Free Contraceptive Program = 40% Drop In Teen Birth Rate

Well, obviously you two are right. Fuck, what a moron... him...me, I don't know.

Yes only a moron like a far left drone would not admit to be wrong when they are caught..

Seriously kid, fuck off. You have a wiki link that you can't even speak to. I understand, you're probably between 14-16 years old and you have opinions and haven't quite figured out how to communicate them so for the moment you think that copying off the other wingnuts and replying how they do is your best shot. I understand that, I was probably the same at your age.

Just keep going to school, keep an open mind and who knows, maybe lightening will strike and you'll figure out how to form an opinion.

Yes you were wrong! And you can not admit to it!

These irony impaired far left drones and their comments!

Well, obviously you two are right. Fuck, what a moron... him...me, I don't know.

Yes only a moron like a far left drone would not admit to be wrong when they are caught..

Seriously kid, fuck off. You have a wiki link that you can't even speak to. I understand, you're probably between 14-16 years old and you have opinions and haven't quite figured out how to communicate them so for the moment you think that copying off the other wingnuts and replying how they do is your best shot. I understand that, I was probably the same at your age.

Just keep going to school, keep an open mind and who knows, maybe lightening will strike and you'll figure out how to form an opinion.

Bye Felicia, or is that too old for your generation?

Providing contraceptives to teens at low or no cost is a win-win-win for Republicans i.e. less abortions for their evangie base, lowers taxes for their tax cutting base and-----and less funding for medicare and family planning clinics that most conservatives/Republicans seem to hate.

Q) Why are conservatives/Republicans in CO trying to kill this successful program?

Colorado claims contraceptive program caused big drop in teen birth rates
By Electa Draper
The Denver Post

A state health initiative to reduce teen birth rates by providing more than 30,000 contraceptive devices at low or no cost has led to a 40 percent drop in five years, Gov. John Hickenlooper said Thursday.

The Colorado Family Planning Initiative, funded by a private anonymous donor for five years, has provided intrauterine devices and other implants to low-income women at 68 family-planning clinics across Colorado since 2009.

The clinics are in local health departments, hospitals and private nonprofit facilities. The program also provided training and technical assistance to family planning clinics statewide.

"When families are planned and women have children when they're ready and want them ... it's really a better situation for everyone," Hickenlooper said during his state Capitol news conference.

<snip>

The family-planning program has saved $5.68 in Medicaid costs for every dollar spent on the contraceptives, the state said. The state has saved millions in health care expenditures — $42.5 million in public funds in 2010 alone based on the latest available data.

The decline improved Colorado's standing among states from having the 29th-lowest teen birth rate in 2008 to being ranked 19th among states and the District of Columbia in 2012.

Of course. Lots of people now rely on government and stopped thinking or themselves. So, if you don't want people to get pregnant, hand them free birth control and lots of it. Too bad we can't dole out common sense and self-respect.

That is what the far left wants.

They want a two family income so the government can take care of the kids.

Sex without consequence ain't about a woman's freedom. Historically it's about (mostly liberal) men's evasion of responsibility and control over women, the Playboy philosophy if you will. Unrestricted birth control for girls isn't much different from forcing Boy Scouts to hire overt homosexuals. It's a dream come true for degenerates.

Well, no. It's the woman who is usually stuck with the consequences of an unwanted pregnancy. I'd prefer to put more choice into their hands.
The proliferation of birth control in the modern era hasn't resulted in less unwanted pregnancies. 40% of children are born out of wedlock today as opposed to 10% around the time of Roe V Wade.

db8_fig1_percent_out_wedlock_trend.png

So forgive me if I am ambivalent about putting more taxpayer money towards contraception.

Dueling charts...get the banjos ready.

Your chart is about birth rates to unwed mothers. That probably is going up, fewer people are getting married.

Specifically we are talking about teenage birth rates, no?

about-teen-birth-rates-1991-2013-585px.jpg

See the difference?
Far less teenagers are getting married as well, and thus deferring child rearing to an older age. Birth rates by every age are down or flat for every age group as well.

20140320_Haskins_Chart1LARGE.jpg

age-specific-fertility-rates.jpg

I am also very skeptical that this significant rise in out of wedlock births are wanted or planned pregnancies. In fact the statistics are to the contrary. About 50% of pregnancies are mistimed or unwanted. 50% of these women are using birth control.

The Shriver Report Why are 50 Percent of Pregnancies in the U.S. Unplanned

Bye Felicia, or is that too old for your generation?

Yes all because you can not admit that you were wrong!

That is what the far left drones do on this board.

Then again the far left does have the mentality of a two year old.

Sex without consequence ain't about a woman's freedom. Historically it's about (mostly liberal) men's evasion of responsibility and control over women, the Playboy philosophy if you will. Unrestricted birth control for girls isn't much different from forcing Boy Scouts to hire overt homosexuals. It's a dream come true for degenerates.

Well, no. It's the woman who is usually stuck with the consequences of an unwanted pregnancy. I'd prefer to put more choice into their hands.
The proliferation of birth control in the modern era hasn't resulted in less unwanted pregnancies. 40% of children are born out of wedlock today as opposed to 10% around the time of Roe V Wade.

So forgive me if I am ambivalent about putting more taxpayer money towards contraception.

You're leaving out some important information. Out of wedlock pregnancies were mostly hidden due to the stigma - shotgun weddings, pregnant wives, and girls "sent away" for 9 months.

Birth control's most important function is that for the first time women have control over their reproductive choices and the old double standard of "boys will be boys" and women will remain chaste is done with. So is the common fact of women undergoing birth after birth until their bodies are wrecked, riddled with fistulas, and other issues and families having more children then they want or can afford.

Well no, not really. The pressure from the father and/or the threat of abandonment at a time when a woman is most vulnerable is enough to cause her to hire technicians to murder her unborn. The least studied factor in a woman's decision to terminate pregnancy is her sense of loss and her subsequent sense of guilt for the rest of her life. The relationship between the guilt from abortions and suicide rate isn't studied because it's actually liberal men and the democrat party who control the issue.

You do realize you're saying this in a thread that is pro birth control, no?

Also, the pressure from the father is not really a liberal agenda, it's the would be fathers and the would be fathers alone, whatever that happens to be.

It's also legally not murder, that's just you calling it that.

So, how about less abortions through free birth control? Sounds like a win, win to me.

The thread is about abortion. Free birth control for girls below the age of consent is the ultimate power grab for hip-hop and pop-culture degenerates. It's still about control over women and the democrat party's war on girls and women.

The thread is about birth control, what the fuck? :cuckoo:

Admittedly one of your wing nut friends thinks it's also about trampling on the right of gays.

The irony impaired far left drones and their comments!

Yes! "equality" is just a word used by wing nuts like this one, but they can not see how this is not equal for the gay community to pay for heterosexual behavior.

The far left has often been irony impaired.

I don't know how you are unable to comprehend that unwanted children have an effect on all of society, gay or straight. Whether it's the taxes you pay, the quality of education our youth receives and crime rates. You're obviously not very bright.

Actually, I'm not the bright one because I keep responding to you.

Are you crazy?

Prior to birth control women would have 4-8 kids

How many families that large do you see?
Umm aren't we talking about teen age girls? The dirty little secret is that teen age girls (and boys) are the prime target of gang bangers and idiot hip hop and pop generation adults. Free (outside parental guidance) contraceptives opens up a whole new world for degenerate liberal men and that's what it is all about.

You do realize you're saying this in a thread that is pro birth control, no?

Also, the pressure from the father is not really a liberal agenda, it's the would be fathers and the would be fathers alone, whatever that happens to be.

It's also legally not murder, that's just you calling it that.

So, how about less abortions through free birth control? Sounds like a win, win to me.

The thread is about abortion. Free birth control for girls below the age of consent is the ultimate power grab for hip-hop and pop-culture degenerates. It's still about control over women and the democrat party's war on girls and women.

The thread is about birth control, what the fuck? :cuckoo:

Admittedly one of your wing nut friends thinks it's also about trampling on the right of gays.

The irony impaired far left drones and their comments!

Yes! "equality" is just a word used by wing nuts like this one, but they can not see how this is not equal for the gay community to pay for heterosexual behavior.

The far left has often been irony impaired.

I don't know how you are unable to comprehend that unwanted children have an effect on all of society, gay or straight. Whether it's the taxes you pay, the quality of education our youth receives and crime rates. You're obviously not very bright.

Actually, I'm not the bright one because I keep responding to you.

Are you crazy?

Prior to birth control women would have 4-8 kids

How many families that large do you see?
Umm aren't we talking about teen age girls? The dirty little secret is that teen age girls (and boys) are the prime target of gang bangers and idiot hip hop and pop generation adults. Free (outside parental guidance) contraceptives opens up a whole new world for degenerate liberal men and that's what it is all about.

Gang bangers?

Exactly. Funny thing too - girls having sex with out consequences is "dream come true for degenerates" yet men have been having sex without consequences for ages.

You're leaving out some important information. Out of wedlock pregnancies were mostly hidden due to the stigma - shotgun weddings, pregnant wives, and girls "sent away" for 9 months.

Birth control's most important function is that for the first time women have control over their reproductive choices and the old double standard of "boys will be boys" and women will remain chaste is done with. So is the common fact of women undergoing birth after birth until their bodies are wrecked, riddled with fistulas, and other issues and families having more children then they want or can afford.
Social Stigma cannot account for a rise of out of wedlock births from around 5% to 40%, and I would defy you to provide data to that end.

Exactly. Funny thing too - girls having sex with out consequences is "dream come true for degenerates" yet men have been having sex without consequences for ages.

Pretty much. There are no Sleeping Beauty fairy tale romances going on here. We are talking about stats and teenage pregnancy and the determent that brings to young people, mostly the girls. Education, job opportunities, a fair chance in the world all revolve around real family planning. Birth control is a huge plus. Sometimes so is abortion.

Social Stigma cannot account for a rise of out of wedlock births from around 5% to 40%, and I would defy you to provide data to that end.

So you ignored my chart. It's OK, I'll try to get over it.

So you should have the links to non-far left blog sites to back that up...

Why would I choose blogs?

An Analysis of Out-Of-Wedlock Births in the United States Brookings Institution

Born out of wedlock who cares How shotgun weddings are on the decline as surprised couples choose the cheaper option of cohabitation Daily Mail Online

I don't need my crystal ball to predict your response: it will include far-left drone.

No I didn't, you should read before you post.

No, I meant specifically you addressing a decline in teenage pregnancies.

So you should have the links to non-far left blog sites to back that up...

Why would I choose blogs?

An Analysis of Out-Of-Wedlock Births in the United States Brookings Institution

Born out of wedlock who cares How shotgun weddings are on the decline as surprised couples choose the cheaper option of cohabitation Daily Mail Online

I don't need my crystal ball to predict your response: it will include far-left drone.

Yes, because you are a far left drone and used sites that still did not back up your comments.

That is not surprising!

So you are claiming that US government and the CDC omitted this material due to a stigma?

I did.

Free Contraceptive Program 40 Drop In Teen Birth Rate Page 13 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Like I said, read before you post.

Social stigma is HUGE. I already provided links on shotgun wedding a few posts earlier.

Mother and Baby Homes

I did.

Free Contraceptive Program 40 Drop In Teen Birth Rate Page 13 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Like I said, read before you post.

Well, not really.

Unmarried teen birth rates. Down. It's a good thing. We can talk about carrying over until they get married or delaying until later in life. Point being, unmarried teen birth rates..down.

Forum List

Back