🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

FLASH: Clinton Campaign Says She Has Pneumonia (Really)

Why not just put sensors into the ground WITHOUT building a wall then?

So they can't build sophisticated tunnels under walls?

Uhhh, because they would just come in over the sensors?????

My idea is the best. Forget about the wall, more border patrol, sensors, forget about it. Just pass a law that anybody who is here illegally faces a five year minimum prison sentence if caught. They would leave on their own with no other influence. Nobody would want to risk being here illegally so a wall would be useless. The law would take care of the problem better than any wall.

Well it'd certainly be better than a waste of time wall. Even the Israelis didn't bother will a wall unless they wanted to stop snipers.

She's telling people what she wants them to hear, the same as Trump is. That's how you conduct successful campaigns, you make sure people hear as little bad stuff as possible. It seems pretty obvious, especially in such a toxic environment as the US political environment where insults come first and policies last.

Trump did nothing different than Hil-Liar. He had his own doctor give him a physical. But I'm sure Trump would have no problem being evaluated by an impartial doctor if Hillary would do the same. Fat chance she would accept such an offer.

No, there's not much difference between the two, and yet most people will vote for one of the two. Depression kicking in yet?

Well, they have to make a big deal of it. It's all they got. Soon the debates will start and there will be real issues to discuss that actually effect us.

But then they've shown they're not interested in the real issues.

They want a wall, because a wall is going to do nothing, except cost money.
The wall will produce jobs and protect our sovereignty andl law abiding citizens lives.

It might make jobs. Are you suggesting the US govt make jobs by implementing useless projects?

Protect the US sovereignty? How's that? There's already a barrier in the way of the US and Mexico, a wall can still be dug under, it won't do anything. You might as well pay for more people to patrol the border area than pay for a wall that'll do nothing.
This wall will be designed where it can't be dug under and will have state of the art sensors to detect ground movement underneath. The wall will be a barricade taller than Israel's wall that will keep the greasy wetbacks out.

Will it? Who told you that? I don't believe Trump has said anything other than "I'll build a wall" and left the rest to people's imaginations.

Can you imagine how much such a wall will cost?

The Wall, 10 years on: The great Israeli project | +972 Magazine

Israeli's wall/fence is 525 km long. The border between the two is 320 km long.

It cost $2.6 billion
It costs $260 million per year.

The US Mexico border is 3,200 km long.

So the US border is ten times longer than the Israeli/Palestinian border.

So, that's a cost of $26 billion, and a cost of $2.6 billion maintenance a year.

Trump has claimed his wall would cost $8 billion. Fine, if it costs $8 billion then it's going to be a lot less sophisticated than the Israeli wall. However only 10% of the Israeli wall is actually A WALL. The rest is fence.

fence4.jpg

High tech? A little, you can see from this picture. However most of this would be possible to dig underneath.
Trump said it.

Donald Trump Doubles Down On Wall And Deportation In Fiery Immigration Speech

The wall will produce jobs and protect our sovereignty andl law abiding citizens lives.

It might make jobs. Are you suggesting the US govt make jobs by implementing useless projects?

Protect the US sovereignty? How's that? There's already a barrier in the way of the US and Mexico, a wall can still be dug under, it won't do anything. You might as well pay for more people to patrol the border area than pay for a wall that'll do nothing.
This wall will be designed where it can't be dug under and will have state of the art sensors to detect ground movement underneath. The wall will be a barricade taller than Israel's wall that will keep the greasy wetbacks out.

Will it? Who told you that? I don't believe Trump has said anything other than "I'll build a wall" and left the rest to people's imaginations.

It cost $2.6 billion

So, that's a cost of $26 billion, and a cost of $2.6 billion maintenance a year.

Trump has claimed his wall would cost $8 billion. Fine, if it costs $8 billion then it's going to be a lot less sophisticated than the Israeli wall. However only 10% of the Israeli wall is actually A WALL. The rest is fence.

fence4.jpg

High tech? A little, you can see from this picture. However most of this would be possible to dig underneath.
Trump said it.

Yeah, right, like Mexico has $50 billion to spend. Like he could get the wall started on day one, it's impossible, he'd have to get the funding from Congress first, for a start.

I mean, it's all bravado and nothing else.

It cost $2.6 billion

fence4.jpg

Trump said it.

Yeah, right, like Mexico has $50 billion to spend. Like he could get the wall started on day one, it's impossible, he'd have to get the funding from Congress first, for a start.

Congress has already secured 1.6 billion several years back so Trump can add that to his wall.

It cost $2.6 billion

fence4.jpg

Trump said it.

Congress has already secured 1.6 billion several years back so Trump can add that to his wall.

Wow, that makes absolutely zero difference.

The new wall will have sensors so that can never happen.

You can't smuggle drugs and people into a country by digging a hole only a dog can fit through. These are very sophisticated tunnels that are capable of driving vehicles through.

Because catching them right after they cross the line into our territory does no good when they release them until their next court date. Shooting them before they cross the border would work. Dumping them across the border without a trial would also work. But they won't do what will work so we have to have the wall to keep them from getting here in the first place.

It cost $2.6 billion

fence4.jpg

Trump said it.

And Congress is going to have this money available on day 1? And the architects are going to have designed it and the materials are going to be ready, and the workers are going to be ready for it to be built on day 1?

No chance.

The new wall will have sensors so that can never happen.

You can't smuggle drugs and people into a country by digging a hole only a dog can fit through. These are very sophisticated tunnels that are capable of driving vehicles through.

Because catching them right after they cross the line into our territory does no good when they release them until their next court date. Shooting them before they cross the border would work. Dumping them across the border without a trial would also work. But they won't do what will work so we have to have the wall to keep them from getting here in the first place.

Oh, so they won't do what works, so you support them doing what won't work instead??? I don't get it.

Maybe, but if Congress and Senate remain Republican led, they can also cut anything they want to pay for the wall as well. Planned Parenthood and NPR comes to mind along with a host of other things we should not be funding.

The security of this nation should come first when it comes to spending. We have thousands of Americans dropping dead every year because of heroin OD's that it's not even funny anymore. My cousin lost her son last year at the age of 28 from an OD, and less than an hour after they carted him off, another one happened only a few streets away. This has got to stop.

Well, they have to make a big deal of it. It's all they got. Soon the debates will start and there will be real issues to discuss that actually effect us.

It cost $2.6 billion

fence4.jpg

Yes, it sounds like a lot of money, but remember our government spends almost 4 trillion a year on other things. Hell, we spend over 70 billion a year on food stamps alone in this country, and most of those people don't even need them.

Maybe, but if Congress and Senate remain Republican led, they can also cut anything they want to pay for the wall as well. Planned Parenthood and NPR comes to mind along with a host of other things we should not be funding.

The security of this nation should come first when it comes to spending. We have thousands of Americans dropping dead every year because of heroin OD's that it's not even funny anymore. My cousin lost her son last year at the age of 28 from an OD, and less than an hour after they carted him off, another one happened only a few streets away. This has got to stop.

Surely taking drugs is about choice. At what point are we taking that choice away?

cdc-us-overdose-deaths-2014_jr-1.jpg

cdc-us-overdose-deaths-2014_jr-2.jpg

cdc-us-overdose-deaths-2014_jr-3.jpg
cdc-us-overdose-deaths-2014_jr-4.jpg

cdc-us-overdose-deaths-2014_jr-5.jpg

There are a lot of overdoses in the US. Many of these are probably people choosing.

Yes, things need to be done about drug overdosing. The war on drugs has been an absolute failure. Trying to tackle drugs from the point of view of those selling isn't working. Educating people as to the dangers might make people make "better" decisions, maybe not. Many people live lives they don't necessarily hold precious.

So it's about helping people to improve their lives, making them make better choices in all walks of life.

If people are choosing a partner who is good for them, if people have jobs that they feel are right for them, if they felt that their education was right for them, then such people might change the way they function in life.

But in the US it's all about "individuals must do everything themselves" and then preventing them getting the right education, the right opportunities, the chance to make the right decision making processes and so on, just expecting people to do all of this out of thin air.

It's not going to work.

People don't care about US society. You can see it on forums like this. People don't come on here and say "hey, this is the best idea, in my view, for improving this or that", they come on here and say "fuck you idiot you're a fucking democrat/republican therefore you're wrong and I'm right".

The problems run so deeply it's getting worse.

It cost $2.6 billion

fence4.jpg

Trump said it.

Funding for what? Mexico is picking up the tab....

It cost $2.6 billion

fence4.jpg

Yes, it sounds like a lot of money, but remember our government spends almost 4 trillion a year on other things. Hell, we spend over 70 billion a year on food stamps alone in this country, and most of those people don't even need them.

I understand that in the greater scheme of things it's not "that much money", however the money comes from somewhere. I'm an advocate not of low taxes, or high taxes, but of sensible taxes. No one wants to pay loads of money for something that is ridiculous. No one (well I might be wrong) wants to pay too much for healthcare, or for the armed forces, or for a wall that won't do anything, or for welfare that has a negative impact on society etc etc.

The problem is people seem to ignore the costs when it's something like this that they like the idea of.

The food stamp system is a symbol of what is wrong with US politics. And the wall would become a similar symbol.

It cost $2.6 billion

fence4.jpg

I understand that in the greater scheme of things it's not "that much money", however the money comes from somewhere. I'm an advocate not of low taxes, or high taxes, but of sensible taxes. No one wants to pay loads of money for something that is ridiculous. No one (well I might be wrong) wants to pay too much for healthcare, or for the armed forces, or for a wall that won't do anything, or for welfare that has a negative impact on society etc etc.

The problem is people seem to ignore the costs when it's something like this that they like the idea of.

The food stamp system is a symbol of what is wrong with US politics. And the wall would become a similar symbol.
I hear Trump is considering using some of the design concepts of the wall Mexico is going to build.....

Yep thy justify anything. Have you noticed many on the left have zero public disagreements with each other, especially on this board.

Yeah, Trump spoke about the loony Clinton Bootlickers the other day. He said she could literally walk into the rally and shoot several people, and the Clinton Bootlickers would find a way to justify it. I don't get how they can support the evil corrupt witch and her rapist husband. It's mind-boggling.

I couldn't agree more. It's amazing how people like big government....its how Stalin, hitler and those bozos get power.

Wait, Trump came out and said he'd increase government spending, and you'll still vote for him.

Yes.

Amazing.

You'd have sex with a brick wall if it had a Republican sticker on it.

Liar.

Two different things. Food stamps encourage people not to work or become something. A wall deters people from trying to sneak in.

Even the border people support Trump because they know that the wall will make their jobs much easier and safer. Even if it's not a complete wall immediately, border security can dedicate more agents to the open spots until we close those off as well. Less illegals and less illegal drugs would help this country considerably. Food stamps don't do that.

Forum List

Back