For all the Bigoted Bakers, Fanatical Florists and Pharisee Photographers

Like you've been told repeatedly, you can still be a jerk in your personal life. You just cannot carry that over into your business dealings in the interest of fairness. If the states have to FORCE you to be fair, then so be it. Your religious intolerance for others is NOT a compelling reason for the state to overturn these anti-discrimination and civil rights laws, especially since they protect ALL of us from discriminatory business practice.

No, they only protect you if you are a member of a protected class. So you can deny service to me due to my political views, unless I can figure out some way to relate it to some protected class.

And only you think someone acting on their morals is "being a jerk"

No I cannot and also, I would not. Businesses are also not allowed to discriminate against a person based upon his or her religious views. God, you really are so stupid. It's unbelievable really.

Actually you could do it, because as a white heterosexual male of indeterminate religious affiliation, you could deny me service because of my views. I said political views. read my statement before responding next time.

Yeah but no. That is not how the law works.

Actually it's how they do. Political views are not a "protected class."

Oh yes, in some states political views do count, as does sex and gender, so you are wrong . . . again like usual.

Really. Discrimination is a thing of the past. I hadn't realized.

Like you've been told repeatedly, you can still be a jerk in your personal life. You just cannot carry that over into your business dealings in the interest of fairness. If the states have to FORCE you to be fair, then so be it. Your religious intolerance for others is NOT a compelling reason for the state to overturn these anti-discrimination and civil rights laws, especially since they protect ALL of us from discriminatory business practice.

No, they only protect you if you are a member of a protected class. So you can deny service to me due to my political views, unless I can figure out some way to relate it to some protected class.

yeah, you go petition your state to recognize your "religious views" when it comes to business matters. Let's see how far you get. For one thing, it is against the states' best interests to humor you and your intolerance for others. The states do what is best for the states when it comes to business matters, and allowing you to blatantly discriminate against certain sectors of the communities would harm the states income. This is why you would be ignored, so go ahead and cry about how you are being "persecuted" for your strange and outdated ancient religious beliefs. Lol! I think it would be hilarious. :D

Not my beliefs, their beliefs. And your worship of the almighty state is apparent, when the State is the one doing your dirty work.

I don't worship anything. I'm supporting a law that I think is just. There is no "dirty work." You are the one with the dirty work to do, by denying people (your fellow Americans) access to a store or product. THAT is dirty.

and you denying your fellow Americans their pursuit of happiness because they find moral objection to something, and are causing no harm to anyone else.

Actually, yes, problem solved.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

No I cannot and also, I would not. Businesses are also not allowed to discriminate against a person based upon his or her religious views. God, you really are so stupid. It's unbelievable really.

Actually you could do it, because as a white heterosexual male of indeterminate religious affiliation, you could deny me service because of my views. I said political views. read my statement before responding next time.

You see? Here is the "gist" of anti discrimination laws that you are so opposed to.

Anti-discrimination law refers to the law on the right of people to be treated equally. Some countries mandate that in employment, in consumer transactions and in political participation people must be dealt with on an equal basis regardless of sex, age, race, ethnicity, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and sometimes religious and political opinions.

yeah, you go petition your state to recognize your "religious views" when it comes to business matters. Let's see how far you get. For one thing, it is against the states' best interests to humor you and your intolerance for others. The states do what is best for the states when it comes to business matters, and allowing you to blatantly discriminate against certain sectors of the communities would harm the states income. This is why you would be ignored, so go ahead and cry about how you are being "persecuted" for your strange and outdated ancient religious beliefs. Lol! I think it would be hilarious. :D

Not my beliefs, their beliefs. And your worship of the almighty state is apparent, when the State is the one doing your dirty work.

I don't worship anything. I'm supporting a law that I think is just. There is no "dirty work." You are the one with the dirty work to do, by denying people (your fellow Americans) access to a store or product. THAT is dirty.

and you denying your fellow Americans their pursuit of happiness because they find moral objection to something, and are causing no harm to anyone else.

You say it does no harm. Black people, women and gay people would tend to disagree with you, and all those who have actually EXPERIENCED discrimination. Just because you are ignorant to their plight doesn't make it "unimportant" or "harmless." The state has deemed that it IS harmful.

Oh yes, in some states political views do count, as does sex and gender, so you are wrong . . . again like usual.

So in those states a Nazi could make a baker bake a swastika cake?

You see? Here is the "gist" of anti discrimination laws that you are so opposed to.

Anti-discrimination law refers to the law on the right of people to be treated equally. Some countries mandate that in employment, in consumer transactions and in political participation people must be dealt with on an equal basis regardless of sex, age, race, ethnicity, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and sometimes religious and political opinions.

it says "sometimes" and "some countries". Nice job going for the most broad definition and not specifics.

You dumb fuck, how many times do you have to be told. This is NOT about the product supplied, it is about access to the product. Moron. Learn the law. Your ignorance is showing . . . again.

You say it does no harm. Black people, women and gay people would tend to disagree with you, and all those who have actually EXPERIENCED discrimination. Just because you are ignorant to their plight doesn't make it "unimportant" or "harmless." The state has deemed that it IS harmful.

Hurt feelings are not harm.

it says "sometimes" and "some countries". Nice job going for the most broad definition and not specifics.

That depends on your state laws, obviously. I'm sorry that you don't get laws and how they are applied. You sound foolish.

The state disagrees and feels that restricting certain segments of the community to only doing business with those who "agree" with them is quite harmful, not only to the individual but to the business community as a whole, which is of compelling interest to any state. Good and fair business practice helps everyone and harms no one.

You dumb fuck, how many times do you have to be told. This is NOT about the product supplied, it is about access to the product. Moron. Learn the law. Your ignorance is showing . . . again.

A baker advertises "I make cakes of any shape!" and he is Jewish.

Nazi asked for a swastika shaped cake and jewish baker refuses because it offends him.

If political views are protected, why can the jewish baker deny the service?

That depends on your state laws, obviously. I'm sorry that you don't get laws and how they are applied. You sound foolish.

Provide specific examples of political opinion being a protected class in a US State.

Nazi asked for a swastika shaped cake and jewish baker refuses because it offends him.

Again it is not about denying performing a service that you find distasteful. You can still maintain control of your product. The issue at hand is access to the product. You cannot deny a certain segment of the community access to your product if you are running a business. Period and end of story.

Provide specific examples of political opinion being a protected class in a US State.

Good geebus, you're dumb. :lol:

The state disagrees and feels that restricting certain segments of the community to only doing business with those who "agree" with them is quite harmful, not only to the individual but to the business community as a whole, which is of compelling interest to any state. Good and fair business practice helps everyone and harms no one.

except the person who want's to be a baker, and can't because of their morals and the state's insistence their morals don't count.

But evidently your's do, and that makes you a fucking hypocrite.

A baker that offered to bake cakes in any shape is a stupid baker.

Can you show me a PA law that covers political views?

Again it is not about denying performing a service that you find distasteful. You can still maintain control of your product. The issue at hand is access to the product. You cannot deny a certain segment of the community access to your product if you are running a business. Period and end of story.

That doesn't answer the question.

except the person who want's to be a baker, and can't because of their morals and the state's insistence their morals don't count.

But evidently your's do, and that makes you a fucking hypocrite.

Yeah, you keep telling yourself that. Obviously it makes you feel better. Lol! :D Still funny to me!

That doesn't answer the question.

Why on earth do you think I would search anything for the likes of you. Do it yourself.

Another example. I can refuse to make "specialty" cakes for customers. I can have a book with the cakes I will make. I can refuse to make a specialty cake for anyone, as this does not discriminate against any group of people in particular. However, refusing to even bake a cake, which is the service I provide, to a person because he or she is gay, is discrimination.

Gay cakes are "specialty cakes", problem solved.

Can a cake be gay?

Forum List

Back