First, Let's Piss Off The Police

Independent thinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
to the point where they will be afraid to do their jobs, leave the profession, and not want to enter the profession - increasing crime rates.

Then, after that, we'll piss off the medical professionals to the point where they will be afraid to do their jobs, leave the profession, and not want to enter the profession - causing severe medical professional shortages just at the same time boomers are needing more and more healthcare.

Wokees are destroying this country.

The police help to commit crimes and as we saw in LA they create criminals doing criminal acts to increase their income.

Even better, let's attack the police and give them every reason to physically restrain you.

to the point where they will be afraid to do their jobs, leave the profession, and not want to enter the profession - increasing crime rates.

Then, after that, we'll piss off the medical professionals to the point where they will be afraid to do their jobs, leave the profession, and not want to enter the profession - causing severe medical professional shortages just at the same time boomers are needing more and more healthcare.

considering how many people die from the wrong drugs its about time they got prosecuted,,

being woke has nothing to do with it,,

how about we dont use woke for everything we dont ;like and make the word useless like racist has become,,

Exactly

Being a Policeman is a profession
You are expected to act professionally.
Why should we settle for anything less?
Police would likely act more professionally if citizens would act more responsibly, and appropriately when interacting with the police.

Unfortunately, the police are reticent to express their opinions for fear of retribution. They are not a happy lot regarding the adjudication of the perps that they arrest. Neither is the general public, the majority of which favors longer sentences as well as the death penalty.

It would be good if police and doctors regulated themselves to punish corrupt behaviors.

Without that, even well meaning politicians don't do a very good job .. because they're not cops or docs.

Police would likely act more professionally if citizens would act more responsibly, and appropriately when interacting with the police.

Unfortunately, the police are reticent to express their opinions for fear of retribution. They are not a happy lot regarding the adjudication of the perps that they arrest. Neither is the general public.
The best thing that ever happened to Police was the body cam
In the majority of cases it shows them acting professionally even when the public is acting like an asshole

It will also show those who are abusing their power. Most police don’t like those guys anyway and are glad to be rid of them.

Patient safety expert Bruce Lambert, in an interview before the verdict, said it was extremely concerning that Vaught was being criminally prosecuted for a medical error.

"This will not only cause nurses and doctors to not report medication errors, it will cause nurses to leave the profession," said Lambert, director of the Center for Communication and Health at Northwestern University.

Sounds like you did not read the list of sequential mistakes of procedure listed, leading to the death.
This case does not lend credence to you your editorial claim. This case is an outlier not a common occurrence in our state, and certainly not at University of Vanderbilt Medical Center, a national leader and possibly the best in TN and surrounding states. Vanderbilt found her guilty of negligence and dismissed her after the incident. I found the report video, very credible, and she was convicted by a jury of her peers. It is reassuring (as one who may have to depend on critical nursing care in an emergency) the action was taken. I say this as the father of an ER nurse at one of the other large medical centers in this state.

Patient safety expert Bruce Lambert, in an interview before the verdict, said it was extremely concerning that Vaught was being criminally prosecuted for a medical error.

"This will not only cause nurses and doctors to not report medication errors, it will cause nurses to leave the profession," said Lambert, director of the Center for Communication and Health at Northwestern University.

yeah, that's insane. It's not enough that med providers can get sued for screwups, now we'll lock them up too.

And it's not enough that Fla can tell all sch districts to not discuss in classes 1-3 "being gay," but we have to let parents sue them for money too.

And it used to be "liberals" who wanted to allow more legal acitons.

It would be good if police and doctors regulated themselves to punish corrupt behaviors.

Without that, even well meaning politicians don't do a very good job .. because they're not cops or docs.
With budgets tightening states are reducing sentencing to reduce overcrowding in prisons in an effort to save money. Of course this is foolhardy as high recidivism rates mean that the same offenders will again clog up the courts and be returned to prison. Long term investments in policing and prison beds are needed to reduce crime. Longer sentences means safer streets and lower costs overall.

Regarding doctors, not much can be done. :(

First, Let's Piss Off The Police​

Of course, it's always a very wise decision to purposefully piss off people who are carrying clubs and guns. [/sarcasm]

You're an idiot.

Not much to read in the link outside of what you posted. In any case police departments are having a miserable time finding new officers. Last summer in my city I had a discussion with our police chief about police and crime in our area. He told me we have money for five more officers, but can't find anybody to take the job. When he applied to be an officer here back in 1990, he was against 700 other applicants for one job. Today he said we have five openings, and are lucky to get 20 applications. Most of the applicants won't work out. Either they won't pass the written exam, won't pass the physical exam or won't pass the police academy.

When one finally does make it and they take him or her out on the streets, they can't catch on to police procedure and they have to let them go. When we finally get a new officer that works out, somebody else quits for a better job in another suburb.

Satan's disciples are winning this battle. BLM and other leftist groups that protest and riot make it impossible for us to get people to do the job anymore. It's not just in my suburb, the problem is nationwide. The son of a friend of mine got a police job in a smaller city 40 miles outside of Cleveland about ten years ago. He too was up against 200 other applicants. He worked his way up to training new officers. The last ad they put out for a police officer drew in 4 applications.

Exactly

Being a Policeman is a profession
You are expected to act professionally.
Why should we settle for anything less?

We never have. When an officer is found to be in the wrong they face disciplinary measures and always have. The real problem is the public who don't know our laws or the role of a police officer.

We never have. When an officer is found to be in the wrong they face disciplinary measures and always have

In the not too distant past, there was a “Blue Wall of Silence” where Police would cover for each other.

I thought I saw a weapon
He resisted arrest
I feared for my life

Were all excuses for shooting unarmed people

Now, everything is on video, the public pulls out their phones
Bad cops have nowhere to hide. Neither do those who cover for them

considering how many people die from the wrong drugs its about time they got prosecuted,,

being woke has nothing to do with it,,

how about we dont use woke for everything we dont ;like and make the word useless like racist has become,,
Woke is woke. Woke brings on higher violence and now woke will bring on worse medical care.

Sounds like you did not read the list of sequential mistakes of procedure listed, leading to the death.
This case does not lend credence to you your editorial claim. This case is an outlier not a common occurrence in our state, and certainly not at University of Vanderbilt Medical Center, a national leader and possibly the best in TN and surrounding states. Vanderbilt found her guilty of negligence and dismissed her after the incident. I found the report video, very credible, and she was convicted by a jury of her peers. It is reassuring (as one who may have to depend on critical nursing care in an emergency) the action was taken. I say this as the father of an ER nurse at one of the other large medical centers in this state.
The general point is that medical professionals are pissed off at what the leftists want to do to their profession, which will cause many to leave and many others not to want to sign up.

In the not too distant past, there was a “Blue Wall of Silence” where Police would cover for each other.

I thought I saw a weapon
He resisted arrest
I feared for my life

Were all excuses for shooting unarmed people

Now, everything is on video, the public pulls out their phones
Bad cops have nowhere to hide. Neither do those who cover for them

And there you go, ignorance of the law.

There are no laws in any state that requires an attacker to be armed in order for a police officer to use deadly force. That doesn't even hold true for citizens. In my state, the law is I as a CCW holder am legally allowed to use deadly force if I believe that I (or others) are in jeopardy of serious bodily harm or death. That's the law for me, and that's the law for our police officers. In other words the attacker need not be armed for me to use deadly force, only a threat of serious bodily harm or death.

When the media gets a hold of these stories, they don't explain to the public the officers point of view, just that he or she shot and killed an unarmed black. The media loves protests and riots. The more protests and riots, the more viewers of their channels, the more people participate in their blogs, and the higher they can charge for advertising. It's done deliberately.

The one thing all these incidents do have in common though is the suspects didn't obey the orders of the police officer(s). If they did that, every single one would be alive today.

And there you go, ignorance of the law.

There are no laws in any state that requires an attacker to be armed in order for a police officer to use deadly force. That doesn't even hold true for citizens. In my state, the law is I as a CCW holder am legally allowed to use deadly force if I believe that I (or others) are in jeopardy of serious bodily harm or death. That's the law for me, and that's the law for our police officers. In other words the attacker need not be armed for me to use deadly force, only a threat of serious bodily harm or death.

When the media gets a hold of these stories, they don't explain to the public the officers point of view, just that he or she shot and killed an unarmed black. The media loves protests and riots. The more protests and riots, the more viewers of their channels, the more people participate in their blogs, and the higher they can charge for advertising. It's done deliberately.

The one thing all these incidents do have in common though is the suspects didn't obey the orders of the police officer(s). If they did that, every single one would be alive today.
yup
And Police used to play it to the hilt to defend a shooting
I felt threatened….case closed

Those days are done
Every police interaction ends up on video

There is little to be interpreted as to what the actual threat is, and whether serious body harm is possible

Those handcuffed suspects are not much of a threat of serious body harm or death

Forum List

Back