🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Five reasons to own an A-15 type rifle

Not really. Although each state's militia should have them.

The only reason I have an AR is if the shit hits the fan and the economy collapses. It could happen with a cyber attack. A nuke. God knows what. If it happens it damn sure will be a free for all, you will only get to keep what you can defend, including your life.

I don't understand the liberal fascination with guns and sex though but I have long said that liberals are people that can't see past their genitals.
The civilian AR is however not the best rifle in any situation however.

It's inaccurate, as it was made be a machine gun type weapon
It looks like a full auto but isn't and an enemy will treat it as a full auto
hard to conceal
You can get military grade ARs, but you will have to pay for them four grand or more…
You get what you pay for
You're full of shit.
So what you're saying an over-the-counter Ar15 sporting rifle is going to pass military muster?
None have select fire so they won't. Go read the thread I posted, or any other instead of arguing something you know nothing about.
There is a lot more to a military grade rifle than select fire. dumbass
You really should educate yourself on the matter before speaking... Lol

I don't have any enemies like that.....
Dude, anyone who seeks to violate an American's Constitutional rights is an enemy.

I'm guessing you nor any of your friends ever took this oath. If you did, then why are you violating it?

"I, [name], do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."
Kind of hard to fight them when they ain't none where I live, sorry old bean...I served 6 years in da Army, how about you?

5 Reasonable Reasons To Own An "Assault Weapon" However the most important reason always, the enemy will try to restrict your ability to defend yourself, and you should not give them the opportunity
An excellent article and agreed with the reasoning. My only nitpick is the caliber. I prefer the 7.62X39 in HP or SP. It packs more punch, better at bringing down game and less likely to be deflected by leaves or branches.

Given the caliber, my preference of rifle is the AK-47; reliable, inexpensive and popular enough to offer almost as many accessories and modifications as the AR-15 platform. It also offers many inexpensive ammo options so I can go to the range for half a day without blowing a good portion of my pay check on it.

As for home defense, I used to favor a 12 gauge pump backed by a 1911A1. After reading the article below last year, I also favor an AK too.
The AR for Home Defense: One Expert's Opinion
.....AR: So, what is it about the AR that makes it so suitable, in your opinion, for a home-defense scenario?

KL: The AR is very easy to shoot. Head out to the range and test my theory. Ask anyone who wants to join in on the fun to try shooting a scored event, under pressure, with a pistol at home-defense ranges. After you see their performance, try the same with an AR, I will bet money you see much better control of the system. Men and women alike just shoot better with a carbine than with a pistol. As long as the carbine is light enough for the shooter to handle properly, the learning curve will be straight-up.

The AR is unbelievably versatile, from contact shooting distances out to 300 yds., the carbine will outperform the pistol. Most of us don’t think of 300-yd. shooting as a likely home-defense scenario, and, in many areas, it wouldn’t be. But if given an option of defensive tools, and considering our country’s independent heritage and past experiences, why wouldn’t you want extended-range capabilities?

AR: What about other choices, such as the shotgun, for home defense?

KL: For self-defense, a reliable semi-automatic is king. That is why I would not pick the shotgun. Rarely can you find a semi-automatic shotgun that is 100-percent reliable with assorted ammunition. Add the fact that you may need to shoot without your shoulder to the buttstock and reliability with the scattergun drops even more. Recoil-operated semi-automatic shotguns are light and handy but unreliable when not held tightly, and gas-operated guns are heavier than I prefer for a home-defense scenario. Once again, if you want to carry a shotgun for home defense, knock yourself out. I choose not to do so. I am sure those who carry pump shotguns will chime in with the absolute final word on the proper pick for the home-defense shotgun—all I ask is that you head to the range and try to operate your pump gun with only one hand. Simulating a disabled arm will make you a believer in the semi-automatic carbine. The shotgun is also extremely deficient in magazine capacity. Once again, the AR shines in this category. Even in 10-round-maximum states, in which long-gun rights have been destroyed, you have more firepower than with most shotguns......

Kind of hard to fight them when they ain't none where I live, sorry old bean...I served 6 years in da Army, how about you?
They live among us. If true, why are you dishonoring your oath by seeking to violate the Constitutional rights of your fellow Americans?

21 years; Marines for 11, Naval Reserve until retirement.

They live among us. If true, why are you dishonoring your oath by seeking to violate the Constitutional rights of your fellow Americans?

21 years; Marines for 11, Naval Reserve until retirement.
I seek to violate the Constitutional rights of fellow Americans, Well that's certainly a new one on me...But then again, you were a Jarhead for 21 years.......

The only reason I have an AR is if the shit hits the fan and the economy collapses. It could happen with a cyber attack. A nuke. God knows what. If it happens it damn sure will be a free for all, you will only get to keep what you can defend, including your life.
What a civil society you live in.

There is a lot more to a military grade rifle than select fire. dumbass
You really should educate yourself on the matter before speaking... Lol
Agreed there is a lot more to "military grade" than select fire.

These are military grade weapons. Anti-gun LWers keep claiming they want these "military grade guns" off the streets, meaning they want them banned. Why give them an inch knowing they'll take a mile?

1911a1_721200_600.jpg

M1903-Springfield-Rifle.jpg

It says you can have RPGs as much as it says you can have military style semi automatics.
There is a huge difference between an RPG anti-tank grenade and a semi-automatic rifle that looks, but doesn't function, as a military firearm.

I've seen many ignorant righties who didn't know firearms nomenclature.
The magazine v. clip issue is for purists.

I've seen a lot more ignorant lefties who think I can order a full auto machine gun through the mail which is why they want to pass Obama's gun ban.

Forum List

Back