Florida Gov Signs Law Requiring Students, Faculty To Have Political Beliefs Surveyed

I'm 74, and I was never taught anything in school about racism or the Native American holocaust. Republicans want to continue to sweep it all under the rug. Just a big whitewash of American history - and present reality.
What is it that you needed to know that would have made a difference?

Factual education about racism and diversity.

View attachment 505165

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) suggested that the state’s public universities and colleges may face financial repercussions depending on the survey results.

Florida’s governor has signed legislation that will require public colleges and universities to annually survey their students and staff about their beliefs and viewpoints in order to support “intellectual diversity,” while hinting that the schools could face financial penalties depending on the survey results.

The goal of House Bill 233, which was signed by Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) on Tuesday, is “to ensure” that students are presented “diverse idea and opinion, including those that they may disagree with or find uncomfortable,” according to its language.

DeSantis said the state’s institutes of higher learning have largely become “intellectually repressive environments” and that these surveys will help to change that.

This new law, which goes into effect on July 1, follows DeSantis earlier this month banning K-12 public schools from featuring specific lessons and discussions related to racism. These include educational lessons and discussions on the concept of critical race theory, which examines systemic racism in American institutions and policies, as well as on “The 1619 Project,” which is a New York Times initiative that reexamines the legacy of slavery in the United States.

Texas
also last month passed a bill that effectively bans public school teachers from talking about racism, white supremacy or current news events.

"Have political beliefs surveyed"? Sounds like a slippery slope to me! In fact - it sounds racist to me - and autocratic! We need smarter students - not dumber students! What do you think?
I think its a good idea. In the interest of diversity 50% of liberal professors should be fired and replaced by good decent people

Last edited:
IOW. . . Desantis wants to ensure a diversity of thoughts and beliefs in students and faculty in our higher institutions of learning so we don't become prone to intellectual or political dogma, like totalitarian societies do.

. . . ensuring diversity?

NOPE, can't have diversity of thought and opinion. . . ONLY skin color.

:eusa_think:

IOW. . . Desantis wants to ensure a diversity of thoughts and beliefs in students and faculty in our higher institutions of learning so we don't become prone to intellectual or political dogma, like totalitarian societies do.

. . . ensuring diversity?

NOPE, can't have diversity of thought and opinion. . . ONLY skin color.

:eusa_think:

From the OP:

This new law, which goes into effect on July 1, follows DeSantis earlier this month banning K-12 public schools from featuring specific lessons and discussions related to racism. These include educational lessons and discussions on the concept of critical race theory, which examines systemic racism in American institutions and policies, as well as on “The 1619 Project,” which is a New York Times initiative that reexamines the legacy of slavery in the United States.

Texas also last month passed a bill that effectively bans public school teachers from talking about racism, white supremacy or current news events.

CRT, like blm, is the reification of the signifier over the signified. That is why blm’s marxism cathected on a pre-emptive racist phrase, black lives matter, though when considering the other 86% of American democracy, all lives matter. You took the bait, because your pathology has been long implanted in your collective unconscious by the Theologian: guilt.

View attachment 505165

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) suggested that the state’s public universities and colleges may face financial repercussions depending on the survey results.

Florida’s governor has signed legislation that will require public colleges and universities to annually survey their students and staff about their beliefs and viewpoints in order to support “intellectual diversity,” while hinting that the schools could face financial penalties depending on the survey results.

The goal of House Bill 233, which was signed by Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) on Tuesday, is “to ensure” that students are presented “diverse idea and opinion, including those that they may disagree with or find uncomfortable,” according to its language.

DeSantis said the state’s institutes of higher learning have largely become “intellectually repressive environments” and that these surveys will help to change that.

Texas
also last month passed a bill that effectively bans public school teachers from talking about racism, white supremacy or current news events.

"Have political beliefs surveyed"? Sounds like a slippery slope to me! In fact - it sounds racist to me - and autocratic! We need smarter students - not dumber students! What do you think?
I think its a good idea. In the interest of diversity 50% of liberal professors should be fired and replaced by good decent people

Its Fascist in nature. The kids should say they are independents and undecided... all of them.

View attachment 505165

Texas

Its Fascist in nature. The kids should say they are independents and undecided... all of them.

I agree! But they should not be asked about their political beliefs!

View attachment 505165

Texas

How is it fascist to want diversity? I thought the fascist liberals believe in diversity.

CRT, like blm, is the reification of the signifier over the signified. That is why blm’s marxism cathected on a pre-emptive racist phrase, black lives matter, though when considering the other 86% of American democracy, all lives matter. You took the bait, because your pathology has been long implanted in your collective unconscious by the Theologian: guilt.
You believe in diversity like i do.

View attachment 505165

Texas

His state, his rules.

Get your own state.

I'm 74, and I was never taught anything in school about racism or the Native American holocaust. Republicans want to continue to sweep it all under the rug. Just a big whitewash of American history - and present reality.
Why would you want to be taught racism?

I had to learn it on the playground during recess - instead of in the classroom in a structured environment.
i learned about it on school. i am amazed at your age you didn’t just turn on your tv and see the civil rights movement happening.

i don’t know anyone that wants to sweep it under the rug, i know many that want to rewrite it...take out the parts about how the dems fought tooth and nail against ending slavery, created jim crow, fought desegregation...heck you just elected a man that found enforcement of Brown v Board of Education because he feared his kids would grow up in a “racial jungle”

View attachment 505165

Texas

How is it fascist to want diversity? I thought the fascist liberals believe in diversity.

Funny! DeSantis is not concerned about "diversity". His true agenda is purely racist.

View attachment 505165

Texas

Funny! DeSantis is not concerned about "diversity". His true agenda is purely racist.
what’s racist about this survey?

View attachment 505165

Texas

This new law, which goes into effect on July 1, follows DeSantis earlier this month banning K-12 public schools from featuring specific lessons and discussions related to racism.

View attachment 505165

Texas

Nothing, DeSantis is just trying to make learning diverse

View attachment 505165

Texas

How is diversity racist?

View attachment 505165

Texas

This new law, which goes into effect on July 1, follows DeSantis earlier this month banning K-12 public schools from featuring specific lessons and discussions related to racism.
so your beef is with something else not this survey?

View attachment 505165

Texas

How is diversity racist?

Forum List

Back