Freedom Isn’t a Zero-Sum Game - If Gays Have More Rights, Christians Don't Have Fewer

Being voted on by Congress makes it a law. Quit trying to be clever. It isnt working and you arent.
Holy shit. You really are this stupid.

Every body read that?

"Being voted on by Congress makes it a law"

Maybe some school children could chime in and provide Rabbi with a Civics lesson.
Why dont you tell me what's wrong wit it? This way I can kick your ass all over again and make you look stupid.

RaBBIT: Thinks only Congress enacts laws.

:lol:

Is there a step you're missing slow one?
Again, please explain where I am wrong. I'd love to kick your ass down yet one more time. You wont. Because you're scared if you do I'll show everyone what a moron you are.
Man, you are one dense mother humpa.

You really do think ONLY congress enacts laws.

This is so funny.

:rofl:
And yet as many times as I invite you to show where this is wrong you fail. Because you are a gutless coward and wrong to boot.

And as usual Peeperview wimps out and jumps the thread. Thereby showing what a worthless twat he/she is.

Holy shit. You really are this stupid.

Every body read that?

Maybe some school children could chime in and provide Rabbi with a Civics lesson.
Why dont you tell me what's wrong wit it? This way I can kick your ass all over again and make you look stupid.

Again, please explain where I am wrong. I'd love to kick your ass down yet one more time. You wont. Because you're scared if you do I'll show everyone what a moron you are.

This is so funny.

And yet as many times as I invite you to show where this is wrong you fail. Because you are a gutless coward and wrong to boot.
Could someone please tell the idiot Rabbit who states:

where he is wrong?

He doesn't seem to understand how laws are made.

Thanks.

This is so funny.

Could someone please tell the idiot Rabbit who states:

where he is wrong?

He doesn't seem to understand how laws are made.

Thanks.
I am not wrong and you have failed to explain why repeatedly.
Because you are a gutless piece of shit coward.

"Being voted on by Congress makes it a law" - Rabbit

:banana:
Please explain why this is wrong. Go ahead. You are a gutless coward and stupid to boot.
You seriously are too stupic for words.

No.

is not true. What has to happen after Congress votes to make a bill a law?

Gowan. See if you can say it.
I already pwned you in the other thread.
When both houses of Congress over ride the veto by 2/3rds vote the bill becomes law. Ergo Congress can make laws by voting on them.
You have been thoroughly humiliated and shown to be cowardly, stupid, and ignorant.

Now, as expected, the Rabbit moves his goalposts.

I think they have been shown by all this crap over a state law and their threats on everyone. they are fed up with their lies and victimhood.

people need to stand up or be beat down by crap articles like this one posted

HAHA!
No goalpost moving except by you.
I stated Congress can enact laws by voting on them. I showed you how that happened. You were too stupid to think through the process and figured it ended with a veto.
I am right, you are wrong. And stupid and gutless, of course.
Quit whining and go find some other thread to crap in.

No qualifiers.
Goalpost moving and whining.
Do you dispute now that Congress makes laws by voting on them? And you still havent figured out how the Supreme Court can block Congress from making laws.

When people ask "what's the harm in gay marriage? How is it affecting you?" we know the answer. If you disagree with it you will be forced to do work contrary to your principles, you will have your business shut down, you will be hounded out of your job.
That is reason right there to oppose gay marriage.
They also gave us AIDS. Thanks a lot.

No qualifiers.
Goalpost moving and whining.
Do you dispute now that Congress makes laws by voting on them? .
Congress doesn't make laws without the Execute branch, except in rare instances,.

"And you still havent figured out how the Supreme Court can block Congress from making laws."

I never said that, That was your premise, not mine."

Legal marriage isn't a right. That's why it requires a license. Being black isn't defined by behavior.
Fucking morons!
Marriage has been declared a Fundamental Right many times by SCOTUS.
A marriage license isn't.
If two consenting adults request a marriage license, and there are no prohibitions from them marrying, and they have complied with all applicable laws - yes, the license to marry is a Right.

If the state denies them, they have a lawsuit on their hands.
Like brother and sister?
Non sequitur troll post.
No. Perfect logic.

I showed how that was the case. You are merely butthurt because you arent smart enough to have figured out I was correct. Congress creates laws by voting on them.

Freedom Isn’t a Zero-Sum Game

It’s firmly in the Christian ethos to identify as being persecuted. Jesus stood up to the establishment and was tortured and murdered for it. To be a Christian is to worship a martyr.

So it’s been easy for America’s religious leaders/politicians to convince the devout they too are under assault. That in a country of 300 million, where the vast majority identify as Christian, where there’s never been a non-Christian president, where crosses are as ubiquitous as trees—Christians are being victimized for their convictions. That the almost entirely unanimously self-identified Christian government is going to suddenly go all ancient Rome on the followers of Jesus Christ.

It’s a way believers get manipulated. It makes them malleable and willing to go along with any hysteria that flares up. This week it’s religious freedom. If you listen to those sending out emails asking for donations—it’s under attack!!

How are Christians being attacked? How are their rights being diminished? Apparently if they own a business they’re being forced by Big Government to serve homosexuals. This is what oppression looks like: owning a business and making money off people your religion condemns. GASP! [...]

Apparently, American Christians are now being told liberty is a zero-sum game. That if LGBTs have more rights, Christians then have fewer; if homosexuals are equal, then Christians are second-class citizens; the more for a minority, the less for the majority. They’re being told the most important part of their faith isn’t charity to all—it’s ostracization for some.

Slavery is in the Bible. There are even instructions on how to treat one’s slaves. Slavery is not legal—and even the most devout can’t own any human beings. Are Christian’s less free because of this?

Segregation was fueled by the belief that black people had the mark of Cain. Segregation is not legal. Are Christian’s less free because of this?

Mutilations for punishments are abundant in the Bible for various crimes including theft and being a prostitute. This has been a practice of the Christian World for ages. The Eighth Amendment barred them; they are illegal. Are Christians less free?

No, and no one would dare to make that argument. Those battles have been won. American Christians live with a secular government that “forces” them to not live biblically every day and largely they’re fine with it.

But homosexuality is an abomination—an affront to god—according to the Bible, you say?

Usury is condemned as an abomination in the Bible. Charging interest is legal—even egregious amounts to poor people. These moneychangers are on every corner. Are Christians being threatened by this offense to god?

There are plenty of other abominations which are suspiciously glossed over by the modern faithful, like obesity, not covering your head, wearing wool blends, eating shellfish, being rich—all condemned and punished severely in the Christian Bible. None of them are against the law. Christians don’t claim their freedom is being impeded by these facts or that it’s so offensive to their faith they can’t run a business. [...]

Freedom really means others will be tolerated whom you don’t regard, understand or agree with. That’s the downside of having freedom in a free county—Americans you don’t like have it too.

Gays being treated equally and having the same protections in a few states that Christians have in all 50 states, does not equate to "Christian Persecution".
images.jpg

Forum List

Back