Federal Judge Tells U.S. Supreme Court to ****!

"To the average person, the result looks stupid and smells worse," he wrote. "The decision looks misogynist because the majority were all men. It looks partisan because all were appointed by a Republican. The decision looks religiously motivated because each member of the majority belongs to the Catholic church, and that religious organization is opposed to contraception."

Kopf argued that the Supreme Court should have left the case alone, and should stay far away from controversial issues.

"Next term is the time for the Supreme Court to go quiescent–this term and several past terms has proven that the Court is now causing more harm (division) to our democracy than good by deciding hot button cases that the Court has the power to avoid. As the kids says [sic], it is time for the Court to stfu," he wrote."

Well, that's one way to take a stand, and he does have a fair point...

What point? Hobby Lobby provides 16 methods of birth control.

Well you are Sure WRONG this time, Bubba. Judge Kopf is Still Serving as Judge on Senior Status since 2011 to the present. That means he is still hearing cases at this time. Retired would mean he is no longer hearing cases. He is thus SEMI-retired. There is a difference there. A judge on Senior status STILL hears cases and works with a staff, secretary, etc. for your information. Do your homework next time instead of mouthing off that you are never wrong. You are, and you sure need to admit it.

Last edited:
That person who said he was retired was misinformed. He is still an active judge.

Excuse me dick head, I'm NEVER wrong

Richard G. Kopf, Senior United States District Judge

In office
May 26, 1992 – December 1, 2011

Well you are Sure WRONG this time, Bubba. Judge Kopf is Still Serving as Judge on Senior Status since 2011 to the present. Do your homework next time instead of mouthing off that you are never wrong. You are, and you sure need to admit it. So let's hear it.

Senior status is just another word for retired. Senior judges do sit in on cases when their aren't enough judges, but they are retired officially.

WOW!! How about that!! This Federal Judge should be sitting on the Supreme Court right now! Let's Hear It For the Judge who was appointed by the elder daddy Bush!! And that's one of their own Republicans socking it to them!

Hobby Lobby Ruling Prompts Federal Judge To Tell Supreme Court To 'STFU'

It shows that idiocy isn't restricted to Democratic appointees. what a surprise.

For once a Republican is able to see the partisanship of the Supreme Court. You don't like Republicans that don't toe the line, do you?

For putting partisanship into it.
A Judge is suppose to be neutral.

Who the Hell are you kidding? The Supreme Court decision on this was not neutral; it was determined based on religious views. Right or wrong, judges are rarely neutral. Good Lord.

It was determined based on federal law, get over it.

Right....and if the Supreme were to tip to the left and had gone against it, you would be saying they are crooked.....:lol::lol:

WOW!! How about that!! This Federal Judge should be sitting on the Supreme Court right now! Let's Hear It For the Judge who was appointed by the elder daddy Bush!! And that's one of their own Republicans socking it to them!

It shows that idiocy isn't restricted to Democratic appointees. what a surprise.

For once a Republican is able to see the partisanship of the Supreme Court. You don't like Republicans that don't toe the line, do you?

Jut because Bush appointed him doesn't make him a Republiican. All presidents have a habit of appointing judges of both parties, something any well informed person would know.

But it is nice to see that you support a misogynistic asshole just because he agrees with you.

Who the Hell are you kidding? The Supreme Court decision on this was not neutral; it was determined based on religious views. Right or wrong, judges are rarely neutral. Good Lord.

Right....and if the Supreme were to tip to the left and had gone against it, you would be saying they are crooked.....:lol::lol:

I have never said they were crocked, even when they disagreed with me about Obamacare. Nice attempt to project though.

Jut because Bush appointed him doesn't make him a Republiican. All presidents have a habit of appointing judges of both parties, something any well informed person would know.

But it is nice to see that you support a misogynistic asshole just because he agrees with you.

I guess you are not a well informed person, because you assumed he was a Republican with your statement above.

I have never said they were crocked, even when they disagreed with me about Obamacare. Nice attempt to project though.

What I meant when I said Supreme Court tipping to left was, if there were more Democrat than Republican judges and they had gone against Hobby Lobby. There were still more Republican Supreme Court Judges during Obamacare decision, and the only reason Roberts sided with Obamacare was because they were already beginning to look scummy and partisan....and he would have lost all credibility.

Well you are Sure WRONG this time, Bubba. Judge Kopf is Still Serving as Judge on Senior Status since 2011 to the present. Do your homework next time instead of mouthing off that you are never wrong. You are, and you sure need to admit it. So let's hear it.

Senior status is just another word for retired. Senior judges do sit in on cases when their aren't enough judges, but they are retired officially.
If they were truly and unequivocally 'retired' they would not still be sitting in court hearing cases and continuing to render decisions on them while having their full staff and secretaries just as always.

Partisanship, really? They enforced a law passed with virtually unanimous support from the congress and signed by wild willie clinton, that's about as bipartisan as you can get.

Last edited:

If they were truly and unequivocally 'retired' they would not still be sitting in court hearing cases and continuing to render decisions on them while having their full staff and secretaries just as always.

In the federal court system SENIOR Judges are retired and another Judge has been selected to replace them. But some SENIOR Judges continue to accept cases at THEIR DISCRETION.

.Senior status
is a form of semi-retirement for United States federal judges, and judges in some state court systems. After federal judges have reached a certain combination of age and years of service on the federal courts, they are allowed to assume senior status. A judge must be at least 65 and have served for 15 years to qualify, with one fewer year of service required for each additional year of age. When that happens, they receive the full salary of a judge but have the option to take a reduced caseload (although many senior judges choose to continue to work full-time). Additionally, senior judges do not occupy seats; instead, their seats become vacant, and the President may appoint new full-time judges to fill their spots. Depending on how heavy a caseload they carry, senior judges remain entitled to maintain a staffed office, including a secretary and one or more law clerks.

In the federal court system SENIOR Judges are retired and another Judge has been selected to replace them. But some SENIOR Judges continue to accept cases at THEIR DISCRETION.

.Senior status
is a form of semi-retirement for United States federal judges, and judges in some state court systems. After federal judges have reached a certain combination of age and years of service on the federal courts, they are allowed to assume senior status. A judge must be at least 65 and have served for 15 years to qualify, with one fewer year of service required for each additional year of age. When that happens, they receive the full salary of a judge but have the option to take a reduced caseload (although many senior judges choose to continue to work full-time). Additionally, senior judges do not occupy seats; instead, their seats become vacant, and the President may appoint new full-time judges to fill their spots. Depending on how heavy a caseload they carry, senior judges remain entitled to maintain a staffed office, including a secretary and one or more law clerks.
Which simply means that at any rate they're still actively working in court.

I guess you are not a well informed person, because you assumed he was a Republican with your statement above.

How did I do that. oh he who uses a misogynistic asshole to defend his position?

What I meant when I said Supreme Court tipping to left was, if there were more Democrat than Republican judges and they had gone against Hobby Lobby. There were still more Republican Supreme Court Judges during Obamacare decision, and the only reason Roberts sided with Obamacare was because they were already beginning to look scummy and partisan....and he would have lost all credibility.

That doesn't change the fact that I never called SCOTUS crocked just because they disagreed with my analysis of the law. In other words, you are still wrong.

If they weren't retired they wouldn't be able to refuse to pick and choose when they wanted to hear a case.

But, please, keep demonstrating your ignorance of how the US Federal courts work.

Forum List

Back