Folks, it's already too late.

I'm speaking to my fellow progressives when I make this observation.

It is painfully apparent the unfounded, as I write this, allegations of corruption made about Joe Biden with respect to his son are now permanently part of the conservative lexicon. No amount of refutation has in any way diminished their blind devotion to it. They're all in.

This phenomenon is hardly unique. We see other examples of it all the time. Everything from bamboo in the ballots to Fast and Furious to Crossfire Hurricane to "Obama is a Muslim" and everything in between. Endless posts with irrefutable factual content laying to waste the falsehoods they've adopted break like waves on a seawall. Their beliefs are as impenetrable as they are intransigent.

I don't believe progressives have cornered the market on the truth. Nor do I believe everything that is part of the liberal lexicon is wholly, factually, accurate. But I can find no liberal equivalence to the pervasive belief on the part of Repubs in the Big Lie. Or the extent to which conspiracy theories are central to their narratives.
Nearly 700 days later, most Republicans still believe Trump’s big lie
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ost-republicans-still-believe-trumps-big-lie/

What can be done? Persist. Persist in the hope that even if they can not bring themselves to admit it on this forum they will come to know the facts. Persist in the hope we can someday have constructive conversations over issues with which we disagree without having to argue about the color of the sky. Persist in the hope we can eventually move past the vitriol and work, TOGETHER, to address the nation's very consequential problems. IMO, Repubs have lost their way. We must remain hopeful they will find it again or all is lost.
I suggest another rationale underlying supposed Republican intransigence in such matters...

LibProg policies and related Woke-ism are disgusting to them and they will ignore contrary facts in order to pull you down...

• Critical Race Theory
  • Woke-ism in the military
  • Abortion up-to-and-including time-of-birth
  • LGTBQ Gay Mafia assaults on educational institutions and sports and the American Family and Parents' Rights
  • Legs-spread-wide open borders and the massive, invasive flood of Illegal Aliens onto United States sovereign soil
  • Softness on crime ( defund the police, abandonment of bail, prosecutors and DAs who won't enforce the law)
...etc... etc... etc... only to mention a few of the biggies...

You disgust them... you arrogantly insult and dis-empower them... and then you cannot understand why they oppose you...

They will use any sort of ammunition that comes their way in their mission to remove you from or limit your political power...

And if that includes ignoring a fact here-and-there or overlooking a potential tyrant's shortcomings, in order to pull down your LibProg excesses, then that's what they'll do...

Every once-in-a-while it helps to restate the obvious for those to whom "the obvious" has fallen off their radar screen... :cool:

Last edited:

It is painfully apparent the unfounded, as I write this, allegations of corruption made about Joe Biden with respect to his son are now permanently part of the conservative lexicon. No amount of refutation has in any way diminished their blind devotion to it. They're all in.

This phenomenon is hardly unique. We see other examples of it all the time. Everything from bamboo in the ballots to Fast and Furious to Crossfire Hurricane to "Obama is a Muslim" and everything in between. Endless posts with irrefutable factual content laying to waste the falsehoods they've adopted break like waves on a seawall. Their beliefs are as impenetrable as they are intransigent.

I don't believe progressives have cornered the market on the truth. Nor do I believe everything that is part of the liberal lexicon is wholly, factually, accurate. But I can find no liberal equivalence to the pervasive belief on the part of Repubs in the Big Lie. Or the extent to which conspiracy theories are central to their narratives.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ost-republicans-still-believe-trumps-big-lie/

What can be done? Persist. Persist in the hope that even if they can not bring themselves to admit it on this forum they will come to know the facts. Persist in the hope we can someday have constructive conversations over issues with which we disagree without having to argue about the color of the sky. Persist in the hope we can eventually move past the vitriol and work, TOGETHER, to address the nation's very consequential problems. IMO, Repubs have lost their way. We must remain hopeful they will find it again or all is lost.

Bub...all is lost...and it is not the reps fault. Dems have full control of EVERYTHING.

biden chef biden jpg.jpg

Who else stopped reading at "It is painfully apparent the unfounded, as I write this, allegations of corruption made about Joe Biden with respect to his son are now permanently part of the conservative lexicon. No amount of refutation has in any way diminished their blind devotion to it. They're all in."

I suggest another rationale underlying supposed Republican intransigence in such matters...

LibProg policies and related Woke-ism are disgusting to them and they will ignore contrary facts in order to pull you down...

• Critical Race Theory
  • Woke-ism in the military
  • Abortion up-to-and-including time-of-birth
  • LGTBQ Gay Mafia assaults on educational institutions and sports and the American Family and Parents' Rights
  • Legs-spread-wide open borders and the massive, invasive flood of Illegal Aliens onto United States sovereign soil
  • Softness on crime ( defund the police, abandonment of bail, prosecutors and DAs who won't enforce the law)
...etc... etc... etc... only to mention a few of the biggies...

You disgust them... you arrogantly insult and dis-empower them... and then you cannot understand why they oppose you...

They will use any sort of ammunition that comes their way in their mission to remove you from or limit your political power...

And if that includes ignoring a fact here-and-there or overlooking a potential tyrant's shortcomings, in order to pull down your LibProg excesses, then that's what they'll do...

Every once-in-a-while it helps to restate the obvious for those to whom "the obvious" has fallen off their radar screen... :cool:
More made up shit…

This thread is about an acceptance or denial of the truth, not a disagreement about policy.

WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN???!?!??

Yup, your made up shit doesn’t fit in.
I give you an opinion.

It's not made-up.

It's quite real.

And it is a fairly reliable articulation of the rationale behind GOP intransigence in recent times.

Your inability or unwillingness to perceive the truth within that narration is not my cross to bear.

Although it IS rather amusing to watch LibProgs try to dismiss it.

This thread is about an acceptance or denial of the truth, not a disagreement about policy.
Indeed. And I present to you a reasonably well-articulated basis for that denial, don't I?

The observation is timely, relevant and accurate.

I give you an opinion.

It's not made-up.

It's quite real.

And it is a fairly reliable articulation of the rationale behind GOP intransigence in recent times.

Your inability or unwillingness to perceive the truth within that narration is not my cross to bear.

Although it IS rather amusing to watch LibProgs try to dismiss it.
Btw, you just claimed it was your opinion….that doesn’t qualify as the truth.

Btw, you just claimed it was your opinion….that doesn’t qualify as the truth.
Indeed.

And that well-considered, well-articulated opinion presented you with a rational explanation for GOP intransigence.

There are dozens of millions of adherents to the GOP who are willing to overlook his faults and to overlook various facts.

The O(riginal) P(ost) asked the question: Why?

There is no fact-based answer that can account for the personal perceptions of those dozens of millions.

But one CAN speak to the "collective" with informed, rational speculation, based upon observation of the political scene.

Which is exactly what you got from me in the my itemized "original" in this particular sequence.

The phrases "observation -based theory" and "observation -based speculation" come to mind as equally suitable labels.

I would have thought that my "opinion" as served would have been been understood to be "opinion" without the drama.

Your limited perceptive abilities in this context are not my issue to sort... now... go bother somebody else, little lightweight.

You know, you actually had me on 90% of what you originally posted as being pretty sound and reasonable, until you went off on a tangent with this election stuff. Then you come out with this copy/paste bullshit same as every other tard on here tries to claim.

Then you must really be looking in all the wrong places on purpose, as I have enough evidence that the election was rigged that it would take weeks to read through it all.
But let's start right here with the 2/3/21 ADMISSION bragging that they rigged it naming all the names, people and organizations involved in a year long effort to ASSURE that no matter what, Trump would NOT be reelected president in national print! Of course, they try to spin the story as a GOOD thing that so many people orchestrated a nearly half-billion dollar year-long effort to fix the election outcome as a means of "saving" democracy. They "saved" democracy by walking all over it.

You had better get this irrefutable evidence to Rudy, the Kraken Lady, Mike Pillow and the rightwing nutters nuz pronto. They are in immediate need of it.
Besides since you are keeping this evidence from the proper authorities YOU are committing a crime and maybe arrested. You are obviously NOT a patriot since you are hiding this irrefutable evidence and NOT helping out The Fat Orange Shit Giblet God/King!

Please define your definition of ballot harvesting....

Does it mean strangers walking neighborhoods to collect ballots and drop them off for them?

Or relatives dropping off relative's ballots?

Ballot harvesting is going to large buildings or neighborhoods and collecting ballots. There are various degrees of illegality and fugazi level behavior, but it can range from just collecting mass ballots from a location (usually illegal, at least before the covid "emergency" to "helping" people fill out their ballots, to downright going through trash for discarded ones and voting when you KNOW the people discarding aren't voters.

Ballot harvesting is going to large buildings or neighborhoods and collecting ballots. There are various degrees of illegality and fugazi level behavior, but it can range from just collecting mass ballots from a location (usually illegal, at least before the covid "emergency" to "helping" people fill out their ballots, to downright going through trash for discarded ones and voting when you KNOW the people discarding aren't voters.
You have no idea what goes in at a voting poll do you ? You are hilariously ignorant.. Have you ever voted absentee ballot ? Sounds like you NEVER HAVE and know nothing about it. What are the fking chances one OF YOUR FAKE REPUBLICAN ballots will match the registration of a legal voter ? Think about it before you make up stooopid shit that ONLY REPUGNANTS have been found guilty of organized voter fraud.

ALL THE organized voter fraud SHIT YOU ACCUSE Democrats of, have only been done by REPUBLICANS….

Forum List

Back