First Lady gets another stunning hairdo

Is the First Lad wearing a toupee?
she might be too......
the First Lady should stop doing things to her hair.

Frankly....

Well could be extensions......one never knows do one?

132.PNG

I dunno but it has completely ruined that 70s show for me. I'll never be able to watch Kitty without having Michelle's mug superimposed over her face and entire torso, in my mind.

I dunno but it has completely ruined that 70s show for me. I'll never be able to watch Kitty without having Michelle's mug superimposed over her face and entire torso, in my mind.

It was a completely stupid program. I read recently one of it's actors recently died of a drug overdose. Stupid program, stupid people involved in it.

Or maybe she supports a poor village devastated by nature or disease by buying some items from them.

Our church supported a poor village in the poorest area in India one time where women wove their own hand-made cotton bags. We bought and sold at a loss, but it didn't matter. They earned money from our purchases. I carried my college books in one of those bags. It beat getting my books dirty.
good point. But. She can buy them to support, but she should not wear them...
I know first ladies who've supported fashion designers who lived the high life instead of helping other people.

I think a person like Michele Obama, whose good works are seldom published probably has to wear some designer clothes to keep the industry okay, but I bet she also picks some clothes for their comfort and that of a poor village somewhere here or abroad. Her religion may also make her keep her good works and deeds a secret.
I don't think she is religious at all. But I don't know.
I hope she keeps supporting poor people and never forgets them. They don't have access to fancy top-of-the-line fabrics and have to make things from fabrics they make themselves, and they may not own an iron.
silk dupioni IS fancy top-of the fabrics :)
To her credit, Mrs. Obama may not have tried to "fix the little people's lack of an iron" with all her money and resources in order to honor their honest labor and failure to have the best equipment because they're so poor.

well, here I have to disagree. One can iron a silk skirt in 5 minutes - just need a board an iron and a desire to do it and an iron even does not have to be electric. People were starching and ironing clothes ages ago. On all continents and on all economic levels.
You don't have to be rich to iron a skirt.
Slaves in the South when they were attending church or wedding or other event - were all dressed and pressed.

Gosh, I have the impression that actually the ironing is mostly left in the black community - the ladies nicely dressed and going to church on Sundays are always in ironed clothes. And men too.

:)

We do not know, but there's a reason wise people do as they do.

I do not consider wearing wrinkled skirt to be a wise decision. It's most likely a lazy one.
I can appreciate that. In the world of seamstresses, it is considered arrogant to undo or destroy what the previous seamstress did when you are repairing it. You simply cover, but you do not remove what the other person did.

In my world, the decision to wear a skirt that was wrinkled by the maker is a symbol of humility and respect for the other person who did the labor.

Mrs. Obama is right to respect people who haven't been favored as well as she. Also, a lot of her job requires sitting and listening to other people cry a river of complaints and bad feelings. She has to walk through hallways and staircases to get back to her home. I don't think her stopping in the ladies room to change between every sitting would give her enough time to listen to everyone anyway.

It's not a cause celebre for the paparazzi to pounce on every little movement, but they do, and they are well paid for it. It's too bad that we have to take every little small detail and pump it into an outrage.

Mrs. Obama has to sit and listen a lot. Silks, rayons, and natural fabrics wrinkle. :eusa_boohoo:

there is absolutely no proof that she bought that skirt somewhere in the backwards corner on a designer street of poor people as there is absolutely no proof that the original maker of the skirt was planning it wrinkled - it is a pure speculation on your part and extremely stretched.
As a seamstress you should see that the wrinkles are simply the result of it being stored folded somewhere, not the original design.

I am not outraged by her wrinkled skirt.

I am just commenting that the combination of the top and of the style of that skirt makes Michele's butt look big.

The outfit is not flattering.

She should not wear it. Even if she would iron the skirt.

BTW she had so many servants ( more than any other First Lady ever) that she definitely does not do anything herself.

Having so much help she should not appear in the outfits which make her look bad ( the airplane short-top outfit is horrendous).

She is the First Lady and it does have it's limitations - including the necessity to look always top-notch on public.
That is her job.

Is the First Lady wearing a toupee?
she might be too......
the First Lady should stop doing things to her hair.

Frankly....

WHY?

she is a woman - why should not she?

Big Moo's last stunning hairdo turned out to be a wig. I doubt if a wigmaker would deliberately make a wig that looked like it was in the process of being bleached out. That's what hair looks like you know when black hair is being bleached out. It gets orange streaks.

I don't care for that style ... on her or anyone. Too Farrah Fawcett/70's.

I think this looks very good on her, helps tone down the angry brow she tends to have.

michelle-obama-bangs-h-article.jpg

I'm glad she's doing something with her hair because it needs it.

I'm not racist, but I will say racist shit to certain individuals that I hate, Michelle being one, because it's the worst thing I can say and it really, really get's her supporters panties in a twist.

A pile of cow shit - with frosted highlights of course - would be an improvement on top of Michelle's fat fucking head. Now, if she could only suck that ass in a couple of feet...

Forum List

Back