Florida Gov Signs Law Requiring Students, Faculty To Have Political Beliefs Surveyed

I'm 74, and I was never taught anything in school about racism or the Native American holocaust. Republicans want to continue to sweep it all under the rug. Just a big whitewash of American history - and present reality.
Holocaust?

Stop stealing the Jews' disaster-moniker.

Holocaust?

More like Highly Developed Western Civilization and Technology meets useless primitive Neolithic hunter-gatherer tribal pseudo-culture.

Pure Darwinism... Nature de-selected you.

Better luck in your next Karmic lifetime...

Have "beliefs surveyed"? Sounds like a slippery slope to me! In fact - it sounds racist to me! What do you think?
Sounds to me like the first step towards the reexamination of what a union of states is supposed to be. It makes no sense for all the states to be the same.

Black people need a state of their own responsibility to help them smarten up; and so do liberals.
In fact neither black people nor liberals need your advice, and if you paid attention you'd notice that you are in no position to tell us anything about anything, really.

We have one country here, and the Confederat notion that states can do what they want is incorrect, and in fact treasonous. We do not have govt restrictions on free speech, as Washington and Adams found out when they tried to implement the Alien & Sedition Act.

The fascist DeSantis should be impeached NOW.

One of the main things that have screwed up our country is that the Left has taken over the universities. They are brainwashing our kids with hate and stupidity.

We need to get them back.

Kudos for DeSantis

#5’s problem is that the State (is[italics]) the police, which may be hard to swallow for some. Back to Socrates, who thought that the State was his father. Should the reader really be suprised that this CIA-sponsored propaganda comes at the solstice, the zenith of yangrise? Boycott JoeXi the Catholic-CIA puppet and his sleep-up trollop, and you will have done the best you can under these hybrid circumstances.
Better for the country would be if the white right (Republicans) could stop demonstrating their blatant racism and misogyny by name-calling. Harris is a "trollop"? Well, what is your mother, then? Be truthful, avoiding any of the habitual Republican lying.

One of the main things that have screwed up our country is that the Left has taken over the universities. They are brainwashing our kids with hate and stupidity.

Kudos for DeSantis
That was Hitler's position as his Gestapo threw professors off the balconies in Austria. I see that your thinking is 100% in line with his.

You'd be MUCH happier in Russia, where things are much more as you like.

Everyone should want to learn about racism because it is American history.
And if you don't read about it, you won't understand why racism exists, where it came from, how it allowed employers to pay less, etc.
Have you read enough to know why racism exists and where it came from?

View attachment 505165

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) suggested that the state’s public universities and colleges may face financial repercussions depending on the survey results.

Florida’s governor has signed legislation that will require public colleges and universities to annually survey their students and staff about their beliefs and viewpoints in order to support “intellectual diversity,” while hinting that the schools could face financial penalties depending on the survey results.

The goal of House Bill 233, which was signed by Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) on Tuesday, is “to ensure” that students are presented “diverse idea and opinion, including those that they may disagree with or find uncomfortable,” according to its language.

DeSantis said the state’s institutes of higher learning have largely become “intellectually repressive environments” and that these surveys will help to change that.

This new law, which goes into effect on July 1, follows DeSantis earlier this month banning K-12 public schools from featuring specific lessons and discussions related to racism. These include educational lessons and discussions on the concept of critical race theory, which examines systemic racism in American institutions and policies, as well as on “The 1619 Project,” which is a New York Times initiative that reexamines the legacy of slavery in the United States.

Texas
also last month passed a bill that effectively bans public school teachers from talking about racism, white supremacy or current news events.

"Have political beliefs surveyed"? Sounds like a slippery slope to me! In fact - it sounds racist to me - and autocratic! We need smarter students - not dumber students! What do you think?
This is FINALLY the anti-crusade getting started about 80 years after Stalin launched the intellectual invasion of the US through Academia and a successful invasion it was.
It has a lot of catching up to do but hopefully there is enough authority left in constitutionality to give him the fuel he's going to need to get through what is certain to be an all out war. Starting in Florida it may very well catch on all throughout the Southwest to the Dismay of the communist heirs of the original wave of infiltrators.

Surveys are useless because they are based on the assumption that people will be truthful

I'm 74, and I was never taught anything in school about racism or the Native American holocaust. Republicans want to continue to sweep it all under the rug. Just a big whitewash of American history - and present reality.
Holocaust?

Stop stealing the Jews' disaster-moniker.

Holocaust?

More like Highly Developed Western Civilization and Technology meets useless primitive Neolithic hunter-gatherer tribal pseudo-culture.

Pure Darwinism... Nature de-selected you.

Better luck in your next Karmic lifetime...
That is not Darwinism. It is genocide. You do not understand Darwin and should not mention him until you do.

You also know nothing of Native American culture. And your racism is unacceptable. Such vileness is not to be tolerated, and will not be tolerated. It is akin to advocating pedophilia. You are sociopathic and do not think that you will proceed through your life without problems if you continue to spew racism.

NOT to be tolerated. You best catch a clue and quick.

View attachment 505165

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) suggested that the state’s public universities and colleges may face financial repercussions depending on the survey results.

Florida’s governor has signed legislation that will require public colleges and universities to annually survey their students and staff about their beliefs and viewpoints in order to support “intellectual diversity,” while hinting that the schools could face financial penalties depending on the survey results.

The goal of House Bill 233, which was signed by Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) on Tuesday, is “to ensure” that students are presented “diverse idea and opinion, including those that they may disagree with or find uncomfortable,” according to its language.

DeSantis said the state’s institutes of higher learning have largely become “intellectually repressive environments” and that these surveys will help to change that.

This new law, which goes into effect on July 1, follows DeSantis earlier this month banning K-12 public schools from featuring specific lessons and discussions related to racism. These include educational lessons and discussions on the concept of critical race theory, which examines systemic racism in American institutions and policies, as well as on “The 1619 Project,” which is a New York Times initiative that reexamines the legacy of slavery in the United States.

Texas
also last month passed a bill that effectively bans public school teachers from talking about racism, white supremacy or current news events.

"Have political beliefs surveyed"? Sounds like a slippery slope to me! In fact - it sounds racist to me - and autocratic! We need smarter students - not dumber students! What do you think?
This is FINALLY the anti-crusade getting started about 80 years after Stalin launched the intellectual invasion of the US through Academia and a successful invasion it was.
It has a lot of catching up to do but hopefully there is enough authority left in constitutionality to give him the fuel he's going to need to get through what is certain to be an all out war. Starting in Florida it may very well catch on all throughout the Southwest to the Dismay of the communist heirs of the original wave of infiltrators.
You are advocating a fascist suppression of free speech, and using Stalin as your excuse? I suppose to an ultra-right treasonous Republican that makes sense, but then y'all believe in Q, so...

And if you don't read about it, you won't understand why racism exists, where it came from, how it allowed employers to pay less, etc.
Racism is much much older than American history and has many forms other than simply skin color prejudices. The HUTU and TUTSI war in Rawanda demonstrated that more significantly than the entire 200 year history of Slavery ( not confined to black slaves btw) in North America did. Another very good example of vile racism is the way 90 percent of black people feel about Jews and now they have added Asians. Feel Free to comment on any of these subjects.

JO

View attachment 505165

Texas

You are advocating a fascist suppression of free speech, and using Stalin as your excuse? I suppose to an ultra-right treasonous Republican that makes sense, but then y'all believe in Q, so...
Nah....I'm just telling the Truth.....Desantis is fighting for free speech...you...not so much.

JO

Why would you want to be taught racism?
Why should we learn about fascism? Apparently many were insufficiently educated about the evils of fascism, as millions, nearly all white, now are marching down the fascist path behind their Orange Führer. Racism being an ongoing problem in the USA, one should learn about it as one learns about all our problems.

Naturally white racists are insistent that we not discuss it, that if we mention that they are racists the WE are the racists, and so on, but the shallow thinking behind all that denial is quickly dismissed. Ooooh don't talk about racism, or y'all will look bad!

View attachment 505165

Texas

Kill liberalism we wll!

View attachment 505165

Texas

It's no different than the Federal Census.....you see that as a slippery slope too? Anything that receive tax payer assistance is subject to diversity verification. Recently ( past 30 years ) Academia has become a showcase of intolerance for any type of religious belief whatsoever.....that is not their call or alternately they can stop taking taxpayer monies and favors.

Why would you want to be taught racism?
Why should we learn about fascism? Apparently many were insufficiently educated about the evils of fascism, as millions, nearly all white, now are marching down the fascist path behind their Orange Führer. Racism being an ongoing problem in the USA, one should learn about it as one learns about all our problems.

Naturally white racists are insistent that we not discuss it, that if we mention that they are racists the WE are the racists, and so on, but the shallow thinking behind all that denial is quickly dismissed. Ooooh don't talk about racism, or y'all will look bad!
History is history.... all of it should be learned as accurately as possible. The Universities have become centers of deprogramming and are no longer centers for intrinsic classical education. They literally preach Atheism making it into a religion in and of itself to the exclusion of all other choices....that's fine....but don't expect taxpayer money for that.

JO

Kudos for DeSantis
That was Hitler's position as his Gestapo threw professors off the balconies in Austria. I see that your thinking is 100% in line with his.

You'd be MUCH happier in Russia, where things are much more as you like.

I would be happy if the stupid confused hate filled Libtards in this country would simply pull their heads out of their asses.

The Left's immorality and ignorance are very destructive forces.

The only people who are trying to control and suppress free speech is the left. They are constantly trying to tell us what we can and can't say.

Racism is much much older than American history and has many forms other than simply skin color prejudices. The HUTU and TUTSI war in Rawanda demonstrated that more significantly than the entire 200 year history of Slavery ( not confined to black slaves btw) in North America did. Another very good example of vile racism is the way 90 percent of black people feel about Jews and now they have added Asians. Feel Free to comment on any of these subjects.

JO
Thanks, but I was asking Rigby5.

JO
This is an attempt to dismiss USA's institutional racism by claiming that oh it's normal, it's everywhere, nothing to see here, just move along...

But, in the USA it is institutionalized, long-running, and targeted against specific groups in specific ways. I could write volumes about the white racism institutionalized in the school systems.

Why was I told by an inner-city black student, "You're not racist like the other white teachers. They talk to us like we're dirt. You talk to us like we're human." A teacher will have far more problems with the Administration if trying to combat the ambient racism than if practicing it.

USA = racist country. Not the only one. But a racist country.

Forum List

Back