Florida Gov. DeSantis Has Just Signed A Bill Into Law That Would Allow Everyday Floridians To Sue Big Tech Platforms For Monetary Damages

It is interesting that a party that has a self-proclaimed aversion to regulation and equates any intervention in business as Communism has no problem taking what amount to ownership rights away from private businesses in this case.

Not everybody in their party. I'm against it because I don't like government getting over involved in business to start with no matter who it favors.
It's a consistent position. And not one that I share completely since I can see instances where a business has to be regulated consumer protection, national security to name a few instances that readily spring to mind. I do think such a thing should only be applicable with a very decent justification rooted in law.

But as I said you show intellectual honesty, rare on this board.

They can't discriminate based on idelogy alone, nor should they be allowed to.
Why not? It’s their website.
For the same reason AT&T can not.
ATT is a common carrier. Facebook is not.

So no, not the same reason.
That's why as an example of a common carrier, struth referrenced AT&T, not Facebook.
yes ATT is and Facebook is too and should be regulated as such

Giving individuals recourse via the Courts forces social media to be honest in their practices so individuals are not deceptively propagandized, which we can assume would be against their will (I don't know of anyone who would willfully allow themselves to be indoctrinated without full disclosure).
The act gives unusual protections to politicians. It doesn't really give much to the individual that they didn't previously have. Everybody has had recourse to the courts.

That's why as an example of a common carrier, struth referrenced AT&T, not Facebook.
So answer the question then.... how much does it cost to post on Facebook?

You're a special kind of stupid to think an app has to be on a phone in order for a social media site to operate. Even dumber, you must think the Google playstore is the only way to get an app on a phone.

embarrassed-gif.489110

Denying the obvious is what fascists and racists do. I'm not interested in bickering with your bull shit. It's clear what they did and the effect of that, sugar boy
LOLOL

Spits the flaming imbecile who thinks it's Parlor. It's not, it's Parler; thinks Google shut them down. Google didn't shut them down, Amazon did. Thinks Parler couldn't operate when Google removed Parler's app from their playstore. Parler was still operating until Amazon shut them down.

You basically got every single aspect of this wrong. You should be more respectful to your betters who are trying to educate you.

Your argument is just no it's not. It's a stupid argument, you're just a racist

I believe consumer protection laws would require facebook give somebody a full refund, if they get improperly banned.

And triple damages if it was intentional.

So how much does that come to?

Your soul

Democrats running around screaming free markets! Free markets! Just unbelievable. Literally, as if they care about free markets.

They are just cheering because it's working, Republicans are being silenced.

And dblack doesn't see a problem
it’s not even about free markets. Free markets welcome the exchange of ideas, not censorship.

with that said, facebook is free in a free society to publish the content they want...with that said they should therefore be treated the same as everyone else in that business
Exchange of ideas like football players kneeling during the National Anthem? How did the right like that exchange of ideas?

The football players were only silenced AT WORK. No one silenced them other than that. Or proposed it.

Be more specific about the political protests you do at work
You mean like some are only silenced on Twitter or Facebook?

And ... Parlor ... Who was shut down by Google, not even their competitor. It's a clear anti-trust violation.

But you're here because you support free markets!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sure, that's what you care about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
LOLOL

Parler was not shut down by Google. Who knows why you keep repeating that kaz?

That didn't shut Parler down, you fucking imbecile.

1348488761322-smiley_rofl.gif

Right, a social media site just had to operate without being on phones. That's all.

OMG you're stupid. You aren't faking, you believe the propaganda. At least Goebbels knew it was propaganda

Faun is stupid, stupid is Faun ...
LOLOL

Dumbfuck, until Amazon took them down,, Parler was still accessible on phones. Just like USMB is.

You're a fucking retard.

Rumpelstiltskin! Can you freak out again now?

Remember I told you to talk to your mom about monitoring your sugar intake? Never mind, don't, it's too funny
LOL

Hisses the flaming imbecile who thinks apps don't run on phones if they're not in Google's playstore.

Never said that. No one said that but you. You're just OD'ing on sugar. I know you like the sugar high, but is the rebound worth it?
LOLOL

Kazzing won't erase your idiotic post. You said that here...

Right, a social media site just had to operate without being on phones. That's all.

You're a special kind of stupid to think an app has to be on a phone in order for a social media site to operate. Even dumber, you must think the Google playstore is the only way to get an app on a phone.

embarrassed-gif.489110

Denying the obvious is what fascists and racists do. I'm not interested in bickering with your bull shit. It's clear what they did and the effect of that, sugar boy
LOLOL

Spits the flaming imbecile who thinks it's Parlor. It's not, it's Parler; thinks Google shut them down. Google didn't shut them down, Amazon did. Thinks Parler couldn't operate when Google removed Parler's app from their playstore. Parler was still operating until Amazon shut them down.

You basically got every single aspect of this wrong. You should be more respectful to your betters who are trying to educate you.
Pettifogging, like you did above and you always do, does nothing to further your arguments. In fact, it weakens your position because you appear to lack credibility and appear to deflect or redirect, but whatever. You're a fucking asshole, so who cares.

Here you are pettifogging while admitting that Big Tech breaching contracts and shut down Parler for purely political reasons and underlying hatred for open discourse, and you have no problem with that. We are not laughing with you. We are laughing AT you.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

embarrassed-gif.489110

LOLOL

Poor kaz, even he knows he's been owned in the Florida Gov. DeSantis thread.

307vyna-gif.269908

embarrassed-gif.489110

LOLOL

307vyna-gif.269908

Another of your gay pics, huh?

Here you are pettifogging while admitting that Big Tech breaching contracts and shut down Parler for purely political reasons and underlying hatred for open discourse, and you have no problem with that. We are not laughing with you. We are laughing AT you.
Samsung will stop trading with Huawei on September 15th
This did not shut down Huawei either

Your soul
Not my soul. I don't post on Facebook.

embarrassed-gif.489110

LOLOL

307vyna-gif.269908

Another of your gay pics, huh?
LOLOL

That looks gay to you??

I think you have gay emblazoned on your brain.

:abgg2q.jpg:

Right? Who da fuk needs a voice anyway (except you and big tech) ?!?!?!
Social media platforms are private property. You play by their rules or you don’t play at all.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Yeah...it'd be nice if that's all they wanted.

Meh...it's not. They want all opposition silenced. Why do you think they kicked Parler off the servers?
Why do you think they are trying to indict Trump?

Why is Fascism so hard for you to understand?

In this thread you praise the gov't for interfering in private business. And in another, that you started, you complain that the gov't is destroying the free market.

You need to pick one.

LOLOL

That looks gay to you??

I think you have gay emblazoned on your brain.

:abgg2q.jpg:
It's like the person who tells the psychiatrist that all the ink blots look like people having sex.

When the psychiatrist suggest he has an obsession with sex, he says "You're the one with the dirty pictures"

It doesn't even mention vertical integration, dumbass.

Vertical integration through a merger is subject to the provisions laid out in the Clayton Antitrust Act of 1914, which governs transactions that fall under the umbrella of antitrust law. The Act provides substance and clarification to the Sherman Antitrust Act of 1890.

It doesn't mention vertical integration.? (read intense sarcasm here)
You have the reading skills of a moron.
Again, Standard Oil was dissolved in 1911. Why do you keep bringing up the Clayton act?

If it mentioned vertical integration, then you could quote where it did.

So what's stopping you, short bus?

Giving individuals recourse via the Courts forces social media to be honest in their practices so individuals are not deceptively propagandized, which we can assume would be against their will (I don't know of anyone who would willfully allow themselves to be indoctrinated without full disclosure).
The act gives unusual protections to politicians. It doesn't really give much to the individual that they didn't previously have. Everybody has had recourse to the courts.
Do you ever stop lying?

Forum List

Back