Freedom of Religious Opinion? Not If You're Phil Robertson

To date no one has stopped Robertson from expressing his religious opinions any way he wants to.
Christian victim is a made up club.

What are you blind?

Since when does being blind make one deaf?
To date no one has stopped or will stop Robertson from doing or saying what he wants to.
He publicly stated so on numerous occasions.
You may believe him to be a liar but I don't.

To date no one has stopped Robertson from expressing his religious opinions any way he wants to.

Just because their efforts failed does not mean the desire to silence him was not there, silly one.

Uh, hate to tell you "silly one" but those that write the checks, as in your employer, can limit your speech and I am for it.
The Constitution does not protect you from your employer attempting to limit your speech.
It protects you against GOVERNMENT from limiting your speech.
Just because the groupies have a man crush on Robertson doesn't give him special status and he is under the exact same scrutiny as most all of us are with each and every employer.
A & E were told by Robertson he would not be silenced so good for him. I do not agree with some of the things Robertson says but I admire him for telling them basically to go fuck themselves.
Well sort of . Willie and the rest of the brothers told him how easy it was dressing up make believe country with the ZZ Top beards and all staging the reality show pocketing 80 million in the process. Family told him to calm it down some long enough to make another 80 million. Phil agreed. And I do not fault them one bit for it as this is the free market and they were paid exactly what A & E contracted to pay them.
But the claims by the Christian Victim Association are bogus. This was all about sponsors selling their ads and protecting their market share.
Pro Business all the way.

Last edited:

What are you blind?

To date no one has stopped or will stop Robertson from doing or saying what he wants to.

Yeah and there was no extermination of jews in germany either. "Christian victim is a made up club." wow... just wow

What are you blind?

Yeah and there was no extermination of jews in germany either. "Christian victim is a made up club." wow... just wow

In this country Christians, and I R 1, are the overwhelming majority.
How are we Christians victims?
You use the term "victim" loosely.

What are you blind?

You are comparing Christians in America to the Jews being exterminated by the Germans?
Wow, just wow, wow da wow wow.

Just because their efforts failed does not mean the desire to silence him was not there, silly one.

Unless “their” constituted a government entity, there were no ‘efforts’ to silence anyone, and no religious liberty potentially violated.

Hey, it's your lie, so you can tell it any way you wish. But, when GLAAD announced they were "researching" Phil to contact sponsors, it obviously was their desire to silence him. That's why I can't take you are Gadawg seriously.

Unless “their” constituted a government entity, there were no ‘efforts’ to silence anyone, and no religious liberty potentially violated.

Hey, it's your lie, so you can tell it any way you wish. But, when GLAAD announced they were "researching" Phil to contact sponsors, it obviously was their desire to silence him. That's why I can't take you are Gadawg seriously.

Contacting sponsors is not infringing on his right to free speech or religious freedom. Contacting sponsors is the free market at work.

Contacting sponsors is not infringing on his right to free speech or religious freedom. Contacting sponsors is the free market at work.

is threatening sponsors also free speech? Is threatening to post lies about them a form of free speech?

is threatening sponsors also free speech? Is threatening to post lies about them a form of free speech?

Link to these "threats"?

Nope. You can try to put whatever lipstick on that pig you like, but it's a concerted effort to silence him.

I know some of you watch Duck Dynasty and probably heard that Phil Robertson was suspended by A&E for his opinion on homosexuality. He had the gall to quote 1 Corinthians 6:9 and express himself openly about his opposition to gay marriage. Groups like GLAAD came out in support of the suspension. Don't you find it odd that people like Martin Bashir get a pass for their intolerance toward conservative women, but people like Phil Robertson are being targeted for their beliefs?

Should TV Networks silence religious speech for the political sensibilities of others? As most of you were aware, Chick-Fil-A came under similar scrutiny by gay rights organizations for its views on homosexuality last year. The response from the public was overwhelming, as the restaurant experienced booming profits from the ordeal. Suffice it to say, ratings for the show may experience similar results.

Should Phil Robertson be suspended for his comments in GQ? Or should he be allowed to express himself as he is allowed to by the the First Amendment? My personal opinion here is that no TV network should be allowed to censor a man for expressing his religious beliefs.

There have been many instances of people or businesses being targeted for their religious beliefs, all for being "intolerant." Isn't it strange that you can be allowed to be homosexual, but not a person of faith? The real intolerance here, is of those who cannot accept that others aren't forced to tolerate their way of life or their practices. If you are any freedom loving American; Democrat, Republican or Libertarian, you should be disturbed by this recent turn of events.

How has any freedom been taken away?

All the people and companies mentioned are still FREE to speak their minds, practice as they see fit.

Keep in mind, that slavery and segregation ALSO used to be "religious opinions".

Y'all are on the wrong side of history.

How has any freedom been taken away?

All the people and companies mentioned are still FREE to speak their minds, practice as they see fit.

Keep in mind, that slavery and segregation ALSO used to be "religious opinions".

Y'all are on the wrong side of history.

Way to support censorship, bucky.

You are comparing Christians in America to the Jews being exterminated by the Germans?
Wow, just wow, wow da wow wow.

No I did not. That would be you, the Liar making shit up. :cuckoo:

Last edited:

Nope. You can try to put whatever lipstick on that pig you like, but it's a concerted effort to silence him.

Whatever. But Phil has no "right" to say what he likes without non-govt actors engaging in free speech or econ boycotts. In fact, that's pretty much how free speech is supposed to work.

What strikes me as ironic here is that Paula Deen really did get railroaded, and she is probably no more a bigot that Phil "beastiality" Robertson. I can only assume that the difference was the socioecon makeup of those watching the food channel was somewhat different than those watching the DD reality show. I gotta say, I miss Paula Dean because, bad person or not, she can cook.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back