Zone1 For 2023, Consider a Bible Reading Plan!

You stone women for adultery? You charge more interest on loans to foreigners than you do to your countrymen? You sacrifice animals in a temple?
No Temple anymore. No Sanhedrin to pass judgement. Some Laws are only enforceable in Israel, some are only enforceable when the Temple stands. Some were never enforceable. The witness requirements for any capital punishment made them impossible. You should read Talmud, in the original language, to understand the way the laws work.

No Temple anymore. No Sanhedrin to pass judgement. Some Laws are only enforceable in Israel, some are only enforceable when the Temple stands. Some were never enforceable. The witness requirements for any capital punishment made them impossible. You should read Talmud, in the original language, to understand the way the laws work.
No temple, you say? No kidding. And yet you follow all those laws. What sorcery is that?

Before Talmud, how did Israel ever understand its Mosaic Law? For that law's entire existence, did it effectively have no readership?

I wish I were the type of person to pick up my Bible and read it just because, but no.

Therefore, Bible Reading Plans are helpful for me. In the last few years, I've read the Bible cover to cover, the Bible chronologically, the Bible in two years plus a Psalm or Proverb every day, and today I will read Revelation 22 to finish my New Testament in a year plan.

There are plans to suit all kinds of needs and readers here:

And plenty of sites where you can read the Bible for free, even with commentary and study notes. Happy (almost) 2023!
I've studied it for over 45 years. Now I just grab it open it to whatever and start reading....as a refresher.
Then when something scrambles me(again) I open up Vic Alexanders Aramaic translation and go a little more.
I've even busted into a Koran too see their thoughts on the matter...and even LDS literature....on other topics

I freely mock those who pick and choose which laws they follow and who they condemn ... Jesus cured the blind on the Sabbath ... so it's not just me mocking the OT, when the OT needs mocking ...

I'm interested though ... what part does the OT play in your day-to-day Christian lifestyle? ... I bought a rundown apartment complex and turned into a safe and affordable haven for the widows and orphans of our community ... a resource for all the local churches ... but this is all strictly NT stuff ... mercy and forgiveness before legalities ...
Like the time Yeshua explaind to those dumb fucks...."when you have a milk goat fall into a hole on any day, and the kids need milk,haul your dumb ass over there and rescue the thing.
Verily I say unto thee, father says don't be an idiot !

"when you have a milk goat fall into a hole on any day, and the kids need milk,haul your dumb ass over there and rescue the thing.
Ummm, I believe Jesus was pointing out that such action was already permitted. Actual rescue of a person or an animal was not against Sabbath law.

Jesus was trying to make an additional point that doing good (like his healing an infirmity) on the Sabbath was within the law as well. The argument in return was, leaving an ox/goat in danger until the next day might result in death. Healing a long-time infirmity on the Sabbath when it could have waited a few hours to be healed after the sun had set was not absolutely necessary, therefore against Sabbath law.

The discussion in play was, Should one ever wait to that which is good? Should even the Sabbath stop people from doing what is good?

Ummm, I believe Jesus was pointing out that such action was already permitted. Actual rescue of a person or an animal was not against Sabbath law.

Jesus was trying to make an additional point that doing good (like his healing an infirmity) on the Sabbath was within the law as well. The argument in return was, leaving an ox/goat in danger until the next day might result in death. Healing a long-time infirmity on the Sabbath when it could have waited a few hours to be healed after the sun had set was not absolutely necessary, therefore against Sabbath law.

The discussion in play was, Should one ever wait to that which is good? Should even the Sabbath stop people from doing what is good?
He did that a lot...because the "self chosen" came up with things that make them look good.
Kinda like the chick doling out BJ's around the corner to be able to get some food .
Funny . They all wanted to cast the first stone. "Judge not lest ye be judged" until they got publicly straightened out on the matter. The "chosen-ness" got hushed up....that time

I rescued an injured dog on Yom Kippur. He was lying on the street, and I drove him to the animal clinic. The vet said he would have died if I didn’t bring him in. (Just saying.)

Life becomes before anything else. Jesus was just teaching Jewish law.

He did that a lot...because the "self chosen" came up with things that make them look good.
Kinda like the chick doling out BJ's around the corner to be able to get some food .
Funny . They all wanted to cast the first stone. "Judge not lest ye be judged" until they got publicly straightened out on the matter. The "chosen-ness" got hushed up....that time
What with this “chosen” bit? Have you ever asked what G-d chose the Jewish people FOR?

cast the first stone.
images

~S~

I'm not what you'd call a biblicist, nor will I ever be. But if I were, I would think that cross-referencing many of the world's different bibles would be a practical thing to do. Depends on how one defines bible ''study,'' I suppose.

The Noah Webster Version of the KJ bible is okay.

Last edited:
I rescued an injured dog on Yom Kippur. He was lying on the street, and I drove him to the animal clinic. The vet said he would have died if I didn’t bring him in. (Just saying.)

Life becomes before anything else. Jesus was just teaching Jewish law.
You done good. But would the Pharisees of Jesus day approve?

No temple, you say? No kidding. And yet you follow all those laws. What sorcery is that?

Before Talmud, how did Israel ever understand its Mosaic Law? For that law's entire existence, did it effectively have no readership?
Follow all the laws that are followable. Before Talmud, it was the Oral tradition.

No citation then ... and you won't just simply state what the differences are ... if saying we're both right is too difficult for you ... then you need to study more ... as you said in the OP ...

You've been given links and articles. It's been explained. That's it.

I freely mock those who pick and choose which laws they follow and who they condemn ... Jesus cured the blind on the Sabbath ... so it's not just me mocking the OT, when the OT needs mocking ...

I'm interested though ... what part does the OT play in your day-to-day Christian lifestyle? ... I bought a rundown apartment complex and turned into a safe and affordable haven for the widows and orphans of our community ... a resource for all the local churches ... but this is all strictly NT stuff ... mercy and forgiveness before legalities ...

"See that thou keep my sabbath ...

sabbath is a type of completion - (good not evil) purity, the heavens demand not to spoil earth - no pollution ... the desert religions haven't a clue.

jesus cured the blind as a sabbath.

Oh, selective compliance. The way Christians approach the Law, too. How useless the Law is.
Selective compliance is not following laws that you don't want to. I follow all the laws that I can. Anything that deal with the Temple, can't be followed right now. Once a Temple is rebuilt, they will be active again.

Forum List

Back