Folk Libertarianism

Well that's really not a good indicator but whatever.
I dunno. I just thought dblack was commenting upon the lack of a coherent link to opposing lockdowns and mandatory vaccinations and stoking fires on orientation an even abortion.

the funny thing is that DeSantis's position on lockdowns may have made sense simply because of the climate. Getting people out of closed offices and bars.

I dunno. I just thought dblack was commenting upon the lack of a coherent link to opposing lockdowns and mandatory vaccinations and stoking fires on orientation an even abortion.

the funny thing is that DeSantis's position on lockdowns may have made sense simply because of the climate. Getting people out of closed offices and bars.

One item does not make one a Libertarian. I have strong Libertarian leanings but I don't even claim to be one as I diverge with them on a few items.

Libertarianism is a political philosophy. I agree that it has a streak of anti-authoritarianism at its core. “Authority for itself” is misleading, though. It’s more about personal sovereignty and innate human rights.
They're describing "Folk Libertarianism" and how it is different that the usual libertarian ideology.

Last edited:
They describing "Folk Libertarianism" and how it is different that the usual libertarian ideology.
Ok. I see that now that I looked again at the post I was replying to. It did preface the word libertarian with the word “folk.” Thanks.

I believe there is a left and right of libertarianism. Interesting concept. Definitely a smaller government party.

The open border policy is enough for me not to vote libertarian.
The destabilization brought on by open borders leads to the dissolution of sovereignty which is EXACTLY what the globalists wish so they can impose an even greater degree of centralized control on a worldwide level

The other possible outcome would be complete anarchy, which would only lead to the strongest and most ruthless taking control on the local level.

Both outcomes strike me as too utterly dystopian to consider.

Libertarians will disagree with each other on LOTS of topics, but the one thing they should all have in common is that they want to maximize liberty.

I can live with someone who disagrees with me on how to achieve the mutual goal of maximum liberty.

I run into LOTS of problems with folks who have no interest in that goal.

Libertarians will disagree with each other on LOTS of topics, but the one thing they should all have in common is that they want to maximize liberty.

I can live with someone who disagrees with me on how to achieve the mutual goal of maximum liberty.

I run into LOTS of problems with folks who have no interest in that goal.
My right to swing my fist ends at your nose.

If we could only convince people of both elements, then we would be getting somewhere. Yes, we have the right to swing our fists and yes, other people do have noses.

My right to swing my fist ends at your nose.

If we could only convince people of both elements, then we would be getting somewhere. Yes, we have the right to swing our fists and yes, other people do have noses.
"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." —Thomas Jefferson

Forum List

Back