Florida to teach the positive aspects of slavery in Black history

Well, it's true. They did develop skills under slavery that could be applied to their benefit.
That doesn't mean slavery was a good thing for blacks to go through, nor does it imply that it was. That's just a recognition of reality.
I don't think it is the right approach to teaching the history of slavery in the US for several reasons, mainly because pointing that out is kind of like: "Duh, no shit"...but it is true that many slaves, if not all, learned skills that proved beneficial to them once slavery was ended.
Some good points, but that the brilliance and great skills of the enslaved manifested themselves PRIOR to emancipation is a crucial and heroic aspect of Black history.

Slavery and all the associated human trafficking was a dehumanizing, deeply cruel system.
Yes.
Slavery apologetics is beneath the dignity of any elected official.
Luckily, the work of these two Black PhDs is quite the opposite of any imaginary apologetics conjured by liberals to condemn their curriculum.

In fact, attacking this curriculum is deeply racist as well as ignorant.

I find that ironic.

Ironic and disgusting.

But also hilarious. :)

No one said it was a well intentioned training scheme you thick clod.....

Yes....you thick clod, the "benefits," were incidental and part of the entire history of slavery in this country......the entire history of slavery and every aspect of it covered in the curriculum.......

Meanwhile, you can go on and apologize for your country creating the trans-atlantic slave trade......
^ Another candidate for thread win.

Thank you for being rational and getting it. :)

Next on the list will be the holocaust camps helping fat folk to fight obesity. Or maybe they have done that already.
Perhaps.

But this has nothing to do with the topic.

Why do you refuse to acknowledge that your premise is counterfactual?

I am a republican, you dumb fuck....the klan belongs to the democrat party, slavery belongs to the democrat party, jim crow, lynching, belong to the democrat party.........embrace your racism...your democrat party is the home of racism, violence and hate...
Pretty much.

Of course they did. That is human nature.
Why are you degrading the heroic achievements of enslaved Blacks?
Guys on death row find varying ways to improve their life.
Jews in Treblinka found varying ways to improve their existence.
Quadriplegics will find varying ways to improve their existence.
Some do and did, some do not and did not.

I find your attempt to degrade the Black achievement which occurred while enduring the unthinkable quite repulsive.
The determinant question must be: OK, but do you want to be enslaved? Do you want to be in Treblinka? Do you want to be a quad? Did you volunteer for any of 'em?
Bizarre and irrelevant to the topic; you seek to degrade the achievements of others, and this is utterly disgusting.

Please note: If you wish me to reply in future, respond to my quote only; TIA.

".....Germany taught Jews to build rockets and jets. I guess that makes the Holocaust a good thing right?"

And, as some wit recently noted, Pompeiians may have believed the volcanic ash would be good for crops many generations later.
In my opinion, it is pure knuckleheadery to suggest slavery was a good and fine thing for the enslaved. Nutsocrazo thinking straight from the Bizarro Desk.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Eating grubs for supper in Kenya or getting diabetus eating Big Macs, paid for by welfare, in Compton, which is better?

Some do and did, some do not and did not
And the point of that observation would be?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Why are you degrading the heroic achievements of enslaved Blacks
  • ......I find your attempt to degrade the Black achievement which occurred while enduring the unthinkable quite repulsive.
  • ........you seek to degrade the achievements of others, and this is utterly disgusting.

You be you, good poster MinTrut.
You may very well believe that enslaving people...men, women, children, infants, young, old, aged ....is a good and fine thing and they hugely benefitted by having their families split up and sold piecemeal.

In my opinion, America thinks different. The ancestors of the enslaved think different.

But you be you.
This is America, poster MinTrut, you can be you in whatever flavor works for you at the moment.

Good luck.

And the point of that observation would be?
A response to your racist comment denigrating Black achievement.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You be you, good poster MinTrut.
Thanks for your permission. :)
You may very well believe that enslaving people...men, women, children, infants, young, old, aged ....is a good and fine thing and they hugely benefitted by having their families split up and sold piecemeal.
Have you read the thread?

Do you have ANY idea what you're talking about, or are you just randomly spitting ludicrous virtue-signaling platitudes that have nothing to do with the discussion?
In my opinion, America thinks different. The ancestors of the enslaved think different.
Too hilarious.

You literally have no idea what the curriculum is, who created it, and what it says; you're just spewing.
But you be you.
Thanks massa. :)
This is America, poster MinTrut, you can be you in whatever flavor works for you at the moment.
You are perhaps the most incompetent poster here, and when one considers the competition, that is a truly staggering accomplishment.

Unfortunately, unlike the skills applied, refined and/or acquired by enslaved Blacks, your incompetence - impressive as it is! - benefits no one.
Good luck.
Take care.

So your “truth” is that slavery was a good thing for slaves?
The curriculum - created by two Black PhDs - doesn't say that.

Read the thread before commenting, or you'll continue to look like a fool.
Newsflash, Germany taught Jews to build rockets and jets. I guess that makes the Holocaust a good thing right?
Read the thread, genius - you're making a complete fool of yourself.

And, as some wit recently noted, Pompeiians may have believed the volcanic ash would be good for crops many generations later.
Irrelevant idiocy.
In my opinion, it is pure knuckleheadery to suggest slavery was a good and fine thing for the enslaved.
The curriculum - created by two Black PhDs - doesn't suggest this at all.

Read the thread.
Nutsocrazo thinking straight from the Bizarro Desk.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Projection...?

Unfortunately, unlike the skills applied, refined and/or acquired by enslaved Blacks, your incompetence - impressive as it is! - benefits no one.
Still trying to find a way to support this racist claim huh?

The soft bigotry of significantly low expectations on the black population from democrats never ceases to amaze me. Nearly all of their rhetoric and policy points to the belief that black people are helpless and incapable of independently succeeding in life..

We conservatives think they are capable of success in America just as much as any person of any color.

Democrats need to get on board with stopping the treatment of black people as inferior

Still trying to find a way to support this racist claim huh?
You can troll me with idiotic and fallacious comments, or you can read the thread, learn something, and make an intelligent contribution.

Your choice.

Forum List

Back