Florida Gov Signs Law Requiring Students, Faculty To Have Political Beliefs Surveyed

View attachment 505165

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) suggested that the state’s public universities and colleges may face financial repercussions depending on the survey results.

Florida’s governor has signed legislation that will require public colleges and universities to annually survey their students and staff about their beliefs and viewpoints in order to support “intellectual diversity,” while hinting that the schools could face financial penalties depending on the survey results.

The goal of House Bill 233, which was signed by Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) on Tuesday, is “to ensure” that students are presented “diverse idea and opinion, including those that they may disagree with or find uncomfortable,” according to its language.

DeSantis said the state’s institutes of higher learning have largely become “intellectually repressive environments” and that these surveys will help to change that.

This new law, which goes into effect on July 1, follows DeSantis earlier this month banning K-12 public schools from featuring specific lessons and discussions related to racism. These include educational lessons and discussions on the concept of critical race theory, which examines systemic racism in American institutions and policies, as well as on “The 1619 Project,” which is a New York Times initiative that reexamines the legacy of slavery in the United States.

Texas
also last month passed a bill that effectively bans public school teachers from talking about racism, white supremacy or current news events.

"Have political beliefs surveyed"? Sounds like a slippery slope to me! In fact - it sounds racist to me - and autocratic! We need smarter students - not dumber students! What do you think?
Can you quote in the legislation that DeSantis signed where this "survey" is required?

Of course you can't.

You are a DUMBASS LEFTIST Fake News Sheeple who DOES NOT Live in Reality.

View attachment 505165

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) suggested that the state’s public universities and colleges may face financial repercussions depending on the survey results.

Florida’s governor has signed legislation that will require public colleges and universities to annually survey their students and staff about their beliefs and viewpoints in order to support “intellectual diversity,” while hinting that the schools could face financial penalties depending on the survey results.

The goal of House Bill 233, which was signed by Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) on Tuesday, is “to ensure” that students are presented “diverse idea and opinion, including those that they may disagree with or find uncomfortable,” according to its language.

DeSantis said the state’s institutes of higher learning have largely become “intellectually repressive environments” and that these surveys will help to change that.

This new law, which goes into effect on July 1, follows DeSantis earlier this month banning K-12 public schools from featuring specific lessons and discussions related to racism. These include educational lessons and discussions on the concept of critical race theory, which examines systemic racism in American institutions and policies, as well as on “The 1619 Project,” which is a New York Times initiative that reexamines the legacy of slavery in the United States.

Texas
also last month passed a bill that effectively bans public school teachers from talking about racism, white supremacy or current news events.

"Have political beliefs surveyed"? Sounds like a slippery slope to me! In fact - it sounds racist to me - and autocratic! We need smarter students - not dumber students! What do you think?
I think its a good idea. In the interest of diversity 50% of liberal professors should be fired and replaced by good decent people

Its Fascist in nature. The kids should say they are independents and undecided... all of them.
How is it fascist to want diversity? I thought the fascist liberals believe in diversity.

Funny! DeSantis is not concerned about "diversity". His true agenda is purely racist.
what’s racist about this survey?

This new law, which goes into effect on July 1, follows DeSantis earlier this month banning K-12 public schools from featuring specific lessons and discussions related to racism.
actually the law wasn’t about banning discussions or lessons about racism, but CRT.

try again

CRT is pure bullshit. It starts out by assuming that all white people are "racist",

No it doesn’t you insufferable idiot!
Yes it does, you insufferable idiot!

Uhmmm no, Rudy could appeal I suppose. But given his recent record in court that’d be ill advised.

Then again, he COULD get Melissa Carone stone drunk and have her represent his sorry ass.

Poor angry lil feller. Call upstairs for a Hot Pocket. You’ll feel better! ;)
What does Rudi have to do with this, dumbass?

View attachment 505165

Texas

I think its a good idea. In the interest of diversity 50% of liberal professors should be fired and replaced by good decent people

Its Fascist in nature. The kids should say they are independents and undecided... all of them.
How is it fascist to want diversity? I thought the fascist liberals believe in diversity.

Funny! DeSantis is not concerned about "diversity". His true agenda is purely racist.
what’s racist about this survey?

This new law, which goes into effect on July 1, follows DeSantis earlier this month banning K-12 public schools from featuring specific lessons and discussions related to racism.
actually the law wasn’t about banning discussions or lessons about racism, but CRT.

try again

CRT is pure bullshit. It starts out by assuming that all white people are "racist",

No it doesn’t you insufferable idiot!
Yes it does, you insufferable idiot!

Uhmmm no, Rudy could appeal I suppose. But given his recent record in court that’d be ill advised.

Then again, he COULD get Melissa Carone stone drunk and have her represent his sorry ass.

Poor angry lil feller. Call upstairs for a Hot Pocket. You’ll feel better! ;)
What does Rudi have to do with this, dumbass?

Sorry my bad - Toggling between threads on my cell phone.

But now that you mention it, RonAnon DeSantis is ALMOST as stoopid as Rudy! :lol:

I saw on the news the other day that having pet birds is racist. Now today I saw a segment that teachers are being told that students raising their hand to get the teacher's attention is also racist. I'm almost afraid to breathe!
You know, being white is racist, right?

Nah, only if the white guy is you ;)

I saw on the news the other day that having pet birds is racist. Now today I saw a segment that teachers are being told that students raising their hand to get the teacher's attention is also racist. I'm almost afraid to breathe!

Holy shit, what news do you watch? Did your brain believe it?

OANN and Newsmax. The real news channels.

Russian news most likely. OAN, Sputnik or RT all qualify!

You are great.
And your standards of greatness are low ;)

You are great.
And your standards of greatness are low ;)
Hey, Chicken Lips! My dog likes me.
My doggie thinks I’m pretty great too. She isn’t picky and this is why they are Man’s Bestest Friend!

1624591342265.jpeg

Forum List

Back