. And I can guarantee you that WalMart does indeed censor what is said there.
Not only what is said there but they can run off anyone they don't think is there to shop. These idiots have never seen a no loitering sign?

Just stating facts.

The Democrats aren't remotely left - they're liberal, and liberals DESPISE the left.

Yes - I wish conservatives would.

Believing that Democrats are the left is like thinking the Nazis were Jewish.

There is no progressive left; progressives are liberals, not leftists.

The left has little power in most countries, and none in the United States.
Earlier, I explained what an Elmer is....

....one poster, Elmer, came up with this knee-jerk post from one of the indoctrinated:

“ There were hundreds if not thousands of people who lost jobs, careers, even families based on McCarty's (sic) over reach and list he compiled and interrogated. Innocent people.”

Yea Or Nay?

One hears this time and again from the indoctrinated....

If this is true…..it should be eminently simple to prove.

When challenged, he could not name a single such innocent ruined by McCarthy......yet he doubled down with his lies, continuing to blame McCarthy.

And now you....when given documentation that refutes your post, the same.

Another Elmer.

The restrictions on free speech apply only to the government. You are arguing to make Facebook, etc a government entity.
When Xiden and the Demafasict in his admin, meet with Facebook et al, and tell them what to do, they are acting as agents of the Govt, and thus the 1st Amendment applies

But with that said, all this law does, is allow individuals to sue Facebook, and the like...it doesn't mean they will win, but it gives them an avenue to sue

When Xiden and the Demafasict in his admin, meet with Facebook et al, and tell them what to do, they are acting as agents of the Govt, and thus the 1st Amendment applies

Tell you what, discuss this unlike you are a 12 year old and I will be happy to. Unless of course you are 12 years old.

But with that said, all this law does, is allow individuals to sue Facebook, and the like...it doesn't mean they will win, but it gives them an avenue to sue

You an sue now. Nothing stopping you.

Tell you what, discuss this unlike you are a 12 year old and I will be happy to. Unless of course you are 12 years old.

You an sue now. Nothing stopping you.
1) I am happy to
2) I know, thanks to this law.

No, they werent acting as agents of the government. That isnt a real thing unless you're talking about people impersonating law enforcement. Facebook was in its legal right to tell Biden to fuck off. That they chose to work with the administration to mute irresponsible (in their eyes) messaging doesn't change anything. They weren't deputized. They're still operating as a private entity making decisions that involve their private property.

Forum List

Back