Freedom of Speech vs. Political Correctness

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
I believe that freedom of speech is our most important Constitutional right and that political correctness is its greatest adversary. The question is, who among our Presidential candidates will be its greatest defender?

The answer, obviously, is Donald Trump. You may not like his speech, but he is the embodiment of exercising that right. Ted Cruz makes good legal arguments, and the rest of the GOP candidates espouse conservative Constitutional principles, but Trump is the only one who puts his money where his mouth is.

Of course this "offends" those who want to control your speech, your thoughts and your money. Isn't it time we finally tell these people to "fuck off?"

Political Correctness is not a constitutional issue, it's a cultural issue.

The PC Police aren't robbing you of your right to speak freely. What they have done instead is create a culture of intimidation and "consequences" for anyone who says anything they don't like. Does that work against the spirit of freedom of speech? Yes. But it's not about the Constitution.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it" is not on their minds. They want to shut you up, and they'll find a way to do it.

I believe that freedom of speech is our most important Constitutional right and that political correctness is its greatest adversary. The question is, who among our Presidential candidates will be its greatest defender?

The answer, obviously, is Donald Trump. You may not like his speech, but he is the embodiment of exercising that right. Ted Cruz makes good legal arguments, and the rest of the GOP candidates espouse conservative Constitutional principles, but Trump is the only one who puts his money where his mouth is.

Of course this "offends" those who want to control your speech, your thoughts and your money. Isn't it time we finally tell these people to "fuck off?"
I despise this idea of having to couch one's words per the audience. It seems this disease of "offense" is so common, one needs to be accompanied by an attorney and a cell phone on constant record.
The attorney is there in case one is threatened with a suit because "you offended me!!!"....The attorney instant negotiates a settlement with the whiner. Speeds things up a bit.
Te cell phone is on in case the horribly offended party decides a physical attack is warranted.
Political correctness, a creation of self loathing Caucasian liberals and enforced by the same, has turned this country upside down. Also PC has rid anyone who is part of the many PC protected classes or any personal responsibility or accountability.
This shit MUST end.

The right to bear arms is our most important.

The ONLY candidate that will support freedom of speech is the Libertarian candidate.

The PC Police aren't robbing you of your right to speak freely. What they have done instead is create a culture of intimidation and "consequences" for anyone who says anything they don't like. Does that work against the spirit of freedom of speech? Yes. But it's not about the Constitution.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it" is not on their minds. They want to shut you up, and they'll find a way to do it.

Aren't you citing a distinction without a difference? "Intimidation" can be as potent a weapon against free speech as a loaded gun is during a robbery. Do you think that "protesters" who disrupt or prevent those with opposing views from speaking is merely a cultural issue? That argument itself is a demonstration of how PC is robbing us of our First Amendment rights.

Who's infringing on Trump's freedom of speech?

Aren't you citing a distinction without a difference? "Intimidation" can be as potent a weapon against free speech as a loaded gun is during a robbery. Do you think that "protesters" who disrupt or prevent those with opposing views from speaking is merely a cultural issue? That argument itself is a demonstration of how PC is robbing us of our First Amendment rights.
Protesters who shout you down aren't taking away your rights. You can keep talking, even if no one can hear you.

PC Police who get you fired for "offending" them aren't taking away your rights. You can say whatever you want and suffer the consequences.

That's the difference. You can say anything you want. Your rights are secure. It's what they then do to you that matters. Yes, that's clearly against the spirit of Freedom of Speech, agreed. But what they are doing is not unconstitutional.

You wouldn't do that to them. I wouldn't do that to them. They have no such standards.

PC is freedom of speech. You people are a hoot.
"he said ******!"
"lets socially assassinate him and make him bankrupt!"
:rolleyes:
Who said that? Oh, no one. You are just so afraid of saying something un-PC you need to make a strawman to protect you. :thup:
Its not a straw man. Shit likes that happens. Just because you dont leave your couch, doesn't mean the rest of us don't.
LMAO yea, I am a so PC its CRAZY man!

Intimidation?
Damn funny that!

Has there ever been a time when there was no consequence to what anyone said? Do you think it would be better if there was never any consequence to a persons words?

PC is freedom of speech. You people are a hoot.
"he said ******!"
"lets socially assassinate him and make him bankrupt!"
:rolleyes:
Who said that? Oh, no one. You are just so afraid of saying something un-PC you need to make a strawman to protect you. :thup:
Its not a straw man. Shit likes that happens. Just because you dont leave your couch, doesn't mean the rest of us don't.
LMAO yea, I am a so PC its CRAZY man!
The only time you leave your basement is to buy more beer.

Protesters who shout you down aren't taking away your rights. You can keep talking, even if no one can hear you.

PC Police who get you fired for "offending" them aren't taking away your rights. You can say whatever you want and suffer the consequences.

That's the difference. You can say anything you want. Your rights are secure. It's what they then do to you that matters. Yes, that's clearly against the spirit of Freedom of Speech, agreed. But what they are doing is not unconstitutional.
True, but to a point. It does effect legislation. Also unnecessary actions(or lack thereof) by the local, state and federal agencies as well.

You wouldn't do that to them. I wouldn't do that to them. They have no such standards.

Do you consider robbery at gunpoint a deprivation of the victim's rights?

Forum List

Back