Florida Gov Signs Law Requiring Students, Faculty To Have Political Beliefs Surveyed

I saw on the news the other day that having pet birds is racist. Now today I saw a segment that teachers are being told that students raising their hand to get the teacher's attention is also racist. I'm almost afraid to breathe!
You are great.
And your standards of greatness are low ;)
Hey, Chicken Lips! My dog likes me.
My doggie thinks I’m pretty great too. She isn’t picky and this is why they are Man’s Bestest Friend!

View attachment 505227
So sweet.

I saw on the news the other day that having pet birds is racist. Now today I saw a segment that teachers are being told that students raising their hand to get the teacher's attention is also racist. I'm almost afraid to breathe!
You know, being white is racist, right?

Nah, only if the white guy is you ;)
Name one non-racist white person.

I'll wait. Then, I will use your answer to beat your ass.

You know, being white is racist, right?

Nah, only if the white guy is you ;)
Name one non-racist white person.

I'll wait. Then, I will use your answer to beat your ass.
Me. Prove me wrong :D

Why have Republicans allowed their Id to take total control of themselves?

1624593389752.png

I'm 74, and I was never taught anything in school about racism or the Native American holocaust. Republicans want to continue to sweep it all under the rug. Just a big whitewash of American history - and present reality.
Why would you want to be taught racism?

Everyone should want to learn about racism because it is American history.
And if you don't read about it, you won't understand why racism exists, where it came from, how it allowed employers to pay less, etc.

View attachment 505165

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) suggested that the state’s public universities and colleges may face financial repercussions depending on the survey results.

Florida’s governor has signed legislation that will require public colleges and universities to annually survey their students and staff about their beliefs and viewpoints in order to support “intellectual diversity,” while hinting that the schools could face financial penalties depending on the survey results.

The goal of House Bill 233, which was signed by Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) on Tuesday, is “to ensure” that students are presented “diverse idea and opinion, including those that they may disagree with or find uncomfortable,” according to its language.

DeSantis said the state’s institutes of higher learning have largely become “intellectually repressive environments” and that these surveys will help to change that.

This new law, which goes into effect on July 1, follows DeSantis earlier this month banning K-12 public schools from featuring specific lessons and discussions related to racism. These include educational lessons and discussions on the concept of critical race theory, which examines systemic racism in American institutions and policies, as well as on “The 1619 Project,” which is a New York Times initiative that reexamines the legacy of slavery in the United States.

Texas
also last month passed a bill that effectively bans public school teachers from talking about racism, white supremacy or current news events.

"Have political beliefs surveyed"? Sounds like a slippery slope to me! In fact - it sounds racist to me - and autocratic! We need smarter students - not dumber students! What do you think?

I equate this to Hitler asking if someone is Jewish.

View attachment 505165

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) suggested that the state’s public universities and colleges may face financial repercussions depending on the survey results.

Florida’s governor has signed legislation that will require public colleges and universities to annually survey their students and staff about their beliefs and viewpoints in order to support “intellectual diversity,” while hinting that the schools could face financial penalties depending on the survey results.

The goal of House Bill 233, which was signed by Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) on Tuesday, is “to ensure” that students are presented “diverse idea and opinion, including those that they may disagree with or find uncomfortable,” according to its language.

DeSantis said the state’s institutes of higher learning have largely become “intellectually repressive environments” and that these surveys will help to change that.

This new law, which goes into effect on July 1, follows DeSantis earlier this month banning K-12 public schools from featuring specific lessons and discussions related to racism. These include educational lessons and discussions on the concept of critical race theory, which examines systemic racism in American institutions and policies, as well as on “The 1619 Project,” which is a New York Times initiative that reexamines the legacy of slavery in the United States.

Texas
also last month passed a bill that effectively bans public school teachers from talking about racism, white supremacy or current news events.

"Have political beliefs surveyed"? Sounds like a slippery slope to me! In fact - it sounds racist to me - and autocratic! We need smarter students - not dumber students! What do you think?

So they effectively put commie indoctrination and lies off limits in K-12 and don't want commie indoctrination in the colleges. Does the poor commie need a tissue?

View attachment 505165

Texas

I equate this to Hitler asking if someone is Jewish.

Yeah right!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing0301::laughing0301:

You are great.
My doggie thinks I’m pretty great too. She isn’t picky and this is why they are Man’s Bestest Friend!

View attachment 505227

Your dog looks a lot like a brown version of my Stormy.

IMG_0117.JPG

You are great.

View attachment 505227

Your dog looks a lot like a brown version of my Stormy.

View attachment 505254
Yorkie/ Cockapoo mixer? Edit: no not Cockapoo - help me! :D

Did you actually READ that article? The headline is clickbait lies. Only a fool would believe these surveys have anything to do with "registering" political views. You people get worked up over the most obviously stupid shit, over and over. Your media masters haven't told you that where this fomented outrage leads, is a place where none of you will want to be, any more than the rest of us. People can only be lied about for so long before they lash out.
The purpose is to remove free thought from the education environment and replace it with "conservative" dogma.
Make no mistake.
These "surveys" will not be anonymous and those thinking improper thoughts will be "removed." Not for academic reasons but because their thoughts will be considered "dangerous."

Remember when the GOP accused what they called "leftists" of Orwellian plans?
Here's yet another example of the GOP implementing stuff right from the book.
conducting a survey is Orwellian?

The future is set. The question isn’t if we have a Totalitarian future. The only question is if it is Republicans or Democrats in charge of the totalitarian Government.

View attachment 505165

Texas

I think its a good idea. In the interest of diversity 50% of liberal professors should be fired and replaced by good decent people

Its Fascist in nature. The kids should say they are independents and undecided... all of them.
How is it fascist to want diversity? I thought the fascist liberals believe in diversity.

Funny! DeSantis is not concerned about "diversity". His true agenda is purely racist.
How is diversity racist?

This new law, which goes into effect on July 1, follows DeSantis earlier this month banning K-12 public schools from featuring specific lessons and discussions related to racism.
How is a law banning teaching CRT, racist? and what does it have to do with this topic, about a survey?

Have "beliefs surveyed"? Sounds like a slippery slope to me! In fact - it sounds racist to me! What do you think?
I think it's past due. Regardless of what these prog rags try to insinuate, no one is forcing ANY identified individual to make a statement of belief that can be used against them in any way. He wants to see if there are huge disparities between the tenured propagandists and the students that realize if they disagree or speak out against the one-sided political bull shit the Left engages in on campuses, they'd be failed or expelled. That's all it is and it's a danger to those political shills masquerading as educators. Roaches always run from the light.
Lol, can't be used against them. Just the funding pulled for wrong think. Never hold up to federal law just wait for every question to be answered go fuck yourself. By the way go fuck yourself dumb fuck.

View attachment 505165

Texas

It's a good guess that the various State and National school consortiums, and the ACLU, already have lawyers warming-up in the bullpen.

Forum List

Back